Tucson Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good
RN, Travel Nurse on Neurology unit (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 11, 2017
I worked here as a travel nurse. The staff was welcoming and the orientation was great. The charting system was fast and easy to learn. Only draw back the cafeteria was far away from the unit.
needs some more role definition
ONCOLOGY NURSE NAVIGATOR (Former Employee) –  At TMCJuly 1, 2017
Great place to work overall. Wonderful benefits. New roles are not well defined. Computer system is not easily adaptable to new roles. Took months to try and set up an adequate system and then it still didn't happen.
Pros
great benefits, friendly people
Cons
unclear definition in new roles
Medical Records Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 26, 2017
Exciting productive work environment. You learn so much about how the hospital takes care of their patients. The management was always helpful in the learning process.
Pros
fun
Security officer
Former security officer (Former Employee) –  TmcJune 24, 2017
Great people to work around, however the lack of training that most have and receive is horrible. Could be a great department however, you would need someone in charge that knows security or law enforcement not transportation.
They hire just about anyone
Pros
People
Cons
Clown head of security
youcould see the mountian out the window
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 21, 2017
the work was a lot of general some ent the people were really nice work helping when they could doctor were pleasant to work with and that just make for a nice day
Pros
you can see the mountaits from the window
Cons
it was really hot
The Teamwork Is Amazing!
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Med/Surg TeleJune 16, 2017
One thing that stands out with TMC is the culture of team work. Even if you are having a rough day, we are in it together and we will help each other out. I love my coworkers!
Pros
Many opportunities to advance
Cons
hard to balance work & life
Family feel
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 14, 2017
Working in a variety of departments across the hospital helped get a good feel for the work atmosphere. I enjoyed seeing my patients go home because they were so happy.
very team oriented
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 14, 2017
Tucson Medical Center was a great place to work. Everyone there was very team oriented, and very easy going. The patients and the staff made working there enjoyable.
Must love what you do.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 11, 2017
Originally i wanted to be a nurse. Got hired into the housekeeping department and was good pay. After working in the intensive care unit i realized i was not in the appropriate field and left. Must really love what you do to continue working in the hospital setting.
Brief but demanding volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 3, 2017
Assisted with the construction and assembly of the new wing of The Tucson Medial Center. Help coordinate the effort of 50+ volunteers. The task took a little more than 48 hours with a little over 10 hours of planning and coordination.
Pros
Worked with great people and institution
Cons
n/a
great place
Full time/per diem (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 30, 2017
Tucson Medical Center is the best place in Tucson to work. Friendly employees, happy employees. Great care to their patients and teamwork between providers and nurses. makes all the difference.
Pros
Tmc
Cons
Not in Phoenix
Fair place to work
Travel Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 29, 2017
Fair experience. They are currently hiring. They are short staffed. There is a lot of work plenty of hours as well as overtime. There is just poor communication between the SPD dept. and OR which is very hard on employees
The best coworkers I have ever had...with little else
Former Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 28, 2017
I know it might be hard to believe, but TMC was actually great to work at. Not great to work for, but great to work AT. The main reason was the staff. TMC has great staff! I don't know how they do it, but they always manage to find and hire great people that are caring and kind. If you are looking for a place with people you might one day call family, than this is it.

However, working here is sometimes difficult and can cause people to burn out. A number of staff have found it difficult to stay because the pay is just alright with little to no raises. The units are often understaffed (making EVERYTHING more difficult) and you can forget about getting any kind of break. Also, and though I understand the position they are in, I must say this, the management can be a real hassle. Their rate of turn over is often higher than that of the nursing staff and once the become management they seem to forget what it was like to work on the floor.

Saying all of this, I realize I may turn people off from the job, but I still loved working there. It's hard work, but most hospitals are very hard work. Personally, for me, I would rather have somewhat more difficult work and know that the people I am in the trenches with can be trusted. No staff is more trust worthy than TMC's and for me that goes a long way. This staff will have your back, whether you have an unruly pt you just can't control or there's a code blue and you just realized it's your room. No matter what kind of chaos a shift might bring, I have always found that the people there with me have made all the difference.
Pros
Lots of free pizza and AMMAZZZING Staff
Cons
No breaks, almost no raises, and frequently understaffed
Small hospital culture in a big hospital setting
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 20, 2017
In short, TMC is a great hospital to work in. The atmosphere is friendly, management is helpful to their employees, and the staff is extremely professional.
Productive and and friendly work enviroment
HIM Tech III (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 15, 2017
Good place to work. They management is willing to let you have ideas and place them into action if they felt your work environment could improve. They only issue that is hard to get around is if you do not have PTO you can not ask for time off until you have that PTO amount on record.
Pros
Easy to work with your schedule
Cons
Time off is hard to get
enjoy helping get others
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 12, 2017
I love my work and helping people. Very fast paced environment . The only problem I really have is lack of communication between staff members. I've been there going on 12 years, but I'm getting older and it's getting good harder time for a change.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short staffed. too many patients for one person which interferes with the quality of care.
Professional work environment,Friendly staff
Receptionist Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 10, 2017
TMC is an amazing place to work the staff and management are very helpful and willing to help you grow through the company its an amazing job if you enjoy helping people.
was a very productive and fun place to work
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 9, 2017
Very busy
How to work with all kind of people and learned great customer service
All different cultures
Was losing the people you meet
Helping the people
Pros
was the the vaction hour we got weekly
Cons
managment
Tmc
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 9, 2017
I liked working at TMC. My manager was fair and understanding. My co workers were great as well. I enjoyed the hours and people that worked there. I would give TMC another look.
I loved my co-workers
Polysomnography Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 4, 2017
Working would include meeting and greeting patients along with patient education. Management was very supportive. The workplace was a fun creative learning environment. The hardest part of the job was challenging patients. But, the most enjoyable part was being able to finish the job successfully.
Pros
meeting fun patients
Cons
having to go home when we had low census

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tucson Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Tucson Medical Center Reviews by Location