Tulane Medical Center Employee Reviews

great coworkers
Registered Nurse, Intensive (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70112November 4, 2017
I work with a great group of coworkers. The type of patient care we provide is optimal and I feel like people notice when you do well. I would recommend working here.
Teamwork
Risk Manager and Patient Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 31, 2017
I worked at Tulane Health System for ten years and thoroughly enjoyed my years there. The environment is very accepting and friendly. Teamwork amongst staff is a definite benefit.
Great place to be employed
Patient Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 24, 2017
I enjoyed working at tulane they are the highest paying hospital in the city and have awesone benefits as well great place to be apart if I didnt have to leave due to maternity I would still be employed there
Pros
The pay the food the work environment
Cons
The hours
not at this time
Employment Specialist Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 16, 2017
terrible leadership all through out my time at Tulane wouldn't recommend for anyone to apply. Are not concerned about employee relations. This could have changed if all leadership is gone
Low paying Company
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 28, 2017
Tulane is a low paying company, but there is room for advancement within the company. Some of the doctors are very friendly and pleasant to speak with.
Pros
Discount on Lunch
Cons
Hours of work are often cut
An OK place to work for a recent graduate... and management are horrible.
Student/Assistant, PRN (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 19, 2017
I did my clinical rotation here last year and got a job as PRN. It's an OK place to start, but it needs improvement badly. Compared to my other clinical rotations at UMC and VA, this place is very outdated. Buildings, equipments, etc... You can't provided "world class service" to patients if equipments are constantly not working. Very frustrating at times.

Also, if there is an extremely low volume of patients, your hours get cut short. Worse for part-time and full-time employees as they are forced to use their PTO to pay themselves, which is not cool.
Pros
Coworkers are super nice, helpful, and knowledgable.
Cons
Hours constantly cut short. If certified, no pay raise as PRN. Very outdated equipments.
Great place to work Top notch management
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 30, 2017
organized modern methods State of the art Very pleasant work atmosphere Rotating departments in the lab never loose skills
Leaving here was a mistake Ochner bought me large sign on and raise after Hurricane Leaving Tulane was my biggest career mistake
Pros
Great work culture State of rhe art Instrumentation
Cons
parking and working downtown
Productive and Caring
Clerical/Chart Completion Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70112July 30, 2017
Tulane Medical Center was the best place to work at. The staff was caring and knowlegeable. I loved working with the staff and nurses at Tulane Medical. The physicians are very caring and knowledgeable.
Pros
Staff and co-workers
Cons
The location
productive and fun place to work
Patient Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 27, 2017
Great place to work. I was happy everyday walking into the doors. the patients were so nice and courteous. The best of the best doctors were found at Tulane.
Pros
awesome employees
Cons
healthcare
Can only speak to when I was there
Registered Nurse, Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 21, 2017
Upper management was horrible. If you weren't in the "clique" you were treated poorly.

It was more about the money and not patient care.

Work/life balance was non-existent.
a typical work place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 6, 2017
I loved my job and the patients.i learned to love, understand and listen to people more from watching & interacting with people through out the hospital.also I learned more on ignoring negativity energy.
Pros
hard workers
Productive and amazing place to work
Medical Office Assistt (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 3, 2017
Tulane is a very wonderful place for employment. They take really good care of their employees. There's always room for advancement. Tulane was the best place I have ever worked for.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
short lunch break
Toughest Job I Ever Loved!!
ED Nurse and Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 28, 2017
I worked the emergency room and while it was a steady flow of anything and everything, I could not have worked with a better group of individuals. I would have continued to work there as long as possible if it had been up to me, but my husband who also worked there was tired of the commute.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Downtown New Orleans, nothing to do with the facility.
not a bad place to work good fun people to work with just not enough pay
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 15, 2017
The people you work with you get to know and become friends and makes work fun and more easier and they order pizza every once in a while for us and that always cool
Pros
had a real nice lunch room just for us
Cons
bad management at times and sometimes have layoffs
Lovely city
Office Assistant/Pt Care Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 28, 2017
The HR department does not deal with rampant racism from their staff who have been there long term. I had a trainer who decided that they did not like me for asking questions and told be to leave. I brought up to my manager and director and HR never did anything with the individual who is still working there.
Pros
Great food
Cons
No work to be done. There is a lot of down time.
The Tulane Culture is antiquated.
RN Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 24, 2017
Tulane is very much behind the times in many ways. It is a difficult adjustment if you have been to a bigger city hospital. The compensation is very competitive.
Fast paced
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 6, 2017
Very fasted paced environment. You learn a lot working at Tulane. As a nurse, one thing I can say for sure working a Tulane downtown is that you never lose your skills(starting IV's, drawing blood, EKG's, wound care, trach care, etc because the nurses do it all!!! At this hospital you EARN every penny you make that's for sure.
Pros
Flex scheduling, in house residents, staff/coworkers are very friendly
Cons
Always looking for equipment, 1:6 patient ratio can be very stressful
fun
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 27, 2017
loved working in a diverse environment with the ability to serve those that by my diverse experiences had the knowledge on how to do so more effectively.
Good!
Externship (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 27, 2017
Good place to work people are very friendly and willing to teach. I suggest working with the company they are very helpful and knowledgeable. Great people!
fast paced, med surg unit
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 14, 2017
typical day starts with you on skates, you take off and just go! busy floor with numerous admits and discharges, fast paced and often chaotic. You learn a lot of your skills on a unit like this whether you are ready or not. Majority of coworkers are friendly and helpful and lightens the load depending on which shift you work. Hardest part is keeping it all together! Most enjoyable is flexibility with scheduling, co workers and laid back environment and also the doctors you work with.
Pros
laid back, nurse flexibility and freedom, helpful staff
Cons
equipment shortages, fast pace, nurse to patient ratio/acuity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tulane Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Tulane Medical Center Reviews by Location