Tulare County, CA Employee Reviews

Poor management. Management is more stressful than the work or clients you work with.
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulare County, CAJuly 13, 2016
I worked the county for quite sometime. It takes a long time to promote. High turnover, poor management, insurance is too expensive, micromanaged, high caseload, little or no support from management, and you get moved around without notice.
Pros
Team was great.
Cons
Insurance too expensive, poor management, and no room to promote
Rewarding work with the community but Agency has negative work environment
supervisory (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 15, 2015
Your happiness in employment depends on what department and manager you work for. There is no transparency, lack of communication, dishonesty, and bullies
Pros
Job security once probation is passed
Cons
A lot more cons than pros
Large caseloads
Child Welfare Services Social Worker III (Former Employee) –  Visalia CAOctober 16, 2015
Great county but the caseloads are huge for each worker. Not enough time in the day for the amount of work that needs to be done for all the children in the system. Heartbreaking.
Grant funded workshops
Workshop "Chronic Disease Self-Management" (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAOctober 14, 2015
A typical workshop required advance preparation by myself and my co-leader. We experienced much support from the Program Manager who was always ahead of schedule and considerate of our personal time. When training was required, snacks and lunch was generously provided. I learned additional confidence in public speaking and also management of people in difficult situations with a wide range of mental health challenges. My co-workers for presenting the seminar were very pleasant and sometimes we got to choose who to work with. The hardest part of the job was living in Fresno and commuting to various parts of Tulare County. The most enjoyable part of the job was the positive changes the seminar attendees expressed and their thank you's. Simply great satisfaction knowing we made a difference in somebody's life that would be long-lasting.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Lengthy commute