Tufts Medical Center Employee Reviews

Could be great, but terribly managed
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 29, 2017
I do not recommend working on the administrative or accounting side of things at Tufts. Management is lazy, ignorant, and rude, and they do not care about making improvements to anything . They take no interest in their direct reports, and they go not care about the way their inefficiency and repeated errors hurt the hospital and its employees.
Most of them have been there a very long time, and they seem to be coming in and occupying chairs until they can retire. The result of this is that people who work for them are in a position where they are working hard and want to make things better, but they do not have the power to do so. They also have to deal with all of the other employees' frustration with all the entirely preventable mistakes.
The location of Tufts is great, and the pay is good, but working for these people is too depressing to be worth it.
Pros
Great looking cation, good benefits
Cons
Terrible management
Tufts Medical Center
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 29, 2017
As employees here at Tufts we perform venipuncture's in both inpatient and outpatient. We also work in the lab collecting and receiving blood. We work hard on feet all day and our pay does not compensate for it.
Management Issues
Insurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 20, 2017
I suppose it all comes down to which department and what position a person working at Tufts may have but in my experience there the issues have been Management's unfair and sometimes passive aggressive treatment of employees.

Micro-managing happens often and actually hinders departmental performance and when advised by staff of certain issues management is more reactive than proactive.
Very positive place to work for.
Medical Interpreter and administrator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 18, 2017
I have a very good experience working for Tufts Medical Center since I have learned quite a lot about the level of professionalism of such institution. My day is very busy since the work demand is very high.
Pros
Good environment
Determined to succeed
Patient Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 10, 2017
Every day was different learning something new, Management would always encourage us to work smarter not harder and in that manner everything was completed and was open to assist with any further tasks.
PFS worst department in the hospital
3rd Party Collector (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 6, 2017
Micromanagement. Employees are treated like kids and NOT shown appreciation. Their idea of appreciation is making employees pay $5.00 every Friday to wear jeans. We don't even get paid enough to keep up with the cost of living in MA but expect us to pay to wear our own clothes? What? How about FREE casual Fridays? How about paying employees more when asking them to do the work of 3 people because you guys run people out of this department every chance you get.

No training in place but will jump on your back and crucify you the first mistake you make. How about training employees in the beginning to prevent these mistakes? Its not rocket science. And that's what respectable places do like Mass General.

Management and supervisors definitely have favorites which is unprofessional. Every employee should be treated equally.
Pros
Flexible schedule, going home at end of day
Cons
Everything, low pay, management, no raise, get harassed for every little thing you do.
N/a
340B Specialist Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 30, 2017
Pleasing place to work, managers work well together. Lots of work to do and no one stands around for too long. Hospital culture is family oriented and very caring.
Great group of co workers, grossly mismanaged organization.
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT MEDICAL UNIT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 27, 2017
Great group of co workers. Grossly mismanaged organization, little to no room for advancement. Nepotism is highly prominent in workplace, therefore creating negative moral.
Pros
Reimbursement for college education, varied shifts available.
Cons
Mismanaged organization
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 22, 2017
Good management, fair pay, above average benefits. Could improve on career development opportunities, especially for those working non-first shift positions.
Good place to start off but don't expect to grow
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 19, 2017
Pretty stressful and has a revolving door that doesn't seem to stop. In the last few years I have worked here, at least 7 other people in my department have left and that's just those that held my same position. They take way too long to replace people and don't give credit to those picking up the slack.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Terrible pay, no room for growth, revolving door
very pleasant
Clinical Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 14, 2017
Every day is a new learning experience at tufts simply because our patients needs vary from patient to patient. I am very happy to be a part of this team who goes above and beyond to give their best care to their patients.
Pros
easy commute
Cons
short breaks
was just my internship
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 11, 2017
this was my internship. was very busy checking in patients to see the doctors. Checking vital signs weight etc. love working with co-workers. quite and energized place to work
a job
Part-Time Patient Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2017
community hospital located in downtown Boston. MBTA accessible. They see all types of patients from all areas of life. It conveniently located. Always busy and a busy place to work.
Pros
MBTA accessible
Cons
not very friendly nurses
Fast pace environment where attention to detail and multitasking are a must
Lead OR pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2017
Over the course of 6 years at Tufts Medical Center as a senior lead OR-pharmacist, I have had the opportunity to be a part of a team that focused on complex medical patient intervention and drug safety. As a member of the Drug Safety Committee, I have been responsible for reviewing all new order entry templates, potential policies and drug administration guidelines, as well as perform analysis of medication related errors.
My additional clinical experience includes 1 year at Bioscrip-specialty pharmacy, serving as the link between the pharmaceutical company and patients, focusing intently on patient education, counseling, tracking of patient adherence to recommended therapies, and 340B billing. It was the contrast of these two clinical settings, which have developed my unique skill set; a mix between complex medical care in both acute inpatient and outpatient settings, as well as education, research, and community outreach.
Pros
Good Health Care coverage
Cons
Short one time break to no brake
They pay you for your life
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 3, 2017
When you work in this business there is no excuse to miss work or be a few minutes late. This is due to the industry's nature. However, the Hospitality department was under a private company, which had a very corporate and strict way of managing.
Pros
Salary, and benefits
Unorganized management
Practice Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 1, 2017
Management plays favoritism in the primary care dept. They don't care if your in the hospital with a sick family member they will still write you up... they say their PTO stands for planned time off.... nobody plans to be sick or hospitalized.
Pros
Can be seen for urgent care while at work.
Cons
Employee benefits are horrible.
great place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 18, 2017
Tufts has molded me into a very strong employee and always motivates staff to aim higher. I love the diversity at Tufts, and the many different opportunities they offer to progress in your career.
Typical Healthcare Environment
Phlebotomy Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2017
Typical work days, most employees care, lost of changes to better patient care. Typical coworker issues, management is as any other healthcare or work environment.
Third Party Collector (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 16, 2017
Provided with a list of accounts to follow-up with the insurance company. Have time management skills. Workplace culture is professional. The most enjoyable part of my job is to assist internal customers. I am a team player but can function independently. Learn problem solving skills from others, new ideas.
Pros
Team environment
Great place to grow
Practice Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 11, 2017
This was a great company to work for but was very cliquey. Had a great number of people to work with but they did not accept new employees well. Management pretty well stayed in their offices & rarely came out unless for coffee or lunches. They celebrated holidays with massive lunches and everyone (including warehouse employees) celebrated together. Main Sr. VP told all employees how well company was doing and how much profit was made, which was nice for winter holidays,
Pros
Great people, free lunch
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tufts Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Tufts Medical Center Reviews by Location