Tulare County Office Of Education Employee Reviews

Trying to find a job at TCOE is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
SUBSTITUTE SPECIAL EDUCATION INSTRUCTIONAL AIDE (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 9, 2016
The teachers are awesome, there's at least one full-time aide in every classroom that is rude and disrespectful towards substitutes.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Rude Co-Workers
Good Workplace
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 13, 2015
Typical work day is fast paced and physical. I have learned to be patient with the children when teaching them life and social skills. The management is great, knowing and working with their staff. My co-workers make the day go by fast and are great people to work with. The hardest part of the job is that sometimes your patience and attitude is tested. The best part of the job is the people I work with and the balance the job offers with life and family .
Pros
Great staff
Cons
short lunches
Overall
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 15, 2012
I like to recommend anyone work for Tulare County Office of Education - CHOICES. As they are respectable, hard working and really considered the health and wellness of the students they serve on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job was having to research the topic of "Teen suicide" as it is a growing concern in education although it was also enjoyable to find solutions and/or the root of the problem to help students overcome their depression/anxiety...etc. My co-workers and supervisors were encouraging and exceptional individuals.
Pros
work flow, office environment, great co-worker communication, potlucks, encouragement to succeed and overall great working experience.
Cons
n/a
I enjoy working for this company
LVN (Current Employee) –  Woodlake, CAMay 3, 2015
Although I would prefer a full time position, the position I have allows me to still go to school. Its a great company to work for and I love my job.
Pros
I can balance work and life
Cons
no health benefits for part time
Greatly enjoy working in an educational setting.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 17, 2013
Typical days included communicating with education professionals in six California counties about their challenges and accomplishments with federally and state grant funded before and after school programs.
I created a database for an events newsletter reaching administrators, teachers, and staff of over 400 programs in the six county area.
Hardest part of the job was concentrating and focusing on the email at hand in an environment of frenzied enthusiasm and activity due to all the programs converging at my work station.
Most enjoyable part of the job was trying to concentrate and focus on the email at hand in an environment of frenzied enthusiasm and activity due to all the programs converging at my work station.
Pros
could work longer than eight hours a day
Cons
no breaks
nice clean home with lots of toys,and games.
Child Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Dinuba, CAApril 27, 2013
My day starts at 7:00am I drop children off at school by 8:00am. Care for a 2&3 year old allday. Pick up kids from school at 3pm do homework have snacks and play games. I enjoy caring for children.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no health care. no breaks
Love working with children
Family Health Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Awesome place to work love it this was my greatest job a ever had the people working with the families and there children.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
sad they have to lay off people
Productive Workplace
Technology Technician (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 6, 2013
Lots of work and had a great time doing it.
Had a nice sense of completion.

4.4