TSYS Employee Reviews

Senior Management Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 23, 2016
A typical day at work was to manager customer service representatives in the call center. Each training was designed to manage their success as customer service representative.
Dreadful work environment
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 30, 2011
Takes efficiency too far in good times and bad. Chronic poor decision making by middle management. Middle management out of touch with subordinates. Management gets too much credit for work done by subordinates. Managers tend to have out of control egos. Upper management does nothing to keep this in check. Upper management too focused on beating FDR at all costs. Upper management practices duplicity and hides behind image.

Cheap with employees. Chronic under staffing.
Pros
salaries are competitive, cafeteria at campus
Cons
management has poor people skills., very high pressure due to poor decision making by
Good and challenging job
sales (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 21, 2016
Learned a LOT in the past few years at TSYS. Great team though we're spread out, we still stay connected. We have a good amount to team building meetings that are fun.
Pros
Ice cream most days
Cons
no cons
Laid back company
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  columbus, GAOctober 1, 2015
overall great company to work for, very laid back environment. No dress code most employees take advantage of this. Provides great benefits and starts off more than minimum wage.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks, low pay
Not a good place to work
Lead Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  KENNESAWMay 6, 2015
Work for over 13 years and was overlooked for several advancements. Local management staff was sub par. It was a you look out for me and I look out for you enviroment. Non-quailfied people was being promoted vs. The hard working qualified people.
Constantly busy, not over demanding, somewhat challenging
SR Material Supply Specialist/End User Computing (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 19, 2013
Most of my day was spent loading and unloading computer equipment for the company. Other than that I was maintaining quality control and inventory management. I spent a lot of time talking with Finance and completing SOP operations for them along with expenditure reports. I shifted between that and computer repair and maintenance. I worked Technical Support for any team members that had technical issue with their equipment.
Pros
working all over the building. i was not stuck in one spot
Cons
no advancement
Nice company but not for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 18, 2013
Coming into one position and trying to transfer to another is hard. Company seems to go out and hire someone from a temp agency instead of hiring from within. Co-workers are the best part of the job and only reason to keep coming back along with pay day and health benefits. Hardest part of the job is having to take abuse from customers and not being treated as a human being with a brain. Don't plan a vacation ahead of time because you may not get the time off .
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
poor pay, poor advancement/transfer rate
Exciting, Educational, most valuable place I have ever worked
Customer Service Representative/Collector (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 8, 2012
This place has awesome schedules, great benefits packages, excellent managers, they give you the power to help people or get them help. They encourage you to treat customers with respect. The reward you for excellence, and they offer you continued training and provide a clear path for advancement.
Your own desk, your own team that is just like family, wonderful casual environment.
Pros
benefits, education reemburstment, etc
Great benefits, Stressful job, lack of assistance
Chargeback Specialist (Former Employee) –  columbus, gaAugust 26, 2014
Great benefits but that's it. A typical day at work was answering calls all day in a cubicle and getting fussed at by management to wrap up your notes after a call. There was a lack of assistance. If you needed help we were asked not to go to our peers/coworkers but every time we would seek leadership they would either be gossiping about us or other employees within the company or they would ignore our instant messages or our calls to the escalation team.
Fun place to work.
Assisting Cardholders (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 27, 2015
While working at TSYS you're able to move up from any position. The benefits and pay was great. Management was easy to get along with.
Great work environment
SENIOR CLIENT SERVER ANALYST, IT PROJECT OFFICE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 4, 2015
TSYS was a great place to work. I learn several new things. Management was always supportive of me and my endeavors. I would recommend TSYS as an employer to anyone seeking to have a stable career with a company that is family oriented.
My days at work are productive.
IT Operation Technician Lv.2 (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 28, 2015
I enjoy my work and what I am doing at work. My days at work are always productive because I was tasks to do on a daily basis and installs/changes to manage or assist with other groups. In my work, I touch basic with most of the things in IT, such as file-transfer, network, servers, database, developments, writing reports, and projects. TSYS is a large company so there are many productions and non-productions installs and changes on a daily basis. I get along with other groups and con-workers just fine.
Fun to work
Collections agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GeorgiaAugust 21, 2015
You learn about procedures and laws on credit card information. The co-workers are easy going. Management always tries to make work exciting and enjoyable giving monthly recognition meetings and prizes.
Pros
Recognition, prizes, incentives
Cons
short breaks
fun place to work
Lead Disclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 20, 2015
meet your quota each work day. watch for detail and the importance of detail. easy to talk to management. co-workers are fun to work with and make the day go by easily.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
short lunch times
High paced work environment. Room for growth.
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GA.April 17, 2014
Typical day would include client or internal meetings to discuss project plans. Review of processes and process improvements. Learned leadership and project management skills. Best part of the job is the team and relationships that are developed and evolved over time. Hardest part of the job would be a stressful work environment and high paced working conditions.
Pros
co-workers, benefits
Cons
stressful, home-work balance
Good Company filled with good people
Lotus Notes Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GaJanuary 18, 2012
TSYS felt like home from the first day. The company promotes a healthy balance between work and family. Benefits are good and advancement is available. On the down side IT On call Duties can last a week 24/7 dealing with international issues. Depending on the group size this can become mentally and physically draining.
Pros
fair compensation and benifits
Cons
long on call duties
Productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 28, 2012
Working at TSYS is can be challenging and seem stresful at times but the companies makes up for it with various activities. The benefits they provide are outstanding and based on the people you work with directly, it can be a fun experience. I've learned so much working for this company. It has helped me grow as an individual and provided me with skills that can help me go further in my career.
Productive and fast growing
International Consultant Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GaAugust 22, 2015
TSYS was a very good company to work for when I started.There has been so many changes with the mangement. Majority of the managers came from outside of the company and made drastic changes without getting a feel on TSYS way of doing business. Most of the managers would stay 6 months-2 years and leave. So many projects are rushed during conversions which damages the relationships with our clients. Which is time and money wasted.
Pros
Excellent Benfit package, vacation, Paid sick time and floating holiday
Cons
Growth opportunities
Great company to work for.
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 23, 2013
The company gives a person an opportunity to get into programming in mainframes. The compensation is very good. Management gives a sense of caring for their employees. I would work for this company again if there was an opportunity.
Pros
everything they provide
Cons
no remote/telecommute work opportunity
Productive Workplace
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 7, 2015
Great place to work with good pay. People are friendly and will help you in any way they can. I'd love to go back and work for them again.