tuesday morning

tuesday morning Employer Reviews

It's a good place to work
Sales Assoc (Current Employee), Tucker, GAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: no
Assist customers in store, straighten up aisles, put items neatly on rack. On truck day, take boxes off of the truck, and then open the boxes, put new merchandise on racks in the store.
productive
Store Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 27, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: not a secure job
I love the job. It is creative, fast paced and coworkers from Management down are great. I love working there but unfortunately can not get enough hours to live on.
Great company
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Manchester, MOJune 25, 2014
My co workers were my favorite part of this job. My supervisor especially. I had build good relationships with other employees even being one of the youngest there.
Sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 25, 2014
Pros: you work hard and learn alot
Cons: no pay raises
Good place to work if you really don't have plans to move up in the company.
Not a good company and you cannot get the truth out of the upper management.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CaJune 24, 2014
Pros: the employee discount
Cons: no lunch breaks, hard to take your 10 min breaks, the pay scale to hire new employee's are very low for area, the new district manager had no respect for the employee's and had a power trip..
Store was in a basement, no natural light only two flights of stairs to get into the store. I learned that they are managed poorly and they do not pay employee's well and you run on a skeleton crew. The best part of the job was being able to get up into the fresh air, the hardest part of job was trying to get large items into the store.
Loved the atmosphere and products
Key Holder / Supervisor (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJune 23, 2014
Pros: they worked around my schedule when necessary
Cons: part-time
My job varied daily. I learned to balance supervising, merchandising and customer service priorities. My co-workers were my employees and we all worked very well together. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the stocking. The best part of the job was learning the depth of the retail business.
NOT A WONDERFUL PLACE
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAJune 18, 2014
Cons: no breaks, no healthcare
PEOPLE NOT BEING HELD ACCOUNTABLE TO SCHEDULES AND CALLING IN NO BENEFITS AT ALL NO VACATIONS OR PAID DAYS OFF COULD NOT WORK A SECOND JOB EVEN THOUGH YOU WERE PART TIME
Don't work here
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 12, 2014
Just don't work here. It is a typical retail job, they won't give you more then 10 hours a week unless you are a store manager.
Not bad job
Duties, Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville FlJune 10, 2014
Pros: the management.
Cons: pay was terrible.
Worked part time. Delivered furniture. Hard to move up in the company.
fun enjoyable place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 9, 2014
Pros: opportunities for advancement
Cons: not enough resourses for training
Fast paced environment
store operations
self inventory
freight processing
Great coworkers and environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St.Louis, MOJune 4, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunch, fun atmosphere
Cons: not many benefits, low pay, and hardly any hours.
-Co-workers and management were great, entertaining and helpful.
-Learned more details of setting up displays, following corporate directions for displays and placement of merchandise.
-Loved helping the friendly customers!
At Tuesday Morning
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 31, 2014
Pros: we needed to pay lunch only water was free.
Cons: the breaks were long and were fun.
We start to work at 3pm to 11.30pm .We start by packaging items in the appropriate boxes,scan and stock them.,At 6pm we loaded the truck .At 10pm to 11pm we unloaded.We had to break of 30 minutes each one.I learn to work stand up long time .The team manager was very strict and requiring.The co workers was kind.The hardiest part of work was loading because – more... items were running on the electronic rail and you needed to be very fast to take them and put on the truck.The enjoyable time was the break time. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKMay 30, 2014
Pros: great workers, flexible schedule
Cons: pay, part-time
Working for this company was great. I met a lot of different types of customers that I could bond with in seconds and make their trips to the store fun and easy. I've learned that kindness and a positive attitude can brighten someone's day. The manager is awesome. She has taught me to be a better person no matter the situation and has shown me that – more... kindness does go a long way. My co-workers are great. They are all hard workers no matter what. We worked together as a team and accomplished a lot during the day. – less
Great for Someone New to Working/Young People
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Trussville, ALMay 27, 2014
Pros: mostly easy days
Cons: unoading the trucks in the heat of summer
It's just a retail store that gets a lot of things that most other, major retail stores can't sell or don't sell. They get great things in though. I'm always going back to see what they have gotten in. (Nice, expensive things sometimes too- that they sell for cheaper than anywhere else you can find it.) They also have great sales.

I was in a great – more... location with great people, so my overall experience was nice. – less
Retail Heaven
Customer Service Representitive (Former Employee), NY, RIMay 20, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: can only work 25 hours or less a week
Tuesday morning offers a wide variety of products for customers to choose from and as an employee, that variety also extends to your average day. Focus is on customer satisfaction and store presentation. My experience with management and the corporate aspects of this store have been great. The only downside is that you cannot exceed 25 hours a week – more... unless you are part of management. – less
Positive changes
Corporate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits, flexible schedules.
Cons: ...
Excellent company as it stands, but Tuesday Morning is making positive changes to continue to be a competitive force. Happy to be part of this organization during this phase of growth.
Fun place to have had my first part-time job
Store Associate and Freight Associate (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAMay 5, 2014
Store Associate and Freight Associate – Assist customers with purchases, returns and questions, answer phones and stock shelves. Additional duties include unloading and organizing deliveries from corporate warehouse and semi-annual inventories.
Smaller Retail Merchandise Store.
Assistant to Manager/Key Holder (Former Employee), Vernon, CTApril 23, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: corporate management not in touch at times.
An excellent place to work. Covered all facets of owning a retail business. Excellent management and team effort were displayed. A good learning experience. .A typical day was opening the store, disarming alarm, getting Register ready for days work. Checking/Cleaning if necessary. Customer Service. The hardest part of this job was unloading truck when – more... merchandise was delivered. Lifting heavy boxes at times. The most enjoyable part of this job was the environment in which we worked. Team effort was displayed at all times. . – less
Great Work Enviroment
Manager in training (Former Employee), McAllen, TXApril 23, 2014
Pros: great communication with home office
Cons: sometimes didn't have time for lunch breaks
I really enjoyed working at Tuesday Morning very nice and comfortable enviroment
No Room for advancement
IT Infrastructure Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 23, 2014
Pros: paychecks are on time
Cons: no clear leadership, horrid helth bennifits, only 12 days off per year (including your 10 days of vacation), avg 60 hour work week
While the company is going through a massive turn around there are some very large unaddressed infrastructure issues that will be major hurdles for the company over the next five years. My role with the company was undefined and that left me answering to four different department heads, none of whom would take ownership of my work, but were unwilling – more... to allow me to institute new ideas unless all four agreed. This resulted in very slow movement on projects. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About tuesday morning

Tuesday Morning offers big discounts every day of the week, but not every week of the year. The closeout retailer sells discontinued – Read more