Purpose and Scope:
The Information Assurance Engineer will support a large complex family of information technology systems on classified networks. Requires a candidate with the ability to obtain the required security clearance and prior information assurance experience. Focused on securing the environment through the implementation of Federally mandated Policies and Regulations, Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), operations of the firewall, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), Intrusion Detection System / Intrusion Prevention System (IDS/IPS), and other security devices/software.
- Acts as the technology lead for designing the application, server and / or network security requirements IAW contractual requirements.
- Performs engineering studies involving equipment, applications, or theoretical analyses.
- Under direction, installs, configures and operates servers and software in highly complex, classified network environments.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues related to network IA controls that adversely impact the operations of application and /or server software.
- Provides guidance and interpretation of contractual IA requirements to Program Management.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related Engineering or Science discipline from an accredited college or university, or 5 years directly related experience.
- Current Security+ Certificate. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or higher, Certificate preferred.
- Current Computing Environment (CE) Certification in one or more Operating Systems.
Position will require frequent standing or mobility from place to place including between floors. Employee must be able to access files, supplies and equipment; sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; consistently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds; talk, see and hear. Position may require employee to travel to client sites as necessary.
- Work is performed in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful, professional office environment with noise levels ranging from moderate to loud. Position requires employee to effectively use a computer at a workstation for long periods of time and to accommodate frequent interruptions. Employee may need to move from one work location to another occasionally. The position may include varying levels of public contact and requires appropriate business apparel.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
- Tucson Embedded Systems will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Job functions are subject to modification.