Tuality Healthcare Employee Reviews

don't work there, and don't be a patient there!
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 14, 2016
worked there for nearly 10 years, had glowing yearly evaluations, but seldom got a raise. Saw a number of cases where patients were mistreated.

The quality of care fluctuated, depending on which shift you worked. Xray department was dirty and items (table, chest board) seldom cleaned between patients. Techs slovenly and slow.

Nursing staff on floors seemed overworked and despondent. ER staff generally good, but also seemed overworked.

Administration concerned only with money — not with people (patients nor employees).

I kept hoping for change. It never happened. Finally left for another company.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
work is dumped on the ones who *do* work, slovenly employees, no breaks, no concern by supervisors and administration
High Turnover Rate
Certified Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 26, 2016
Surgery scheduling is poorly thought of, while the staff have to suffer because of the high employee turn over rate because of not wanting to comply with the demand of surgeries. Long hours and poor management of scheduling has caused a lot of people to want to leave as well as professionalism in the service we provide.
Worst hospital in the area. Poor management!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  HospitalSeptember 28, 2016
Get out now... you won't regret it. Poor management! Managers don't listen, policies are interpreted to benefit of employer. Employees are not valued. The human resources department is a joke. All of the good nurses have left. Always, always putting more on nurses plate, never giving enough time or taking patient acuity into account. Always short staffed. No good back up plan for on call nurses. I've worked many shifts with unsafe staffing. I would not want my family members to get Care here. This hospital would rather save money than sraff appropriately.
Pros
Location, free parking
Cons
Too many to list. See above reviews.
7-year satisified employee
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORDecember 13, 2016
Very community driven and patient care focused. Staff is passionate about their contributions and serving needs. Smaller size hospital where you can see your individual impact and have your voice heard. I personally have felt empowered in my tenure to be able to make a difference here! Colleagues and I are energized about Tuality's recent clinical affiliation with OHSU.
Pros
Ability to feel empowered about making a difference, community and patient centered care, OHSU clinical affiliation, employees care about making a difference for the patients in our community.
Cons
At times staffing levels have felt lean, but that also seems to be the trend in healthcare.
Love my job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  AdministrationSeptember 23, 2016
I am a current employee and enjoy my job. It is a busy, fast paced environment. I feel very supported and enjoy my work environment. Tuality is definitely evolving and growing. There are some growing pains but it is definitely a great place to work.
Pros
Nice coworkers, great pay and benefits
Cons
Heavy workload
The worst hospital I've worked for.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 21, 2015
I really wanted to like Tuality, but it turned out to be the worst hospital I've worked for in my career (11 years at hospitals). They are very nepotistic - my department manager only hired relatives of employees. When any suggestions were made about how to improve efficiency or the way anything is done, the answer was, "But this is the way we've always done it." Famous last words of institutions that have gone under.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Management, nepotism, small-mindedness.
Some staff worked really hard; patients were interesting
CNA II (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORAugust 2, 2016
Some staff worked really hard; patients were interesting; nice to help people feel better; some quality could have been improved
Not the worst place to work, but definitely not the best.
RN (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 15, 2013
There has been a lot of turmoil due to short staff. Upper management doesn't appear to respect it's nursing staff. The chief clinical nursing officer doesn't take the time to even acknowledge its nurses even when standing right next to them. Nursing staff itself is wonderful, the physicians really care and for the most part are easy to work with. The pay is lower than the portland metro area. The health insurance is ok; you must see tuality or ohsu doctors. 401K is rarely matched because it is based on the profits for the hospital.
Poor Unit Management
Critical Care Unit, Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 5, 2016
No employee engagement on a unit level, poor orientation. CEO is amazing, nursing director is chilly and cold and treats people like dirt.
Weed out the good workers, keep the slackers
Nursing support (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 8, 2015
-management is a joke. If you consider going to meetings all day being a manager then this place would be ideal.
-concerns brought to direct manager ignored
-constantly being lied to by manager
-unsafe staffing
-"it's not my job" is the culture of Tuality
-uneducated and untrained staff including charge nurses
-directors of departments have no idea what their employees job function is
-lazy people get ignored and ride along day to day, those that work hard and do their job right get targeted of they speak up
-some CEO level staff do not like the opposite gender and treat them poorly
-horrible communication throughout the system
-I'm not sure if there are policies. My manager spends a lot of her time working on them yet when an issue arises there isn't a policy
-no opportunity for growth
-they waste money on consultants that come in and don't fix anything
-you will not be paid for attending off site continuing education and have to request the day off to be able to attend. But, if you are a manager or in the quality department then you will fly all over for lavish conferences.
-the good staff always leave

If you like working in an understaffed environment where staff will not be hired to save money, if you like quality care and customer service, support from management, continuing education and a happy workplace I would suggest to work elsewhere.

If you like to do as little as possible at your job daily, blame others and believe in the motto "it's not my job" then this place is for you!!!
Pros
Cons
missed breaks, management, lazy co-workers, nobody to go to if a problem arises
Scary facilities, incompetent management, high employee turnover
Staff (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 7, 2014
Draconian workplace that still lives in and looks like it's from the 1970s.

Departmental policies that are not followed unless they are interpreted by management to their advantage. HR policies edited at will to cover themselves.

Way too many do-nothing, management level employees, that will sit around and eat off of silver platters. Subsequently, they say they have no money to improve safety and morale.

A lot of dangling carrots that are never delivered. Way too many "other duties as assigned". Missed meals and breaks. Patient reviews show that it is a struggling entity with an uncertain future - beware.
Pros
None.
Cons
Missed meals and breaks, minimal personnel that can actually do something and are available to accomplish all tasks
Productive and fun work place
ER Admitting/Insurance Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OregonSeptember 30, 2014
ER- checked patients in and checked them out.
Authorization Verification Specialist, worked daily spreadsheets with patient information, verified insurance, faxed authorization to ins companies for inpt status. I learned how to do this position with confidence. Management was very good, the communication was great. I loved working with my staff/co-workers, the hardest part was all the detail, time sensitive info that needed worked. most enjoyable was showing up and It was very productive all day, days went by fast.
Pros
monthly potlucks
Cons
long drive
Nice place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 3, 2013
A typical day at Tuality Community Hospital OB/GYN Office can be full of surprises. Of course you have a schedule of patients to see, and then you also have patients that will call with urgent problems and issues, this is common at most doctor's offices. The hardest part of the job is having to tell a woman she has just miscarried the baby she had been trying so hard to get pregnant with. The revers of the worst is the best, and the best part of the job is being able to see the beautiful babies after taking care of the women during their pregnancy.
Pros
Free lunches, Interacting with the patients, Etc.
Cons
Management, Rude doctors.
Several nice co-workers
Technician (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORDecember 13, 2012
Do not work here unless you don't mind being underpaid, underappreciated, overworked, mistreated & verbally/psychologically abused. There is a constant revolving door of employees, management is horrible & HR dept does nothing to help you. The patient billing dept will leave you permanently in collections & I wouldn't trust my life in the ER dept. All I can say is thankfully there is a different hospital opening up locally soon.
Pros
a few pleasant co-workers
Cons
everything else
Loved working at Hillsboro Hematology and Oncology
Health Plan Coordinator/Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORDecember 2, 2013
This was a busy clinic which I learned a great deal about Hematology and Oncology when I worked there. The management respects their employees. The most I missed about working at Hillsboro Hematology and Oncology is my co-workers.
Pros
Tuality Healthcare always had a contest or activity happening
Cons
Hard to get coffee breaks sometimes
Management needed to be more present and lead by example
Medical Receptionist/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OROctober 7, 2014
Tuality healthcare management needed to be more present and lead by example.
Community minded
Surgical Technologist & Sterile Processing Tech (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJuly 27, 2015
Work on a daily basis with the patients and the community to make they are being taken care and put at the forefront of the care system. Offer both employees and the community the opportunity to updated about their healthcare system.
good
pharmacy tech (Former Employee) –  Portland ,OrJune 9, 2015
Fills medication orders accurately
Retrieves and delivers medication in a timely fashion
Maintains adequate stock levels in the pharmacy and does not over-stock
Prepares/ checks Urgent Use Stock orders for patient care areas accurately and does not over-stock.
Reviews medication areas for expired drugs in a timely fashion.
varied duties
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJuly 14, 2013
Assist the Director of Human Resources (HR) in day to day operations
Provide technical and administrative support to Employment Coordinator and HR Specialists
Administer the video badge program and train personnel on the system
Develop procedure manual for video badge program, suggestion program, etc.
Administer mortgage and employment verification
Revise filing system and the security procedures for HR building
Recommended and implemented space utilization changes
Coordinate wellness column for employee newsletter
Customer service, sort mail, answers phones, organize and maintain supplies
Maintain the suggestion program and provide assistance on the program
Assist the Employment Coordinator and Specialists as needed
Maintain computer logs, such as parking permits, applications, licenses, etc.
Provide assistance and training on the video badge program
Maintain the suggestion program and provide assistance on the program
Develop procedure manual as required, i.e., video badge and suggestion program
Customer service, sort mail, answer phones, organize and stock supplies
Pros
interesting
Cons
not enough hours in day
Great hospital to work for as an Accredited Record Technician and as a medical transcriptionist.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 18, 2015
Tuality Community Hospital is a wonderful place to work.

My first job there was as an Accredited Record Technician (ART) for Tuality Home Health. A typical day was hectic with many interruptions, multitasking and prioritizing. I managed the medical records for home health. This included preparing treatment plans, processing physician orders, reviewing charts for complete documentation and timeliness of getting orders signed. There was daily communication between myself and the professional staff (RN, OT, PT, Speech) regarding documentation issues.

I managed the quality assurance program. This included holding monthly meetings, recording minutes, identifying problem areas that needed improvement or working on ways to improve patient care and delivery of services.

I learned time management skills, communicating with professionals regarding correcting documentation, improvement in documentation, etc., and managing the home health record, which is completely different than an acute care hospital record.

The team at Tuality Home Health was wonderful and a great group of people. We never had problems with personality conflicts.

The most difficult part of the job was long work hours and very very busy days.

The most enjoyable part was working with a wonderful group of people.

My second job at Tuality was as a medical transcriptionist. I enjoyed the transcribing very much, learned a lot about how different types of reports are done and improved my medical terminology. This job was very enjoyable and I really enjoyed being able to go home on time
  more... and not have to worry about forgetting to do something that could effect patient care.

I left the employment of Tuality when I enrolled in nursing school at Chemeketa Community College in Salem, Oregon.
Pros
Great hospital system to work for.
Cons
Can think of nothing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tuality Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6