Tulare County Office Of Education Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Nice website to look for jobs
Instructional Aide- Special Education (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 19, 2017
It is user friendly and very accessable to me. It was very helpful in finding a job. I think it is nice to have these kinds of website for job search.
Pros
very accessable
Cons
lengthy to fill out
Productive, and helped a lot of people
Assessment Technician (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAAugust 20, 2017
Working for Tulare County Office of Education was a good experience, worked. there for 22 years. Worked with a lot of people. Had a great supervisor, learned many things. Great benefits.
Benefits
Tcoe
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 12, 2017
This was a great place to work when I was there. However that was over 10 years ago. The Tulare County Office of Education is a wondering institution.
Severely handicapped program in an educational setting
Instructional Assistant, Special Services (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 19, 2017
Worked on a public school site with severely handicapped students in a satellite classroom for Tulare County Office of Education. Supported teacher with lessons, behavior management, and hygiene for students. It is rewarding to work with this population.
Pros
Retirement plan and backed by a union
Cons
Emotionally and physically stressful at times
No full time positions
Instructional Aide Special Education (Current Employee) –  Tulare CountyJune 11, 2017
This employer will not hire full time permanent instructional aides regardless of experience or education. They operate almost solely on part time employees and substitutes. The only full time permanent aides were hired many years ago.
Pros
Starts at around $16 per hour
Cons
You will never get a full time permanent position
Great Co-Workers
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAMarch 14, 2017
Salary and benefits are amazing. Poor communication and not concerned about the employee's well-being. Quick to terminate employment without clear reason.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
poor communication
Enjoy working with students and staff.
Instructional Aide Special Education (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 11, 2017
Love to work with students ,and teachers. Love to teach and mentor in class, working with all types of personsalities though at time it can be difficult.
Pros
Make a difference in students life to do better.
Cons
Difficult attitudes at times
Higher up management didn't care about its employees
Migrant Public Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAJanuary 23, 2017
My Supervisor was awesome and very flexible but the Management staff above her were rude, uncaring and treated their employees with no consideration for anything
Pros
Awesome supervisor and co workers
Cons
Pay for my experience and education was poor
Fun place to work for
Family Health Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 16, 2016
I enjoyed my time at TCOE, but because I could only get hired for part time employment, I had to seek additional employment.
Pros
Worked with children and other caring adults
Cons
constant threat of being laid off
Great teamwork and excellent benefits
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CA 93291July 7, 2016
A typical work day for me is Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. I have learned quite a bit about HIPAA rules and compliance, scheduling medical appointments and handling medical records for this office. The management is good, but there has been a shift in staff and there are quite a few changes taking place. My co-workers all believe in being part of a team, and we work really well together. The hardest part about my job is the schedule. I am looking to work part time. I would say the most enjoyable part of my job is the benefits and holidays off.
Pros
excellent benefits (although I am also covered under spouse's insurance)
Cons
hours
Trying to find a job at TCOE is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
SUBSTITUTE SPECIAL EDUCATION INSTRUCTIONAL AIDE (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 9, 2016
The teachers are awesome, there's at least one full-time aide in every classroom that is rude and disrespectful towards substitutes.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Rude Co-Workers
Good Workplace
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 13, 2015
Typical work day is fast paced and physical. I have learned to be patient with the children when teaching them life and social skills. The management is great, knowing and working with their staff. My co-workers make the day go by fast and are great people to work with. The hardest part of the job is that sometimes your patience and attitude is tested. The best part of the job is the people I work with and the balance the job offers with life and family .
Pros
Great staff
Cons
short lunches
I enjoy working for this company
LVN (Current Employee) –  Woodlake, CAMay 3, 2015
Although I would prefer a full time position, the position I have allows me to still go to school. Its a great company to work for and I love my job.
Pros
I can balance work and life
Cons
no health benefits for part time
Love working with children
Family Health Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Awesome place to work love it this was my greatest job a ever had the people working with the families and there children.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
sad they have to lay off people
Greatly enjoy working in an educational setting.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 17, 2013
Typical days included communicating with education professionals in six California counties about their challenges and accomplishments with federally and state grant funded before and after school programs.
I created a database for an events newsletter reaching administrators, teachers, and staff of over 400 programs in the six county area.
Hardest part of the job was concentrating and focusing on the email at hand in an environment of frenzied enthusiasm and activity due to all the programs converging at my work station.
Most enjoyable part of the job was trying to concentrate and focus on the email at hand in an environment of frenzied enthusiasm and activity due to all the programs converging at my work station.
Pros
Could work longer than eight hours a day
Cons
No breaks
Productive Workplace
Technology Technician (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 6, 2013
Lots of work and had a great time doing it.
Had a nice sense of completion.
nice clean home with lots of toys,and games.
Child Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Dinuba, CAApril 27, 2013
My day starts at 7:00am I drop children off at school by 8:00am. Care for a 2&3 year old allday. Pick up kids from school at 3pm do homework have snacks and play games. I enjoy caring for children.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no health care. no breaks
Overall
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 15, 2012
I like to recommend anyone work for Tulare County Office of Education - CHOICES. As they are respectable, hard working and really considered the health and wellness of the students they serve on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job was having to research the topic of "Teen suicide" as it is a growing concern in education although it was also enjoyable to find solutions and/or the root of the problem to help students overcome their depression/anxiety...etc. My co-workers and supervisors were encouraging and exceptional individuals.
Pros
work flow, office environment, great co-worker communication, potlucks, encouragement to succeed and overall great working experience.
Cons
n/a