Tufts Health Plan Employee Reviews

Its a great place to work
Lead Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAOctober 13, 2017
Its a fantastic place to work. I would recommend Tufts to anyone looking to work for a company that is always looking out for the best for their employees. My hours are great and the location is great.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company is great
Tufts
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAOctober 11, 2017
It was a good experience I was there as a temp for a short period but I enjoyed my time there, if I ever needed to go back there I would no hesitate it was a great workplace.
It good
Medicare Member Services\/Provider Relations Rep (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MASeptember 26, 2017
Its a great place to advance at. I think that the Manager do good job of giving you the skills you need to perform, and they have of knowledge of ways you can advance in the company. The job is busy Environment t and the many customer you deal with will keep you on your toes.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Tufts Health Plan
Claims Assistant/Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MASeptember 25, 2017
The company is constantly changing when it comes to the software and applications used to process day to day work. The company is also constantly gaining new members which means employees are expected to take on more responsibility and produce high production numbers. They offer great benefits that help with the progression of your personal and professional life.
Appeals and Grievances Analyst (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MASeptember 19, 2017
Indeed values your feedback.
When writing your review, please consider the following guidelines:

Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
Provide details about why you liked or disliked working at the company
Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate
All submitted reviews are subject to the terms set forth in our Terms of Service
We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:

Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
Advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other companies, offers, or websites
Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses, or other forms of contact information
Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors
Allegations of illegal activity - this is not a forum for reporting crimes
Enjoy writing your review!
Tufts was a nice place to work
Claims Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MASeptember 18, 2017
When I began working at tufts I had no experience with billing. I learned a lot there. It was a bit stressful working there a t times but I'm thankful for the experience.
typical insurance company
SR. MANAGER OF UTILIZATION MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MASeptember 15, 2017
Typical insurance company looking for more from the front line than the sr. management team. HR not supportive of all levels of employees; especially middle level employees
casual relaxing atmosphere
Senior Member Specialist (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MASeptember 12, 2017
Working for an insurance company opens your eyes to a different side of heath care.

Working as a senior team lead, reps would bring any questions or concerns regarding members policies and coverage options. I was responsible for new hire training, member call that would require prior authorization.

THP management team was helpful and resourceful when asked to assist in difficult policy issues.

The hardest part was the growth potential is lacking. On many occasions the low performer would get the praise and raise while the high performer was told areas that need improving.
Pros
1hr lunch 401k match, great benefits
Fast Paced Innovative Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MASeptember 7, 2017
Company is very fast-paced due to ever-growing membership. Managers are held to high standards and are very stressed which tickles down to the contributors. Otherwise, very good benefits and many programs catered toward employees.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Stressed Management
Amazing workplace with tons of amenities
Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAAugust 23, 2017
I've had a wonderful experience working for this company. I have no intention of leaving, I'm just in search of extra work. Everyone here is so accommodating, and I've learned a great deal. Working here has helped to develop my confidence, and has inspired me to explore other aspects of the field. I would highly recommend this workplace without hesitation.
Pros
wellness center, laundry on site, UPS on site, bonuses, celebration of employees.
Cons
my commute, I honestly cannot think of any others.
Thp
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAAugust 22, 2017
The Senior Leadership cares about their employees. They implement programs for Health and Wellness for the employees. They care about their members and the community.

I learned many techniques with customer relations and de-escalation skills. I operated as a supervisor of a large team, then as an individual contributor on a team. Prepared and researched for an audit that lasted 3 years. Work great as a team player taking up other colleagues work when in need.

The culture was casual and enjoyable .Hardest part of the job was interpreting government memos. Most enjoyable was working hard in collaboration with a team that you respect.
Pros
Team pot lucks and BBQs
Cons
WHen the elevators were down and you had to rush for a meeting!
This was a temp job.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAAugust 10, 2017
My boss was let go - and then I was left go a short time later. THe commute was bad for me. And I did not find the work interesting. The one thing I did enjoy was working for my boss - once she left I was glad to leave also.
Fast paced environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAAugust 4, 2017
Tufts Health Plan is a fast paced environment and staff has to be able to multi task. The company does help the community and has a lot of corporate initiatives and employee volunteer time to help out.
It is also a very diverse culture and the company has a dedicated Diversity Council and functions to highlight cultures, food and entertainment.
There are times where employees are asked to work over weekends and later at night in order for projects to be completed. This has happened more lately with new systems being implemented as well as products to expand the business.
Pros
remote work option, ample earned time
Cons
no work life balance
management
Medicare Preferred Representative (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJuly 31, 2017
The management at tufts is unbearable they have no respect for new people coming in and they do not like to train anyone to the fullest of what they need for the business
Great company to work for
Manager, Sales and Product Administration (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAJuly 18, 2017
Tufts Health Plan has created an excellent working environment and culture. Senior Leadership is extremely transparent and communicative with the management team.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJuly 11, 2017
I think it is totally unnecessary to require this kind of information for an applicant, some of which is personal Forcing this kind of information is really unneecessary.
great company, can be a bit overwhelming
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJune 20, 2017
when you work for a an insurance company it can be a bit overwhelming at first, some seasons it can be really slow. management is really good they will help you and can be very understanding. the hardest part about the job is not being able to pick up the phone when you want, as soon as a call comes in you are automatically connected, which can be a bit overwhelming when you are supposed to have your shift end a half hour ago.
Great company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 30, 2017
Tufts Health Plan is a great company with a lot of benefits and many opportunities to grow. There are weekly events to be able to participate in. There is something for everyone. My orientation reminded me of freshman orientation.
great products....great service...team on inside to support outside team members
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 1, 2017
maintaining the best they can given the healthcare market...many changes they are working with the market as well as they can...and continue to provide comprehensive health insurance.
Pros
great product
Cons
some managers wayyy in over head
Complex Core Processor (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAApril 12, 2017
I like the company. I believe the training at initial hire could be improved. It is a company that processes claims for Medicare and because of this the work/home balance and TO policy could use some improving especially since they promote Remote workers.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tufts Health Plan. Our community is ready to answer.