Tulsa Inspection Resources Employee Reviews in United States

Contract handler
Office Clerk in the field (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 12, 2016
TIR did little in the way of finding work for it's contractors and was not reliable in delivering employment information upon request.
Pros
They handled the pay
Cons
Not helpful finding work or providing empoyment information for loan needs.
Overall great place to work
General Utilities Inspector (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 9, 2016
The support staff is amazing and is always available. I would recommend this company to anyone seeking work in this industry.
Aggressive placement in similar positions for inspectors. Works well with inspectors for advancement and career building skills.
Construction Inspector (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDJanuary 29, 2016
Inspection work involves multiple contacts daily with construction crews in multiple disciplines, observation and documentation of completed work and work in process to meet and exceed specifications. Writing and submitting daily reports of progress including photographs.
Pros
Excellant wages and per diem
Cons
Sometimes remote locations
Umbrella company that employs inspectors of various types for several industries
QA/QC Inspector and Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 22, 2016
I never really met anyone from this company but they were easy to work with through email and I never had any major issues. I would absolutely work with them again.
Pros
Direct deposit with online pay statements.
Cons
You almost work directly for the client that needs the inspector instead of Tulsa.
Enjoyed working for Tulsa Resources, good people working with you and always there to help if needed.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day at work was always busy and meeting new people. Had great clerks that also worked with me. I learned a lot through the different people I worked for ,i.e. Chiefs, clerks, inspectors, project managers, contract personnel. The hardest part of my job was when a project was finished and my most enjoyable part was beginning a project and watching it develop into the finished product. I also enjoyed the many co-workers that I met and became good friends with through the years.
Pros
Its all good
Cons
Really can't complain about anything
Chief Safety Inspector
Chief Safety Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 16, 2016
I worked for Tulsa Inspection Resources for 3 years and truly enjoyed the experience. Every time I contacted Tulsa they were prompt to answer the phone and great at problem solving. Tulsa Inspection Resources is a highly supportive inspection company with a great reputation in the industry. Anyone having the opportunity to work for Tulsa finds it a fun and fulfilling job.
Pros
Great salary
Very good employees to work around
Utility Inspector (Former Employee) –  Del Rio, TXDecember 28, 2015
Go to job site check with contractors to receive their plans for the day to schedule mine.

The importance of trying to stay within you scheduled plans.
Pros
was able to park travel trailer at job site
Cons
worked seven days a week mostly
cheif inspecting
I & E Inspector (Current Employee) –  Three rivers TexasOctober 19, 2015
I like that I am able to work with the client to get the electrical installed as per the code, and that they have given me the ability to work on the front end of the projects. helping with the lay out and design work this really make the job go so much easier when it was time to have the contractor do the work.
working the different location has been an asset tome the oil industry with not just the current work, but the look ahead as to what is in the future of a station. this way we can keep areas open for future work and expansions
Pros
ability to move form one job to another with out haveing to go looking
Cons
not enough time off to spend with the family
trying to be home with my faimly
welding inspector (Current Employee) –  douglas wyOctober 14, 2015
I have been working in the oil field for 20 + years from a welder to a operator for compressors we work from 6-7 days a week and from 12 to 16 hours a day
Work in a Field Office with QC/QA Inspectors
Field Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMAugust 26, 2015
A fast paced work environment that involves, but not limited to the following activities:

Received daily reports from Inspectors and summarize on Management reports. Worked closely with Field Supervisors regarding contractual issues and the solutions of those issues. Maintain hard copies of daily reports and job documentation as well as scanning documents, coding and uploading to the clients database. Maintain job books or files for the clients records. Worked closely with Cost Analysts on cost tracking for the project. Assisted Inspectors with daily work related issues ie: payroll, report questions, computer problems and mail as well as initial training for new Inspectors. Answer phones and relay messages. Coordinate with client regarding training for personnel. Order office supplies and maintain inventory of office and safety equipment. Maintained good working relationship with all personnel by assuring all work needs are met.
Great company
Utility inspector, Welding inspector, film auditor (Current Employee) –  oklahomaAugust 25, 2015
I've learned alot in inspection so far, but I am far from done learning.
I take pride in knowing how to do my job the right way and I do not take short cuts whatsoever.
Pros
paid 7 days for sometimes working 6
Cons
no ability to advance and learn by getting sent to schools or classe
Senior Safety Inspector (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MNAugust 20, 2015
Overall the company is great. I was contracted by a different company as a safety inspector through this company. The pay was excellent, but spent a lot of time from home.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Regular lay offs
Long hours, requires extreme dedication, very rewarding work
Serving as site restoration supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ladysmith, WIJune 18, 2015
I was on the remediation project restoring the environment back to its natural state while some of the oil lines were being repaired or replaced. The days were long and exhausting but at the end of the day it was extremely rewarding and satisfying. I enjoyed every bit of my time on that particular project. The hardest part of the job was the constant travel, sometimes two or three states away from my family. The individuals that I worked with made it so much easier because we spent so much time together that they almost became a second family to me. We all became very close because we were all away from our families.
Pros
spending time in new places, meeting new people, learning from experienced veterans of the pipeline
Cons
Not knowing how long you would be in each state, being away from family
One of the best jobs
Civil, Mechanical, corrosion Inspector (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 16, 2015
I managed contractors to make sure work was being done in a safe and timely manor. Also make sure everything was up to code and correct to specs.
Tir
Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 3, 2015
Working for the CEO is a lot of fun and a lot of understanding comes from him. Family ran company has some advantages, but also huge disadvantages.
I have learned a great deal from this job
Chief Welding Inspector for Pipeline (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, LAApril 7, 2015
Good company to work for. First time that I have worked for them wished that I could have worked for them sooner. I hired on as Sr. inspector, then was moved up to chief inspector due illness of our chief inspector.
Pros
Meeting new coworkers
Cons
Having to lay off inspectors
Senior Safety Inspector
Senior Safety Enbridge MLP Integrity Digs (Former Employee) –  Enbridge Energy pipelines.March 29, 2015
Good company to work for. Served as a senior safety inspector through them for the Enbridge Energy USMLP and Special Projects work.
Good on essential requirements, minimal benefits, too top heavy
Enbridge Contractor (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MOMarch 13, 2015
Good use of ADP pay system and 401K administration. No/minor employer contribution to 401k, Health, etc. Basically treats their inspectors as temp misfits rather than treasured revenue generators.
Pros
good follow up on timesheets, online training and certs
Cons
confusing pay stub, more taxable comp, less benefits contribution
Fun workplace, but overstaffed with no management
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 17, 2015
There are a total of four generalists in my department, but there isn't enough work for everyone to do. Our concerns have been expressed, but it seems like our opinions are not valued. I would rather be busy all day than have to ask for something to do constantly. I do enjoy the people I work with, but we are not treated equally. Some employees are salary with perks that management receives while others are not. The job itself is very monotonous. I'm looking for a job where I have to think.
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
no short term disability. insurance is very expensive. salaries are low.
Tir
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 27, 2015
Fast paced company. Good benefits and people. Weekly deadlines to meet. Good Teamwork.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tulsa Inspection Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3