TULSA WELDING SCHOOL Employee Reviews

Bad place to work
Supervisor-Mark Staats (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74104March 21, 2017
hit the field, little training, Management doesn't know what is happening in the field. Favoritism shown regularly Upper management only worried about keeping their job Fear in the workplace. Doing the job without training. Dealing with the students.
Pros
Cons
Fear in the workp[lace
Bad Management
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 30, 2017
At first, I thought working for TWS was a good thing and that advancement would be good. However, if you fraternize with students they will fire you. I can understand that but when you are terminated after telling them in interview process that you have students living with you, that's wrong.
Taught me a lot
Student (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 12, 2016
Tulsa welding school was so fun to me . We had classroom once a week to teach us new objectives about welding like how to learn how to pipefit which is basically math. The real fun started when we went in the lab to weld which i enjoyed every second of and i have no regrets. I loved it.
Admissions Representative Level III (Former Employee) –  Tulsa OKJune 30, 2016
I liked working at Tulsa Welding School. Helped many applicants realize their career goals. Very emotionally satisfying. Overall good experience.
Pros
Pay, staff, work envirnment, the service provided.
Cons
Job Security
If you desire to have no life
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 27, 2016
If you are a workaholic and are determined to have no personal life, then this is the place for you. They do offer wonderful benefits but you have to sacrifice your life for them. Management is always asking for more and they play favorites among the staff, ie. if your not in admissions prepare to always be on the chopping block for others mistakes. They over work you and under pay you along with asking you to take the responsibility to fix others mistakes.
Student
Welding professional (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 22, 2016
I was just a student i did not work there as i could not being a student. Great school and Great teachers. I learned a lot that i didn't know about welding and i knew quite bit to begin with.
Pros
student
Cons
student
Was a great environment to work in till upper management changed drastically and corporate came in to downsize
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 10, 2015
I really enjoyed this position, and was doing great especially being new to the education industry. Support from management team was great until company started going through changes and lost majority of upper management in a matter of just weeks. I was let go do to downsizing, and was told it was simply just due to the fact I was the newest rep. I was the last Admissions rep to be laid off of 5 cut. Other than the fact there was no job security as I thought there woud be, I did greatly enjoy the company.
Very high roll over
Distance Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 22, 2015
There were 20 sales directors in the last 3 years. There is not lot of room for anyone seeking to move up in their career. The turnover causes tension in the workplace.
I would not recommend working for this company!!!!!
Senior Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa Jacksonville Fl.August 9, 2015
Former Senior Instructor, this company is 100% money only, the bottom line, is all that counts to them. They will do and say whatever it take to get students,and value students over their employees. Unfortunately they sell the students a false bill of goods,for an exorbitant price. for those looking to work there don't. They do unethical things to keeps students "qualified" even when they are not.
Pros
Well equipped
Cons
Unethical, greedy, deceptive
great learning environment with experienced instructors
welder-training (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 1, 2015
Tulsa offers 90% hands on welding and fabricating experience. They gave me the skills and tools to accomplish almost anything in the welding and fabrication industry.
A great place to work!
Financial Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 29, 2015
Tulsa Welding School is a great place to work! It is very fast place, you plan to do one thing and everything go other way. So, every day was different. I worked with great people. i could never say a bad word about the school. I really enjoyed helping my student further their education. Seeing the smiles on their face at graduation was the best!
Pros
Great environment
Cons
I can not think of a con
cut throat company they will set u up to fail n fire u. it you are smart stay away from this horrible company.
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 5, 2015
Former Senior admissions rep. I have worked there for a lot of years n saw some pretty bad things there. Stay away from this company they do not care about their employees or the students. All they care about
Is government money. I have never worked for such a corrupted place before. Management will run this place into the ground they have no clue how to run a business.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
work hours
Great school for welding.
Student (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2015
The instructors were the best teaching in a way I could learn and understand. Nice welding environment and good safe facility.
Pros
Good welding lessons get to weld all day.
Cons
no lunch
Continuance training environment with positive reinforcement.
HVAC Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville,FLoridaDecember 8, 2014
The experience has been rewarding and life changing for the students I had the pleasure of training. Being a part of the team has really made me grow as and instructor and seek new avenues to enhance adult learning.
Pros
Unique training environment
Cons
Creativity and innovation
nice people good work enviroment
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 30, 2014
I would sign in and just hand out electrodes so I stayed pretty busy I helped clean bathrooms and probably make a few tables.
Pros
A/C, cafeteria, paid weekly
Cons
bad pay, temporary
Great people and Great work
Secretary/VP Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 24, 2014
I always laughed at least once everyday, with so many different personalities. Couldn't have asked for better co-workers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no insurance
they fired a guy when he got cancer
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 10, 2014
highest turnover any place i have worked. Eight bosses in eight yrs
5 presidents. when i said you are not ethical to the last boss he wrote me up. went to the president she said he is not going any where. tried to force me into a letter of resignation. walked out . they both got let go after i quit. they both got fired and now after sticking up for the lady that had a heart bypass im looking for new work..
ok job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 23, 2014
wouldn't recommend. lots of time their is nothing to do so you have to find something to fill your time.
Temporary
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 15, 2014
Working for this school was rough. They lack structure, but i did manage to learn a bit from the other receptionist.
Pros
Good pay, Monday-Friday
Cons
Lack of leadership, No structure
good environment to work in
Welder (Former Employee) –  Tulsa OklahomaMarch 25, 2014
The trainning was exceptionally challenging. Other words awesome
Pros
quaterly bonus's
Cons
nothing really

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TULSA WELDING SCHOOL. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6