TSYS

TSYS Employee Reviews

CSR (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 12, 2014
Typical day at work is just waiting on a phone call as a CSR. I learned patience and I was able to sharpen my soft skills. Management was awesome but working 3rd shift sometimes leadership will not be available...You will have an opportunity to meet great people in training and if lucky they will be working shifts with you more than likely you guys will be seated together out on the floor...the hardest part was staying awake for me (3rd shift) and dealing with irate customers...the most enjoyable part of the job is having invaluable training....
Cons
short breaks
Very professional, yet laid back culture
Network Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 28, 2014
TSYS is a great family oriented place to work. The benefits are amazing and the people there really know how to retain team members. I love that they encourage you to move into a position that allows you to use your knowledge and they don't retain you in a position in that you don't find yourself productive because they want you to grow and the company to grow. They have team appreciation outings and lots of events to get you involved with the company and culture. There is pretty much a job anyone could do within this company. I loved the people, the attention to leadership and not management structures.
Tsys
Customer Service, Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 17, 2015
I worked for TSYS for about three years. On a typical day I handled 60-70 calls relating to a members credit card rewards program.

I learned how points accumulate on an account and how they can be applied towards gift cards and airline travel.

My coworker & immediate supervisors were good to work with.

The hardest part of my job was telling a member that the flight they wanted was blacked out for point usage.
Pros
benefits package was good
Cons
work/life balance is not easy, slow management promotions
Productive and fast growing
International Consultant Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GaAugust 22, 2015
TSYS was a very good company to work for when I started.There has been so many changes with the mangement. Majority of the managers came from outside of the company and made drastic changes without getting a feel on TSYS way of doing business. Most of the managers would stay 6 months-2 years and leave. So many projects are rushed during conversions which damages the relationships with our clients. Which is time and money wasted.
Pros
Excellent Benfit package, vacation, Paid sick time and floating holiday
Cons
Growth opportunities
Nice company but not for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 18, 2013
Coming into one position and trying to transfer to another is hard. Company seems to go out and hire someone from a temp agency instead of hiring from within. Co-workers are the best part of the job and only reason to keep coming back along with pay day and health benefits. Hardest part of the job is having to take abuse from customers and not being treated as a human being with a brain. Don't plan a vacation ahead of time because you may not get the time off .
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
poor pay, poor advancement/transfer rate
Productive work environment.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 9, 2013
Obtain proper approval of invoices for processing. Match all purchase orders with the correct invoices. Code all invoices appropriately according to location, department, and correct general ledger account.
Process and enter all employee expense reports and credit card charges each month into QuickBooks.

I did acquire more experience in the accounts payable dept. Learned more about HVAC companies.
My co-workers did help make the job more enjoyable.
Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the high volume of invoices especially when I was always given projects to do.
Constantly busy, not over demanding, somewhat challenging
SR Material Supply Specialist/End User Computing (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 19, 2013
Most of my day was spent loading and unloading computer equipment for the company. Other than that I was maintaining quality control and inventory management. I spent a lot of time talking with Finance and completing SOP operations for them along with expenditure reports. I shifted between that and computer repair and maintenance. I worked Technical Support for any team members that had technical issue with their equipment.
Pros
working all over the building. i was not stuck in one spot
Cons
no advancement
Dreadful work environment
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 30, 2011
Takes efficiency too far in good times and bad. Chronic poor decision making by middle management. Middle management out of touch with subordinates. Management gets too much credit for work done by subordinates. Managers tend to have out of control egos. Upper management does nothing to keep this in check. Upper management too focused on beating FDR at all costs. Upper management practices duplicity and hides behind image.

Cheap with employees. Chronic under staffing.
Pros
salaries are competitive, cafeteria at campus
Cons
management has poor people skills., very high pressure due to poor decision making by
Lots of employee activities, but work all holidays (24/7/365)
Risk Management Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 13, 2015
I like how many employee activities there are and how relaxed it is on later shifts. There are also pretty good benefits, including discounts around town and for theme parks and attractions. I do not like the schedule selection process. Your schedule changes every 3-4 months. Sucks having no weekends/holidays off, unless using vacation time.
Pros
Great benefits and activities, discounts
Cons
call center open 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 (366) days a year
Great benefits, Stressful job, lack of assistance
Chargeback Specialist (Former Employee) –  columbus, gaAugust 26, 2014
Great benefits but that's it. A typical day at work was answering calls all day in a cubicle and getting fussed at by management to wrap up your notes after a call. There was a lack of assistance. If you needed help we were asked not to go to our peers/coworkers but every time we would seek leadership they would either be gossiping about us or other employees within the company or they would ignore our instant messages or our calls to the escalation team.

Want to know more about TSYS?

Ask a question
Loyalty
Customer Service Representative II/Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 12, 2012
Department Loyalty of TSYS
Continuously changing shiftsevery three months, changing rules of programs with no notifications....meaning it's easy to fail a call, no clear answers when asked, unable to read system clearly nor are they up to date, different answers from different Supervisors for the same question, and Request for time off or Holidays have to be given months in advance. Made it really hard to work for this company with having kids and school. Very stressful job!
Great place to work! TSYS puts its employees first!
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 4, 2012
TSYS was ranked #1 on Forbes Top 100 Companies to work for 1999 - and it deserves it! Their campus was designed to help employees balance work and home, such as a small convenient store, travel agency, fitness center, library, and a dare care center.
Everyone works as a team to make sure the work is done properly from design to coding to testing to implementation.
Pros
daycare center, employee appreciation days, fitness center
Cons
stressful, on-call duty, long hours at times.
TSYS IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 23, 2012
TSYS is a great place to work. I enjoyed coming to work everyday of my 7 years with this company. I learned how to be a project manager and completed a two year project in one year. My immediate supervisor was okay. I found it difficult at times to meet on required upper management decisions. The hardest part of my job was doing a good job and completing my project one year ahead of schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job was training, developing and assisting my fellow employees and team mates.
Pros
outstanding team fellowship and spirit
Cons
my project ran out and i was laid-off
Good Company, Good People
General Peon (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 9, 2012
TSYS is a great company to work for mostly because of the people who work there. As with any company you have good and bad, but with TSYS the good normally outweighs the bad by a lot. I've learned a lot from my years at TSYS, and have made many friends along the way. TSYS is a company that people leave, but normally make their way back to, which speaks volumes about the company.
There are very restrictive policies on posting for jobs within the company, which limits growth opportunities, which is probably why people leave and come back so much.
Pros
people, environment, benefits
Cons
compensation, growth opportunities
Great job that needs more sturdy management
Fraud Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 14, 2015
Show up, sit down work accounts … No talking (within my department) I learned about fraud and an array of banks. Management SUCKS a lot , they're the least bit involved all the time. Co-workers were great. Stressful with a lot of emphasis on accuracy. The hardest part of the job is dealing with uninvolved management. The best part of the job was being able to go home.
Pros
great benefits, nice co-workers, dependable job, freedom to work as you wished (within guidelines)
Cons
bad management, no organization
My days at work are productive.
IT Operation Technician Lv.2 (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 28, 2015
I enjoy my work and what I am doing at work. My days at work are always productive because I was tasks to do on a daily basis and installs/changes to manage or assist with other groups. In my work, I touch basic with most of the things in IT, such as file-transfer, network, servers, database, developments, writing reports, and projects. TSYS is a large company so there are many productions and non-productions installs and changes on a daily basis. I get along with other groups and con-workers just fine.
TSYS
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 26, 2015
Working at TSYS is challenging yet a good experience. A typical work day for me is answering the phones for customers & assisting with any problems or concerns they may have. Management is awesome my co-workers are very fun to be around also laid back and are very helpful the hardest part about my job is telling a customer no.. the most enjoyable part of my job is working in a safe, comfortable & fun workplace and also knowing that I can help a customer resolve any issue they may have.
STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 7, 2014
Probably the most unethical leadership I have ever encountered. The VP of Sales was demoted for inappropriate contact with a female employee, only to be promoted AGAIN. Even when sales reps forge applications, they aren't turned over to the authorities. All illegal and unethical activity is swept under the rug. This place rewards those of low moral character. Terrible place. Quitting this job was the best decision I have EVER made.
Pros
hmmm.......nothing
Cons
executive leadership, unethical behavior, terrible comp plan
Don't say anything at all
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 29, 2012
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. From a typical day to interaction with peers and management to the direction of the company, everything at TSYS is lacking.
Ironically, it is likely that people from the other areas of TSYS (Tempe, AZ, Columbus, GA, etc) enjoy the company. In Omaha, TSYS is poorly run and is a challenging place to work. The only thing we seem to have in common as co-workers is our loathing for the organization.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
pretty much everything else
Job Description
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 5, 2014
• Provided accurate and complete information to the customers
• Processed account corrections for the correct authorized card holder
• Provided requested information to all card holders as needed
• Transferred calls as needed to ensure proper service was provided
• Assisted customers with making payments online
• Ensured financial transactions (online payments/balance transfers) were confirmed with customer before submission to avoid errors
• Maintained a clean work environment conducive to productivity
• Provided quality customer service to ensure satisfaction
• Processed all Knowlagents before the due date
• Resolved member disputes on various issues