Tulane University

Tulane University Employer Reviews

i love my job
CENTRAL STERILE WORKER (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: enjoy what i do
Cons: breaks not long enough
the work load never stop, my co-work are fun to work with you learn something new everyday, I enjoy what I do, everyone is easy to get along with
Productive working atmosphere which provided challenges which resulted in high-profitablity and success filled with opportunities for advancement.
Senior Department Admionistrator (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: committed and supportive workplace filled the challenges necessary for professional growth.
Cons: employee parking was expensive and should assessed.
My work week consisted of 35% of my time working with clinical operations (inpatient and outpatient), 30% of my working with Government Agencies, Contracts, and Vendors, 20% working on Financial Analysis, Forecasting, and Budgets, 15% spent managing Clinical and Non-Clinical Staff, Physicians, Nurses, Fellows, Residents, and Students.
Just a so so University
Instructor (Faculty Appointment) (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAFebruary 13, 2015
Life at Tulane can be easy. But don't talk about benefit.
The overall working pace here is nothing about quick and efficiently.
Educational
Masters Student (Former Employee), New Orleans LAJanuary 25, 2015
Working towards earning my Masters of Science degree. Learning very informational and engaging techniques and information regarding molecular practices and different species' live histories.
ALUMNI AFFAIRS, Sr. Program Coordinator (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 13, 2015
Tulane University is a great place to work with excellent benefits. The University offers tuition waivers for employees, spouse, and children.
The greatest on earth
Evening pharmacy supervisor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: knowledge, family, accomplishment
I was not aware of how great this hospital was until after Hurricane Katrina hit. I would hear stories of people in waiting rooms that came from miles and mile away because of the care they receive there. I always thought that great care was a part of my job. And to be surrounded by such knowledgable and accomplished coworkers, even down to the technicians. I learned how to be a great pharmacist there. Not just how to do by job great, but to be a great person and a leader. It was the best team of people that I have ever worked with. There wasn't any cutting corners or
A place to learn new task
Medical Assistant/Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 5, 2015
I enjoy working with my patients, the hardest thing at work is the favoritism among employees. I love the fact that I am able to learn new things on a daily basis.
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 21, 2014
Productive and fun workplace. There is a scope to work more using rhesus macaque model. Facilities are optimal. The center runs on NH funding only. Coworkers are good to work with.
Nice Research Place
Physics Research Intern (Former Employee), New Orleans-LADecember 17, 2014
very good place for Undergraduate Research (REU) at Tulane Univ. I was offered this research since I have been doing good at school, maintaining high GPA. I learned a lot and the pay was good too.
Great work/life balance
Institutional Interest Coordinator (Former Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 10, 2014
Working for a fantastic university in a fun town is amazing.
Educational, challenging, rewarding
Research (Current Employee), Payson CenterDecember 2, 2014
Pros: flex schedule for writing.
Cons: lots of intense deadlines
I have worked with Tulane University for over a decade at various jobs. My experience there was challenging and filled with satisfaction. Co-workers were from all over the world and I had the opportunity to travel. I particularly liked traveling to Africa to work on grants and attend international meetings with USAID. I learned how to manage multimillion dollar grants, oversee consultants, organize grant activities and goals and meticulous reporting methods. The hardest part of the job was juggling changing time zones when deadlines had to be met, but it was not an insurmountable obstacle and we created systems that were efficacious and productive.
Tulane University
Classics Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Jones HallNovember 30, 2014
I am privileged to have the opportunity to work at Tulane. I have learned and grown a great deal while working here.
Great place to work for, there is room to grow!
Accountant (Current Employee), New Orleans, LANovember 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits package
Cons: parking is not paid for, especially if you work downtown
I have learned that I have gained the opportunity to expand my experiences and there is plenty of room for growth.
No Room For advancement
Gift Records Specialist (Current Employee), New OrleansNovember 6, 2014
Great place to work if you are ok with no advancement. You'll only be promoted so far unless you know someone, even with education.
assist professor with the teaching
Department Assistant (Current Employee), New OrleansNovember 1, 2014
 Searched cases for students’ presentations once a week and drew up the ancillary questions to the cases, which greatly improve the efficiency and released the professor’s burden
 Solved academic problems for students, enhanced their academic competency, and improved the average grade about 5% at the mid-term this semester compared with previous years
Patient Care
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 10, 2014
Provided health information, referrals, scheduled/cancelled clinical appointments, specialty screenings, educational classes, physician to physician referrals, transfer and admits, to all patients in a timely and professional manner. Proficient in eCW (eClinical Works, clinical scheduling) MEDITECH/IDX (Clinical Scheduling Software), and EMC (Electronic Medical Records). Followed the guidelines set for by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Joint Commission Accreditation Healthcare Organization (JCAHO) regarding patient confidentiality, privacy and patient quality of care, also Patient Safety and Quality Improvement (PSQIA). Demonstrated advance knowledge of medical record/health information guidelines, techniques, and procedures. Answered, documented and coordinated customer/patient calls; collecting accurate data; provided succinct directions, and accurate information. Ensured follow-up and completion of every call. Maintained physicians’ and patients’ database to facilitate efficient time management and expedite continuity of calls. Worked closely with medical personnel to coordinate timely and cost effective delivery of services. Processed patient and physician appointment scheduling requests. Performed various statistic and clerical functions in support of department operations, entered and documents calls into database systems. Performed and documented outbound calls for follow-up, patient satisfaction surveys and other service utilization studies. Performed various statistic and clerical functions in support of department operations. Determined – more... and obtained patient payment and/or payer reimbursement requirements for in/outpatient services. Verified eligibility and benefits, obtained pre/certification/authorization, collected payments. Experience in working effectively in fast paced, high call volume environment. Strong computer skills. Working knowledge of telecommunications using multiple phone lines or ACD system. Performed other duties as assigned. – less
It was a great experience. My supervisor is a good person.The timwork was respectfull, helpfull and hardwork
Utility worker (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: excellens benefits
Cons: after 6 1/2 years, i cannot continue working with them because the job closed
A ll my days were similar. I hard worked.
All my co-workers were respectfull. I knew differents managers.
I have worked for many years
Utility worker (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: excellens benefits
A ll my days were similar. I hard worked.
All my co-workers were respectfull. I knew differents managers.
I have worked for many years
Great work/life balance, uncaring management and 0 possibility for internal growth
User Services Analyst II (Current Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: short hours, tuition waiver
Cons: low pay, tons of "bosses"
The benefits (as of now) are good, though there is serious talk of the administration eliminating the tuition waiver benefit. Great place to work for 2-3 years while you get a graduate degree for free, but terrible long-term prospects. Faculty all think they're your boss, so if you work in an academic department, expect anywhere from 5-25 people who believe they're your supervisor.

Low salaries, nonexistent raises, and almost 0 possibility for promotion without changing departments/jobs. Only come here if you're looking to get an MBA and you don't mind paying with your soul.
Fun
Associate Director Housing Facilities & Services (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 6, 2014
Pros: smart professionals
Cons: lack of diversity
Tulane University is a great place to work like any place it has its challenges with diversity. But overall, Tulane University is a great place to work.

1 2 3 4 5