Tulane University Employee Reviews

Relaxed research
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 27, 2016
Literature research in the Latin American Library was my favorite, hours were flexible for being a student. Nothing was hard about the job besides being able to sync EndNote into Box and also finding storage memory on my phone for scanning/copying pages
very nice
informal rec (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 25, 2016
i spent 4 months working there part-time. every employees are nice to me and the managers had been teaching me stuff. i've learned how to cooperate with others and communicate with customers.
Temp Position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 30, 2015
•Enter transfer credits, major declarations, and update worksheets for Tulane students.
•Provide direct administrative support to the Department of Comparative Medicine.
•Submit animal orders for research and testing.
•Maintain calendar for Veterinarian surgery schedules.
•Enter data into database programs, fax, copy, file and distribute mail throughout dept.
Tuland University is a fun and productive place to work.
Account Analyst 3rd Party Accounts (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 23, 2015
Tulane University is a diverse company. The campus is busy seven days a week. Tulane do reward their employees with time off during the Christmas and New Year holidays. My co-workers are great group of people and we work well together. The hardest part of the job is letting calls from unhappy parents and trying to keep them happy with Tulane University.
Pros
Time off, healthcare, flexiable work schedule, free tuition for self and children, special events, etc.
Cons
Low pay, hard to move up the ladder
A great place to work!
Accounting Office/Property Accounting (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 13, 2015
A day at work is always interesting in my field. I'm in contact with so many people each day. Constantly keeping track of university and grant funds. I've learned so much in my nineteen years. The most enjoyable thing has been interacting with so many different people. You can always learn something new.
Pros
Stability
Great opportunities
SR HRIS/BENEFITS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 8, 2015
Fun place to work the Benefits team are wiling to work hard to ensure the employees are happy. The best of job is making a difference with the employee. The most part of my current job is learning a new system and being challenged to write reports and assist with some of the compliance issues we are facing.
Pros
Free Tution
great job love it
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 14, 2015
fun place to work,everyone was a team player and always got the job done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 GREAT!!!1
Pros
off on weekends
Cons
work day after holiday
Great atmosphere and incredibly friendly people to work with at the Reily Center
Group Fitness Instructor & Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 21, 2015
It was such a blast teaching group fitness classes at Tulane's Reilly Center. The other instructors were very friendly and the members were so much fun to interact with on a daily/weekly basis. Also, management was very open to any suggestions or ideas that my coworkers and I came up with and they took swift action to get it done.
Tulane University
Student Worker/Clerical Aide I (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 19, 2015
I loved working with the children and watching them succeed. I also worked at other places in Tulane University. It was a great experience.
Great oppurtunity for research
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 6, 2015
Tulane University offers great opportunity to gain experience for undergraduate research. I had the opportunity to work with LabView in order to automate physics laboratory instruments.
Too much turmoil
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 30, 2015
The "Tulane" reputation is quite true. It is big business, there is little concern for the community, and things are managed with only the interest of major donors in mind. Specifically, the smaller institutions attached to Tulane have horrible management- or mismanagement-, are only focused on the bottom line and treat their employees as numbers. Fortunately, this is not true of all departments and institutes associated with Tulane. There are several examples of great leadership, caring approaches to business practices and good, ethical decisions. The salary is great. The benefits are also pretty good.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Career Advancement, management, decision making
Worked in a really awesome athletic ticket office, w/ every sport team you can think of
Apprentice Ticket Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 24, 2015
Working with Tulane University as one of there head ticket coordinator has been the best experience of my life. Working baseball, basketball, and football games were always amazing. Best time of my life..
Pros
Snack room, coffee room, anything you could ask for.
Cons
N/A
Student Worker/Clerical Aide I (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 23, 2015
I learned so much in this office. This office has lead me in so many positive directions, and I couldn't be more thankful.
Co-workers are nice people.
CTU Research Nurse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 20, 2015
I have been in research for the past 17 years. Although the name of the department and department heads has changed several times, I have always been employed at Tulane University throughout my research career.

Presently everyday is different. Either: Tackling IRB email issues, developing study related documents, assisting other coordinators, meeting with investigators, preparing IRB submission documents, recruiting or calling subjects or preparing for study visits. My day is full of things to do. There is always a to do list that never seems to end.

I have learned much over the past 17 years about coordinating studies. The in's , outs' and shortcuts to coordinating. Still learning, everyday.

Management - Tulane is not a employee friendly employer. Little room for advancement or raises. Been experiencing this for quite sometime. Had enough and ready for a change.

Co-workers are fun. I train for local runs with one co-worker.

Hardest part - Knowing that I am not being compensated for the amount of years I have been doing this job.

Enjoyable part - meeting new people.
Pros
Tuition waiver
Cons
One CTU Nurse coordinator doing the job of 3. No help
Great organization with many opportunities.
Critical Care RN/ED/CVRA (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 11, 2015
A typical day would include would include preop of 15-20 patients including H&P, labs , and diagnostic testing as ordered.
All patient information was entered into a computer system which was interfaced with cath lab.
Post-op recovery of patients with varied levels of acuity.
Make phone calls of elective patients for the following day.
Timely restocking of unit prior to closing.
Shifts varied from 12-16 hour days.
HCA paid for my graduate school without commitment.
Pros
Fellow nurses
Cons
size of unit based on volume serviced.
Everyone was hard working in my department. It was a team we all helped each other
Outpatient coder II (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 23, 2015
A typical day at work. I receive my work from a co-worker who's duty is to clean and scan ER records. I work a list of all outstanding OB?GYN accounts when I am finished with the ER records.

I have learned a lot from the Inpatient coding as far as coding certain diagnosis'. Management has always been fair and kind to me.
I love my co-workers and will miss them. Another company is taking over.

The hardest part of my job is trying to get the Physicians to document properly and complete their records.

The most enjoyable part of my job is all of the people that I became friends with over the last 16 years that work in other departments, it's a small hospital so every one knows each other.

I miss working for Tulane-Lakeside Hospital. My co-workers are great and more like family.
Pros
I loved that job and know exactly what was expected of me.
Cons
another company is taking over and splitting up a great team
I great employer where there is room to advance.
School of Liberal Art, Office of the Dean (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 10, 2015
I open my office job my daily jobs duties and work through out the day until it is time to close the office. I enjoy working for Tulane University and I plan to retire from this employer.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
N/A
Flexible working time and friendly team
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 31, 2015
I learnt to work well with teammates from all over the world. We do this job in our leisure time so we have to manage time and accomplish our goal efficiently. Our work is result-oriented.
i love my job
CENTRAL STERILE WORKER (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 16, 2015
the work load never stop, my co-work are fun to work with you learn something new everyday, I enjoy what I do, everyone is easy to get along with
Pros
enjoy what i do
Cons
breaks not long enough
Productive working atmosphere which provided challenges which resulted in high-profitablity and success filled with opportunities for advancement.
Senior Department Admionistrator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 22, 2015
My work week consisted of 35% of my time working with clinical operations (inpatient and outpatient), 30% of my working with Government Agencies, Contracts, and Vendors, 20% working on Financial Analysis, Forecasting, and Budgets, 15% spent managing Clinical and Non-Clinical Staff, Physicians, Nurses, Fellows, Residents, and Students.
Pros
committed and supportive workplace filled the challenges necessary for professional growth.
Cons
employee parking was expensive and should assessed.

4.3