Tucson Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Great hospital
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 3, 2015
Tucson medical center is a very excellent hospital for patients care!!
Since I worked here I have learned a lot of medical termanology, medical protocals. I have also recivied different certications, Neuro Reds, Cardic Arrest, DVT. I love my co worker!! We are always helpping one another, one team one heart! The best part of this job is knowing I helped doctors and nurses figure out what is going on with their patients. The down fall of my 9 years working here is we have only gotten raises 3 times. Management and Nurses have got raises each years.
Pros
helping the patients
Cons
no raises, not much advancements
So welcomed
PCT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 14, 2015
TMC truly welcomes all new hires. They are family oriented. They want you to have a life outside of work and have many family activities, both day and night. I was given a very large raise in pay when I moved to TMC. They value their employees, which have kept a low turn over rate.
Pros
Locally owned and the only Community hospital left in Tucson
Cons
Obama Care
My first medical job and I knew medical is what I was meant to do
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 29, 2016
Checking in patients, assisting in taking and developing x-rays, drawing up injections, calling for referrals, etc.
I learned how to be a great asset to the medical field in putting my skills to use.
My co-workers were great team players.
Pros
Learning new skills, luncheons
Cons
No 401K or health insurance
Difficult management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 25, 2016
Typical day varies depending on the areas you have and the team mates on shift. Team work was great at times other times you were on your own to deal with varying difficult situations even with a charge there. Good thing was that you were placed in differing situations, one moment your dealing with an 81 yo copd pt and the next a neonate coming back in with rsv needing ventilatory support. The place makes you strong.
Pros
The team that's on shift
Cons
The manager!
staff nurse for a year
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 21, 2016
Good orientation, was working at night, naturally worse part of shift is at the end when you have to carry out morning orders and give report.
Pros
close to my home
Cons
working nights hard to get into the routine of how tests are usually scheduled during day
Terrible place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 25, 2016
Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. An experience I could have gone without. Terrible work environment. Co workers were the worst human beings I've ever met after working in Healthcare about 6 years.
Low Morality
Supervisor of Cardiac Rehab (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 30, 2016
No loyalty to culture and very poor management and communication Infrastructure...
I would not recommend this organization to anyone!
a great unit... sometimes
PCT/CNA - Provide personal care and assist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 30, 2015
I worked on nights and I loved it, couldn't have a better team. Management was a little difficult to deal with, I was jumping through hoops which was set higher than anyone else. favoritism was a big deal on the unit.
Very nice place to work for.
Unit Tech (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 7, 2015
Place for advancement, great benefits and good communication between nurses and other staff.
Nice people to work with, excellent team work.
Pros
GREAT DISCOUNT LUNCHES, AND GREAT MENU.
Cons
COULD GET VERY HECTIC.
Very Productive and fun work enviornment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 28, 2015
Organizing and restocking food and drinks. Refolding shirts and pants. My co-workers and management make working a very enjoyable experience and so do the customers. Making deliveries to patients rooms.
Pros
Free water and coffee. 15% discount off the store for volunteers.
Cons

Want to know more about Tucson Medical Center?

Ask a question
very busy hospital to work for
Certified Lead Nurse-(August 2004-August 2011) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 14, 2015
typical day at work was very busy. Most of the time there was no time to take lunch. Most of my RN experience was here. I moved up the ladder very quick. I think I took on positions too fast and that is why I had to learn stress techniques. My co-workers for most were very enjoyable to work with. hardest part of the job was upper management always wanting me to fill beds that were either still occupied or not enough staff. The best part of my job was caring for patients. I would be tickled when I was able to take a patient load myself because as a charge nurse there was not time for that.
Pros
taking care of patients, co-workers and the phyicians
Cons
upper management staffing by numbers and not acuity
Not a good place to work
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 11, 2013
I was full time but never had full time hours. I was treated as per diem, with hours going to favored staff mammographers, including per diem mammographers. Any advancements went to a per diem employee which included many out of state seminars that were paid for by TMC. The seminars were also available to favored staff members, but never to me. There were many more reasons that I left TMC employment, however, the fact that I was denied a exit interview by management, I think says it all.
I also want to say that the supervisor treated other employees with disdain who were not her friends. Upper management allowed this behavior to go on the length of my employment in the breast department. When people would complain it was ignored for the most part.
Cons
no breaks. bad management.
Excellent Opportunities
Enviromental Services Associate I (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 12, 2014
Tucson Medical Center is a very good place to start a career in many healthcare fields. The staff are friendly and helpful at all times even to the newest individuals on a team. Without a doubt co-workers and management will work together to ensure success in any field that you apply to at Tucson Medical Center.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of watching patients and staff work together to solve the many healthcare issues that face our population today.

I have learned a great deal at this institution and hope to carry the knowledge on to future jobs.
Pros
computer lab, break rooms, cafeteria
Excellent place to work , face pace learning environment
Emergency Room Admission Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 14, 2012
A typical day at TMC would be to obtain patient information and collect patients deductibles or copay. Enter in patient information to the company billing system. Assisted EMTs and Paramedics with information need. Also admitting patient and reviewing benefits with patients. Answering patient and business phone calls, Filing paperwork. Hardest part of this job was the overnight on call requires hours. I enjoyed work with my fellow associates and management.
Pros
learning environment, free lunches
Cons
on call time
Was a great eviroment
Phlebotomist/Processor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 17, 2015
Worked here as a phlebotomist and as an Emergency Room Tech. Loved both positions and would go back if possible. Not a bad place to work as far as hospitals go. Management made it easy to communicate with them and it was always a team environment.
learning complex neurological traumas/disorders
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 10, 2015
I started out at Tucson Medical Center as a new graduate nurse. The patient population on our unit consisted of neuro/ortho patients. We also had an intense observation unit on our floor, consisting of 2 nurses and 4 high acuity patients, who required eyes on them at all times. A typical day would begin with getting assignment, receiving report from the off going shift, and building a nursing care plan based on vital signs, assessments and the immediate needs of the patients. The condition of the patients continuously drive the order of the care plan and can change very quickly with these patients. Starting IV's, placing foley's, medication administration, preparing patients for procedure or OR all had to be done with effective time management skills. I think the greatest challenge of this job was utilizing creative ways to keep patients safe from falling and at the same time minimizing the use of sitters. One of the most rewarding things in this job was seeing a patient make a full recovery after a debilitating brain injury.
Pros
exceptional learning experience
Cons
patients who are unable to communicate with you
Emergency Dept. Clerk
Emergency Department Registrar (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 4, 2015
Entering physician orders into computer for lab and other diagnostic testing. This was a rewarding and very challenging job. Being able to prioritize tasks between critical patients and non-critical patients and see the positive results at the end of the ER visit.

I enjoyed working in the emergency medical field.
Pros
working in the medical field
Cons
my family was forced to take backseat to my career
I liked it
Environmental Services Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 14, 2015
I'd work there again. Just not the same position. I loved the people I worked with an the people I was able to meet. The Management could of been better but I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
You could use your ID to get LUNCH an it would come out of your check.
Cons
Time Limits on fixing the rooms up.
Productive, very busy.
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 5, 2014
Very Very busy, always on the go. A lot of drama in the work place. Poor communication from management. Pay is good and benefits almost make it worth staying.
Pros
great benefits, yearly raises.
Cons
drama, non-appreciative, lack of communication.
Good co-workers
Power Plant Operator/Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 24, 2015
Great place to start. I have learned a lot of skills that will help me with my next job. C0-workers are good, management needs help, very un-organized. A good place to start or wind down, Pay is low compared to other areas.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Low pay

Tucson Medical Center Reviews by Location