Essential Responsibilities & Functions:
- monitor networks to identify faults and correct misconfigurations
- install, maintain, and troubleshoot networking hardware
- network configuration to include VLANs
- identify growth requirements before they are realized
- work closely with system architects to identify network requirements as new systems are introduced
- work as a member of a diverse team
- prepare and updating network diagrams to include changes to the networks
- Windows and Linux networking fundamentals
- Must have an understanding of switches, routers, cables, TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS
- Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Education & Experience:
- Cisco CCENT certification or higher is a plus but similarly documented work experience is acceptable.
- CompTIA Security+ certification is a requirement for IAT Lvl II access (must have).
- Has good written and verbal command of the English language
- Effectively communicates in a courteous, professional and tactful manner by e-mail, telephone and in person with co-workers, management, clients and others
- Responds well to questions in a timely manner
- Demonstrates good listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, such as working well with others and motivating people
- Uses clear, succinct and informative communications (verbal and written) with co-workers, management, clients and others in favorable or unfavorable situations
- Writes clear and concise business correspondence
- Presents clearly, credibly and confidently
Position will require frequent standing or mobility from place to place including between floors. Employee must be able to access files, supplies and equipment; sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; consistently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; talk, see and hear. Position may require employee to travel to client sites as necessary.
Work is performed in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful, professional office environment with noise levels ranging from moderate to loud. Position requires employee to effectively use a computer at a workstation for long periods of time and to accommodate frequent interruptions. Employee may need to move from one work location to another occasionally. The position may include varying levels of public contact and requires appropriate business apparel.
Tucson Embedded Systems business hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. The standard work hours at the client site may vary depending on contractual agreement and business needs. Additional hours are required during peak times, which may require an adjusted work schedule, overtime, and evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines. Everyone should consistently report to work as scheduled prepared to perform the duties of their position.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
Tucson Embedded Systems will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Job functions are subject to modification.
Indeed - 14 months ago