Tulare Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great place to work, Great people
Regisered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CANovember 8, 2017
I loved working at TRMC. I was there 29 years. Unfortunately poor upper management lead it to its demise. Great staff and great hospital. It was like a family and we all cared and worked together.
Pros
Great Care and Staff
Cons
Poor Administration
Once new company comes in it will be a great place
Financial Eligibility Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CAOctober 28, 2017
CRMC coming in to operate is going to be fantastic . The prior company that ran it was operated by not having the support of the community . New blood,enthusiasm will go along ways towards the healing needed for the community.
Very difficult place to work
LVN (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CA 93274October 10, 2017
Too many issues with management at the moment. Never really sure if you will be paid on time or at all. Lack of resources available. Used to be a great place to work.
Not able to write a non biased summary
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CAOctober 1, 2017
Hospital is going thru some changes right now unable to give a non biased summary at this time. Previous experience here has been very beneficial. If things were better would love to continue employment
Productive and fun place to work. The staff is very friendly.
ER technician (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CASeptember 30, 2017
A typical day is very random in the ER. There are many different kinds of experiences that come along in the ER. There are times where it is very stressful or very calm. At times when it is stressful it becomes known that there are others always willing to help. Team work is very common in the ER. The hardest part of the job is dealing with codes and very sick critical patients. Even though the patient is not in the ER very long we do interact with patients and families.
Pros
Staff is very friendly and connective
Cons
Low income for ER techs, some staff are not getting paid
Great Co-Workers however
Certified Nursing Assistant-CNA (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CAJuly 22, 2017
I have probably some of the world's best coworkers; however the pay rate is poor; if CNA's were paid more here I could probably make a living. I only stay because of my coworkers
Pros
Amazing staff nurses
Cons
Low paid
Great Work Environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAMay 16, 2017
After I received my CNA certification I was offered a internship at this hospital. Once I internship was over I was offered a starting position but had to decline because of scheduling conflict with school.
Pros
Great nurses
Cons
Scheduling conflict
Use to be a great place to work
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAMarch 8, 2017
This hospital used to be the best place to work. It was perfect for a small town. The people who use to work here were dedicated and loyal. They were all excited for expansion and growth then there was a change in administration several times. Sick time and PTO accrual had been dramatically reduced. No raises. Loss of dedicated management and layoffs in order to streamline and save money seriously placed doubt in job security for those hospital workers who remained. Politics and hospital leaders made poor decisions handling expansion and its employees.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Reduced PTO accrual, no raises
volunteer
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAJune 7, 2016
i picked up mail, made memos and was an assistant for a supervisor in the hospital. i would work 4 hours a day and it was only volunteer job the gain some experience for office work.
Great place to work, outstanding coworkers
RCP II (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CaliforniaJuly 14, 2015
delivered bronchodilator medication to patients in an acute care setting; set-up and managed ventilator support systems; instructed RT students on an as needed basis; obtained EKGs for in/out patients.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
not enough hours
Good job until hospital lost interest in home health
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAMay 3, 2015
Going to the office and setting up for the days assignment and then going out to the patient homes for assessment and teaching. Wound care, iv, foley caths. Diabetes, chf etc. The job started out good but as the hospital did not back up the agency people left their positions and it made it difficult for the others that remained and no new people were hired in the abandoned positions. The home health administrator was head of the accounting department and did not know anything about nursing or what was needed to run the department effectively. I enjoyed seeing the patient's in their homes they were happy to be home.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Lousy management at the administrative level
Tulare Regional Medical Center
Director Medical Staff Services (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAMarch 10, 2015
Working at Tulare Regional Medical Center was the worst experience I have ever had in my career. Very hostile work environment, I would never recommend working for this facility or obtaining medical treatment.
productive, friendly
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAJanuary 16, 2015
friendly, wonderful coworkers, enjoyed working for this company
Productive and fun place to work.
Food service worker (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CANovember 25, 2014
I had a positive experience. I learned great work ethics and to be a team player. I learned to help other people when my job allows the time. Always to maintain a positive attitude and outlook.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
There wasnt any
Excellent management team
Billing Specialist/ EHR Auditor-Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CASeptember 30, 2014
Worked under a great and flexible management team, encouraged to cross-train for career advancement, excellent communication within department co-workers made me redefine what true teamwork can be like.
A productive and fun place to work.
Diet aid assistant/kitchen labor (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CAAugust 28, 2014
I learned the values of hard work and to be a valuable team member by leading by example.
Pros
Working with people who are in need of special treatment.
Cons
No opportunity for advancement.
Tulare Regional Medical Center
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CAJune 27, 2013
A typical day at work. Starting in the afternoon, I would prepare for the nightshirt come on duty. Call the different floors to collect information of the number of patients for the different department that I staff. Determining the correct amount of staff per patients ratio. Make phone calls if necessary to call employees off or put them on call. Document information on the API schedule system. Prepare the Daily and fax to the different medical floors.

The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with all of the nursing staff and the directors on a daily basis.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
uncertainty of job security
Always something to learn in a days work.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAApril 26, 2012
There is so much to learn in the medical field. When you are working at a job where you know you are helping others, it is satifying when you go home each day.
Pros
helping others.
Excellent service
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CAApril 9, 2012
Quick pase staff and excellent learning environment. I learn to handle patients with diffrent medical dissabileties. Felt fullfillment being able to help others and enjoy working as a team with co-workers. The hardest part of the job is when theres terminall ill patients that go on hospice, but even then we know to give the best care possible, while being sympathetic, loving, kind and fullfill their needs.