Tulsa Community College Employee Reviews

Very enjoyable and busy place to work with the kindest people
Student (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 21, 2016
I have been in clinical rotations for the past year and have seen so many cases and hope to continue learning in this career. A typical day at my clinical site right now is performing the exams on most patients including OB GYN vascular and abdomen. I have learned a large amount of pathology there and wish to learn more. I love the management and co workers but there is no position available for me there. The hardest part of my job is I have to stay late almost every day and it is two hours away from where I live. The most enjoyable part has been helping patients.
Pros
helping patients
Cons
no pay
Fun workplace with many nice colleagues
Director (Current Employee) –  OklahomaSeptember 27, 2016
Office environment, learned project management and student advising/counseling. Co-workers are wonderful. Faculty are fun, dynamic and different. Hardest part of the job was change, stemming from new Presidency in 2014. Most enjoyable part of my job was my team.
Fantastic
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 18, 2016
Only left to pursue head coaching opportunity. Great leadership top to bottom, team worked extremely well together, allowed to do job, great place for students to get an Associate Degree.
Pros
Amazing Culture
Cons
Only part time
I enjoy staying busy and I am looking for a company to advance in.
I was a previous student (Former Employee) –  I studied at south campusJuly 17, 2016
I arrived at work 6am, listened to report, checked all patients and made sure all charting was up to date. I delegated to each employee. I set break times. I reviewed all tasks due for the day. I also arrived 1st on the job to disengage fire alarms and open fire doors. I always had great coworkers because we were a team and took care of each other. I was easy to talk to and very fair. I also was a leader who my coworkers could trust in me, as well as being able to count on me being to work as scheduled and on time. The hardest part of the job was replacing a wax seal for a toilet. The most enjoyable parts of my job experience was creating a warm and friendly environment and seeing customers return.
Pros
Able to see new faces every day
Cons
as a Charge Nurse I was responsible 9pm-9am 2 times a month.
My coworkers in the office were fun to work with and we interacted well with each other despite management in the office.
Accountant 1 (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 15, 2015
TCC started out as a fun place to work for under the administration of the first president and vice president of business. They were two guys who really cared about their employees and followed state regulations. After they retired we had two presidents that only cared about themselves and how many buildings they could build. The current president and upper administration are the worst one's that I worked under. Management in the office and upper administration weren't supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my coworkers and interacting and learning from them. They made work worth coming to every day before I retired. Tulsa Community College has some of the best and loyal employees. They work very hard and are really under appreciated by upper administration,
Pros
Nice benefits
Cons
Low pay and non supportive upper administration
Not technically a job, but did require work.
Student Body Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 13, 2016
I was president for one year. I organized two field trips and a series of video reviews for the campus. We watched several science documentaries, took a trip to the Aquarium where I was volunteering at the time, and a trip to the planetarium in OKC. Was really fun. I had to lead meetings, organize donations, and plan trips.
Pros
Very fun!
Excellent place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 20, 2016
The staff and faculty at TCC are phenomenal. The support is first class customer service. I don't have much contact with co-workers due to the nature of the job. The hardest part of the job is keeping students motivated against the statistical odds of passing. The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching people who are wanting to learn.
A typical day (evening) consists of showing up about 10 minutes before class, teaching then helping students on an as needed basis outside of class.
Pros
The freedom to teach as I see fit
Cons
The inability to teach here full time
Great worker community
Tutor of English (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 7, 2016
A typical shift tutoring students through their homework assignments, challenging them to reach for the quality of academic work for college. I learned that I teach very well and enjoy it, too. The management was professional and recruited great personalities and qualified reliable workers. My co-workers were very easygoing and friendly in nature and disciplined in academic instruction. The hardest part of the job is too resist over-teaching and let the student learn to selflearn. I loved seeing the students faces light up after my tutoring them.
Pros
great job
Cons
short hours
Tulsa Community College rate
Spanish Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 26, 2016
Tulsa Community College is the largest community college in Oklahoma. I started working for TCC six years ago. I teach Spanish and GED classes in the continuing adult education and enrichment department. Students come from all walks of life to earn reading, listening, writing, and speaking Spanish skills. I teach Conversational Spanish classes These classes are hands on experience, and these are based on the functionality of Spanish phrases. At the end of the class students are able to community in any form of Spanish, this improve their chances to provide services for Spanish clients and continue developing their business and private practices.
Pros
Applied Spanish phases for the workforce, and health.
Cons
Lenghth of classes is too short at times.
Its a pretty great place to start out at..
Information Technology Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 18, 2016
The Job is pretty much the same we would come in and hop on the register and assist customers that would appear before the register..
I learned how to assist customers over the phone in the area for many hours.. stocking machines.. The hardest part of the job was dealing with employees for a bit but they changed after a while it got better after we started to talk to one another.. the most enjoyable part of the job...you have a lot of freedom to do whatever you want...
Pros
Lots of freetime without customers to do whatever you like to do...
Cons
Don't get paid much, Short Hours
Not too good
Information Technology Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 12, 2016
It's was a very stressful job not getting paid enough the managers will give you a hard time and are very lazy and sometimes they will have you do all the work while they said and relax until the ceo's come in then they will do the work..

Learned how to use the Register, Stock, Train Employee, How to deal with employees believe me there are some bad ones so you will be really go at it
Cons
No room to move anywhere
manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 2, 2015
Working here is great, as long as you want to do the same job for 10-20 years. There is no room for advancement within any of the departments. They also do not give raises.
Pros
work/live balance
Cons
pay
fun coworkers, great boss
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 26, 2016
taking care of customers and helping them find what they need, setting up financial aid, stocking, and cleaning. this job is great, the coworkers are great, and my boss was great. she is understanding and fun.
Pros
flexible, understanding boss, works around school schedule
Cons
some customers can be mean
Tulsa Community College
Student (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 22, 2016
Great institution to attend. I returned to TCC to further my education. The instructors are very easy to speak with and overall great people in general. I would recommend this institution to anyone in the area.
If you like to help others....
Career Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 4, 2016
Some really great people work here. If you like to help others, you will enjoy working here. All in all, not a bad place. They could use some help in communication. With multiple campuses, it can be hard to have effective communication across the college.
Great job, no ability to advance
Nursing Simulation Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 2, 2015
Pro: Fun, staff helps each other out, respects students, and is flexible with life/work balance.

Con: Academic institution run by the state. You can't get FT or a raise unless the state raises that job category or the board approves a new position. Good culture in the department, but can't afford basic living expenses.
Good work environment that encourages betterment of staff and students
Adjunct EMS Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 4, 2015
As an adjunct, I arrive 30 minutes early to prepare the class room. All items that I require are provided. The facility is clean and appropriately sized. Management staff is very supportive and available to assist. A very supportive work staff. The hardest part of this position is being aware of the different learning styles of the students.
Excellent Organization
Academic Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 1, 2016
Budget cuts are killing higher education in Oklahoma. Tulsa Community College is a world class community college that offers many things that you can't find at other schools in town (including TU, OSU-Tulsa, and OU-Tulsa). Unfortunately budget cuts make it difficult for them to retain the staff that they need.
It is a good place to work
Assistant Professor, Health Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 5, 2016
They seem to really care about their employees, but they don't pay very well. They are pretty flexible, as long as your classes are covered. Students really get a good education there.
Pros
You really learn a lot
Cons
Low pay
Security Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 1, 2016
Tulsa Community College is a great place to work. The staff and co-workers are well trained and willing to help. The work environment is stress free.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tulsa Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2