Tulsa Inspection Resources

Tulsa Inspection Resources Employee Reviews

One of the best jobs
Civil, Mechanical, corrosion Inspector (Current Employee), OhioJune 16, 2015
I managed contractors to make sure work was being done in a safe and timely manor. Also make sure everything was up to code and correct to specs.
TIR
Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 3, 2015
Working for the CEO is a lot of fun and a lot of understanding comes from him. Family ran company has some advantages, but also huge disadvantages.
I have learned a great deal from this job
Chief Welding Inspector for Pipeline (Current Employee), Arcadia, LAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Meeting new coworkers
Cons: Having to lay off inspectors
Good company to work for. First time that I have worked for them wished that I could have worked for them sooner. I hired on as Sr. inspector, then was moved up to chief inspector due illness of our chief inspector.
Senior Safety Inspector
Senior Safety Enbridge MLP Integrity Digs (Former Employee), Enbridge Energy pipelines.March 29, 2015
Good company to work for. Served as a senior safety inspector through them for the Enbridge Energy USMLP and Special Projects work.
Good on essential requirements, minimal benefits, too top heavy
Enbridge Contractor (Current Employee), Salisbury, MOMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good follow up on timesheets, online training and certs
Cons: confusing pay stub, more taxable comp, less benefits contribution
Good use of ADP pay system and 401K administration. No/minor employer contribution to 401k, Health, etc. Basically treats their inspectors as temp misfits rather than treasured revenue generators.
Fun workplace, but overstaffed with no management
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: laid back environment
Cons: no short term disability. insurance is very expensive. salaries are low.
There are a total of four generalists in my department, but there isn't enough work for everyone to do. Our concerns have been expressed, but it seems like our opinions are not valued. I would rather be busy all day than have to ask for something to do constantly. I do enjoy the people I work with, but we are not treated equally. Some employees are salary with perks that management receives while others are not. The job itself is very monotonous. I'm looking for a job where I have to think.
TIR
Billing Clerk (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 27, 2015
Fast paced company. Good benefits and people. Weekly deadlines to meet. Good Teamwork.
The company was going through many changes and was not able to supply adequate resources to accomplish job requirements for working from home
Manger of Business Development (Former Employee), Houston/United States TravelDecember 26, 2014
Pros: good opportunity
Cons: no help or direction given by upper management.
Company going through tremendous changes and the job I was hired to do was not adequately supported by upper management from long distance.
Great company to work for
Lead Welding Inspector, PG&E (Former Employee), San Rafael, CADecember 2, 2014
Managed and coordinated Utility, Coating and Welding Inspectors for multi-million dollar projects in the San Francisco Bay area for PG&E.
Test Supervisor for hydrotests consisting of miles of pipeline.
Verify all parameters of all approved welding procedures.
Coordinate all NDE activities to include X-ray, Guida Survey, and RCP to run the ILI tools for internal inspection of the pipeline, and collect all corresponding documentation.
Test supervisor for the clearing pig runs and any chemical wash runs that may need to be done, depending on the Mercury count.
Responsible for verifying weekly progress reports turned in by the contractor.
Responsible for submitting weekly reports and inputting weekly timesheets for all Inspectors into Primavera Unifier System for PG&E.
Responsible for building all job packages for each completed job.
Worked side by side with City, County, client and engineering to ensure a quality product.
Big company
Utility Inspector (Former Employee), Northern CaliforniaJune 25, 2014
Company has a lot of work if you can get it. Once on the job their onsite management teams were great.
great work environment
Office Manager (Former Employee), Mendon, MIJune 13, 2014
Pros: great compensation
Cons: no job security
Great work environment. however when a project comes to an end there is no guarentee that you will continue working.
Simple and effective business model. Great for company, employee and client.
Site Coordinator (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 27, 2014
I like and understand this company's strategy. Both employer and employee provide or each other. One the expectations, the other the skill sets and the client a reasonable fee for the service provided . Simple and effective.

Work/Life Balance dictated by clients

Compensation/Benefit: Employee funded 100% no company matching.

Job Security: Unknown

Mgmt.: Non-existent (not required) unless you initiate contact or blanket announcement to all or selected (affected) employees

Job Culture: Inspectors work alone in most instances. Job culture is dictated by assignment, client, contractors, location etc..
90 Mile pipeline project in Western Oklahoma
Nace Coating Inspector (Former Employee), Keller, TXMay 19, 2014
The job was cold and windy as it was layed during the winter time in Western Oklahoma. The pay was great but being away from home was hard.
Challenges every day to work out.
Senior Utility Inspector (Current Employee), Towanda, Pa.February 27, 2014
Pros: to be responsible for the completion of the work we designed for the day.
Cons: being away from my family and missing out on the little things in their lives.
Safety Tailgate meeting every morning with Contractors Foreman and Crew discussing what is to be expected of them and go over any issues from the day prior and any foreseen Safety Issues that be present for the work day.

The best part of the day is that we accomplished our tasks for the day and we all go home together. No issues, no violations and no one injured.
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 18, 2014
Was not there long enough to have an opinion, was only there temporarily.
Great company to work for
Site inspector / CPWI (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2014
They are simply a staffing company however they do a great job of making sure you have projects available to move to. The compensation is very fair to their employees and management does a good job to make sure they have what they need.
out side and not stuck in a stuffy office
Utility Site Inspector- Zone (Current Employee), WisconsinOctober 11, 2013
Pros: perdiem, and comp pay
Cons: on the road 24/7
Great company to work for. The pay was amazing, moving every week kinda sucked and but we got 5 weeks off a year to compensate for that to go home to our families so all major holidays off.
TIR is a company that truly supports its employees.
Senior Pipeline Inspector (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 17, 2013
TIR surrounds you with professionals at each level, very enjoyable place of employment.
Productive Workplace losing business
GIS Specialist QA/QC (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 6, 2013
Pros: great pay, educational, good bonuses, nice lunches, great gifts
Cons: deceived and lied to, never given a real reason as to why they fired me
It was a learning and stepping stone to enter into the pipeline integrity field. However, several promises were made that later turned out to be in fact untrue. I was deceived on long term employment but compensated well and the benefits and bonuses were great. Once the company lost new bids for pipeline integrity they later picked up Right of Way Survey and Survey for Compressor Station Sites. The registered land surveyor replaced me with a friend of his. Rather than being honest they informed me I was training him so I could take my vacation. I was fired the day before I was to go on vacation.
Lot's of construction work done safely.
Safety Inspector at Plains Marketing (Former Employee), Saint James, LAMarch 8, 2013
Pros: very satifying to see construction work done safely.
Cons: a few negative attitude, water off a ducks back.
Spent a lot of time inspecting 550,000 barrels tanks being built, I went on top to inspect anchor points, found some deficiencies which were corrected. The message og doing it right the first time was received and deficiencies decreased path forward. I must admit I have a passion for construction work as well. I participated in daily safety meetings and as always keeping up with everything going on.
Participated in the testing of the tanks as well. Plenty of associated piping and equipment was installed safely. Excellence in housekeeping is a key in safe completion of all jobs.

About Tulsa Inspection Resources

Tulsa Inspection Resources, Inc. is an Oklahoma corporation. – More from ZoomInfo »

Tulsa Inspection Resources Salaries