TSYS Employee Reviews

Temp to hire
Call Center Representative Trainee (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAFebruary 5, 2016
My experience with this company was as a temp to hire employee (which is about the only way a low level employee can get hired by the company as they only direct hire higher level employees). The staffing agencies are hard to work for. (This was my first time working for an employment agency and not being directly hired). They charge excessive fees (like about 60 bucks for a drug test that they do with a drug test kit you can get at the drugstore for 20 bucks and since they probably buy them in bulk they are probably making a huge profit with just the drug test charges alone).Then the staffing agencies try to get you to use their "global cash card" instead of direct deposit so they can make money off of that too. They have t-shirts you can wear to work with their logo but you gotta pay for those too. It seems like the staffing agencies used by the company are extremely greedy and do what ever they can to make money off of low level hard working people trying to make a living. It was NO fun getting paid and then having fees deducted from my paycheck that went to the staffing agency. The company should cover those charges in their contract instead of placing the burden on the temp employees it uses. As a temp employee you have no direct hiring manager or human resources department to go to with questions or concerns. You have to deal with the staffing agency and they have their own agenda which is to make money off of you. It is better in my opinion to be direct hired and get paid for working rather than feeling like you are paying a staffing agency to be employed.
The company
  more... has a lot of nice people working/training there. It is a long arduous process to go from being a temporary employee to a direct hire. They make it harder than it has to be in my opinion. They will say they are all about helping their employees succeed but their actions don't show that. They say they want people who show up on time and are never late but they accommodate people who are late every single day. They say they want people who will work their schedules and follow their break times, etc. but they accommodate people who take extended breaks. They say they don't want you to have your cell phone in the bathroom but people take excessive bathroom breaks just to go in the bathroom and talk and text for long periods of time when they should be in class or on the floor and they accommodate them. They don't accommodate people who try to do everything right and be on time and be a good employee though. I am not judging the people who take extended breaks and all, I am just saying if you can accept that then you should be able to accept other issues. My thinking is if you are going to accommodate all the slackers you should accommodate the ones who want to perform but need a minor accommodation. I would just like to say to all the executives at the company who might read this to not discount the introverts and shy people and people with anxiety/post traumatic stress disorder and other personality traits. There are all kinds of personalities and not everybody is an extrovert and attention seeker and that is OKAY. I guarantee you that the introverts will be the ones working and doing their jobs while the extroverts are in the bathroom talking on their cell phones or taking an extended lunch or goofing off. The introverts will be trying to learn and wanting to learn and wanting to perform as best they can. They may not give 30 minute speeches or want to be managers because they don't like having to hire/fire or discipline people, but they are willing to help their coworkers and willing to help train the new hires who come after them and willing to clean the toilets if need be. Not everybody in this world will be the CEO of a company, but all the different personality types out there bring something to the table and help make a business run and make profit. I have never worked for a company that didn't seem to understand that there are different personalities just like there are different skin colors, ages, races, etc. The company seems to think that to get high performers you need everybody to be a flaming extrovert. That is not true and I know that because I have worked at many different companies with many different people and they all have their talents and different things to offer and they didn't create an environment where you felt pressured into having a fake outgoing personality.
The company needs to do more coaching and helping and less grading and evaluating of new employees. Give them time to progress and develop because the best way to learn is by doing and being coached if you are doing it wrong. "Failing" new hires doesn't help anything. The company also needs to make clear what happens when you fail an evaluation. Will you be let go? Given another chance? If given another chance will you be let go if you fail again? The company also needs to make clear when they will evaluate you and reevaluate you if you fail because what is not important to them is extremely important to the person hoping and wishing and praying to progress to the point of being directly hired by the company. They shouldn't leave new hires hanging waiting for them to come and reevaluate them to know if they will keep their jobs or not. That is another bad thing about working for a temp agency. When you ask questions you don't get answers because they have their own agenda I guess of getting you hired on permanently so they can make money and they don't give you the kind of feedback a direct hiring manager would.
As far as the scheduling and overtime and pay is concerned I don't have any complaints like the previous reviewer. I never worked directly for the company, only for the staffing agency, but I don't have complaints about the pay only the fees they take out. I like shift work and am flexible to work any shift so that doesn't bother me and the thought of being able to work overtime was thrilling to me because at my last jobs you were lucky to get 25 hours a week. Full time jobs are hard to come by and jobs with decent benefits are hard to come by so I was looking forward to that. Being a temp you don't get benefits or overtime but if you "flip" (as they call it) over to the company after several months you get the company benefits which I heard were pretty good. The hard part is getting to the "flip" part because being a temp is hard for the reasons I stated before. You have fees taken out of your paycheck, you don't have a direct hiring manager who works for the company to answer questions, you don't have access to a human resources department to discuss issues that they might just be willing to accommodate, and you don't ever really know what is going on because your agenda, the staffing agency's agenda, and the company agenda are all different.
Pros:
Good trainers, nice coworkers/fellow trainees, nice building, nice desks, nice break room & restrooms, good housekeeping (clean environment), good security, good computers/technology, good caterers for lunch in break room, and hour lunches (except when they are busy you might get 30 minutes but you can have snacks at your desk so that is not a problem).
Cons:
Lack of the company to understand that introverts can be really good employees if they just give them a chance, lack of the company to understand that low level employees live paycheck to paycheck a lot of the time, and they are not well to do like a lot of the executives and department managers, and when you leave them hanging on whether or not they will be fired after a re-evaluation and you take forever to get around to doing the re-evaluation even though that employee is waiting to know whether they will keep their job or not, and whether they will graduate the training class or not, and whether they get to start their regular schedule the next week like their coworkers who passed their evaluation the first time, is torture.
Another con was hearing the employees who have been there awhile talk about how they fire people. I don't have a problem with people being fired if they do the things which the company has told them can get them fired, but my concern was them not clearly stating at what point temps or regular employees can get fired when it comes to their evaluations and re-evaluations. They need to let them know what happens when they fail an evaluation or re-evaluation and if they do fire them do it right away and not when they come back from lunch.
Pros
trainers, security, environmental staff
Cons
fees taken out of your paycheck, never knowing if/when you will be fired, no acceptance by upper management of people with anxiety issues that can be easily accommodated, Quality staff not used as coachers for new hires rather than graders
TSYS is a productive, fun place to work. Great leadership team.
Senior Director: Portfolio Management (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 6, 2012
The choice to join TSYS was simple for me – it all added up. Once I got to met and know the executive team, I could feel their passion and drive. The company is the right size with the right amount of growth. The environment is entrepreneurial and I always had an opportunity to drive the business. Makes you want to be part of such a growing, vibrant organization.
I had the freedom to work with clients in whatever way works best for them and for me. I had the flexibility to come up with creative solutions, but I also had a support infrastructure so I had resources that I can rely on to help me build solutions. That’s how TSYS deliver value to their customers.
When you look at really large companies, you have to fit into a system and pay your dues – but the plus side is that these company's have an infrastructure in place. In smaller companies, you have a lot of flexibility but it can be very disorganized. At TSYS, you get the best of both worlds – a blend of small company freedom and big company infrastructure and support.
TSYS entrepreneurial spirit extends to employees and the community. The company is always willing to be a part of any cause that you bring to the table. For example, TSYS gives their employees the time they need in support of community efforts.
When the TSYS says, “We do the right thing” it is not just lip service. I had a medical emergency in my family and the company did everything possible to give me the flexibility and support I needed to care for my family during this time.
There is a consistent level of quality in TSYS employees, from the leadership team
  more... down. I would much rather work in this situation than in a corporate scenario where there are A, B, and C level players. Plus, the leadership team has been very anticipatory – focusing on potential challenges for growth and proactively addressing them. This gave me confidence that the company will stay strong, for a long time.  less
Pros
team environment, benefits, learning/supportive envirnoment
Cons
you never want to leave your job (because you enjoy it so much).
Worst Company to work for, with a terrible work life balance.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 31, 2016
I think this is one of the worst companies you could work for! It is a very cheap and stingy company that pays their customer service reps(agents) very low wages, and pays managers much higher salaries. The customer service reps have to struggle over pennies on the dollar and overtime pay. At Tsys, you will start at $10.00 per hour as a temp, and when you go permanent, you will earn $11.00 per hour. The only way to make more money, with Tsys, is you have to work a lot of overtime. They make employees fight over the best work schedules, by awarding the so-called best performers with a 7am to 4pm, or an 8am to 5pm shift, Monday thru Friday, as they are open 24/7, and are open on all major holidays. If they don't like you, or if they claim you are not in the top 20 percentile, you will not get a normal shift. This causes a very hostile work environment, as this causes reps not to trust, or want to work to help one another, because they are all trying to get the best schedules. The moral, there, is very low, due to the low wages, and bad scheduling. Everyone is so uptight and walking around on pins and needles there. I trained at the McDonough location, which looks dim and penitentiary-like. The national average for customer service jobs like this, at such a high security level, pay at least $15.00 per hour! Stop treating your workers like prisoners and start offering them better pay!
Pros
Clean facility, great house keeping.
Cons
Way below average pay for customer service Agents
Big family!
Lead (UAT Product Managements) (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 2, 2012
1,Typical day at work would be surrounded by fun/enthusiastic people who loved being at work with out any hassles or carry a burden on heart. They loved the work place so did I.
2,Learnt about the family atmosphere and many highly skilled teams to give you knowledge transfer regarding products and comfortable conference/training rooms to co-ordinate/accommodate the number of people attending these KT.
3,90% of management is really friendly and extremely heart warming people except one or two people who lack experience in handling the teams and need more experience in Mgmt training.
4,Co-Worker/colleagues are Friendly and they are from different department and everyone got along like CHERRY on a PIE.
5,Hard part about the job is the manager who lack knowledge/experience in handling the team or people. Micro managing and expecting it to work successfully is a no go for success. Worked with managers who handled 180 people and still successfully pulled it off. But present manager lacks experience and knowledge.
6,Having colleagues who had so much knowledge to teach/guide and the most fun part was -- we were one big family and surrounding teams where like extended families. Work is more like a big fair with lot of work but fun to be in it.

They have cafeteria, ping pong, pool tables & massive huge parking lot with security.
Pros
talent shows, awards, charity programs.
Cons
need to evaluate the manager before giving them a position
EXCELLENT PLACE TO WORK, BUT FAR AWAY
SENIOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 10, 2012
HANDLING COMPLEX INCOMING CALLS, LOGGING INFORMATION ON COMPUTER SYSTEMS. THIS INVOLVED SELECTING CORRECT DATABASE TO USE, OFTEN FINDING ERRORS, CORRECTING THEM, AND THEN PROGRAMMING THE TERMINAL AS NEEDED TO COMMUNICATE WITH MY SERVER AND MAKE NEEDED CORRECTIONS. I ALSO HELPED OTHER TECH SUPPORT PEOPLE FROM OTHER BANKS, OTHER HELP DESKS, AND SOFTWARES TO FIND AND FIX THEIR PROBLEMS AS WELL.
I LEARNED HOW TERMINALS WORK AND RELATE TO THE DATABASES ASSIGNED TO THEM, HOW TO FIND AND FIX ERRORS, MANUALLY OR THRU DOWNLOADS. I HELPED MAKE ONLINE DOCUMENTATION THAT WAS NEEDED, AS WELL AS COME UP WITH FIXES FOR 25 YEAR OLD PROBLEMS, THAT NO ONE HAD COME UP WITH UP TILL THEN, SUCH AS MY "VIRTUAL TERMINAL FIX"
I HAVE FRIENDLY MANAGERS AND CO WORKERS. THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB IS THE DISTANCE TO WORK. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB IS FIXING BANK REPS AND MERCHANTS TERMINALS, AND LISTEN TO THEM SAY THEY "LOVE ME" OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, THAT GIVES ONE A WARM FUZZY! I AM GOOD AT WHAT I DO, I HAVE EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THE MOST COMPLIMENTS OF ALL THE HELP DESK ON THE FLOOR.
Pros
nice people work there
Cons
very long drive to work, gas is expensive
If ur complacent GO FOR IT
Chargeback specialist I (risk management) (Former Employee) –  Corporate ridgeApril 26, 2013
Tsys has a great name in the community but this perception is askew. The grand opportunity and enthused work environment is only at the campus location. Corporate ridge houses the disgruntled leaders that carry poor salaries. The call center has unrealistic expectations and even poorer leadership. U will be confused and constantly monitored, no matter ur experience level u will be micromanaged. Say goodbye to holidays and discretion. U don't matter ;only the clients. They have great insurance that u will never use bc they reject pdo time off. The needs of the business and call volume supersedes all personal concerns and education, for that matter. Tsys is a horrible company to work for if u are driven or independent in thinking. It's unlikely I'd ever recommend anyone to work here and my heart goes out to those corporate ridge vets who have invested ample time and money investing in this company only to be treated with little regard. So don't punish yourself ... Find something else!
Pros
... they people there have big hearts and take the abuse
Cons
bad management, reduced lunches, mandatory ot
Great place to work with wonderful benefits and opportunities for growth
Associate Manager Contact Center (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 23, 2016
I am an Associate Manager / Supervisor in an inbound call center. A typical day at work starts with checking the service levels, occupancy (call outs or late arrivals to work). The next thing I do is systems test, quality assurance. The next part of my day is reporting, correcting or troubleshooting any issues or concerns that would have a negative impact on meeting our projected goals for the day or month. I have learned that I am a self starter and I am a team player. I have also learned to solve problems and work with in the guidelines of compliance policy and procedures. My management is focused on people first and encourages change and growth. My co-workers are the best part of the job; we learn to depend on each other to be successful as a group. Because I enjoy my work ,the hardest part of my job is trying to balance my work hours and home life. The people I work with are the best part of my job. I enjoy coaching and developing people to make us successful.
Pros
The company has a rich diverse culture
Day at work
Sr. Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2013
Works under limited supervision and performs day-to-day Information Security functions pertaining to computer access control on numerous security software products and processes. Threat Management Center (TMC) Real time proactive monitoring of complex systems and response to known and emerging threats against the TSYS network via intrusion detection software. Provide interpretation of data in support of security event management processes from various data feeds and correlations of combined data. Complete detailed, comprehensive investigation and triage on a wide variety of security events. Review security log data to detect and resolve security issues. Perform incident handling processes, which include implementation of containment, protection, and remediation activities. Conduct incident responses that include root cause analysis and lessons learned. Participate in the development of new logic and analytical capabilities. Other duties as assigned.
Sold Cutting Edge Technology
Product Director, Self-Service Solutions (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 12, 2014
Directed and actively participated in all business and product development for self-service financial kiosk of one of the world’s largest outsourced payment services companies supporting consumer finance, credit, debit, healthcare, loyalty, and prepaid services for numerous global financial institutions and retail companies.

Researched, created, and provided strategic business development for self-service products in grocery, e-store, and hospitality industries. Reviewed potential customer locations and analyzed competitive product offerings by conducting on-site technical, security, and marketing surveys. Managed major accounts and worked closely with clients to establish specific account plans with measurable goals.
Selected Contribution:

♦ Defined business requirements and formulated detailed process flows to enhance self-service solutions, increase revenue, and realize cost savings.
Pros
exciting product
Cons
market challenges
You had everything you ever needed. Bank, gym,food, store,library & travel agency.
Business Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Columbus GaMay 22, 2012
A typical day at TSYS was work oriented first as well as felt valued as an individual. TSYS offered "TSYS school to learn for advancements." I was surrounded by a diverse group of people and it just worked great. I was with TSYS for 12 years as well as my husband and still miss it today. I was taught many skills through different mentors there and use those skills in my current position today and I am grateful for my experience. I cannot say the was a hard part of my jobs, sometimes stressful under meeting time restraints but that was part of the job at times and in my book, that built character. I wish I had that same leadership in my current business. I will carry TSYS in my heart as a family for life.
Pros
family oriented, team building games, fundraisers, communication, leadership & unity
Overall good place to work
Operations Technician Sr (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 20, 2013
Operated and monitored mainframe, Control-M, and their peripheral devices. Observed control panels for malfunctions/ errors in operation messages. Initiated and monitored all computer software and prioritized the job streams to ensure that all client processing deadlines were met successfully, made any adjustments needed to correct operational problems or to meet any special conditions. Primarily was concerned with proper use of operations equipment to ensure client expectations were met. Provided diagnostic analysis in common error situations to determine the point of equipment or program failure. Conferred with additional technical personnel when errors required any type of change of instructions or in sequence of operations.
Unique Corporate Culture that eats people alive
Manager (Former Employee) –  ColumbusMarch 18, 2015
It's a "dog eat dog" world at TSYS. There is a lot of scheming and backstabbing in your rise to the top. You had better watch what you say and trust NO ONE! They will crush you in order to advance themselves. I never felt like I could be myself in that environment. They proclaim to inspire innovation and creativity, but yet stifle it. This is the same company that proclaims at one point they were a 46 million dollar company and now are a 7.6 billion dollar company, but still do nothing to invest in their employees or their benefits to those "Team Members". I would be cautious as to what division I worked for. Avoid Division 24 at all costs.
Pros
Peers, work resources
Cons
Management, culture, people investment, lack of training opprotunity, lack of investment back to "Team Members"
Great Company to work for
Business Systems Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 15, 2013
Management is very supportive of balancing work and family life. TSYS has a great training program and continuing education program for their employees. They are supportive in allowing you to advance in your career. The people that work for TSYS are very dedicated to making sure that the client is happy and are willing to do whatever it takes to get something accomplished. The most enjoyable part of my job is when our code changes are implemented in to our production region, and there are no issues, knowing I had a part in the analysis and design and knowing I thought of all the possible situations that could arise as a result of the request from the client.
Pros
onsite bank, gym and daycare with a summer camp program for kids ages 5-11
TSYS is a great company hands down. Seeking other employment ONLY to relocate to Panama City to be with boyfriend.
Client Support Analyst, Senior (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 13, 2014
A typical day at work is with the greatest people in Columbus Georgia to work with. We are like a family & we know we have a job to do & we get it done. TSYS leadership all the way up to the President/CEO is superb. They live by the golden rule and it shows. I have been with this company for 22 years for a reason. Very fair, ethical and moral. The only reason I am seeking emloyment is to move to Panama City Beach.

The environment of my department is stressful and very fast paced. However, the management and overall leadership is second to none. A job should be fun and work should get done and that is exactly how this company is.
Job Description
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 5, 2014
• Provided accurate and complete information to the customers
• Processed account corrections for the correct authorized card holder
• Provided requested information to all card holders as needed
• Transferred calls as needed to ensure proper service was provided
• Assisted customers with making payments online
• Ensured financial transactions (online payments/balance transfers) were confirmed with customer before submission to avoid errors
• Maintained a clean work environment conducive to productivity
• Provided quality customer service to ensure satisfaction
• Processed all Knowlagents before the due date
• Resolved member disputes on various issues
Small business focused credit card processor looking to remain one of the top 10 Global Processors.
Client Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 22, 2014
Learned a lot about credit card processing from beginning to end. A typical sales cycle, what to look for and how to prevent fraud, how to remain positive during stressful times. The most enjoyable part were the relationships I built with so many people, from merchants to co-workers, even those internal customers we worked with daily. Lower level management was close by and involved on many levels usually knowing employees on a first name basis.
Pros
jeans, friendly people, flexibility
Cons
lack of resources, executive management very far removed from day to day operations
The company that time forgot
AD (Former Employee) –  Corporate Ridge Dr Columbus GaOctober 23, 2015
TSYS is supposed to be a technology company however they are severely lacking in their technology offerings. The market has far surpassed what this company has to offer.

The Sr. Managements' style is equally antiquated and down right bizarre. The organization desperately needs an infusion of youthful, fresh, forward thinking and a mass displacement of the ready to retire current regime.

Just because you've been there for 15+ years doesn't make you good at your job. This concept is lost on the current leaders.
Pros
The turnover rate is so high you constantly get to meet new people!
Cons
The AD's and on up lack business acumen and common sense thinking. Do not work here.
Unprofessional cowards
lead pa (Former Employee) –  campusJune 19, 2013
In view of the positive reviews out here it only goes to show that you can fool a lot of the people all of the time. This company used to be great until the CEO retired and a new CEO took over who was nothing more than a bean counting, head hunter. Then HR got infiltrated by cowards and backstabbers who could not deal with a person face to face, they could deal with you if your back was turned. The lower line managers were nothing more that corporate stool pidgons who will use the guise of private meeting to report you to HR for any statement made in confidentiality. This company has come to define the deepest and most reprehensible vision of PC.
Dreadful work environment
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 30, 2011
Takes efficiency too far in good times and bad. Chronic poor decision making by middle management. Middle management out of touch with subordinates. Management gets too much credit for work done by subordinates. Managers tend to have out of control egos. Upper management does nothing to keep this in check. Upper management too focused on beating FDR at all costs. Upper management practices duplicity and hides behind image.

Cheap with employees. Chronic under staffing.
Pros
salaries are competitive, cafeteria at campus
Cons
management has poor people skills., very high pressure due to poor decision making by
Very professional, yet laid back culture
Network Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 28, 2014
TSYS is a great family oriented place to work. The benefits are amazing and the people there really know how to retain team members. I love that they encourage you to move into a position that allows you to use your knowledge and they don't retain you in a position in that you don't find yourself productive because they want you to grow and the company to grow. They have team appreciation outings and lots of events to get you involved with the company and culture. There is pretty much a job anyone could do within this company. I loved the people, the attention to leadership and not management structures.