TSYS Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work at
Programmer Analyst Lead (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 8, 2012
Good Benefits and Flexible Schedule.
Learned a lot of new skills every year.
Enjoyed working in the Payments Processing Industry.
Fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 17, 2014
Overall it was a good company. I enjoyed my time there. My only complaint is it takes a long time to get a decent pay.
Pros
good benefits, free lunches
Cons
pay
Great Company to work for
Business Systems Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 15, 2013
Management is very supportive of balancing work and family life. TSYS has a great training program and continuing education program for their employees. They are supportive in allowing you to advance in your career. The people that work for TSYS are very dedicated to making sure that the client is happy and are willing to do whatever it takes to get something accomplished. The most enjoyable part of my job is when our code changes are implemented in to our production region, and there are no issues, knowing I had a part in the analysis and design and knowing I thought of all the possible situations that could arise as a result of the request from the client.
Pros
onsite bank, gym and daycare with a summer camp program for kids ages 5-11
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GaApril 28, 2013
I enjoyed my 3 years. I enjoyed my travels and the compensation was great.
Great company if you are able to advance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 8, 2015
I think it is a great place to work, but the pay can be much better as well as management. I would love to advance in this company to further my career but I am afraid that I will be held back without being given the opportunity.
Pros
Perks, opportunity to advance within the company
Cons
Pay grade, Management
Fun to work
Collections agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GeorgiaAugust 21, 2015
You learn about procedures and laws on credit card information. The co-workers are easy going. Management always tries to make work exciting and enjoyable giving monthly recognition meetings and prizes.
Pros
Recognition, prizes, incentives
Cons
short breaks
Great team work shown with the leads and supervisors
Lead Collector II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 3, 2012
A typical day at work would be to run reports, coach agents, and to motivate them to do their best. I learned how to be a great leader, and to push other agents to their fullest potential. Management sometimes micro managed, which sometimes made the job stressful, but at the same time rewarding. The hardest part of my job was to have to recommend an agent to get disciplinary actions taken against them. Or to see them upset on a mistake they made. The most enjoyable part is to see an agent improve on a problem area they may have had, and to see the I did it look on their face.
Pros
job security
Cons
micro-managing
fun place to work
Lead Disclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 20, 2015
meet your quota each work day. watch for detail and the importance of detail. easy to talk to management. co-workers are fun to work with and make the day go by easily.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
short lunch times
Not a good place to work
Lead Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  KENNESAWMay 6, 2015
Work for over 13 years and was overlooked for several advancements. Local management staff was sub par. It was a you look out for me and I look out for you enviroment. Non-quailfied people was being promoted vs. The hard working qualified people.
A good company to work for.
Senior Client Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 16, 2015
A good company to work for. Allowed me to have flexible hours. I did not like being on call all time. Great place to work. Amazing place to work.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Being on call a lot
Constantly busy, not over demanding, somewhat challenging
SR Material Supply Specialist/End User Computing (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 19, 2013
Most of my day was spent loading and unloading computer equipment for the company. Other than that I was maintaining quality control and inventory management. I spent a lot of time talking with Finance and completing SOP operations for them along with expenditure reports. I shifted between that and computer repair and maintenance. I worked Technical Support for any team members that had technical issue with their equipment.
Pros
working all over the building. i was not stuck in one spot
Cons
no advancement
TSYS is a productive, fun place to work. Great leadership team.
Senior Director: Portfolio Management (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 6, 2012
The choice to join TSYS was simple for me – it all added up. Once I got to met and know the executive team, I could feel their passion and drive. The company is the right size with the right amount of growth. The environment is entrepreneurial and I always had an opportunity to drive the business. Makes you want to be part of such a growing, vibrant organization.
I had the freedom to work with clients in whatever way works best for them and for me. I had the flexibility to come up with creative solutions, but I also had a support infrastructure so I had resources that I can rely on to help me build solutions. That’s how TSYS deliver value to their customers.
When you look at really large companies, you have to fit into a system and pay your dues – but the plus side is that these company's have an infrastructure in place. In smaller companies, you have a lot of flexibility but it can be very disorganized. At TSYS, you get the best of both worlds – a blend of small company freedom and big company infrastructure and support.
TSYS entrepreneurial spirit extends to employees and the community. The company is always willing to be a part of any cause that you bring to the table. For example, TSYS gives their employees the time they need in support of community efforts.
When the TSYS says, “We do the right thing” it is not just lip service. I had a medical emergency in my family and the company did everything possible to give me the flexibility and support I needed to care for my family during this time.
There is a consistent level of quality in TSYS employees, from the leadership team
  more... down. I would much rather work in this situation than in a corporate scenario where there are A, B, and C level players. Plus, the leadership team has been very anticipatory – focusing on potential challenges for growth and proactively addressing them. This gave me confidence that the company will stay strong, for a long time.  less
Pros
team environment, benefits, learning/supportive envirnoment
Cons
you never want to leave your job (because you enjoy it so much).
Great work environment
SENIOR CLIENT SERVER ANALYST, IT PROJECT OFFICE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 4, 2015
TSYS was a great place to work. I learn several new things. Management was always supportive of me and my endeavors. I would recommend TSYS as an employer to anyone seeking to have a stable career with a company that is family oriented.
Dreadful work environment
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 30, 2011
Takes efficiency too far in good times and bad. Chronic poor decision making by middle management. Middle management out of touch with subordinates. Management gets too much credit for work done by subordinates. Managers tend to have out of control egos. Upper management does nothing to keep this in check. Upper management too focused on beating FDR at all costs. Upper management practices duplicity and hides behind image.

Cheap with employees. Chronic under staffing.
Pros
salaries are competitive, cafeteria at campus
Cons
management has poor people skills., very high pressure due to poor decision making by
TSYS is a great company hands down. Seeking other employment ONLY to relocate to Panama City to be with boyfriend.
Client Support Analyst, Senior (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 13, 2014
A typical day at work is with the greatest people in Columbus Georgia to work with. We are like a family & we know we have a job to do & we get it done. TSYS leadership all the way up to the President/CEO is superb. They live by the golden rule and it shows. I have been with this company for 22 years for a reason. Very fair, ethical and moral. The only reason I am seeking emloyment is to move to Panama City Beach.

The environment of my department is stressful and very fast paced. However, the management and overall leadership is second to none. A job should be fun and work should get done and that is exactly how this company is.
Small business focused credit card processor looking to remain one of the top 10 Global Processors.
Client Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 22, 2014
Learned a lot about credit card processing from beginning to end. A typical sales cycle, what to look for and how to prevent fraud, how to remain positive during stressful times. The most enjoyable part were the relationships I built with so many people, from merchants to co-workers, even those internal customers we worked with daily. Lower level management was close by and involved on many levels usually knowing employees on a first name basis.
Pros
jeans, friendly people, flexibility
Cons
lack of resources, executive management very far removed from day to day operations
Great Job Culture
Programmer Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 9, 2015
Overall I think TSYS is a great place to work. Of course, every department is not the same but as a whole it is very culture oriented.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 12, 2014
Typical day at work is just waiting on a phone call as a CSR. I learned patience and I was able to sharpen my soft skills. Management was awesome but working 3rd shift sometimes leadership will not be available...You will have an opportunity to meet great people in training and if lucky they will be working shifts with you more than likely you guys will be seated together out on the floor...the hardest part was staying awake for me (3rd shift) and dealing with irate customers...the most enjoyable part of the job is having invaluable training....
Cons
short breaks
highly productive
Customer Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  columbusJuly 13, 2015
fact paced
highly productive
goal is to prevent retentive and collect on past due accounts
quiet workplace
respectful management
Unprofessional cowards
lead pa (Former Employee) –  campusJune 19, 2013
In view of the positive reviews out here it only goes to show that you can fool a lot of the people all of the time. This company used to be great until the CEO retired and a new CEO took over who was nothing more than a bean counting, head hunter. Then HR got infiltrated by cowards and backstabbers who could not deal with a person face to face, they could deal with you if your back was turned. The lower line managers were nothing more that corporate stool pidgons who will use the guise of private meeting to report you to HR for any statement made in confidentiality. This company has come to define the deepest and most reprehensible vision of PC.