TULSA WELDING SCHOOL Employee Reviews

Very high roll over
Distance Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 22, 2015
There were 20 sales directors in the last 3 years. There is not lot of room for anyone seeking to move up in their career. The turnover causes tension in the workplace.
I would not recommend working for this company!!!!!
Senior Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa Jacksonville Fl.August 9, 2015
Former Senior Instructor, this company is 100% money only, the bottom line, is all that counts to them. They will do and say whatever it take to get students,and value students over their employees. Unfortunately they sell the students a false bill of goods,for an exorbitant price. for those looking to work there don't. They do unethical things to keeps students "qualified" even when they are not.
Pros
Well equipped
Cons
Unethical, greedy, deceptive
great learning environment with experienced instructors
welder-training (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 1, 2015
Tulsa offers 90% hands on welding and fabricating experience. They gave me the skills and tools to accomplish almost anything in the welding and fabrication industry.
A great place to work!
Financial Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 29, 2015
Tulsa Welding School is a great place to work! It is very fast place, you plan to do one thing and everything go other way. So, every day was different. I worked with great people. i could never say a bad word about the school. I really enjoyed helping my student further their education. Seeing the smiles on their face at graduation was the best!
Pros
Great environment
Cons
I can not think of a con
cut throat company they will set u up to fail n fire u. it you are smart stay away from this horrible company.
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 5, 2015
Former Senior admissions rep. I have worked there for a lot of years n saw some pretty bad things there. Stay away from this company they do not care about their employees or the students. All they care about
Is government money. I have never worked for such a corrupted place before. Management will run this place into the ground they have no clue how to run a business.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
work hours
Great school for welding.
Student (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2015
The instructors were the best teaching in a way I could learn and understand. Nice welding environment and good safe facility.
Pros
good welding lessons get to weld all day.
Cons
no lunch
Continuance training environment with positive reinforcement.
HVAC Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville,FLoridaDecember 8, 2014
The experience has been rewarding and life changing for the students I had the pleasure of training. Being a part of the team has really made me grow as and instructor and seek new avenues to enhance adult learning.
Pros
unique training environment
Cons
creativity and innovation
nice people good work enviroment
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 30, 2014
I would sign in and just hand out electrodes so I stayed pretty busy I helped clean bathrooms and probably make a few tables.
Pros
a/c, cafeteria, paid weekly
Cons
bad pay, temporary
Great people and Great work
Secretary/VP Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 24, 2014
I always laughed at least once everyday, with so many different personalities. Couldn't have asked for better co-workers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no insurance
they fired a guy when he got cancer
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 10, 2014
highest turnover any place i have worked. Eight bosses in eight yrs
5 presidents. when i said you are not ethical to the last boss he wrote me up. went to the president she said he is not going any where. tried to force me into a letter of resignation. walked out . they both got let go after i quit. they both got fired and now after sticking up for the lady that had a heart bypass im looking for new work..
ok job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 23, 2014
wouldn't recommend. lots of time their is nothing to do so you have to find something to fill your time.
Temporary
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 15, 2014
Working for this school was rough. They lack structure, but i did manage to learn a bit from the other receptionist.
Pros
good pay, monday-friday
Cons
lack of leadership, no structure
good environment to work in
Welder (Former Employee) –  Tulsa OklahomaMarch 25, 2014
The trainning was exceptionally challenging. Other words awesome
Pros
quaterly bonus's
Cons
nothing really
Challenging
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa OklahomaMarch 5, 2014
Constantly busy
I learned additional skills to enhance my trade
Administration Department was excellent and helpful
The students I worked with were motivated
Hardest part of the was not learning more in the short period
Most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience
Instant gratification as an Instructor/Educator
Instructor/Educator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 20, 2014
This has been a wonderful opportunity to assist others in obtaining an education that can provide a wonderful quality of life by learning this technical trade.
Cons
shift work that was no longer conducive to my lifestyle.
Good school.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 13, 2013
I was taught a lot here. It covered various types of welding. GMAW, GTAW, SMAW, FCAW. I graduated with over 800 hours of documented welding hours. Required hours: 750.
Pros
open very late
Cons
some machinery was faulty.
Entry Level
professional welder program (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 26, 2013
Tulsa Welding School is a good place to learn a skill. you go in and weld. you get 1 15 minute break. But you meet alot of good people bettering themselfes
Pros
learn a trade
Cons
lots of students per instructor
I would never recommend working at this school...
Sr Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 6, 2013
When working here - you are constantly in fear of losing your job.

Upper Management doesn't care about the students - it's all about the number of students that start school; whether it's the right decision for the student or not...

Trying to be ethical - while still maintaining the "numbers" that you need so that you don't lose your job.

Loved working with the students and my co-workers, it was the management team that made it impossible to keep a healthy balance - good students and job security...
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
upper management has no clue how to run a successful school - they are running tws into the ground!
dishonest, underhanded, cut-throat
director of admissions (Former Employee) –  JacksonvilleApril 17, 2013
Corporate management should all be fired. This is by far the most corrupt group of individuals assembled in one location. Absolutely insane place to work. If you take a position here update your resume and start looking for a new job immediately. It doesn't master if they like you or if you do well they will fire you for sport. Believe every negative comment you read and understand there are others that just didn't bother posting. Nothing good comes from working for this company.
Pros
experience in how bad management can be
Cons
read review.
For stress puppies only...
Financial Aid Dept. (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 16, 2013
A typical day was constant frustration. I learned CYA here. Management will throw you under any bus that rolls by. Beware!!

The only reason it gets a star is because I enjoyed helping the students, and I had great co-workers. This job was my first experience working for a school... it may be my last.
Pros
great co-workers, medical benefits
Cons
no appreciation for employees, extreme work overload, very low pay, ridiculous turnover, stress