tuesday morning Employee Reviews

Productive and a fun working enivorment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Farmington, NMJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Relaxtion environment to work, Team work
Cons: Full time postions, health plan
I assit the manager on in any area's that need attending to at the direction of our corporate direction.
I learned in the area's such as: driving sales, customer service, reading and learning on how to read reports to help the store in bring in sales, and a team player. This job has really got me to get out of my shyness and interacting with customers and co-workers.
The management has help with my leadership skills and taking the lead in making decisions in the absents of the store manager.
Tuesday morning is a great part time job if you are looking to enjoy working with customers with reasonable hours.
wonderful and frinely envoirmnent to work in
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Arlingiton HeightsJuly 22, 2015
Pros: understanding Boss, but still stood her ground
Cons: other employees that were careless
opening the store
returns/exchanges when needed
janitoral duties
Stocking
Assisting customers to their car
Bank deposits
Productive yet easy going workplace.
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling
Cons: Minimal room for advancement
A typical at work begins with an overview of the workplace. I check to make sure the displays are filled and orderly. Then I zone or recover the areas that need some work. I then proceed to the registers where I count the draws and pull the afternoon deposits and insert new drawers. The remaining time is spent assisting customers and providing excellent service but support a team of exceptional employees. At the end of the day I count down the drawers and remove the deposits ad fill out the online closing paper work.
my job at Tuesday Morning
cashier (Former Employee), Centerville, OhioJuly 21, 2015
Pros: wifi
Cons: short breaks, not enough hours
I really liked working at Tuesday Morning. The location I was at was always very laid back and the environment was always so calm.
Productive fun place
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2015
A typical day at work was laid back but steady work nothing to overbearing or stressful. A lot of fun the people that shopped there were very nice people and very respectful. I learned a lot about furniture, linens, and merchandising products. You learn how to be responsible and also how to sale products to get people to buy then. The management was amazing nobody on a power trip they didn't abuse there position as managers. Certain co-workers were older and not able to do as much but other than that they were good. The only thing I can really say was difficult was unloading the truck because I had to do it myself. The most enjoyable time was lunch we took it in groups so that was pretty cool.
the best items to buy
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee), La Mesa, CAJuly 11, 2015
Pros: close to my house
Cons: perverted manager
it has a little bit of everything with great prices and even better mark downs on some items. i saved so much just working at my own store
One of the worst companies to work for
associate (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Customers are mostly great
Cons: low wages, no hours, no company support, employees are not appreciated.
The job itself is easy. Unfortunately the company expects its employees to work for low wages and stores to run on barely any hours. There is no room for advancement-pay raises don't happen. Getting hurt happens often, with no sympathy and/or support after. Try to fix things and make things work and safer and you'll be branded as a trouble maker and instead of trying to fix anything hours just get cut even more.
Grat Store and Great employees
Temporary Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Merritt Island, FLJuly 7, 2015
Pros: great work enviornment
Cons: no benefits
The store in Merritt Island Florida is one of the best Tuesday Morning stores I've been to. The staff was wonderful. Most were long-term employees. The only thing I could complain about is some of their policies or procedures are out of date. (Like applying in store on the Kiosk) The other thing would be there is no full time availability which also means no benefits.
Always something new
Store Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Employee Discount, Store Hours
Cons: Part Time
Overall the company is a fun place to work, at times it can become stressful and overwhelming just like any other job. If you're good at organizing, planning, and leading your team you shouldn't have a problem. Only downside is the amount of payroll given per week, leaves a majority of the work load on the managers making it difficult to have a good work/life balance.
Productive and fun work place. Great co-workers.
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: I had free lunches.
Cons: The short breaks I liked.
I enjoyed assisting customers with finding items they wanted to purchase and just answering their questions. I had great co-workers.
Decent Place To Work
Key Holder, Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee), Arlington TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff.
Cons: "recovery", the managemant, hours.
It really was a good place to work, but the company it self has some flaws. The management wasn't to great either BUT it is a nice place to start working.
productive company with advancement opportunities
Store Manager (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAJune 30, 2015
On a typical day, I would open the store and come in to do the daily paperwork. Within 30 minutes an employee would show up and I would start them on their daily projects as I turned on the computers and set them up for the day. We would all have individual tasks each day and work on them as well as assisting customers. Shifts would rotate midday and the morning tasks, if not completed, would be continued or a new task given. At the end of each day, I would close the store, shut down registers and enter time cards. All this to prepare for the following day.
Not much opportunity at all
Warehouse/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TXJune 29, 2015
This is a job to make money or to work until you find another. Thats the only reason i was here. Or if you like to shop for the things they sell there.
Nice place to work at.
Sales Floor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 29, 2015
I felt like I belonged at the store that I worked at. The manager at my store was a very nice person and it felt like the manager actually cared about me, the person. I helped customers find items and checked them out. I helped unload trucks when they came and restocked shelves.
Positive atmosphere, but slow business.
Key Holder/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 28, 2015
The company its self was a very positive and uplifting company to work for, just business was pretty slow a numerous amount of times.
Great variety of Merchandise
Cashier (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 26, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Early Tuesday Morning deliveries
Process new inventory,help customers,create new contacts for mailing list on a daily basis.Maintain a safe and secure shopping environment. Visual displays.
It was a quiet store with not much business throughout the day
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 25, 2015
If this place was busier, it would have been easier to work here. With too much downtime, I found the workday just drag on by performing meaningless tasks to look busy.
IF YOU HAVE NO LIFE IT:S OK
Store Manager (Former Employee), Waco, TXJune 18, 2015
GOOD PAY , BUT NO TRAINING ,AND NO LIFE AND WORK BALANCE ,ALL OR NOTHING. MORE WORRIED ABOUT GETTING MERCHANDISE OUT THAN HELPING CUSTOMERS.HOUR TO DO ALL THAT IS NEEDED TO DO FORGET IT AND DON"T ASK.
Layed back work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VaJune 11, 2015
Pros: Layed back enviroment
Cons: Pay was horribe
Working for Tuesday Morning was a ok job. Could be boring at times but also busy for early sales. The pay was awful and no benefits.
Tuesday Morning, Norfolk.Va
Shift Manager, Key Carrier (Former Employee), Norfolk, VaJune 11, 2015
Not much to say about this job. A typical day at work was working retail. Working the front register, helping customers and cleaning and stocking the store. I learned a lot about inventories here we did them ourselves. I know normally big companies hire people to do them. My co-workers were okay, the one's that I can remember. The hardest part of my job was clocking out! Only because I could never pull enough hours here. Surprising considering how long I worked there. The most enjoyable part was each co-workers birthday. My manager would celebrate and make food for us each time we had one.