Tufts University Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Not a positive experience
Human Resource Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  Medford, MASeptember 11, 2017
Poor management , very stressful work environment ,poor communication. The departments are not uniform and different rules apply or not apply to certain departments.
Interesting work; limited growth
Research Professor (Current Employee) –  Medford, MASeptember 3, 2017
I am part of a research center that engages in highly interesting and motivating work. My immediate team is great. The larger institution lacks warmth.
Pros
great benefits, lovely campus, interesting work.
Cons
overly corporate and professionalized culture, lack of advancement
good first experience in the field
Laboratory Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  Grafton, MAAugust 29, 2017
I learned the basics of lab animal medicine, which helped me in my future job at Mass General Hospital. I enjoyed the animals and the feeling it gave me to give them as best care as I could
Pros
vacation time and holiday pay
Cons
pay
Great Highrer Education work Experience
Laboratory Safety Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, Medford, Grafton, MAAugust 22, 2017
Great benefits, flexibility and learning opportunities at Tufts University. Learning and growth culture is strong and very good benefits package for employees.
Pros
Flexibility and learning opportunities
Cons
Changes needed for management turnover
productive work culture
Continue Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 9, 2017
Tufts is a great place to work. I enjoyed working at Tufts. I received great support from everyone in our department. The research environment is great and work culture very productive
Not your average barn job
Animal Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Grafton, MAAugust 9, 2017
So much more than a normal barn job. Much more rewarding being involved in assisting in the care of various patients and getting to see them go home. As far as the negative review.... Everyone always thinks they should be paid more etc (especially if the job doesnt end up being a good fit for them) the benefits are good and you can learn allot. Also the reviews aren't necessarily from the LAH as any reviews for tufts come up
Doing too much with too little
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAAugust 7, 2017
Each IT team member is working on multiple projects and never has enough time to focus on the task at hand. People are way overworked and there's a lot of miserable people there.
Pros
Fairly casual workplace
Cons
Not a cohesive team
Friendly workplace but no room for advancement
Finance & Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAAugust 7, 2017
I've hesitated to write this review. I left Tufts in March, and didn't want to this then. I found the students a joy to be around but this isn't a place for advancement. They seem to be going through and idenity crisis in figure what roles really are in the descriptions. I find that they hire you for one thing and the job ends up being so much more. This puts you in odds with management, because you'll want to be compensate for the extra to your role.
Pros
Every day friendly place to work
Cons
They want more work without more pay and no advancement
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 4, 2017
Great place to work, my daily duties was to answer the phone, schedule conferences and meetings, order and organize the office, call clients for follow up.
General review
Director (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAJune 23, 2017
Overall a good place to work. A little challenging to get to the Medford campus. Long days, work life balance isn't as advertised. Generally good people but lately there have been many people leaving. Compensation is not as competitive as other institutions/companies.
Administrative challenges
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 22, 2017
The University is in need of a major administrative overhaul based on the current level of job satisfaction and morale in the students, faculty, and staff.
Good Education
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAJune 5, 2017
Good environment for PhD education. Small department = lot's of attention. Research facilities are not exception, but good enough to get the job done.
Learning experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAMay 12, 2017
Great teaching school, learned a lot during my internship there. Would go back to learn more, very informative and interesting. Didn't get paid so can't give a fair rating for that.
Great internship
Independent Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 8, 2017
Great internship with my faculty advisor, the Sackler Schools options for faculty are great with an extensive scope for work and topics to explore as a student researcher
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 25, 2017
It was just an internship but the knowledge you get from it was extremely beneficial. Would highly recommend if given the opportunity to partake in the experience.
Fun place to wprk
Network Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAApril 13, 2017
The university was cool. Flexible working hour. Colleague were good. Management sucks. Management takes lot of time approve a change. I enjoyed working there.
Cool science.
Sr Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 9, 2017
Interesting research, independent work, nice scientist community.
open minded, Balanced work environment and great work ethics.
Loved the extra days for holidays.
The best college experience
Substitute Teacher for Dr. Paul Lehrman (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAMarch 29, 2017
I was a teacher assistant during the completion of my Master's Degree at Tufts. The experience was great and gave me many tools to work as a Music Teacher and Instructor.
Good PA Program
PA Student (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 28, 2017
This experience occurred at several places when I was a student at Tufts University. It was a great learning experience that will help set me up for my future career.
Work
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  North Grafton, MAMarch 15, 2017
A typical day is working on the clinic floor and assisting the veterinarian with daily appointments and procedures. I've learned all aspects of a hospital environment. The management is lacking proper training and applicable skills. The hardest part of the job is working with some people who are non compliant with their job description and lack of discipline. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with animals and the people who love them.
Pros
no weekend work required
Cons
lack of coverage for breaks and low employee retention