Tuality Healthcare Employee Reviews

Management poor
Outpatient Medical Coding Specialist (Remote) (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OROctober 9, 2017
Poor management. Many in management have been there a long time and have the mentality of 'we've been doing it this way for a long time' and aren't open to ways of improving work flow.
Pros
flexible
Cons
poor management
Productive and fun place to work
Executive Assistant to Chief Medical Officer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OROctober 3, 2017
I enjoyed my journey at Tuality. I was promoted twice in two years. My managers were very helpful and kind to me. They helped me grow and reach my potential.
There were multiple projects going on and each one was deemed priority
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 21, 2017
The day was pretty scheduled. Many meetings, all needing minutes, followed up by massive emails being sent out regarding that. It was an environment that was high paced, high stress, and one that required careful prioritization of each task. My manager was a 150%er, things had to be completed on time and without question. It was like a big family working together. The hardest part was the constant changing of priorities from moment to moment. My coworkers were great to work with as we all knew and understood the pressure each of us were tasked with. The fun times breaking the tension and laughing to ease the caseloads.
Pros
Due to the amount of our work loads the days went fast
Cons
To high of expectations due to lack of communication
Nice Staff, Not the Most Welcoming
Student intern (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJuly 16, 2017
I interned at the birth center for a month and I enjoyed my time. The staff was nice and helpful, however, it seemed like every time I arrived, no one had anything for me to do so I just sat at the front desk for most of it. A lot of the nurses seemed worn out and frankly, not very warm and inviting.
So very Disappointing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJuly 10, 2017
Tuality Leadership is a disaster. They cannot retain staff or adequately support the staff in place. There is no discipline for upper management.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Embarrassing management
Decent Place to Work
Field Service Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 14, 2017
Working in the IS dept is good. Co-workers are awesome at collaborating and stepping in to help when things get tough. Decent benefits, and lots of paid time off.
I love the people I work with
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 9, 2017
Tuality isn't known for having the newest x-ray equipment or the fancy X-Ray tools but you can't bet the people you work with. Everyone is really nice from the file room people to the director. Staffing is pretty lean but not unmanageable. The lead tech doesn't handle any problems but wants you to fix them yourself. The shifts are good and the pay is okay same as st. v's. A lot of people move on to CT so thats nice if you want to do that. overall I like my job.
Pros
friendly staff, fun place to work
Cons
staffing
Good
OB Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 21, 2017
Enjoy working with company gained allot of work experience while with company also learned different work experiences and working with people as a team
Poor management, no guidance
Room Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 16, 2017
The food service department is complete trash in all areas. Not just saying that because I no longer work there I actually LOVED the job itself but I hated how it was managed. The whole ambiance was terrible. There was no respect, values or direction. I'd never seen so much conflict in a work environment. If you're a hard worker that means NOTHING but if you are LAZY and love drama this is the perfect job.
Cons
High quality patient care, professional environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 7, 2017
If you have the chance to work at Tuality you should take it! I have been here about three months and it's already one of the best jobs I've ever had. There's a positive, respectful culture that starts at management and filters all the way down. Employees treat each other well and provide help when needed. Generous training program and compensation. Up-to-date equipment and extremely high-quality patient care. Come see for yourself!
Pros
Positive, low-drama atmosphere, employee assistance, community discounts
Cons
Fairly extensive co-pays on health insurance
“Do as I say, not as I do” from Administrators / Management
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 5, 2017
Administration places unrealistic expectations on staff without providing added support or resources when there are tight deadlines for something important. Employees are required to set performance goals to attain each year, but due to heavy workloads, some are set up to fail and are not able to meet these goals-especially in nursing.

An OHSU “affiliation” Tuality can’t do anything without OHSU’s approval. To be honest, Tuality wasn’t exactly seeing net gains in recent years, and OHSU wanted to expand their patient base to the Westside. Thus, the perfect partnership.

Chief Executive Officer: This CEO has been at Tuality for over 30 years (but in this capacity since the fall of 2013). His concern is the HCAHPS scores (patient satisfaction surveys, i.e. how staff treat and provide patient care in order to receive higher hospital ratings for reimbursement money from the government). This hospital survey system is one of the ways the hospital uses to gauge whether they will match employee 403b funds each year. An extremely high importance is placed upon raising these public scores, and the CEO expects staff to bend over backwards to go out of their way to treat patients with the utmost respect and care. Yet he will chew-out and belittle administrative support staff (including his own), and yell at other Administrators behind closed-door meetings. Real leading by example stuff.

Chief Clinical Officer: Poor leadership, stiff, cold shoulder. She has given supervisor and management positions to nurses with little to no experience. There is a lack of communication when staff
  more... are reassigned over departments, leaving opportunities for gossip. All-hands email to the organization will be sent out weeks after management changes. Some of the hardest working, most dedicated employees in nursing (not just clinical) are given the heaviest assignments-leading to burnout. Leaves of absence and turnover abound in her direct reports.

Nursing: New graduate RNs get hired, get the two years’ experience they need, and typically move on to other hospitals. Probably because there aren’t many growth opportunities here.

Human Resources: is a revolving door with turnover. The lead recruiter is hard to get ahold of; his voicemail box is always full, unable to take new messages; and good luck with an email response unless you request a ‘read receipt’. It’s always encouraging when you send paperwork to HR and they ‘lose’ it.

Cafeteria: The menu is on a 2-3 week rotation. Mondays are ‘meatless’, Wednesdays are taco salad day, with the rest of the menu that day being bean-heavy. ‘No-fry’ Friday. The food lacks gluten-free options. I must say that the Food and Nutrition staff are phenomenal! Every single one of them are always helpful, and go out of their way to help me and my department with our needs. I was always so appreciative of this department and their Ancillary Administrator! Bravo!

As a patient, I don’t have any complaints. Except the time I was being loaded onto an ambulance at the 7th avenue medical building, getting rained on. The EMT apologized saying they have complained to Tuality that the awning doesn’t reach far enough to protect patients from falling precipitation, but that nothing had been done.

Not everything about Tuality Healthcare is a negative. One good thing about a small company is that you are able to know almost everyone and build relationships, if you want to. However, this can also work against you if you have a negative reputation or stick with the gossip/drama crowd.

There are a lot of wonderful, hard-working people, who try and make it a better place. Some departments have a lot of great things going for them, with great managers and directors; however, nursing is not one of them. Management needs to lead by example, and be held accountable.

Do your research before applying at Tuality Healthcare….an OHSU Partner.
Pros
Community focused
Cons
lack of recognition, low morale, high employee turnover, no room for growth, poor management
I love working here!
Materials Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 1, 2017
Working here was no easy task. Tuality is a small community hospital that at times gets slammed with patients but doesnt always have adequate staffing. It's all about team work there and keeping in mind that we are all in the same boat.
growing company
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 28, 2017
I enjoyed the community hospital feel, that it wasn't too large to be forgotten. The good is you really did have that sense of community and you got to know people and patients pretty well.
Pros
small
Cons
not too much room for growth
Teamwork!
RESPIRATORY STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 29, 2016
The staff at Tuality Hospital are so awesome. There is not a lot of RT's that so when the day get busy, there is a lot of teamwork involved. The team are so super smart and i would like to visit them again.
7-year satisified employee
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORDecember 13, 2016
Very community driven and patient care focused. Staff is passionate about their contributions and serving needs. Smaller size hospital where you can see your individual impact and have your voice heard. I personally have felt empowered in my tenure to be able to make a difference here! Colleagues and I are energized about Tuality's recent clinical affiliation with OHSU.
Pros
Ability to feel empowered about making a difference, community and patient centered care, OHSU clinical affiliation, employees care about making a difference for the patients in our community.
Cons
At times staffing levels have felt lean, but that also seems to be the trend in healthcare.
High Turnover Rate
Certified Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 26, 2016
Surgery scheduling is poorly thought of, while the staff have to suffer because of the high employee turn over rate because of not wanting to comply with the demand of surgeries. Long hours and poor management of scheduling has caused a lot of people to want to leave as well as professionalism in the service we provide.
don't work there, and don't be a patient there!
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 14, 2016
worked there for nearly 10 years, had glowing yearly evaluations, but seldom got a raise. Saw a number of cases where patients were mistreated.

The quality of care fluctuated, depending on which shift you worked. Xray department was dirty and items (table, chest board) seldom cleaned between patients. Techs slovenly and slow.

Nursing staff on floors seemed overworked and despondent. ER staff generally good, but also seemed overworked.

Administration concerned only with money — not with people (patients nor employees).

I kept hoping for change. It never happened. Finally left for another company.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
work is dumped on the ones who *do* work, slovenly employees, no breaks, no concern by supervisors and administration
Worst hospital in the area. Poor management!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  HospitalSeptember 28, 2016
Get out now... you won't regret it. Poor management! Managers don't listen, policies are interpreted to benefit of employer. Employees are not valued. The human resources department is a joke. All of the good nurses have left. Always, always putting more on nurses plate, never giving enough time or taking patient acuity into account. Always short staffed. No good back up plan for on call nurses. I've worked many shifts with unsafe staffing. I would not want my family members to get Care here. This hospital would rather save money than sraff appropriately.
Pros
Location, free parking
Cons
Too many to list. See above reviews.
Love my job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  AdministrationSeptember 23, 2016
I am a current employee and enjoy my job. It is a busy, fast paced environment. I feel very supported and enjoy my work environment. Tuality is definitely evolving and growing. There are some growing pains but it is definitely a great place to work.
Pros
Nice coworkers, great pay and benefits
Cons
Heavy workload
Some staff worked really hard; patients were interesting
CNA II (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORAugust 2, 2016
Some staff worked really hard; patients were interesting; nice to help people feel better; some quality could have been improved

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tuality Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9