For over 40 years Tumbleweed Center for Youth Development has provided services to homeless and at-risk youth in our community. Tumbleweed Center for Youth Development touches the lives of over 3,000 youth every year. Our vision is that every young person is valued, has a safe place to live and the support necessary to grow and thrive.
We are currently accepting resumes for the position of Chief Financial Officer. This position is responsible for the operation of all fiscal aspects of agency operations. She/he works in partnership with the Executive Director in areas of budgeting and planning. The Chief Financial Officer reports to the Executive Director.
- Assures adherence to fiscal policies on banking, receipts, disbursements, credit and accounting matters and makes recommendations to Finance committee if needed.
- Advises the Executive Director on fiscal matters
- Responsible for all financial reporting and financial record-keeping functions.
- Assures timely reporting of all local, state, federal and funding source reports, including tax returns.
- Generates monthly Income Statements for each Cost Center and a summary, with Balance Sheet, for overall operations for review by the Program Managers, Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Validates budgeted (allowable) expenses tied to specific revenue sources as required by contract/grant sources and by Annual Audit.
- Responsible for general ledger through all trial balances, preparing monthly and year-end adjustments and accruals.
- Prepares cost reimbursement draw-downs and reports as required by individual revenue sources and maintains source documentation.
- Responsible for budgeting process by completing proposed budgets for review and approval based on input from Program Managers, Executive Director and Board of Directors, including an analysis.
- Organization liaison to independent auditors assembling information in standard formats for analysis, reporting on deviations, and coordinating efforts between firm and staff.
- Provides requested documentation, information and explanation of procedures to contract monitors.
- Bachelor's degree in business accounting. Five years experience as a controller, full charge bookkeeper or senior accountant, with supervisory responsibilities. Applicants must be able to obtain pass criminal background clearance check.
To apply submit cover letter, resume and salary history via e-mail to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or fax to (602) 271-0240 Tumbleweed Center for Youth Development is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indeed - 21 months ago