Tulalip Tribes Employee Reviews

No chance of advancement
Alternative Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Karen fryberg health clinicJanuary 16, 2018
I have not been promoted since I've been there because i am not tribal. I have tons of compliments on my work from clients. Job performance has been excellent
Pros
Health care, pay
Cons
Lack of leadership and no clear communication
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Marysvile, WAJanuary 4, 2018
Most management is ill equipped to work effectively with staff.

Lack of educated and trained staff.

Staff do not behave professionally with one another and in front of customers and clients.

The work environment is toxic and management fuels the fire rather than building their team.

Harassment, mobbing and bullying are tolerated and overlooked. HR is not trained to deal with these issues and will side against the worker.

I would not recommend working in the environment. The benefits and money are not worth the emotional abuse you must endure.
Pros
Great pay and health benefits
Cons
Toxic environment
Very compedative
Fill Bank Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulalip, WANovember 9, 2017
Great company. Employees are friendly. Safe and secure place to work. Pay is great and so are the benefits. They offer free workshops and free collage classes
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Its a 24 hour business
Beware if you're an "outsider"
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Tulalip, WAOctober 22, 2017
I consistently heard negative/racist comments about "white people" by coworkers, management and even youth who frequented. Their were homophobic comments, and racist comments against other races as well. It was in general an ongoing shocking "water cooler/break room" environment . The pay is good, the work is easy, but the environment is degrading and unethical...
Pros
Pay is good and the work is easy
Cons
Racist, and unpredictable
Great
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulalip, WAMay 16, 2017
I had learned great ways to cope with angry people as well as show a professional attitude towards customers. I also learned multitasking as well as using the cash register and using a 10 key calculator to count the register
Pros
Great oppurtunities
Cons
Shorts breaks
Most horrible agency
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulalip, WAMay 12, 2017
I worked for this agency and by far the most horrible place on my employment list. The workers are not supported and over worked. Management is inconsistent and they do not listen to their employees. When you work overtime they sometimes refuse to pay you. I will never recommend beda?chelh to anyone.
Pros
Cons
They do not care about their employees
Great for entry level
Employee Assistance Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tulalip, WAApril 13, 2017
This is very fulfilling work, but currently little opportunity for career advancement or promotions for non-Tribal employees. This is an ideal location for self-starters and people who like to learn independently. The Tribal culture is inspiring and the community is wonderful. It's a great place for anyone wanting more experience in multicultural service.
Pros
Great benefits plan, vibrant culture
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement, no benefits for spouses
Nice break room.
Bingo Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulalip, WAApril 6, 2017
The work place culture is really hard to break into to if you are not a tribal member. The job itself is not bad, but they are always watching to make sure you are following the rules down to the minute.
Pros
Free cake each month for bdays
Cons
Short breaks
Contracted Health Care Aide
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAApril 5, 2017
I was privately contacted for 2 individuals with developmental disabilities. I quite working with one family because she pulled a knife on me and the mom asked me not to tell the case manager. I made an appointment and told the case manager my safety concerns. Eventually my hours were cut for the second individual.
i loved working for the tulalip gambling bussinessess they always have maintained equal promoting within each department i worked in
boomcity fireworks (Current Employee) –  on tulalip reservationFebruary 26, 2017
i loved the tulalip gambling dpts if you work hard and prove yourself within the co they gave promotions and allowed each persons to thrive.i started working as a dishwasher at age 17 and because of my good attendance and my hard work i always HAD great opportunities to grow inside any departments.it was a great oppurtunity for me
Pros
discounted food. discounts in giftshops.allowed employee charges
Room for change
CPS Investigator (Current Employee) –  Tulalip, WASeptember 16, 2016
While this position had great compensation, there are many things that I would recommend change for. Specifically the divide and lack of support between management and front line employees. The nature of the work is traumatic in-and-of itself but also highly fulfilling. My relationships with my co-workers has been fantastic and I feel very supported by my team. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping children and families to become safer, healthier, and happier.
Good place to gain work eperience
Frontline Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tulalip, WAAugust 23, 2015
I enjoyed my jobs (fast food worker and frontline cashier) and the people I work with, however, the Human Resources department leaves much to be desired. Enough so that I am leaving the company.

The hardest parts about my job are being on my feet for hours at a time and the smokey environment. Everyone (including the guests) are pleasant and communicate well.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the relationships I have built with my co-workers. I have many friends and they make being on my feet for long hours easier to manage.

I have learned many things working with the casinos including patience, communication, various different computer programs and point of sales systems, and how to adapt to many different situations.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay, pleasant people, experience in a variety of situations
Cons
Human Resources
Something different everyday
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Tulalip, WANovember 12, 2014
Call clients and assit filling out forms on-line and or in person. I managed my own time. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the community.
Pros
felixible schedules
Cons
excellent benefits
Fun with co-workers!
Rewards Club Host (Current Employee) –  Tulalip, WAApril 29, 2014
My coworkers really made this a fun environment to work in! All different personality types yet we all can get along and get the job done, and make each other laugh in the process!

Worst part would be the little to no room for advancement.
Pros
Amazing health benefits!
Cons
No individual raises for all your hard work.
Professional but fun
On-Call Outreach Worker & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tulalip, WANovember 13, 2012
There is always something to do, and it is never boring. I learned a lot about the office work and what kind of work goes into a business. The manager is well informed, with a vast wealth of knowledge, and is always easy to approach and talk to. My co-workers were always hard workers but also knew how to have fun. The hardest part was learning all the knowledge at first starting at this job, but as time went on it became second nature. The most enjoyable part of working here was being able to be apart of the team and seeing how far I've grown.
Pros
long lunches, good buildings, snacks/drinks provided
Cons
wish there was more training
Growing Tribe initiating sovereign rights to become self sufficient
Elder Protection Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulalip WAAugust 20, 2012
A high stress environment full of emotion and hardship due to the nature of the position.
Pros
opporutnity for advancement with respect for culture and tradition
Cons
political environment on sovereign land
Short term job to handle required needs
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulalip, WAApril 26, 2012
Access all tribal departments and all tribal assests that require a tag. Create and maintain files for each department. Update on daily basis
Pros
seeing all tribal employees on daily basis
Cons
short term position