tuff shed Employee Reviews

Bad Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 20, 2017
I worked in sales and there were other salesmen that would take your sales that you worked hard on while you were off. Management never did anything about it.
over worked and under paid
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 23, 2017
i started work at 4:15 AM. we would start by picking trim up off the ground then the real work began. frame 10-12 sheds a day witch involved layout, framing, siding and painting all the walls for the builds. the only thing i liked about the place was a couple of co workers.
Cons
long hours and lack of pay
Best Construction Job
Lead Builder (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 8, 2017
Construction is its own beast, and you are going to work hard, in the elements and get paid poorly. At least at Tuff Shed you have some organization that keeps frustrating incidents like incorrect material orders to a minimum.
Tuff Shed IT
IT Support (Current Employee) –  DenverJuly 8, 2017
Always busy always something to do.

You will never have a moment to stop and breath in the flowers at Tuff Shed. It is by far the fastest pace job i have ever had and for that it has been some of the most enjoyable. I walked into the door and immediately was touching everything. There was a lot of learning and growing.
Pros
Lots of things to do, lots of learning new things, lots of Fixing of broken things which i have some weird passion for. I know the owner, not before my employment, which is weird sometimes, but he takes care of his employees.
Cons
hard work, not everything is spelled out for you so if you like an easy path look elsewhere.
work life balance
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 23, 2017
good balance for work life i really wish this thing was not required and did not require a hundred and fifty characters to be considered completed i just wanted to update a resume
Pros
owrk life
Cons
pay
Build sheds
Builder Sales Representative, painter, carpenter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 3, 2017
Tuff Sheds has great products. I worked well with coworkers and customers appreciated the end result(s). However, no job security, no benefits and not a lot of management support.
Great Product, not so great management
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 23, 2017
Great product and not so good management team, they want you to work 7 days a week 24 hours a day. The best part of my job when I worked with Tuff Shed was its flexibility.
Pros
product, flexibility
Cons
pay, unrealistic sales goals, understaffed
Good place to work.
Shed Builder (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 2, 2017
I would suggest working here if you love to be outdoors and work with your hands. People are friendly and it is a good place to use your skills and build with your hands.
Fun and Creative Place to Work!
Sales Manager - Crossdock Manager (Current Employee) –  Central Point, ORMarch 9, 2017
I have been with Tuff Shed for almost four years as of this writing. I currently serve as a Crossdock Manager, so i am responsible for running remote sales office that also acts as a drop off and warehousing location for buildings that are being staged for delivery. Most of my job involved designing and selling storage building, garages, and cabins. I love the autonomy of the position and the freedom I have to create buildings of any design. The team is awesome. production does a great job of building the buildings, scheduling is great at juggling delivery dates, and the customers are so much fun to deal with. Overall, this is a great place to work.
Pros
Flexible schedule, flexible days, lots of creativity
Cons
Often left on your own, minimal marketing support, little management.
Outstanding
Pre-fabricator/ framer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 24, 2016
The years i have put into this work field, i have learned a lot. A typical work day would be clocking in, giving us our daily building layout and start framing them. a lot of my experience has been through Tuff Shed from working drawings to cutting lumber. Management there are outstanding! they are always there when ever you needed them. the hardest part about the job was learning how to frame, but within time i learned and now i am at an advanced level. the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing we had satisfied our customers.
Pros
You gain a lot of experience, hands on, and also with blue prints.
Cons
N/a
Compensation is not adequate
Construction Sales Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOJune 6, 2016
The amount of time invested for each close is not adequately compensated. Exceeding quota does not equate to financial compensation.
Pros
product is excellent and easy to sell
Cons
pay is not equal to amount of time and effort needed to close sales
Great Hospital
Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMay 29, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed my time with the hospital as I was treated fairly.
I do wish the pay was better but at the time it was expected.
Leadership worked hard with everyone from my perspective.
Pros
Good enviorment
Cons
pay could be better
Productive, Fun
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CA 92806February 22, 2016
Daily customer training. In store and home sales. Inspections.
Great inside sales support team. Rewarding and accomplish.
Pros
Flexible and Fun
Cons
Late calls
Stay Away
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 9, 2015
New Management from big boxes like Best Buy have turned TS into a horrible place. It's all about their new cloud based CRM, which was not designed for use in their environment. Not about selling sheds anymore, more about "interactions" and Opportunities within the CRM. Becoming more difficult than ever to sell against our own sheds at Home Depot, which are less expensive, better financing and promotions and no sales tax or delivery is charged. What used to be a fun and rewarding job has become a joke.
Pros
leaving
Cons
too many...
Tuff Shed is Awesome ! Really Beautiful Exploring The PNW While Traveling
installer (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WaAugust 24, 2015
Working for tuff Shed was a great experience for me, from making good money to it being an easy job to being able to see all of the land as we traveled. My job didn't last because my boss at the time was a very negative person.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
No Benefits, Non Stop Work
Not the 9 to 5 job
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 4, 2015
Very hard work not the 9 to 5 it from the time your their till every jod is don for the next day. Everyone puts in 110% to complet every thing to meet daily task and time requierments set by company.
Pros
a differant chalange every day
Great management support!
Design & Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJune 8, 2015
I would remain with this company if a previous employer wasn't involving them in a law suit against me!

My work schedule consists of...
> 5 days a week Tues-Sat
> Listening to customer needs to find best solution
> Completing paperwork
> Using extensive tracking computer systems

Management is SO supportive & easy to talk with any time I need their assistance!
Pros
Beautiful lg office, great management support.
Fun work place
Lead Builder (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 31, 2014
Worked a lot of hours. Enjoyed co-workers. Worked 6 days a week from 8-20 hrs a day. Lead Builder and Delivery Driver. Most enjoyable part of the job was building with those i liked to work with.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Didnt always get our breaks, Always being rushed to finish job
Was a very enjoyable place to work for me.
Pre-Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 30, 2013
I enjoyed working at Tuff Shed. I have always loved to work with my hands and build things. I was able to do that in this job, and have a very good relationship with the people I worked with and the management of the company.
Enjoyed working on a Sales Team.
Administrate Assistant/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Grand prairie,txNovember 15, 2013
I learned to Sale sheds and garages. I had the guys go out to measure the land. Processed accounts and did full reports of sales on a daily basis. Closed out at the end of each month.
Pros
talking to customers