TULSA WELDING SCHOOL Employee Reviews

Wonderful experience
Student (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 17, 2017
Tulsa Welding School is a great place to learn to weld with great instructors who are there to help you grow as a welder. All the instructors and office workers are nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Lots of meetings
Great place
Director (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 17, 2017
Helping students every day. CEO and company raised a ton of money for hurricane Harvey and used to help students and staff. CEO basically lived in houston for months to help out. Lots of people lost everything and the company really stepped in to help. That is unheard of today. Kudos to management.
Pros
Great product, great colleagues. Awesome benefits
Cons
Can be stressful sometimes
great place to learn and grow
Student (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 10, 2017
From the start this place was great to learn and develop skills needed to perform essential duties at a work force for specific job types that used in everyday areas.
Welding school
Welder/Pipefitter Trainee (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 15, 2017
I took the professional welding program, and enjoyed it. it was a great time, but you have to stay on top of it, also have the willingness to ask every question on you mind,
tulsa welding school
Maintenance Department - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 4, 2017
I enjoyed my time there and it was a great learning experience.
Working with students helping to make sure they had everything they needed to complete the task set before them. Monitor each student thru the learn curve and process of welding. The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to the students as they graduated and went off to further their welding skills in the job force. The most enjoyable part was seeing them walk across stage, knowing that they would be helping build America.
Pros
Working and teaching students; as well as being able to weld everyday.
Cons
The pay was not captible to the cost of living.
Horrible!!
Student Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2017
The school director expects you to work 24/7. I've gotten texts from her at 11pm. She's condescending and a micromanager. The employees are great but miserable because of her. With a different school director, this place would thrive. She expects you to come in early, stay late but take long lunches so you don't get overtime. She doesn't do much to ensure a good education, she only cares about numbers.
Pros
Pay, benefits, employees
Cons
School director
Production
Welding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2017
My typical job at work is to give the company I'm working for 100 percent of me and to do my best, I've learned there's always room to grow and learning new ideas at a job and to also provide all my ideas that will help a company grow, I work well with all cultures, I feel there is no hard part to a job if you really love what you are doing, the most part of my job is giving 100 percent to a project or helping other co-workers
Decent programs, poor culture
Director of High School Admissions (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 2, 2017
The education is good, but not competitively priced. Upper management is all about the bottom line, the students are not even on their radar. People are viewed as expendable and the result is a revolving door in most positions.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Zero job security
Management is extremely discriminatory.
Welding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 20, 2017
Very tough place to work if you have any ideas of advancement. Buddy buddy system runs deep. Very click oriented.Do not produce job ready welders due to the curriculum. Basically a money generating machine and nothing more.
Pros
Cons
all
Enjoyed working in a quick paced, high pressure environment.
Career Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 11, 2017
I loved working with my colleagues and helping/advising students. Also enjoyed business relationships with companies all over the continental United States.
Pros
Great salary/benefits
Cons
Can be stressful
i loved working here!
Welders Helper (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 17, 2017
This place offers the friendliest and a positive work experience with coworkers and management. Definitely would work here again!!! The students and instructors taught me a lot when I worked here about welding and different types of welding. For anyone that seeks intelligent conversations with having fun at the same time this is a great place to work.
Pros
Great atmospherwe positive people
Cons
pay could be more
Over worked
Tulsa, Ok. Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 1, 2017
Personnel expected to do their own jobs as well as jobs that were done by many students to offset their cost for the course. Overall, much is expected with little incentive.
Wonderful company with amazing CEO
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2017
Work was varied and challenging. Excellent opportunity to expand knowledge base. Local management has much room for improvement. Interoffice culture was fun and departments worked well together, striving for a common goal and doing what everybody could to attain such goals.
Pros
Excellent recognition for accomplishments
Bad place to work
Supervisor-Mark Staats (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74104March 21, 2017
hit the field, little training, Management doesn't know what is happening in the field. Favoritism shown regularly Upper management only worried about keeping their job Fear in the workplace. Doing the job without training. Dealing with the students.
Pros
Cons
Fear in the workp[lace
Bad Management
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 30, 2017
At first, I thought working for TWS was a good thing and that advancement would be good. However, if you fraternize with students they will fire you. I can understand that but when you are terminated after telling them in interview process that you have students living with you, that's wrong.
Productive and helpful to community
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 9, 2017
I enjoyed working here because of the atmosphere. Every day you get the opportunity to change someone's life and give them a second chance at an education.
Taught me a lot
Student (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 12, 2016
Tulsa welding school was so fun to me . We had classroom once a week to teach us new objectives about welding like how to learn how to pipefit which is basically math. The real fun started when we went in the lab to weld which i enjoyed every second of and i have no regrets. I loved it.
Admissions Representative Level III (Former Employee) –  Tulsa OKJune 30, 2016
I liked working at Tulsa Welding School. Helped many applicants realize their career goals. Very emotionally satisfying. Overall good experience.
Pros
Pay, staff, work envirnment, the service provided.
Cons
Job Security
If you desire to have no life
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 27, 2016
If you are a workaholic and are determined to have no personal life, then this is the place for you. They do offer wonderful benefits but you have to sacrifice your life for them. Management is always asking for more and they play favorites among the staff, ie. if your not in admissions prepare to always be on the chopping block for others mistakes. They over work you and under pay you along with asking you to take the responsibility to fix others mistakes.
Student
Welding professional (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 22, 2016
I was just a student i did not work there as i could not being a student. Great school and Great teachers. I learned a lot that i didn't know about welding and i knew quite bit to begin with.
Pros
student
Cons
student