Tufts Medical Center

Tufts Medical Center Employer Reviews

paid as a CNA./worked as Student nurse.
Student nurse/cna (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: got a chance to implement new skills.
worked as a student nurse while studying to become a RN. Gave medicine,vitals taken,charting,
it's a safe enviorment to work at. Intentive patient care
Practice Coordinator/Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 23, 2014
Pros: whne theres an envent at tufts, all tufs employess/staff are welcome free of charge
Cons: to short of a lunch break. at times, not enough staff coverage when needed
Tufs Medical center is a good place to work at. Its vewry patient oriented, they care about there patients needs. Around the clock care, that I see the Doctors provide.
Very educational.
Lead Quality & Billing Coordinator (promotion) (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 26, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: none...great place to work
Tufts Medical Center is a highly respected hospital and they didn't get that reputation for nothing, the staff here are great people to work with and there is plenty of room for advancement. Currently being in school to get my Associates in Medical Information Technology, Tufts offers many opportunities for me to learn different aspects of the medical field.
pleasant working enviroment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, maNovember 22, 2014
Had to step down from my position to take a leave of absence to attend to a family medical emergency. And do to me doing my son is now a happy healthy 15 year old young man.
Busy Emergency Room requiring fast paced, multi-tasking, and attention to detail
Emergency Room Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: knowledge of trauma and trauma equipment, medical updates, recognition of hard work by physicians, teamwork
Cons: no breaks, difficult personality, low pay
Tufts Medical Center Emergency Room is a fast paced, trauma one facility. I have learned a lot in regards to medical knowledge, equipment usage/function, routine, requirements. It requires a lot of attention to detail, dependability, multi-tasking, and strength in dealing with some of the difficult staff and patients both. It tests character on a daily basis, requiring one to keep their composure, and professionalism. I spend much of the shift responding to doctors orders; answering calls, placing calls for physicians, inputting orders, updating outside facility information/diagnostic imaging. Sometimes doctors can be demanding and short with us, but in a busy trauma center, you cant let that deter or upset you, it means you work harder to assure what they want or need exceeds their expectations. I can say that I have a reputation at Tufts of going above and beyond what is asked of me, and I take pride in that. Being personally thanked by a physician is so very rewarding. We learn the importance of teamwork (the Boston Marathon bombing was an exceptional display of teamwork!) and how detrimental it is to have a successful, functioning and organized department!
Productive and handsfull everyday. You will always learn something new everyday
Student Extern (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: learning expiriences
Cons: hard to get into
Excellent Hospital to work for and to be a patient from. As soon as I walked in will prepare all rooms and computer stations. I will make sure all body machines are clean and ready to use and fully charge. I will check all chemical substances that disinfect and sterilize instruments used at the clinic. I will put to sterilize anything left behind from the previous day. As soon as a patient chart goes on the wall it is time to start calling in patient to take vitals and escort them to assigned rooms. All my co-workers were always friendly and ready to work. They all taught me something new everyday and also we all got along very well and we all worked as a team. The hardest part was leaving after I completed my Externship. The most enjoyable part was being able to help a patient everyday and being able to get to know patients and new friends.
SWITCH BOARD OPERATOR
TELECOMMUNICATIONS SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR (Former Employee), BOSTON, MAOctober 19, 2014
ANSWER LARGE AMOUNTS OF CALLS
HOW TO DEAL WITH DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES
MANAGEMENT CAN BE MORE INVOLVED AND SHOULD KNOW THE JOB THEMSELVES
GREAT CO-WORKERS
Great opportunity to learn!
Reimbursement Liaison, Patient Financial Services (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 17, 2014
I have learned more than imagined upon accepting the position of Reimbursement Liaison. My superiors have supported my efforts to ensure client satisfaction.
Fast paced hospital setting
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 7, 2014
Tufts MC is a great place to be if you are interested in providing exceptional service to patients in a fast paced environment.
Disappointing
Employee (Current Employee), BostonSeptember 3, 2014
All work no compensation! Management shows favoritism and nepotism...
A place where you can learn a lot
Clinical Technician (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: get to work with diverse groups of patients and learn about them culturally, learn multi-tasking skills, gained knowledge about the medical field, flexible schedule
Cons: not much room for career growth, poor communication between management and staff, low pay rate
Ive worked at tufts for a number of years and have had both good and bad experiences as do most people with jobs they have. Management could be more attentive to the needs of their staff and be more supportive and over all appreciative. That has to to be the hardest part of my job because neither of the positions i hold at tufts are easy. Overall i love what i do and enjoy meeting different types of people from co-workers to patients and love the fact that i learn something new just about every day.
Productive and safe place
Security Officer (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 28, 2014
start my shift with role call on where we will be stationed at that day or night. I learned how to do different arrest technics and apprehend maneuver's. Management had its up and downs but overall was very organized and on top of the company. co-workers were great and good along with them all very well. hardest part of job was dealing with the patience. The best part was the environment of working in a hospital.
Experience
Clinical Care Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: my patients loved me and i loved them
Cons: the overnight hours
I received good experience there but as far as the schedule for working I didn't like it. Typical day was overnight shifts. I did vitals, urine samples, glucometer checks etc. Most of the nurses were nice and others were not so pleasant. I loved going to work to see my patients who were getting well and going home.
Executive Assistant to President and CEO (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 25, 2014
Very professional, staff is treated with the outmost respect. Easy commute on the Orange line, overall, it's a great place to work.
not much growth here
Charge master Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MaJuly 15, 2014
pull error reports and make necessary corrections
check emails for new request
review depts Chargemaster
I have three co workers
getting people to respond to request and getting answers
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 14, 2014
I worked here as a temp and loved every minute of it. The atmoshere was very friendly and welcoming, The employees were also very eager to help me get the hang of things.
Highly skilled nursing staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 24, 2014
Highly skilled nursing staff with excellent physician team.
fast pace environment with positive recognition througout the organization
Reimbursement Liaison, Patient Financial Services (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 24, 2014
Pros: independent work amongst a four member team.
Cons: work tools and support systems that are unable to communicate/share infomation
I have learned many new processes and a proactive perspective toward revuenue enhancement while working at Tufts Medical Center, Boston. My competitive spirit allows me to appreciate reasonable challenges and the feeling of satisfaction upon task resolution.
Compassionate patient centered care.
Clinical Care Technician (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 30, 2014
Pros: easily accessible
Cons: no 24 hour food options for families or employees
Tufts Medical Center is a great place to work. It is an acute care setting, keeps you busy with good management to help assist. It is a union affiliate. And patient centered care is their number one goal.
The best place for clinical research
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 23, 2014
-Nice benefits
-Great diversity
-Excellent professional staff
-Excellent work environment

1 2 3 4 5

About Tufts Medical Center

Tufts Medical Center is a world-class, academic medical institution in Boston, and is home to two full-service hospitals, one – Read more