TUCSON ELECTRIC POWER

TUCSON ELECTRIC POWER Employer Reviews

A well paying job with good benefits, not necessarily a physically challenging job but one with long hours and some unjustified pressure.
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: great company functions as well as the union activities, making some lifelong friends and lovers at times
Cons: vindictive, power mongering supervisors who justify their position, by bullying and creating wasteful and asinine projects and policies that do more harm than good.
There was always some levity, constant joking around with some mean humor thrown in before we got in our trucks and started our daily routes. It was fun, good for morale and broke up the drudgery.

Depending on the work load and which part of town, or the surrounding area we serviced. It was commonplace to make service stops at 30 to a 100 addresses – more... a day. Most of the time, unless it was for credit reasons, the businesses, the houses and the apartments were vacant. It was either the customer had moved out or not moved in. There was hardly any human contact, unless we had to collect delinquent payments or disconnect a customer that had not made a timely payment. If there was human interaction it was negative or confrontational.

There was a lot overtime and despite the compensation for working it. It became exhausting. The hardest part is the anxiousness that comes not knowing when your shift will be over. I spent many late nights and early mornings doing service orders.

The best part of the job was the money I made. It was adequate enough to buy a house, several cars, furniture, clothes and the ability to take extensive vacations to different parts of the country and three excursions to Europe. It contributed to my self esteem and sense of accomplishment. – less
Great, fun place to work
Financial Accounting Intern (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 28, 2013
• Summer internship performing various tasks in the Financial Accounting department
• Ran daily financial reports using the Oracle accounting system
• Prepared month-end and quarter-end sales reports for TEP and UniSource Energy
• Checked the work on closing journal entries associated with month/quarter-end reports
• Helped with preparing the 10-K and – more... 10-Q – less
Very productive busy workplace, celebrates accomplishments.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 30, 2013
Pros: celebrations, themed decorations/games.
Cons: the morale issues as customers don't call a utility to thank them for service.
A typical day would be handling escalated calls, coaching supervisors and service representatives, sometimes intervening in union issues.

Ensuring the we were providing the best phone coverage for live answer and virtual hold.

Hardest part of the job is releasing staff. The other challenge is how to maintain high morale and make the jobs in the call – more... center fun and reinforcing the value the staff adds to the company.

I learned electric utilities have so much in common yet their processes even those with the Corporation Commission varied enormously.

I learned how to work with union issues versus non union issues. – less
A solid place to work, everyone is tuned into meeting the needs of customers as well as all regulatory requirements and doing their best daily
Asset Management Assistant (Current Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: people need power and tep will not be going away, tep participates in many community events, high visibility for ocal power company, tep working with new technologies, educating the communityon technologies, tep tries to give employees a positive work environment
Cons: long time employees don't exude enthusiasm, the daily atmosphere is drab, leadership is not very dynamic, expectations of goals not detailed
Hard working people in most positions. This review is supposed to be more encompassing. The company is good place to work if you are lucky to be a regular TEP FTE, but as a contractor you are left out of meetings and your input is limited.