TSYS Employee Reviews

Good Experience
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAMay 23, 2017
Working with the company gave me good experience in my desired field. I met some great people and formed good relationships. It is a typical call center environment.
Great if you need it.
Credit Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 15, 2017
TSYS is a great company for when you need the job. It pays very well and does offer great benefits,It offers moments of Team appreciation, but after awhile you fall into the norm of overstress of the job and how unbalanced and finnicky it truly is. If you're someone who gets sick often or has health issues you'll find that TSYS can weigh you down as doctors notes are not acceptable so you get punished for each day missed. Further realizing you are ntohing more than a corporate lackey who they will easily enjoy to replace. But if you need a high paying job, this is a great start.
Pros
Insurance, Wonderful Vendors
Cons
Stress, Doctors Notes not accepted.
Account Executive
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 15, 2017
Good benefits and excellent work/life balance. Not room for advancement. Work remotely so no chance to interact with anyone outside of your local team.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
no way to advance
Productive Environment
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 11, 2017
Working at TSYS teaches you productivity and professionalism. Unfortunately, the recruiting department was laid off causing separation. Weekly meetings and reports help to keep one in the loop of the recruiting and hiring strategies.
Pros
Casual Attire
Cons
Wages
the time was fun
Account Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 5, 2017
Handles inbound and outbound calls on delinquent and/or over limit accounts with customers to reach a payment agreement. Initiates a plan of action to recover outstanding accounts to include various methods of payment such as, commitment to pay by mail, debit account, and Quick Remit. Identify accounts that need further investigation to locate customer and utilize information obtained from skip tracing material. Maintains accurate and complete records of all payment agreements and inquires. Must follow all client policies and procedures while consistently adhering to all Federal and State collection laws.
Posting Projects
Programmer Technical Analyst (remote) (Former Employee) –  Homedale, IDMay 1, 2017
Juggled multiple projects at different phases of the development life cycle. Analyze one project, code another, and testing another. When an issue arises, find the code issue, fix, test, implement, and then get back to project work – flexible, adaptable, and get the work done.
Bringing new client on-board was challenging and rewarding. Our team did everything from Cards to Statement files. It forced you to learn every aspect of Credit Card processing, booking new accounts, incoming transaction, posting, updating money buckets, APR, Promo pricing, payment allocation, to General Ledger updates. Anything and everything was thrown at us and usually on a tight time-line.
Pros
solving problems, getting the code to do what you want, management appreciated the work being done, compensation for a job well done.
Cons
lots of overtime - failure is not an option. Jobs moving to India
Great coworkers
Customer Service Rep 1 (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 28, 2017
Management and expectations were excessive. High volume call center and no room for mistakes. You only get two and then you get written up. Also; training listens to live calls. All of your calls are monitored!
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Expectations
company
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 27, 2017
they are not for your family the management I great some of them are nice. They don't gave holidays off like Christmas, new year, thanksgiving if you pregnant make sure you have the appointment on are off days.
Great Place to work
Fraud Investigator I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 25, 2017
for balancing a workload of over 50 fraud cases at a time for multiple clients, contacted cardholders in order to obtain information on confirmed fraud situations, gathered necessary information and contacted law enforcement agencies as needed, re-billed cardholder accounts as necessary, SAR Reports, used Accurint

The hardest part of the job was when there was no fraud, yet the customer still stating fraud. Showing proof to the customer still didn't seem to get them to understand.

The enjoyable parts of the job was the job itself. I loved what I did and it made me want to go to work everyday. Here, too, I also had a wonderful work family. We worked hard together and helped our co workers when needed.
benefits
Cons
Great people to work with
TECHNICAL CSR SENIOR (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 24, 2017
Very little to no advancement offered. Leadership does not advance employees to match current job responsibilities. Great people, pay is not meeting current industry standards.
Great Place to Work
Technical Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 21, 2017
Call Center, Answer calls, Assist customers, performance incentives, great atmosphere, great management, great co workers, great opportunity for advancement
If you are family oriented this is NOT the job for you
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 19, 2017
I got hired on through a Temp service and let's just say; shortly after training I was ready to quit. Your schedule is SET for 3 months at a time, meaning if you start a shift from 2pm-11pm off only on Mondays & Wednesday.. that is EXACTLY what you will work for 3 months. Its almost impossible to switch or take time off. And depending what department you work in you can take very irate calls and have people curse you out for no reason
TSYS is a good place to learn some great skills
Fraud Investigator I (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 19, 2017
You have a variety of opportunities at this company and it gives you a chance to grow and impact so many people. This is a good starting point for the young and young at heart.
eh
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 11, 2017
decide for yourself. It has pros and cons like any job. What are you willing to tolerate and where do you draw the line? Everyone has a different experience.
Good Place to work
Senior Research Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 11, 2017
They have various locations in the US and overseas. Major Credit card processor for small and large businesses. Various positions available from Customer Support to Finance.
Pros
Decent Insurance
Cons
Short breaks
TSYS is the finest company I've worked for during my IT career.
Programmer Analyst Senior (Former Employee) –  Columbus, gaApril 5, 2017
The management at TSYS is very professional, and assures that every employee is a success. The teamwork is the best I've ever been exposed to. All employees on a team work together well.
Pros
Management.
Cons
No pension.
Good People, That's about it.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 3, 2017
Working at TSYS has been both a curse and a blessing. The pay, for the area I live in, is phenominal. However, the hours are very long and working soley night shift, the benefits are not worth the mental stress that it causes. The management is scattered and unorganized. The follow through on employee complaints is terrible. That being said, the people there are wonderful. The atmosphere is, more often than not, laid back. I see these people more often than I see my own family that I live with. The supervisor I am under tries to make sure that his employees are taken care of and happy. They are very good at making sure that the families are taken care of as well. However, the stress from working such long hours does counteract the positivity of the atmosphere. If you are looking for great people and don't mind at least 13 hour workdays with minimal breaks and not being allowed to sit down, go for it. The benefits are good, better than most companies actually. But the stress that comes with the job makes those benefits minimal at best.
Pros
Family Oriented, Competitive Pay
Cons
Long Hours, Not allowed to sit down, Minimal Breaks, Scattered Management
decent place ...but
Sr. Client Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 1, 2017
Recent acquisitions and lay offs proved detrimental to the core of the business because irreplaceable knowledge and experience was either let go or fled from the instability. Minimal advancement opportunities, but overall a decent place to be employed.
benefits
Stable and established payments leader
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 1, 2017
I am a former TransFirst employee that was recently acquired by TSYS, The transition has been mostly seamless with a few minor challenges. TSYS made strong business decisions in retaining performing managers and sales staff in the merchant division. However, compensation changes and lack of a progressive culture are recent challenges that prompted me to search for other career opportunities.
Pros
Experienced payments management team
Cons
Lack of progressive product options and culture
Chargeback Specialist (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAMarch 27, 2017
A typical work Day , A lot of knowledge to learn but after you learn the job become very easy , very relaxing work environment . I would recommend this job.
Pros
1 hour lunch, 2 weeks paid Vacation and PDO
Cons
Pay should be higher

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TSYS. Our community is ready to answer.