Tuesday Morning Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Senior Key-Manager (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CA 93277September 21, 2017
Enjoyable place to work. Moved up to management position and truly enjoyed the experience. Employees were like family and I was truly sad to see the store close.
Pros
Discounts and great merchandise
Cons
short breaks and rude customers
Tuesday Morning does not care about their employees at all.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Fox River Grove, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Easy place to work but they will keep you under 20hrs so you don't get benefits. It's a great place to work for someone who is retired, and just wants to get out of the house. But if you have a family there is no making a living wage there. They also don't care about their employees at all. It is not uncommon for them to "promote" and "relocate" a manger to their "own store" and then close it with weeks.
Pros
easy work
Cons
part time. NO benefits.
Stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOSeptember 20, 2017
Very stressful when they want u to hurry up and do stocking and cashier when they wont even teach you register right. Managemnet does not work with u at all and if you dont say yes to hours right way they guve it away to somebody else
ok
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lighthouse Point, FLSeptember 20, 2017
its decent no too demanding. learned ticketing ans stocking merchandising. hardest part is recovering he sore easiest is he cashier position. Management is good with communication.
Productive & fun place to work
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 18, 2017
I enjoy working with public! Giving great customer service! Meet new people & get a great discount on cool stuff
Can help out other locations to get more hrs
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Fun,fast paced place to work.
Store Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKSeptember 15, 2017
The hours vary trumendously and were not consistent. I loved the people I worked with and the clientel. The pay was low and no benefits other than the emplyee discounts.
Hard work, but can be fun
Retail Clerk and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXSeptember 15, 2017
This was a hard job due to being on your feet all the time. Otherwise, it was pretty fun and it is a nice store. Despite my back hurting and my feet hurting all the time, I enjoyed working there.
Okay Work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNSeptember 12, 2017
Tuesday Morning is a good work place for anyone who loves to help others with decorating their house and helping people find good deals on awesome products.
Great communication and great training
Flex Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2017
Honestly this was my first warehouse job, and it was a good experience that I like. And I would enjoy the time I been there. I would like to work for Tuesday morning as a permanent job, if they had any available spots.
Pros
Free lunch and community itself
Cons
Need more 15 min breaks
average retail store
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 10, 2017
partime associates work 15 hours a week. not a lot of store associates per store. makes covering shifts difficult. expectation for minimal wage is unbalanced.
Very quiet and slow-paced
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CASeptember 9, 2017
You come in and do your duties. It's very relaxed and customers would come in because, at our location, we were the most friendly with everyone who came through our doors. Our discounts in the back were fair and organized. The duties were simple and consistent.
Fun, energetic, and creative place to work!
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSSeptember 7, 2017
Tuesday Morning is a fast-paced retail store. My day typically would begin with opening store, grabbing the deposit and then taking it to the bank. I would then return to the store, walk the isles making note of what needed to be done that day. I would then complete all paper work and assignments for the employees working that day. When the reports were in order, the cash registers were opened and verified that the closer did not make any mistakes. The safe was counted and verified and then the store was opened. Every employee greets every guest coming into the store as well as helps with any questions they may have. Each Tuesday our truck would come in - this was always like Christmas! Lots of boxes to unpack and treasures to unveil. All employees were then delegated sections to reorganize and restock with the new merchandise. The management team was responsible for keeping the shelves looking neat and organized as well as keeping the employees on task. There was never a time, apart from a 10 minute break, that any of us would sit down. Lifting, stretching, walking and putting together shelves was a daily ritual. I enjoyed staging the products on end caps as well as finding new ways to market items not selling. I was a job that my creativity was used and further developed. I enjoyed the relationship I had with the other employees. It was an enjoyable job!
Pros
first pick of discounted items, employee discount
Cons
10 minute break doesn't give one much time to eat and relax!
good environment and respectful workers
Process all sales (Current Employee) –  West Hills, CASeptember 6, 2017
Tuesday Morning is overall a wonderful environment to work in with very respectful and responsible employees. The only problem that i had was after my former manager left, the new store manager started cutting hours.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Benefits for part timers as well
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNSeptember 1, 2017
Part timers should also get PTO, HOLIDAY PAY and TIME AND A HALF. It's unfair that only the Store manager only get that. We work hard in our store and it would be nice if we had the same as them.

Full time would be nice too...
Pros
Every year our Corp office would give each store a Christmas Gift card $100 for each store.
Cons
No rewards for the hard work we do. Nothing!
Horrible
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORAugust 31, 2017
Not allowed to work more than 4 hours a shift, and they will not allow you to do split shifts. No overtime is available. The location I worked at had very volatile managers, one in particular would scream at you for absolutely no reason and had an ego problem. The other managers didn't care and would do nothing. Pay was minimum wage with no benefits and less than 20 hours a week. If you called out sick, you would get harassed and yelled at over the phone and they would try to guilt trip you into coming into work because they were short staffed and there was never anyone available to cover.
Pros
Flexible, they will work with you if you have multiple jobs or go to school.
Cons
Hostile work environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKAugust 31, 2017
Had a wonderful manager, easy customer service, and always interesting products. The manager was very kind and understanding. My coworkers were always helpful.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 30, 2017
Have the responsibility to handle more responsibility than with previous employer. I loved that job for what it was. I was a part time manager, and at the time it worked out great around my personal life schedule back then.
Pros
I needed my stamina, but not to the point of exhaustion at the end of the day.
Cons
A slightly better work routine.
Light Work
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 25, 2017
Working for Tuesday Morning was a great opportunity and very easy work.I was able to move up very quickly.The work was never hard,it just took time to get as many truck done as possible
Fast paced and friendly, costumer oriented
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCAugust 24, 2017
A typical day consist of counting the safe, opening registers for the day. Checking email and filling out daily paperwork and computer work. While assisting customers and running the register, continue stocking shelves. Making sure the store is neat and orderly.
Pros
Great employees and loyal customers
Cons
Long hours, and not enough staff
A fun place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 24, 2017
I have met some wonderful people there, a very laid back and refreshing atmosphere. The store hours are suitable as well for me.I wish they had health insurance for part time employees.
Pros
Able to store our items in our box until pay day
Cons
no health care for part time employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tuesday Morning. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8