Tulane University Employee Reviews

Tulane University
Mail Technician (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 13, 2017
A great family orientated organization that rewards hard work and honest effort. The benefits are great and the resources are plentiful. If you are looking to start a career and grow into it, then tulane is the place for you.
Pros
Free Schooling, Great Benefits, Most Holidays off
Cons
Starting pay, lack of raises.
awesome place to work
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 29, 2017
This company continues to grow! I've been here for 10 years and I have no regrets. The employees are caring and loving but always working as a team. A great place to call WORK!!!
ok
Research Assistant, (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 23, 2017
This job was a good research position in which I learned a lot. It taught me academia and public programming al at once. great training ground for a new graduate.
Good College Job
Desk Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 13, 2017
If you're going to get a job at Tulane, I definitely recommend trying to become a DSC as it's a very simple and fun job! It is also a great job for people who want to get to know the different faces of the building. For example, I work in the say dorm I live in, so I not only get to see my friends as they walk past, but I also get to meet many new people who live in my building.
Pros
Short shifts, easy work, flexible schedule
Cons
Graveyard shifts
Tulane busy work environment
Administrative Legal Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 9, 2017
The Office of the General Counsel is a good department to work in at the University. OGC has team members who are eager to assist each other in completing the many projects handled by that office.
Pros
Good work environment and excellent benefits
Cons
No consistency between departments
Flexible hours and learning of computer skills
Student Worker - Public Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 9, 2017
The job was flexible around my school schedule and the bosses were good. In a typical day you troubleshoot various problems with computers as well as sometimes larger issues. The management worked well together. The hardest part of the job was that sometimes an issue came up outside of the normal problems however they were addressed immediately. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexible hours that we were allowed to make around our schedule.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Good bosses
Cons
Organization of tasks could have been better
Good work life balance
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 8, 2017
I've had many opportunities at Tulane, but a lot of that has to do with my mentor. Tulane, much like New Orleans, works at a slower pace, but still has a great culture.
Great atomsphere
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 3, 2017
Tulane has a great atmosphere to work in. However the salary motivates you to seek different employment.

Health benefits are unbeatable and paid time off is a plus.
Pros
Beautiful campus, caring coworkers
Cons
Salary
Productive university
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 10, 2017
I was a graduate student at Tulane. They have excellent faculty to work with, but finding support is difficult. Graduate student stipends are reasonable, compared to other programs.
I just wrote a full review of this & there's no Exit option here
Healthcare Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 6, 2017
Tulane was fabulous back in the day. It's slipped into last place in the market since then. But while it was good, I learned a ton; brought valuable skills to the table; helped a lot of patients & physicians & staff members; & was rewarded very well fiscally for doing great consulting work there for four years.
Pros
Top of the market (back in the day)
Cons
Needed better security in the garages
N/u
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 31, 2017
I can not describe a typical day at this facility. You are assigned multiple task and limited time to produce. The culture is diverse. You meet a lot of new people and gain experiences however management does not want you to socialize. Its all about a dollar bill
Efficient pool establishment
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 29, 2017
Enforce protocol and maintain order in pool area, perform all necessary
pool maintenance of pool and surrounding areas, help patrons with any
questions or needs, coordinate and instruct swim lessons.
Productive, Demanding, Important
Benefits/Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 7, 2017
At typical work day consisted of helping administratively in the department. Talking to an employer, vendor, department, etc. everyday calling with an insurance question, or processing benefits claims.
Pros
Surrounded by beautiful people each day, Good Salary, Lots of Paid time Off
Cons
The day ends, and it's time to go home.
Great
Medical Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAJanuary 2, 2017
It's a great place to work, the coworkers and atmosphere of the Primate Center are chill. The benefits are pretty amazing as well.
School Certifying Official (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJanuary 2, 2017
Tulane is an outstanding organization to work for. I enjoy my job and working with the students. I also enjoy working with the Veteran students and helping them succeed.
Fun and productive work/learning experience.
Revenue Cycle Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 16, 2016
I've worked at HCA for 17 years. Everyday was pleasant and I enjoyed my job. I had the oppurnity to learn various tasks in many differnt areas of Health Care. My Co-workers were pleasant and wasy to work with. The hardest part of my job was the change in managenment. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with patients and in customer service, helping them to smile and assure them of quality health care.
Pros
Awards were given for reconigition of quality work.
Cons
Management change.
productive work environment
Department Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 30, 2016
Tulane is a company that focuses on best quality care. There are many different departments and the departments work well ensuring that both the patients and students receive what they need.
My work experience
Violin Faculty (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 18, 2016
I have been working as a teacher, performer, and volunteer organization. Moreover, recently, I was business owner for music café. I have learned all kinds of age's group and customer's desire. Moreover, I have been working for peace day event through music and learned of appreciation of being musician. Therefore, I would like to continue what I have learned and will continue to learn for new experience.
Work Environment
Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bogalusa, LASeptember 16, 2016
I work with a group of wonderful ladies, and the work schedule is very flexible. The work schedule allows me to spend more time with my family.
data mining through big files
Researcher of Alumni Information Update Program (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 30, 2016
I always looked for data from 10-k all day along and filtered it through excel. The work really improved my searching skills and shaped my prudence.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tulane University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3