TSYS Employee Reviews

Its Up To You Literally
Customer Service Representative (Columbus) (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 30, 2016
It's not a bad job, as long as you're willing to put yourself out there and you have a good work ethic. Depending on the dept you work in you might be busy which ensures you'll have a job. I've learned that it's not always about what you know, but who you know. My co-workers is what made the job enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unprofessional people in the work environment, un-organization, and lack of training. Really can't specify anything enjoyable about this job.
Pros
lunch vendors, good employee discounts, great medical benefits
Cons
short breaks, favortism, unprofessionalism, misleading.
Challeging yet fun environment. Lots of oppurtinities to gorw
DevOps Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 29, 2016
- Progressive technologies
- fast advancement
- "work-life" balance
- lots of technologies (old and new) to explore and grow for professional gain
Pros
Lunch and learn sessions, free lunch, lots of vacation time, end of year bonus
Cons
Middle Management
It is a very productive plache to work
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 27, 2016
Learned how to deal with conflicts and many opened windows at one time also multi- tasking between the computer and and telephone get challenging but its very thrill seeking
Pros
Great career
Cons
Long hours and work week sometimes
Customer Service Call Center Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 17, 2016
Work consists of answering calls in a timely manner for each client. I must ensure that each need is met. I learn how to effectively solve problems. Management and coworkers are very helpful when it comes to teamwork. The hardest part of the job would be learning the policies for the different clients. The most enjoyable part of being a customer service representative is knowing that I've done my best to ensure the customer's needs have been met.
Layoff too much
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 10, 2016
I've really enjoyed my years at TSYS. However, I've been through four enterprise layoffs so it is stressful. I've invested too many years to be afraid of getting promoted or laid off.
Pros
Flexibility with family, time off, great people, Fun
Cons
Layoff scares
Work at your own risk
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 8, 2016
Bad place to work. They don't accept doctor notes. So when you or your kids sick your screwed. They also do schedule bids. With that being said depending on your adherance you'll get stuck working weekends.When its time for days off this is done by seniority. Someone whose been there longer than you always bids before you and most likely get all of the holidays off.The supervisors are messy and nosey. But at the same time can't help you when your sick or something going on with your family. The only reason they ask about you is to be nosey. Also, the old man security guard will harrass you to the end about a badge. They change company policies, but don't enforce policies throughout all departments. Work at your own risk
Pros
free lunches
Cons
schedule bids, messy management
Most Ethical Workplace
Project Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 29, 2016
Best Corporate America has to offer in employee benefits and upward mobility. I highly recommend TSYS.
Director of Innovation, Global Product Group (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 4, 2016
Plenty of opportunity beyond the main segments of concentration. Global company with great clients. In middle of change process with new CIO and CEO.
Loved working for this company.
Chargeback Specialist I-Total Systems (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 28, 2016
This company was a company of many with smiling faces. I loved working for this company. The other employees often feel like family.
Would not recomend this place
Consumer Relations/Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 25, 2016
underpay employees, would not recommend working here. hard to move up even though you work hard and pass all the requirements. they show favoritism and do not care about the employees
Fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 20, 2016
Fun work place ... good company . Co workers madde work fun, hardest part of job was to work long hours outside of shift , typical work day answer 30-60 calls and provide info ... Enjoyed the free lunches during team appreciation week.
Great and productive place to work
Fraud Analyst I-Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 11, 2016
TSYS is a great place to work. There is a lot of advancement opportunity & you gain lots of knowledge. My co-workers are excellent & management is very helpful. I have gained a lot of skills while working TSYS to help me in my future endeavors
data entry
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAMay 5, 2016
Every day I picked up the phone and took messages. Management was nice and so were the co-workers. It was just too far out for me
best part of work were the talking boothes.
Media Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 1, 2016
A typical day at work is filled with laughter and excitement. not a dull moment ever spent at tsys.
I became the head of my bay which is basically like having your own little section I had to take care of.
Managing can be quite stressful sometimes but I do love to be in charge.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers,
Pros
great benefits, friendly environment
Cons
Barely had time for school
TSYS is about satifying the customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 29, 2016
At TSYS I worked for State Farm call center. I answered incoming calls from members about there payments or any issues they has with there credit cards.
Very productive and fun environment.
Collector 1 (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GA 30253April 28, 2016
I learned a lot about finances, and how to field both inbound and outbound calls. I also learned the ins and outs about credit cards.
Pros
Wonderful food vendors
Cons
Kept changing our work hours
Productive and fun workplace.
CSRI / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 25, 2016
I enjoy my employment with Total Systems due to the livelihood and the many of benefits associated with the workplace. Total Systems is not just a workplace, but it is also a place where you can express yourself. Total Systems provides us the options to voice our opinions on not only workplace fun, but also on job related matters. There is not anything hard about being a customer service representative, but it does have its cons when it comes down to learning new material.
Pros
Free lunches, job awards, plenty of benefits.
Cons
Non-Flexible hours, scheduling, management.
Great Work Experience
Microcomputer Technician I (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 17, 2016
Great Place to Work! I enjoy the interaction with many different people from various cultures and countries. TSYS offers educational opportunities.
Day in the Life of....
Senior Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 31, 2016
Workday can begin any time 6-9, although TSYS leadership leans toward the early crowd (at least one leader was observed watching the parking lot arrivals on a regular basis from their window, later coincidentally calling out said latecomer during a meeting). It is possible this is used when considering ratings/promotional opportunities.
Training is provided to FTEs as indicated during new hire program. From those longer-employed, word was that training can be difficult to acquire approval, but once approval is given, spending those approved dollars on a viable employee do not appear to be an issue.
Co-workers appear friendly, but are generally hard-pressed to share too much information, as though it could weaken their pecking order status. This was observed in nearly every department, by multiple long-term FTEs and newcomers alike.
Hardest part of the job was frequently working with half-information or "reliable party-provided" information, which later turned out to be either slightly skewed or complete misinformation, and feels intentional. No company should encourage or reward info-hoarders, yet the same ones retaining the info are indubitably selected as 'winners' and/or rewarded as such.
Enjoyable part of the job was the somewhat relaxed pace of the workflow, though it isn't something I'd look for in a financial company if I'm the client.
I enjoyed most days, made some permanent lasting work and personal relationships there despite the cloaking device put up by most, but it is unlikely I would seek to return to TSYS, knowing the below-average pay rate and the confirmed-by-management
  more... mantra to keep it that way.  less
Pros
A solid 40-hour work week (a rarity in corp Amer), onsite cafe, free parking/some covered avail$, Arizona location is nice.
Cons
Slightly chaotic leadership, not walking the talk
Excellent place!
Lead Developer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 31, 2016
It's a wonderful workplace, great management team. Great support and respect. Management and co-workers are understanding and co-operative.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TSYS. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval