Tulane Medical Center

Tulane Medical Center Employer Reviews

flexible
PCA (Former Employee), New OrleansSeptember 10, 2014
Cons: old as beds like from before katrina and pt's shared rm's
scheduling was flexible, I had great experience with tulane.
Love this job
Patient Access Coordinator/Call Center (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 26, 2014
• Retrieve reservation/notification of scheduled admission
• Utilize Meditech MOX communication systems to facilitate communication with hospital system
• Perform pre-registration and insurance verification
• Assign I-Plan accurately, via the use of the Medtech and IDX system
• Contact patient via phone( with as much advance notice as possible, preferably – more... 48 hours or obtain missing demographic, quote/collect patient cost share, and instruction of appointment – less
Horrible leadership
Practice Manager (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: convenient and easy to get a job
Cons: everything else
Need an overhaul of leadership. No support given to employees. No job security. 3 major layoffs in 2 years. Culture is horrible and stuck in old ways. Loose great people because of politics. Poor patient care. Would never recommend.
productive work place
MOA/CSC Call Center Rep (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 1, 2014
steady paced ,
great coworkers,
great work hours
didnt like answering the phone so much
sending messages was pointless
Healthcare
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 18, 2014
interesting place to work and be productive as well as meeting and interacting with new people
Employee Family.
Medical Office Assistant/USC (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 26, 2014
Tulane employees has a great co-worker friend relationship. I know everybody at the hospital and everybody knows me. Greeted by smiles everyday and that makes the day go well.
Flex Pool
Telemetry Unit - Flex Pool Nurse (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 13, 2014
Pros: flex schedule
I worked 8, 12, or 16 hour shifts.

I worked mostly on telemetry and med-surgical floors.

The hardest part of job was lifting heavy patients.
fast-paced academic hospital
current employee (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAFebruary 18, 2014
I love working for Tulane Hospital. It's certainly not perfect, but I feel that most of the time supervisors are willing to work to help fix things as needed. Patients are great, and I feel supported in growing as a professional.
great place to grow
RN, Surgical ICU (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Started working in SICU, then became liver transplant coordinator; loved my job, but my children were little and job was very demanding, but enjoyable
Fun Place to work.
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LaOctober 21, 2013
A very busy OB/Gyn clinic. My job was to triage, assist, and stock in the clinic. Our team was great. We were a small clinc but produced a very high volume of work. the hardest part was keeping pace with the volume of calls and walk-ins in our small clinic but our management team would step in when needed to help keep the flow of clinic moving. I only – more... left this job because of the hurrican that forced me to move to Texas. – less
Tone Deaf
Technologist (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 20, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: sneaky supervisors /dead end job
What I have learned is that there is no room for advancement at Tulane. PRN staff really just there to give benefited staff a great work schedule. You will not be given a benefited position no matter how qualified you are. They will hire externally.

Certain managers discriminate openly against minority employees and patients. Rules are different for – more... each employee. They will retaliate if you voice your concerns about fair treatment. – less

March 10, 2014

PRN employees are REQUIRED to rotate weekends, nights and holidays. Seems like a contradiction to me - BEWARE!!!!!

Busy
RRT (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 17, 2013
Depends which floor or unit you are assigned.
Floor therapy is simple breathing treatments, MDI, O2 checks, and patient assessment.

In ICU's we handle vented patients with ABG lab works.

In ER we deal with emergency intubation, status asthmatics, traumas, and rescue bipaps.
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee), Metairie, LASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare
Under staff
Leadership
Great
team players
working understaff
making someones day
Productive and fun workplace.
Radiology Transcription/Secretary (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 16, 2013
Pros: it was a great experience.
Cons: long commute.
I worked here as a Radiology transcriptionist. It was a small department, but we were a compatible bunch. The only reason I left was to take a job closer to home to be nearer to my children.
poor management and low morale
food service (Former Employee), new orleans laMay 15, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: everything else
very busy days because a lot of people call in on a job. Bullies are everywhere, racists are everywhere.So glad i am out. It was worst place to work ever!
GREAT DOCTORS TO WORK FOR
CUSTOMER SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 7, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short lunch breaks
GREAT PATIENTS AS WELL AS DOCTORS ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS IS A PLUS FOR PATIENTS REGISTRATION PROCESS IS EXCITING GETTING TO KNOW THE PATIENT AS WELL AS THEIR NEEDS. HARDEST PART NOT FINDING OUT SOMEONE HAD EXPIRED.
Favoritism rules, poor patient care
RRT (Former Employee), NOLAFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: $$
Cons: hard to use vacation time
1. We knew what kind of night we would have based on who the shift supervisor was going to be. Many coworkers were awesome! But several were terrible and never seemed to get reprimanded.

2. The patients are guinea pigs, and even employees don't want to send any family members there. Codes are a joke, RTs and RNs are better at running them than the – more... Residents/Interns.

3. DIRTY, old outdated decor and equipment, with very few private rooms, HIPPA gets violated daily. Two patients and all their equipment, plus all the baggage from family that stay, means very crowded rooms. – less
Work environment ruled by politics
med tech (Current Employee), labFebruary 10, 2013
Laboratory results are sometimes incorrect. When discovered, they are covered up. If the responsible tech is a friend of the Laboratory Director he/she is not sanctioned. If you are an ethic laboratory professional, I would not recommend that you work here.
Productive Workplace
Apheresis RN (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 23, 2013
• Assess patient status relative to therapeutic apheresis, prior and during procedures, utilizing nursing process. Patient assessment to include laboratory testing results and other clinically significant procedures.
• Patient Assessment and Intervention
• Administer Blood Products and medications
• Documentation of Apheresis Procedures
• Administer – more... Chemotherapeutic Medications
• Operation of Equipment to Perform Procedures
• Provides professional nursing care across practice settings and the continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family.
• Performs donor phlebotomy including whole blood and donor apheresis procedures
• Accept responsibility for patient safety of the Stem Cell Transplant services in clinical practice environment
• Evaluates donors for potential reactions and implements interventions to prevent such.
• Obtains informed consent. – less
Things are getting better!!!
ER Registrar (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: short breaks
I enjoy working for this company! New Management changing work environment for the better! Co Workers are awesome, which is the most enjoyable part.

February 10, 2013

Despite this person's rosy evaluation of the work environment at TMC, it does not apply to all departments. The Laboratory is notorious for politics. More than one employee has found himself/herself dismissed because of running afoul of the Lab Manager. A tech who was known to release incorrect results....at least once on a transplant patient....suffered no sanctions because she and the Manager were friends. In fact, the tech who discovered the errors and reported them, after proving that the results were in error, was summarily dismissed. Administration was NOT supportive of the latter tech. So be very careful about taking a job at TMC, unless you are willing to ignore mediocre performance by employees that are "connected."

About Tulane Medical Center

Tulane Medical Center, an acclaimed teaching, research and medical facility serving the greater New Orleans area, began in 1834 – Read more