Tube City IMS Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work for!
Weighmaster (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 2, 2017
Managers are awful! Hours your required to work are insane. Manager made lie to steel mill almost on a daily basis. Worst place I've ever worked for. I wouldn't recommend to anyone.
Cons
Reliable job, steady pay-check, decent benefits, laid back employees
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Jewett, TXOctober 25, 2016
Overall, it wasn't a bad company to work for. There was some drama in the management at times, but nonetheless, it was tolerable. The pay was pretty decent, and the benefits weren't bad either. You always had help when you needed it, and there were always an opportunity to work overtime. Very strict on safety and company policies.
Pros
Supplied PPE, water, washed uniforms, decent pay, decent benefits, laid back employees
Cons
Sometimes excessive on the rules, my particular position dealt with rainouts, not the nicest of equipment
Management is a joke
worker (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHSeptember 9, 2016
Management here wants you to do the work of two men in half the time it should take 4 men. Under staffed so you will be FORCED to work doubles very often. Management also plays one union against the other in order to keep all unions weak.
you must always be ready for anything
Slab Dispatcher/Foreman (Current Employee) –  Gary, INSeptember 7, 2016
As my summary states, my job is not your regular place of employment. every day there are new problems to confront, whether they be machinery braking down, or employees having personal issues.
I have worked for my company a total of 16 years. In those years I have learned to manage people in ways to optimize their performance during a shift, and have learned to multitask.
The hardest part of my job would have to be dealing with four different departments at one time. Making sure all are satisfied at the end of the day. What I like about my job is that it's fast paced. I always have to be "on my toes" so to speak.
An OK place to work.
Welder/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  AlabamaAugust 19, 2016
This is an OK place to work if you don't mind the foreman having too much power. However, the work environment was friendly and everyone was on the same page all the time. Despite the heat and humidity everyone was usually in a good mood. There was no shortage of work and the bosses let me work almost what ever days I wanted and how ever much over time I wanted. Overall, a good place to work in my opinion.
Pros
good sized brakes
Cons
A lot of people with too much power.
Terrible
Burner (Former Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAApril 23, 2016
I worked for this company for 3 years. Constantly laid off Management was run by sub human scum. You work with materials that cause cancer. You're forced into a union that is a joke. Save your health and time and bypass this company.
Horrible place to work
Lube Tech (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 23, 2016
This is a horrible place to work. The management always talk do to the employees. The management only promoted the employees they liked or sucked up to them the most. If you like working swing shift then you might like it. The pay was okay but you get raises that amount to anything when the management thinks you've sucked enough.
Review of Tube City
Manager - Internal Audit (Current Employee) –  Glassport, PAFebruary 9, 2016
This company has an excellent and talented management team that allows all to grow. Working in the Internal Audit Department, one finds that no two days are ever alike.
job
PLANT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNDecember 16, 2015
its a job and will def pays the bills. co-workers are great people to work with and easy to get along with also. lots of work
Tiring
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Calvert, ALDecember 13, 2015
Overall my experience at Tube City wasnt the best. Nothing was ever constant and the management had no idea how to operate a plant.

Want to know more about Tube City IMS?

Ask a question
Not a company that sees its true value in its employees/ lower management
Site Safety Manager / Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYOctober 26, 2015
As far as overall corporate structure. I have never been a part of a company who's upper corporate management is so completely disconnected from its sites throughout. It is a very frustrating company to work for because the overall training one receives even as an incoming manager is poor and sets them up to fail. You are also given no sick or personal time in regards to family emergencies or personal issues. I would not join this company again if I was to do it over again. The only positive I have gained from this, is the knowledge and experience in managing a team of employees in a higher risk environment as it pertains to safety.
Pros
Ability to improve the working and safety quality for the employees I manage
Cons
Poor employer when it comes to family concerns. To fast to let go of good operators.
this is a very hard working inviornment and unclean
Heavey Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 21, 2015
start work at 7:00 am . I take look at all of the equipment to see what is broke from the day beforand start the repair prosess to make the equipment work for the day .
horrible management
laborer (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHApril 4, 2015
Horrible management. It is good pay and benefits. Upper management is horrible. I'm currently looking for another job.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
management
nice group of co-workers
MANAGER TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAMarch 15, 2015
For the most part, a typical day of work was enjoyable. I got along well with our union and employees and most of the management.
The hardest part of the job was never knowing when you were going to get the visit from the operations manager to lay you off. No job security there anymore.
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
poor upper management
No family time
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Calvert, ALMarch 5, 2015
A lot of hours just no family time. This company does not promote from within instead they move workers from home office to site and promote them. Severe micro management no designated time for lunch or break was made to eat on the move. Double standard for safety when it concerns workers wearing PPE and management
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
No time aloted for lunch had to eat when we could
Water Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 6, 2015
Wonderful place to work, but they do not offer any advancement in job.
Pros
Paid LUNCH
Cons
Managment
production
Front End Loader (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 9, 2014
I enjoy work for this company and I like what I do based on my job description. It is very high maintenance and very dangerous, so when you come to work, come focus and ready to work.
Pros
Sponsoring others.
Cons
Short breaks and health care.
It was a nice place to work.
Heavy Equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 21, 2014
I wrote a previous review on this company
I will not right another one.
You are EXPENDABLE!!!
Former Manager / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calvert, ALAugust 23, 2014
Upper management will hold you accountable for bad decisions made by themselves. You're ability to be promoted is based on who you know in the company and not your performance or experience. When decisions made by upper management turn sour multiple heads will roll. This place goes thru supervision like none I've seen.
If your a yes man.....you will go far.
GOOD LUCK!
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
MULTIPLE
Horrible company
Payroll (Former Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 19, 2014
Worst company to work for when they can't find something to let you go on the manufacture false information. They only want girls who work the corner in Gary if you turn 62 they don't have a problem to get rid of you. The working conditions are horrible the people are low class including the vp, office manager and general manager they lie and try to ruin you life by saying you stole someone id. Not true I have two ss numbers given to me by SS adminstration. They send US Steel to do their dirty work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tube City IMS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6