Tuality Healthcare

Tuality Healthcare Employee Reviews

Weed out the good workers, keep the slackers
Nursing support (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORMay 8, 2015
Pros: Location
Cons: missed breaks, management, lazy co-workers, nobody to go to if a problem arises
-management is a joke. If you consider going to meetings all day being a manager then this place would be ideal.
-concerns brought to direct manager ignored
-constantly being lied to by manager
-unsafe staffing
-"it's not my job" is the culture of Tuality
-uneducated and untrained staff including charge nurses
-directors of departments have no idea what their employees job function is
-lazy people get ignored and ride along day to day, those that work hard and do their job right get targeted of they speak up
-some CEO level staff do not like the opposite gender and treat them poorly
-horrible communication throughout the system
-I'm not sure if there are policies. My manager spends a lot of her time working on them yet when an issue arises there isn't a policy
-no opportunity for growth
-they waste money on consultants that come in and don't fix anything
-you will not be paid for attending off site continuing education and have to request the day off to be able to attend. But, if you are a manager or in the quality department then you will fly all over for lavish conferences.
-the good staff always leave

If you like working in an understaffed environment where staff will not be hired to save money, if you like quality care and customer service, support from management, continuing education and a happy workplace I would suggest to work elsewhere.

If you like to do as little as possible at your job daily, blame others and believe in the motto "it's not my job" then this place is for you!!!
Medical Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Forest Grove, ORMarch 4, 2015
Pros: i enjoy working with the patients and their families as well as my dr.s
Cons: company lacks in the communiation department
A typical day is high call volume, transferring calls to appropriate staff when needed, otherwise I assist with the majority of the calls. I set appointments, mark appointments as no shows or cancelled when necessary. I work with external vendors to order supplies for my office and staff. I type dictated correspondence that the doctors have dictates. I have transcribed dictated medical chart notes that the physicians have dictated. I have learned administrative skills due to my office having a manager offsite. I am responsible as the acting lead in my office. The hardest part of my job is closing clinic and opening clinic new physicians. Making sure that all information is coordinated correctly and passed on to other staff. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with such wonderful patients/families and physicians.
arrogant providers
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORNovember 3, 2014
Pros: i dont work there
Cons: unorganized staff
lack of organization, to much slack given to minority employees.
Management needed to be more present and lead by example
Medical Receptionist/Assistant (Former Employee), Hillsboro, OROctober 7, 2014
Tuality healthcare management needed to be more present and lead by example.
Productive and very busy atmosphere
Health Outreach Educator II (Former Employee), Hilldboro, ORJune 24, 2014
Pros: everything was good.
During the summer we had wellness clinics and we would go out to the vineyards and have prevention clinics like cholesterol and blood sugar testing. I learned a lot on this job and obtained my bachelors because of the support I had from my manager. I enjoyed every single day I worked for Tuality.
Scary facilities, incompetent management, high employee turnover
Staff (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: none.
Cons: missed meals and breaks, minimal personnel that can actually do something and are available to accomplish all tasks
Draconian workplace that still lives in and looks like it's from the 1970s.

Departmental policies that are not followed unless they are interpreted by management to their advantage. HR policies edited at will to cover themselves.

Way too many do-nothing, management level employees, that will sit around and eat off of silver platters. Subsequently, they say they have no money to improve safety and morale.

A lot of dangling carrots that are never delivered. Way too many "other duties as assigned". Missed meals and breaks. Patient reviews show that it is a struggling entity with an uncertain future - beware.
Loved working at Hillsboro Hematology and Oncology
Health Plan Coordinator/Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORDecember 2, 2013
Pros: tuality healthcare always had a contest or activity happening
Cons: hard to get coffee breaks sometimes
This was a busy clinic which I learned a great deal about Hematology and Oncology when I worked there. The management respects their employees. The most I missed about working at Hillsboro Hematology and Oncology is my co-workers.
varied duties
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORJuly 14, 2013
Pros: interesting
Cons: not enough hours in day
Assist the Director of Human Resources (HR) in day to day operations
Provide technical and administrative support to Employment Coordinator and HR Specialists
Administer the video badge program and train personnel on the system
Develop procedure manual for video badge program, suggestion program, etc.
Administer mortgage and employment verification
Revise filing system and the security procedures for HR building
Recommended and implemented space utilization changes
Coordinate wellness column for employee newsletter
Customer service, sort mail, answers phones, organize and maintain supplies
Maintain the suggestion program and provide assistance on the program
Assist the Employment Coordinator and Specialists as needed
Maintain computer logs, such as parking permits, applications, licenses, etc.
Provide assistance and training on the video badge program
Maintain the suggestion program and provide assistance on the program
Develop procedure manual as required, i.e., video badge and suggestion program
Customer service, sort mail, answer phones, organize and stock supplies
Was a good place to work. But now I have realized that money is more important than their employees.
Spanish Lactation Consultant (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORJune 27, 2013
In order to obtain better positions and grow in this company you have to have at least 4yrs of college other wise you are expendable.
Several nice co-workers
Technician (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORDecember 13, 2012
Pros: a few pleasant co-workers
Cons: everything else
Do not work here unless you don't mind being underpaid, underappreciated, overworked, mistreated & verbally/psychologically abused. There is a constant revolving door of employees, management is horrible & HR dept does nothing to help you. The patient billing dept will leave you permanently in collections & I wouldn't trust my life in the ER dept. All I can say is thankfully there is a different hospital opening up locally soon.
Proceed With Caution
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORMay 31, 2012
Pros: a few nice people, new pulmonologist
Cons: old pulmonologists, unchanging, see review
If you like exposure to profanity, gossip and unethical behavior, this is your place. However, if you are looking for an environment that is progressive, healthy and fulfilling, I encourage you to look elsewhere.