TSYS Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Technical Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 21, 2017
Call Center, Answer calls, Assist customers, performance incentives, great atmosphere, great management, great co workers, great opportunity for advancement
If you are family oriented this is NOT the job for you
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 19, 2017
I got hired on through a Temp service and let's just say; shortly after training I was ready to quit. Your schedule is SET for 3 months at a time, meaning if you start a shift from 2pm-11pm off only on Mondays & Wednesday.. that is EXACTLY what you will work for 3 months. Its almost impossible to switch or take time off. And depending what department you work in you can take very irate calls and have people curse you out for no reason
TSYS is a good place to learn some great skills
Fraud Investigator I (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 19, 2017
You have a variety of opportunities at this company and it gives you a chance to grow and impact so many people. This is a good starting point for the young and young at heart.
eh
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 11, 2017
decide for yourself. It has pros and cons like any job. What are you willing to tolerate and where do you draw the line? Everyone has a different experience.
Good Place to work
Senior Research Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 11, 2017
They have various locations in the US and overseas. Major Credit card processor for small and large businesses. Various positions available from Customer Support to Finance.
Pros
Decent Insurance
Cons
Short breaks
TSYS is the finest company I've worked for during my IT career.
Programmer Analyst Senior (Former Employee) –  Columbus, gaApril 5, 2017
The management at TSYS is very professional, and assures that every employee is a success. The teamwork is the best I've ever been exposed to. All employees on a team work together well.
Pros
Management.
Cons
No pension.
Good People, That's about it.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 3, 2017
Working at TSYS has been both a curse and a blessing. The pay, for the area I live in, is phenominal. However, the hours are very long and working soley night shift, the benefits are not worth the mental stress that it causes. The management is scattered and unorganized. The follow through on employee complaints is terrible. That being said, the people there are wonderful. The atmosphere is, more often than not, laid back. I see these people more often than I see my own family that I live with. The supervisor I am under tries to make sure that his employees are taken care of and happy. They are very good at making sure that the families are taken care of as well. However, the stress from working such long hours does counteract the positivity of the atmosphere. If you are looking for great people and don't mind at least 13 hour workdays with minimal breaks and not being allowed to sit down, go for it. The benefits are good, better than most companies actually. But the stress that comes with the job makes those benefits minimal at best.
Pros
Family Oriented, Competitive Pay
Cons
Long Hours, Not allowed to sit down, Minimal Breaks, Scattered Management
decent place ...but
Sr. Client Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 1, 2017
Recent acquisitions and lay offs proved detrimental to the core of the business because irreplaceable knowledge and experience was either let go or fled from the instability. Minimal advancement opportunities, but overall a decent place to be employed.
benefits
Stable and established payments leader
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 1, 2017
I am a former TransFirst employee that was recently acquired by TSYS, The transition has been mostly seamless with a few minor challenges. TSYS made strong business decisions in retaining performing managers and sales staff in the merchant division. However, compensation changes and lack of a progressive culture are recent challenges that prompted me to search for other career opportunities.
Pros
Experienced payments management team
Cons
Lack of progressive product options and culture
Chargeback Specialist (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAMarch 27, 2017
A typical work Day , A lot of knowledge to learn but after you learn the job become very easy , very relaxing work environment . I would recommend this job.
Pros
1 hour lunch, 2 weeks paid Vacation and PDO
Cons
Pay should be higher
Awesome place to work - friendly people and great work life balance
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 27, 2017
Tsys has been a wonderful place the last 5 years. You're not micro managed, which I believe is key to being successful at what you do. The flexibility is another reason why I've always enjoyed what I do. My job allows me to work from home and work the hours that are good for me. The hardest part of the job when I first started was multitasking. I had a variety of duties that I needed to focus my time on and needed to prioritize. I overcame that obstacle and feel a sense of achievement knowing that something that once overwhelmed me is now just part of my job.
Pros
Able to work from home, carry a work phone
Cons
Have to pay for parking
Very Productive and keeps you on your feet
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 18, 2017
Tsys is a very good company to work for. They have a very nice and clean work environment and the supervisors are always professional. They also have great benefits as well.
Pros
They treat everyone fairly.
Cons
Stressful calls.
Productive work place with good lunch break
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 12, 2017
Fun and loving work place
Most of the people were more than willing to help when you needed it
the night supervisor was rude
it was a lot of stress working with the Atlanta office with them grading our calls
Pros
long lunches, comfortable work environment
Cons
Rude 3rd shift management and having to work with the Atlanta office
Productive workplace with a friendly comfortable work environment.
Customer Service/Tech (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 3, 2017
Working 40 hours a week which was split to four 10 hour days, with having a three day weekend. TSYS works with different types of schedules. Due to going to school they provided me the option of working four days a week so I can go to class the three days I was scheduled without being rushed back to work after class. The environment was so friendly it was like a giant work family. The company had a few months were conversions made things a bit complicated and busier, but it wasn't difficult to get use to. It allows you to build skill while being under pressure. While being with TSYS Merchant Solutions I've learned so much about credit card processing, and the process on how credit card machines work. I learned about the service end; how billing works for businesses that accept credit card payments, different types of processing methods and fees. I also learned about the technical side of credit card machines, about how they are setup, the file building, troubleshooting, and the requirements they need to meet for the card brands.
The hardest part of the job was when issues would come up and we have never heard of them on the technical side, but we would have different departments aside from out technical support in customer service, but once we received answers it became easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment and the job keeping you on your toes. It was such a friendly space that when needing assistance anyone was willing to help.
Pros
flexible, schedules, friendly environment, learning experience, tuition reimbursement, benefits
Cons
short breaks, point system.
n/a
Client Support Analyst II/Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 1, 2017
Great, fun company to work for with plenty of encouragement and room for advancement. Unfortunately the local office was laid off and closed down due to a company purchase and overhaul.
Was a good company, enjoyed my position there,but the company culture has changed
Business Analyst Senior (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 1, 2017
I love my position and the clients I service, but upper management has start make major changes with software, company culture, restructures, and moral is down. A typical day is open projects, review any new client information, daily meetings, and any other things that may come up.
Pros
Salary, nice facities. vacation and sick time
Cons
culture change and sturcture changes
Great opportunity to learn and grow
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 15, 2017
Unlike those former employees' bad comments, I believe this was a great company to learn so many things.They simply advanced my vision about what not to do... If you are planning to start your business or build your career in the merchant service industry, start with this company... Trust me! you will be extremely unhappy while you are working for them but their company culture, management style, operational policies and how they treat their business partners & customers will help you to prevent loosing at years 10 years in this industry. So you can advance your business skills and your people skills much faster...
Pros
great everything...
Cons
company pens were not writing well
Declining Work Environment
Software Developer Senior (Current Employee) –  Golden, COFebruary 5, 2017
Management sees employees as numbers who are interchangeable while giving no regard to the employees skills and advancement desires. Management has an expectation of complete obedience and is not open to hearing opposing opinions. There is more focus on statistics that can be presented to show positive pictures to the board than they are in actually producing a quality product. This leads to a demoralizing atmosphere for employees.
Toxic environment with no work life balance and careless Management
Anonymus (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 30, 2017
This is one of the worst companies i have ever worked for. The work environment is so toxic that it starts to impact your health tremendously. Here are some of the things which makes this place horrible:
-worst managers in many departments. These managers can be subject matter experts but have no managerial skills.
-Favoritism- people who have been working here for couple of years and are favored in terms of vacation (how and when they take it), growth opportunities, recognition of your efforts and a general attitude towards you. Managers won't have your back if you are not his/her favorite.
-Some of the folks who have been there long enough gets away with doing littlest work.
-Lack of privacy-due to the open office system people notice everything you do. It gets harder to concentrate on work with million distractions around.
-Unprofessional behaviors from managerial team members often get unpunished and there is a lot of these behaviors going on around.
-Highly unorganized way of working

Bottom line: Management doesn't care about their employees.
Pros
Good training was provided
Cons
Toxic and unhealthy place to work
High paced and productive
Chargeback Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 22, 2017
you must stay ready to work and be on time. Work will be a difficult at times however, it is nothing that you cant handle. Job takes dedication and you get out what you put in.
Pros
LUNCH
Cons
TIME OFF

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TSYS. Our community is ready to answer.