Tucson Medical Center

Tucson Medical Center Employee Reviews

learning complex neurological traumas/disorders
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 10, 2015
Pros: exceptional learning experience
Cons: patients who are unable to communicate with you
I started out at Tucson Medical Center as a new graduate nurse. The patient population on our unit consisted of neuro/ortho patients. We also had an intense observation unit on our floor, consisting of 2 nurses and 4 high acuity patients, who required eyes on them at all times. A typical day would begin with getting assignment, receiving report from the off going shift, and building a nursing care plan based on vital signs, assessments and the immediate needs of the patients. The condition of the patients continuously drive the order of the care plan and can change very quickly with these patients. Starting IV's, placing foley's, medication administration, preparing patients for procedure or OR all had to be done with effective time management skills. I think the greatest challenge of this job was utilizing creative ways to keep patients safe from falling and at the same time minimizing the use of sitters. One of the most rewarding things in this job was seeing a patient make a full recovery after a debilitating brain injury.
Office Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 18, 2015
Tucson Medical Center is a great place to work and learn on a daily basis. TMC is a great place to work as well as learning through furthering education. It's a very fast paced work environment and at sometimes very stressful, but very rewarding. There is no better feeling knowing you helped a family through a difficult time.
Great Co-workers.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Tucson ArizonaMarch 18, 2015
Cons: pay rate could be better.
Amazing Staff. Great Environment. Friendly People. The Hospital is being upgraded and is beginning to look much more modern.
TMC RN
Registered Nurse - Women's Surgical Operating Room (Former Employee), Womens SurgeryMarch 4, 2015
My previous job was at Tucson Medical Center where I worked for 35 years. My typical day started at 0630 and was assigned an or room for my day would typically end at 1500-1730 . The interaction with patients and doctors was enjoyable, at times challenging.The hardest part was constant running turning over rooms in the appropriate time for the next case. The 40 mile drive daily for 35 years became taxing and I decided to seek employment closer to the northwest area where I live.
Bear Down
Volunteer (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 20, 2014
Bear Down Bear DownBear DownBear DownBear DownBear DownBear DownBear DownBear DownBear DownBear DownBear Down
Overall a good hospital with good coworkers that were willing to help.
Patient care technician (Current Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 14, 2014
Hardest part of the job was hardly any communication between the day shift and the night shift crews.
Amazing Executive Team and Executive Assistants
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 13, 2014
I love working here. This by far one of the best organizations that I have had the pleasure of working for.
Great place to work. No ping pong table though.
Building Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 1, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working at my own pace.
Cons: the bennefits at tmc have been in decline for several years.
Learned all of my skills in plumbing, electrical, and HVAC at TMC. Co workers are great for the most part. The job was mentally challenging sometimes. I enjoyed that.
RN Vascular access team (Current Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 7, 2014
great place to work, I've been a RN since 1996 and doing PICC lines for about 8 years, and with the experience of the team I have been able to learn how to place power wands, and learn new valuable techniques.
enjoyed talking to patients
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 2, 2014
Pros: meeting people
Cons: no benefits
typical day in the trauma/emergency center was go go go. fast pace.
had to rush to clean the room so that another patient could come in. working in the hospital was more relaxed. enjoyed meeting people and talking to cancer patients and helping them when ever possible.
Fast paced enviorment with diverse work setting
PATIENT ACCESS SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE Jul (Current Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: employees are valued
Cons: 12 hours days
Tucson Medical Center’s mission and values are compassion, integrity, dedication and community. TMC is highly involved in several charitable organizations and is always improving processes through Kaizen meetings. Kaizen is a Japanese word meaning continuous movement. Since the world is ever changing these meeting allow staff to round table ideas that might benefit the hospital. This enforced a positive work environment in which your opinion was heard and valued. The most enjoyable part my job is being able to interact with patients in an attempt to make their visit to TMC a little more comfortable. Overall it has been a positive experience.
I enjoyed my job at TMC
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: excellent flexibility, and i loved the job.
Cons: the management could have done a better job with the department, that particular manager is no longer employed there.
The management in the department did not keep their word on promises made to the transcriptionists, unfortunately. However, they were very good to me, and I appreciated the flexibility of the job. I love teaching new transcriptionists, as well. I only left because of some health problems that I had which are now resolved.
Teaching hospital
Staff RN Peds (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 26, 2014
Typical pros and cons for any healthcare/RN position. This was quite a long time ago. They did, at the time, welcome new grad RNs.
Tucson Medical Center
Patient Care Technition (Former Employee), Tucson ArizonaAugust 25, 2014
Pros: the gratification of knowing that i was part of an important healing and learning process, it gave me great pleasure to help people.
Cons: it became difficult at times when a patient was terminally ill.
Tucson Medical Center is an exceptional learning hospital for everyone involved in the health care and healing process. They are also thoughtful and caring as well as involved with their employees.
typical day in GI lab
GI Lab (Former Employee), Tucson, azAugust 18, 2014
Each day in the GI lab I assisted doctors with various GI procedures. I administered conscious sedation and maintained vital signs during each procedure.
Such a great hospital to work at!
Nutrition Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 4, 2014
I worked in the Food & Nutrition Department for almost 2 years. I can honestly say that I miss working there! The Director, Manager, Supervisors, and all of the kitchen staff were absolutely amazing to work with! Pretty good pay too!
Fast-paced work with great pay!
Pediatrics Volunteer (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 16, 2014
Fun environment to work and very fast paced. Every day is different and the food is just absolutely amazing, your customers will leave satisfied and wanting to come back for more!
Managing Technology Management Department
Biomedical equipment technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 10, 2014
Pros: excellent leadership.
A typical day at work was managing a staff of technical employees in the pursuit of clinical equipment service. As it is vitally important that clinicians are provided equipment that is maintained in a state of readiness to ensure patient care and patient safety; it is also vitally important that an organizations revenue stream be uninterrupted as can happen if devices are unavailable due to breakage or malfunction.

As head of the department, I managing to budget, maintained compliance with regulatory agencies, consulted with administration on capital equipment acquisitions and many other concerns, was the primary face between vendors and the hospital; plus participating in the Safety Committee and facility projects, all played into my workdays as well. The management of staff; the hiring, training, counseling and educating was a frequent and rewarding responsibility.

The most enjoyable part of my job was going home at the end of the day knowing that I had accomplished success. I had overcome roadblocks and other challenges, I had engaged my employees keeping them well aware of their importance to the organization and to patient safety in the work they do; and most importantly to me, I personally had contributed to patient care as well as the financial success of my organization.
fun workplace
patient care technician (Former Employee), tucson medical centerJune 2, 2014
I had a great time working at Tucson medical center specially on unit 700. I learned so much by the co workers that showed me and I was honor that I was showing students and new employees What I know and simply what they taught me.
Great internship experience