TSYS Employee Reviews in United States

Productive call center environment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative 1 (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 28, 2016
Typical work day was taken phones calls for multiple banks both in English and Spanish. I explained to the customers their accounts the bank policies verifying accounts transferring when needed. Their was overtime offered but most of the times it was not mandatory the only times it was mandatory was only when we were short handed which we were not most of the time and it was only your lunch that was shortened. The pay for the area was not that bad. I did feel job security with TSYS I loved the company culture very open minded and ethical towards their employees. I had a lot of fun with TSYS while I was there I highly recommend TSYS for job security and growth in the financial and business sector.
Pros
Free lunches, Benefits are good PTO and Sick time given once hired, The people I meet there, Tuition reimbursement, Multiple faculties around the world if you wanted to transfer elsewhere, job growth and security
Cons
Mando OT at times, 24 hr call center shifts varies and no shift security all by seniority and rotation
Family Oriented
Travel Specialist and Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 21, 2016
A typical day includes assisting customers with rewards redemptions (gift cards, cash back, travel), account inquiries, and providing administrative and team support. I mainly fill the role as a travel specialist. This position requires not only booking hotel, car and airline reservations, but assisting with any related issues. These issues can include cancelations, missed flights, etc. I am a program expert on all clients (at least 30) and provide support where this is a need. I assist the research department in gathering specific information and communicating with clients. I provide team support to agents in my area and assist with escalated calls. I also provide support to the supervisors. This requires that I keep an eye on incoming call volume, adjust the types of calls agents receive to successfully meet service levels, and keep leadership abreast of any technical or client issues that affect the call center. I may be required to send service level reports and weekly updates to management.
Pros
Fun, Family Oriented, Wonderful growing experience, Great people, Great benefits, NO fear of job loss
Cons
Low pay
Growth opportunities, lower end pay scale, great benefits, handsome time off
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAMarch 4, 2016
Growth opportunities, lower end pay scale, great benefits, handsome time off. Center is growing but struggles to find a voice as many initiatives are dictated from Columbus. Poor attrition due to staffing agency model
Pros
development opportunities, opposite of metro Atlanta traffic, growing area, great leaders, promote from within
Cons
high attrition through staffing model, initiatives dictated by headquarters vs working as a semi autonomous call center, pay is lower than industry average
not a good area to work in
Fraud Analyst I (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAMarch 1, 2016
As a Fraud Analyst, you are paid barely anything. They expect more and more work from you with little compensation and the inability to do such things.

They said they have "tested" the numbers they give you, but they do not know what the field can really be like.

When I switched between jobs, their training was minimal at best. The company is also having a lot of issues with filling roles and there is little room to grow.
Pros
one hour lunches
Cons
short breaks, bad compensation, inability to move up the ladder quickly
Very Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 24, 2016
Very great professional place to work , and work with school schedules. Great benefits and great work environment. I love working here but will be leaving due to no TSYS in my new home location.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 4, 2015
Good place to work. My only 'quirk' is that partiality is shown often. If you aren't part of the clique, your raise/bonus will not match your performance.
Pros
Fitness Center, Cafeteria onsite
Cons
partiality is shown greatly
Good environment, freindly co workers, on site activities
Application Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 17, 2015
Check emails, work on incident tickets for clients,
Review progress of all issues outstanding with team members.
Perform daily checks of automated scripts etc.
Pros
Volunteer activities. onsite workout room. Telecommute available.
Cons
Cannot insure working spouse with tsys health benefits.
Enjoyable
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 24, 2015
TSYS is a very good place to work and the benefits and compensation is above normal, but you feel like you can not go to anyone in HR to discuss a manager
Temp to hire
Call Center Representative Trainee (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAFebruary 5, 2016
My experience with this company was as a temp to hire employee (which is about the only way a low level employee can get hired by the company as they only direct hire higher level employees). The staffing agencies are hard to work for. (This was my first time working for an employment agency and not being directly hired). They charge excessive fees (like about 60 bucks for a drug test that they do with a drug test kit you can get at the drugstore for 20 bucks and since they probably buy them in bulk they are probably making a huge profit with just the drug test charges alone).Then the staffing agencies try to get you to use their "global cash card" instead of direct deposit so they can make money off of that too. They have t-shirts you can wear to work with their logo but you gotta pay for those too. It seems like the staffing agencies used by the company are extremely greedy and do what ever they can to make money off of low level hard working people trying to make a living. It was NO fun getting paid and then having fees deducted from my paycheck that went to the staffing agency. The company should cover those charges in their contract instead of placing the burden on the temp employees it uses. As a temp employee you have no direct hiring manager or human resources department to go to with questions or concerns. You have to deal with the staffing agency and they have their own agenda which is to make money off of you. It is better in my opinion to be direct hired and get paid for working rather than feeling like you are paying a staffing agency to be employed.
The company
  more... has a lot of nice people working/training there. It is a long arduous process to go from being a temporary employee to a direct hire. They make it harder than it has to be in my opinion. They will say they are all about helping their employees succeed but their actions don't show that. They say they want people who show up on time and are never late but they accommodate people who are late every single day. They say they want people who will work their schedules and follow their break times, etc. but they accommodate people who take extended breaks. They say they don't want you to have your cell phone in the bathroom but people take excessive bathroom breaks just to go in the bathroom and talk and text for long periods of time when they should be in class or on the floor and they accommodate them. They don't accommodate people who try to do everything right and be on time and be a good employee though. I am not judging the people who take extended breaks and all, I am just saying if you can accept that then you should be able to accept other issues. My thinking is if you are going to accommodate all the slackers you should accommodate the ones who want to perform but need a minor accommodation. I would just like to say to all the executives at the company who might read this to not discount the introverts and shy people and people with anxiety/post traumatic stress disorder and other personality traits. There are all kinds of personalities and not everybody is an extrovert and attention seeker and that is OKAY. I guarantee you that the introverts will be the ones working and doing their jobs while the extroverts are in the bathroom talking on their cell phones or taking an extended lunch or goofing off. The introverts will be trying to learn and wanting to learn and wanting to perform as best they can. They may not give 30 minute speeches or want to be managers because they don't like having to hire/fire or discipline people, but they are willing to help their coworkers and willing to help train the new hires who come after them and willing to clean the toilets if need be. Not everybody in this world will be the CEO of a company, but all the different personality types out there bring something to the table and help make a business run and make profit. I have never worked for a company that didn't seem to understand that there are different personalities just like there are different skin colors, ages, races, etc. The company seems to think that to get high performers you need everybody to be a flaming extrovert. That is not true and I know that because I have worked at many different companies with many different people and they all have their talents and different things to offer and they didn't create an environment where you felt pressured into having a fake outgoing personality.
The company needs to do more coaching and helping and less grading and evaluating of new employees. Give them time to progress and develop because the best way to learn is by doing and being coached if you are doing it wrong. "Failing" new hires doesn't help anything. The company also needs to make clear what happens when you fail an evaluation. Will you be let go? Given another chance? If given another chance will you be let go if you fail again? The company also needs to make clear when they will evaluate you and reevaluate you if you fail because what is not important to them is extremely important to the person hoping and wishing and praying to progress to the point of being directly hired by the company. They shouldn't leave new hires hanging waiting for them to come and reevaluate them to know if they will keep their jobs or not. That is another bad thing about working for a temp agency. When you ask questions you don't get answers because they have their own agenda I guess of getting you hired on permanently so they can make money and they don't give you the kind of feedback a direct hiring manager would.
As far as the scheduling and overtime and pay is concerned I don't have any complaints like the previous reviewer. I never worked directly for the company, only for the staffing agency, but I don't have complaints about the pay only the fees they take out. I like shift work and am flexible to work any shift so that doesn't bother me and the thought of being able to work overtime was thrilling to me because at my last jobs you were lucky to get 25 hours a week. Full time jobs are hard to come by and jobs with decent benefits are hard to come by so I was looking forward to that. Being a temp you don't get benefits or overtime but if you "flip" (as they call it) over to the company after several months you get the company benefits which I heard were pretty good. The hard part is getting to the "flip" part because being a temp is hard for the reasons I stated before. You have fees taken out of your paycheck, you don't have a direct hiring manager who works for the company to answer questions, you don't have access to a human resources department to discuss issues that they might just be willing to accommodate, and you don't ever really know what is going on because your agenda, the staffing agency's agenda, and the company agenda are all different.
Pros:
Good trainers, nice coworkers/fellow trainees, nice building, nice desks, nice break room & restrooms, good housekeeping (clean environment), good security, good computers/technology, good caterers for lunch in break room, and hour lunches (except when they are busy you might get 30 minutes but you can have snacks at your desk so that is not a problem).
Cons:
Lack of the company to understand that introverts can be really good employees if they just give them a chance, lack of the company to understand that low level employees live paycheck to paycheck a lot of the time, and they are not well to do like a lot of the executives and department managers, and when you leave them hanging on whether or not they will be fired after a re-evaluation and you take forever to get around to doing the re-evaluation even though that employee is waiting to know whether they will keep their job or not, and whether they will graduate the training class or not, and whether they get to start their regular schedule the next week like their coworkers who passed their evaluation the first time, is torture.
Another con was hearing the employees who have been there awhile talk about how they fire people. I don't have a problem with people being fired if they do the things which the company has told them can get them fired, but my concern was them not clearly stating at what point temps or regular employees can get fired when it comes to their evaluations and re-evaluations. They need to let them know what happens when they fail an evaluation or re-evaluation and if they do fire them do it right away and not when they come back from lunch.
Pros
trainers, security, environmental staff
Cons
fees taken out of your paycheck, never knowing if/when you will be fired, no acceptance by upper management of people with anxiety issues that can be easily accommodated, Quality staff not used as coachers for new hires rather than graders
Great place to work with wonderful benefits and opportunities for growth
Associate Manager Contact Center (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 23, 2016
I am an Associate Manager / Supervisor in an inbound call center. A typical day at work starts with checking the service levels, occupancy (call outs or late arrivals to work). The next thing I do is systems test, quality assurance. The next part of my day is reporting, correcting or troubleshooting any issues or concerns that would have a negative impact on meeting our projected goals for the day or month. I have learned that I am a self starter and I am a team player. I have also learned to solve problems and work with in the guidelines of compliance policy and procedures. My management is focused on people first and encourages change and growth. My co-workers are the best part of the job; we learn to depend on each other to be successful as a group. Because I enjoy my work ,the hardest part of my job is trying to balance my work hours and home life. The people I work with are the best part of my job. I enjoy coaching and developing people to make us successful.
Pros
The company has a rich diverse culture
Cons

Want to know more about TSYS?

Ask a question
great place to work
test analyst (Former Employee) –  columbus gaOctober 7, 2015
morning meeting, write test scripts and correspond with Business Analyst regarding policies for clients. Great relationships with co-workers. getting test accounts numbers were tough. A great company to work for.
benefits
Cons
training not efficient
Fun to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tempe AZSeptember 8, 2015
Culture in the building was fun and enjoyable. It was fun to work with co-workers that you liked and were hard workers. There was always a training available for new products so you will always had the option to learn and practice new techniques that helped to do your job more easier.
Pros
nice benefits
Really tough to advance
I.T. Business Analyst Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 26, 2016
The work life balance is decent but there are way too many obstacles in the way of a successful career. I am not a huge fan of the leadership as they are too involved in employee affairs.
Laid back company
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  columbus, GAOctober 1, 2015
overall great company to work for, very laid back environment. No dress code most employees take advantage of this. Provides great benefits and starts off more than minimum wage.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks, low pay
Lots of employee activities, but work all holidays (24/7/365)
Risk Management Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 13, 2015
I like how many employee activities there are and how relaxed it is on later shifts. There are also pretty good benefits, including discounts around town and for theme parks and attractions. I do not like the schedule selection process. Your schedule changes every 3-4 months. Sucks having no weekends/holidays off, unless using vacation time.
Pros
Great benefits and activities, discounts
Cons
call center open 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 (366) days a year
Productive and fun workplace.
CSRI / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 25, 2016
I enjoy my employment with Total Systems due to the livelihood and the many of benefits associated with the workplace. Total Systems is not just a workplace, but it is also a place where you can express yourself. Total Systems provides us the options to voice our opinions on not only workplace fun, but also on job related matters. There is not anything hard about being a customer service representative, but it does have its cons when it comes down to learning new material.
Pros
Free lunches, job awards, plenty of benefits.
Cons
Non-Flexible hours, scheduling, management.
Unique Corporate Culture that eats people alive
Manager (Former Employee) –  ColumbusMarch 18, 2015
It's a "dog eat dog" world at TSYS. There is a lot of scheming and backstabbing in your rise to the top. You had better watch what you say and trust NO ONE! They will crush you in order to advance themselves. I never felt like I could be myself in that environment. They proclaim to inspire innovation and creativity, but yet stifle it. This is the same company that proclaims at one point they were a 46 million dollar company and now are a 7.6 billion dollar company, but still do nothing to invest in their employees or their benefits to those "Team Members". I would be cautious as to what division I worked for. Avoid Division 24 at all costs.
Pros
Peers, work resources
Cons
Management, culture, people investment, lack of training opprotunity, lack of investment back to "Team Members"
best part of work were the talking boothes.
Media Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 1, 2016
A typical day at work is filled with laughter and excitement. not a dull moment ever spent at tsys.
I became the head of my bay which is basically like having your own little section I had to take care of.
Managing can be quite stressful sometimes but I do love to be in charge.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers,
Pros
great benefits, friendly environment
Cons
Barely had time for school
Tsys
Customer Service, Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 17, 2015
I worked for TSYS for about three years. On a typical day I handled 60-70 calls relating to a members credit card rewards program.

I learned how points accumulate on an account and how they can be applied towards gift cards and airline travel.

My coworker & immediate supervisors were good to work with.

The hardest part of my job was telling a member that the flight they wanted was blacked out for point usage.
Pros
benefits package was good
Cons
work/life balance is not easy, slow management promotions
Always a very productive and enjoyable place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 22, 2015
Having been there for many years there was always room for advancement in your career, as well as learning opportunities. They keep the employees updated on where the company stands or stood on certain issues and in the market place.
Pros
Very friendly
Cons
Too segregated in the work area - you are in your own little world