Tulane Medical Center

Tulane Medical Center Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work the co worker are cool but the management suck
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 5, 2017
Tulane is a ok job that pay is ok it could be better for all the work you do it's a fast pace and management suck really suck bad they really dont know how to talk to you and you get blame for everything need better management
Pros
free parking
Cons
short breaks
Trying to be a real hospital so the administration can pocket the money
Physician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 6, 2016
The hospital lives off the reputation of the university. The administration are misfit money suckers that are promoted because they were troublemakers and useless in their previous jobs. The hospital corporation of america sucks the hospital dry and doesn't put any meaningful money back into patient care.
If you identify a problem, YOU get labeled as a TROUBLEMAKER.

If you are ready to go to the bottom of the barrel, then go here.
Pros
You dont have to do any work
Cons
Your life becomes meaningless and you get blamed arbitrarily
Great work enviornment and an awesome team.
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 3, 2016
This was my first MA job and where I received most of my experience from. It was a busy fast pace OB/GYN and MFM clinic with 2 Gyn Oncologist. I really don't have one bad thing or what to consider the hardest part of my job there because it was a fun team and staff. We all really loved what we did which made it a very pleasant and enjoyable environment for us as well as the patients. Management was always fair and easy going.
Tulane Medical Center
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  LabSeptember 19, 2016
I have to admit working for this company was horrible, but I like the patient more then the employees. The trainer I had had attitude and the co-workers was horrible as well, everyone was uptight and did they own thing. NO TEAM WORK at all. The techs was no help at all when you ask questions. The manager/supervisor promoted the mess in the work place and disappeared when you look for answers. I did not not understand this environment at all, so I took my skills and experience else where. It sad to have to make this review. Tulane Medical Center needs to do better.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No teamwork, work hours, attitudes from all staffs
Okay job
Dietary Worker (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 7, 2016
Tulane is a good place to work with decent pay but there is no room for advancement. Also, the management at the time never stood up for the employees. Also, if they make you full time, they drop your pay by a dollar.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No advancement
Bad assistant director
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 26, 2017
Worked to hard to get paid so little.
Supervisors are disrespectfull.
Gets involved into your personal life that has nothing to do with the job.
Will not go back .
Patient services coordinator
Patients accounts coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans,LAJune 11, 2015
Got pertinent medical information on patients ready for physicians.
Scheduled procedures for specialists. Checked patients in and out, entered patient demographics and medical information into computer
to facilitate care of patients. I loved dealing with patients, nurses and physicians to make sure patients had the best care possible. The hardest part of my job was dealing with coworkers to get them to prioritize their duties.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
coworkers who didn't get along
Caring Place to Work
MOA/CSC (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 29, 2015
Working at Tulane is very fun and adventerous. I have experienced som hard times at TUMC and they were here to back me up with so much love and support.
Pros
Close to home, Off on Weekends
Cons
No Paid Benefits, Short Lunches, Berevement Help
PRN HR office assistant
HR Secretary (PRN) (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 29, 2012
This position offered an array of variety, working in various departments and clinics assisting clinic and hospital staff with tasks. Duties involved but not limited to answering phones, directing/assisting patients or guests with directions, parking, collecting co-pays, verifying insurance benefits. Managment in all departments were extremely helpful and offered assistance when needed. The drawback to this position was the lack of hours available.
Automated Car Wash Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70112June 1, 2016
everyday at work a employee had good story to tell, I learn OSHA, managers were people that kept a open door policy, no hard part about this job, making people smile was the good part about that work
Great doctors to work for
CUSTOMER SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 7, 2013
Great patients as well as doctors electronic medical records is a plus for patients registration process is exciting getting to know the patient as well as their needs. Hardest part not finding out someone had expired.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short lunch breaks
Great place friendly people
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 7, 2016
Getting to work already knowing what to do . Never had a problem easy job .Hardest part nothing.Eaiest part the whole job
Can't keep anyone
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Uptown ClinicJanuary 6, 2016
Loved the patients but the management over looks so much in the clinic. Hours are always cut, pay is not the best, a lot of drama, the only good thing was the experience and patients.
Pros
Patients
Cons
pay, management, some doctors, drama, unethical practices
Not steady in keeping employees who are full time on a full time schedule
Medical Office Assistant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 12, 2015
The flexing of all employees has become a problem for the employees to survive and make a decent living. It is becoming hard to manage basic living. Need full time work and pay, not just full time work with less pay, due to flexing.
Pros
Free parking
An average place to work
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 4, 2016
Did not like the uptight atmosphere. Everyone was watching over your shoulders from co-wokers to supervisors. Pay was not that great
Pros
experienced working for tulane
Cons
location
Tulane Hospital
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 29, 2015
I loved working in a workplace where the job itself makes your day go by and we get to enjoy interesting conversations as we continue to work thru the day
Pros
we got to enjoy our free meals
Cons
we learned to get the jobs done as quickly as possible
Tone Deaf
Technologist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 20, 2013
What I have learned is that there is no room for advancement at Tulane. PRN staff really just there to give benefited staff a great work schedule. You will not be given a benefited position no matter how qualified you are. They will hire externally.

Certain managers discriminate openly against minority employees and patients. Rules are different for each employee. They will retaliate if you voice your concerns about fair treatment.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Sneaky supervisors /Dead end job

Comment – March 10, 2014

PRN employees are REQUIRED to rotate weekends, nights and holidays. Seems like a contradiction to me - BEWARE!!!!!

Horrible leadership
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 8, 2014
Need an overhaul of leadership. No support given to employees. No job security. 3 major layoffs in 2 years. Culture is horrible and stuck in old ways. Loose great people because of politics. Poor patient care. Would never recommend.
Pros
convenient and easy to get a job
Cons
Everything else
Productive Workplace
Apheresis RN (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 23, 2013
• Assess patient status relative to therapeutic apheresis, prior and during procedures, utilizing nursing process. Patient assessment to include laboratory testing results and other clinically significant procedures.
• Patient Assessment and Intervention
• Administer Blood Products and medications
• Documentation of Apheresis Procedures
• Administer Chemotherapeutic Medications
• Operation of Equipment to Perform Procedures
• Provides professional nursing care across practice settings and the continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family.
• Performs donor phlebotomy including whole blood and donor apheresis procedures
• Accept responsibility for patient safety of the Stem Cell Transplant services in clinical practice environment
• Evaluates donors for potential reactions and implements interventions to prevent such.
• Obtains informed consent.
It was a fun place to work which made your day go fast.
Patient Acct Representative/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 29, 2015
We get in the office in the morning and early and drink coffee and give morning greetings. Each day I learn a better way of dealing with customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with people, I love people.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tulane Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9