Tufts Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great Staff and Community
Registered Primary Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 15, 2015
I left Tufts for 10 years to try different areas of nursing. I maintained relationships with several of my coworkers. The hospital is a true "community/family" environment. People are kind and caring, they rally together to help each personally and professionally. I continue to learn new procedures and advancements regularly. It's very rewarding to see patients stop by to say hello on their follow up visits when they're feeling better.

The most difficult part of the job is watching some patients/families come to terms with terminal diagnosis. It's emotionally draining watching people suffer when they're in denial.
Pros
Awesome co workers
Cons
the commute
Good experience
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoyed in internship at Tufts Medical in the Human Resource department. It was very challenging but I enjoyed every moment of it.
Fun place to work
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 19, 2015
The management sucks but co-workers were lovely . I had a good boss who taught me a lot and very great colleagues. They have good benefits for post docs but i hated that we had to sign in when we got to work but no one cared that we always worked overtime .
Strong team environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 6, 2015
Busy, A well appointed training program is needed. Staff are lefts to plot their own course often without clear direction.
Pros
Great location for commuters
Cons
Understaffed
Busy environment/fast paced
IT Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 20, 2015
Fast paced environment being in the hospital

Work never stops, very little down time

Will keep you busy for a while

If there's one thing I learned working here it's that, you'll always have something to do
good
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 16, 2015
Hospital was a great to work in. Department was good and people were friendly. learned how process doctors for hospital privileges. Management was good, very good at training. Learning about the hospital and the job.
Fun and productive and you learn everyday.
Practice Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 16, 2015
Fun and productive place to work. You grow and learn with helpful co workers. Time to move on and continue to challenge and learn more.
My Day
Clinical Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 19, 2015
My typical day at work incorporates caring for about eight to ten patients on the orthopedic/general surgery unit. I would take vital signs and assist with any activities of daily living- from ambulations to feeding. Everyday I learn something new and different while working. Whether it is new equipment or new hospital protocols, there is always something to learn. My co-workers and I are very supportive of each other. We have a team dynamic in which, we all try out best to accomplish tasks together in a timely fashion. The hardest part of the job is being able to fulfill every patients' needs, especially when it is against doctor's orders or hospital policies. Conversely, the most enjoyable part of the job are the patients. Everyone comes in with a different story and diagnosis. Therefore, the communication with each patient is unique.
Work Flow
Assistant Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 10, 2015
Assists Tufts Medical Center and Tufts MC Physicians Organizations to develop and maintain front end billing practices that will enhance reimbursement
• Support the appeal team to identify appropriate medical necessity appeals and work with the appeals team and the department to provide necessary documentation
• Keep current with CPT and ICD-9 coding changes and recommend changes to departments
• Monitor timely receipt of charges and keep the billing office informed of new services provided by the department
• Maintain collaborative team relationships with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the working group’s achievements of goals, and to help foster positive work environment
i
Reimbursement Liaison (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 13, 2015
Assist Tufts Medical Center and Tufts MC Physician Organization to develop maintain front end billing practices that enhance reimbursement
Provides Excellent Patient Care, Helpful employees
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 28, 2015
As an intern at Tufts Medical Center, I learned the responsibilities of a Practice Coordinator. I handled patient registration using ECW and RCO programs. I prepared medical documents for patient visits and coordinated with the physicians, medical assistants, and nurses to ensure no delays.

The hardest part of the job is when there are too many patients at the same time, but with my ability to multi task and with proper coordination, at the end of the day the job becomes easy and enjoyable.
Wonderful Doctors and Coworkers
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 3, 2015
A typical Day in a Tufts Operating Room always keeps you on your toes. From big interesting life changing cases to quick and simple life saving procedures. Saving and Changing lives is what we do everyday. I have learned so much at Tufts MC, the doctors are always accepting of any question, love to help and make us understand anything we may not be clear on, or even know of. My CNL's are some of the most amazing people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. They have guided me and helped me in so many ways. Meeting them and having the opportunity to work closely with them has made me a better employee and tech. They are encouraging and understanding and always there when you need help. My co-workers follow closley behind, from facilitating to teaching we all help each other out.
Pros
Awesome doctors
Productive and Fun Work Place.
Executive Assistant to two SVP's: CFO and CMO (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 14, 2015
Many, many great people work here focused on helping the patient and their families while also helping each other as colleagues and friends.
Job Growth
Physician Liaison (Current Employee) –  Boston, MaAugust 12, 2015
I enjoy working for at Tufts Medical Center and have wonderful management but am looking to further my career. I believe there is more out there for me and I don't think there are many options for job growth here in my department.
Stimulating work and learning environment.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 8, 2015
High volume complex testing laboratory environment. Learned how to increase my productivity with speed and focus so as to get results out in a timely manner and commitment to quality care.
Management was supportive and accessible when needed. Co-workers were very friendly and team oriented.The hardest part of the job was the initial adjustment to the vigorous workload and need to stay organized and multi-task. Upon adjusting to this level of workflow, the gratification I felt in bringing, again, quality care to patients and clinicians alike was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
the family like relationships between co-workers
Cons
that my position was a temporary position.
Float Pool Variety
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 15, 2015
I enjoy being a part of the Medical asst/Phlebotomy float pool. Every new dept requires a new set of skills. I feel like I am learning a great deal.
Productive, but lack of professionalism.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 16, 2015
I believe the company would be wonderful, if the management was on the same page as everything else. I'm sure they're doing enough to get by but, i believe a lot can be done better.
Pros
Productivity, happy patients
Cons
Lack of respect towards the employees.
A day in the life at Tufts Medical Center Internal Medicine
Practice Coordinator, Internal Medicine (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 24, 2015
Tufts Medical Center is a world famous hospital. They are known for there extensive care and compassion for the patients that choose to have their care at Tufts.

A day in life of a practice coordinator is a fast pace environment. I was assigned Five Doctors and 4 Resident Doctors. A day included answering and responding to all calls from assigned MD's patients. I Also handled walk in patients with questions about upcoming appointments or test. Faxes and HPI information releases nd much more.

In the year plus that I spent at Tufts I learned so many things. Job related I learned how to function efficiently as a team. My co-workers became like a family. We learned each others habits and like and dislikes. It was also nice to come in on a Monday morning and your favorite kind of coffee is fresh at your desk because some on was thinking of you. I really enjoyed how one of our MA's always kept the backroom filled with snack. I also enjoyed working with the patients and building a relationship with them knowing they can trust me to get the test/appointments booked in a timely manor to ensure best results of care.
Pros
free lunches during most meetings, contest with prizes.
Cons
poor management
Productive work place
Clinical Trial Manager and Regional Sr. CRA (Former Employee) –  Boston, MaAugust 14, 2015
Flexible, great team to work with, hardest part of the job is job security and the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the doctors
Busy department
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 21, 2015
Busy department, wide variety of scans, all staff does every kind of scan, no specialties. Friendly staff and management

Tufts Medical Center Reviews by Location