Tumbleweed Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Server/Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee), Madisonville, KYAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Fun Experience
Cons: Healthcare
really enjoyed working with my whole crew at Tumbleweed. always a new experience every day and i enjoyed going to work. Our boss made us all feel very appreciated during our work shift.
FUN ATMOSPHERE
Server (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 16, 2015
Pros: TIPPED DAILY
Cons: SLOW WINTERS
WITH ANY SERVNG POSITION YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE GOOD WITH THE BAD AFTER PEAK SEASON THERE IS A DEFINITE NEED FOR ANOTHER JOB
THERE IS NO WAY TO SUPPORT YOURSELF FROM THIS JOB USING IT AS A PRIMARY JOB
Very Fast Paced
Server (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 27, 2015
I worked at the Tumbleweed that was on the waterfront location before it closed. it was a very high volume restaurant with not enough management in place but the money was great if you could put up with the negative
Very fun place to be
Field Marketer (Former Employee), Springfield, OHJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Never a still moment
Cons: Lack of direction from management
I loved visiting prospective customers as well as previous catering customers. I felt I had a good repore with my customers.
tumbleweed is a great place to work
Dish Machine Operator/cook/host (Former Employee), Shelbyville, KYMay 5, 2015
tumbleweed is a wonderful place to work, all the workers are like family to each other, and management is amazing. the hardest part about the job is that some people are a little lazy, so you have to pick up the slack from others but other than that it was a great place to work.
stay away from this place
server (Former Employee), wooster, ohioMarch 22, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: everything and then some.
I worked at this place for 4 months. I quit the job I had because the gm told me she needed me for more hours. Once I quit my other job tumbleweed proceeded to call me off for 3 out of my 5 shifts every week, So I got a second job working 3rd shift. When I did this they starting scheduling me for double shifts so I would be working a total of 30 hours straight between both jobs. This place treated me like garbage. When I started there I got a total of 7 hours of training in a week then I was thrown onto the floor. They gave me training books and told me to just read them at home. I feel they set me up to fail. The management was terrible! I knew I couldn't approach them with a question or a problem. I got sighed at, cut out of my shifts, called names and just treated badly. One server actually said she hated me, another came into eat on her day off , sat in my section then requested anyone to serve her but me. I was bullied at this workplace and I truly recommend that if you are over 30 you shouldn't work here.
Fast paced learning environment
Server (Former Employee), Floyd Knobs, INFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: self employed (tips)
Cons: paid 2.13/hour
A rewarding aspect of waiting tables is generally you will get out as much work as you put in. Co-workers were the best part of the job but management was not to be desired.
Fayette Mall Food Court
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lexington KYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: had to move home.
This was a fast pace job in a busy Mall, I inventoried, cleaned, staffed, and took orders.I liked the job , I liked the food.
fun workplace
Lead Server (Former Employee), New Albany, INJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: free lunches and discounts
Cons: inexperinced co workers
worked around a young inexperienced crew so had opportunity to teach basics in hospitality and service. Would start by checking product dates, cleanliness of utensils and work stations, set up all tables and menu for guest arrival and pretty much had a part in every position offered without the pay ofcourse. really enjoyed the fast pace high intensity atmosphere and ability to interact with and directly influence a customers experience and or day. Management seemed to aim to please the staff more than the guests however, other than that fact a great opportunity fantastic overall experience.
The new management has made it a bad work environment
Hostess (Current Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 11, 2014
Cons: short or no breaks
Management plays favorites very badly and treats the employees very poorly and that leads to the other employees treating each other badly.
trying to fit in to the small town,
General Manager (Former Employee), Salem IndianaJuly 15, 2014
Pros: very close to home. and there was a vision
Cons: the small town staff and family, and insurance
opening and closing the store, food orders scheduling P&Ls any special for the day or week, Hiring and training of servers, back of house and bartenders, liquor sales any needs of the day, the first thing I learned was Indiana health department laws, it was the first time I encountered the health department in any state first hand but all went well and I learned a lot, even though I took the course it was its different when they come in, other management was few, I only worked there one year, although I had other store managers who helped me out a lot. Staffed with original employees not so good, it was a restaurant that took over another and kept all the original employees and it was a very small town, they didn't like change, and thought the supervisor who was there was going to be the general manager and when it didn't happen and I came in, they made it hard on me at every turn. I did make changes and for the good, I did have employees that worked with me and not against and the Company was a really good company and growing, but at that time I knew this store was not for me, I really liked my bosses and the owners, and it was close to home. what I loved about the job was the company spirit, and the vision that did eventually come about.
Fast paced and welcoming
Server (Current Employee), Wooster, OhioJuly 15, 2014
Lots of challenges with new customers, fast paced, energetic staff, fun management that cared about their workers.
Fun work environment
Server (Former Employee), Madisonville, KYJuly 10, 2014
Pros: doubles were't hard, made decent money on tips
Cons: no insurance, no paid vacation
I was promoted to a captain, which means I would be the first server to come in and get the front and the serving lane ready for the day. I learned overall how to take constructive criticism, better myself emotionally, and overcome obstacles. The hardest part of my day would be not getting a tip, being a server you pretty much work for tips so if I failed to get one I was only making $2.13 p/h while that particular guest(s) were there. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the guests, having them request me, and making people smile.
great woek environment
Maintenance tech (Former Employee), Chillicothe, OHJune 19, 2014
fun place to work. great for a part time job. excellent employees
nice place
Lead Cook (Former Employee), New Albany, INJune 18, 2014
Pros: polite co-workers
Cons: pay was not enough to live off of.
always plenty of work food prep in the mornings clean resturant for opening unload delivery trucks due in.
n/a
Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 8, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
it was a ok company to work for I enjoyed the customers and the management
EXCELLENT
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee), Maysville, KYJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: tips
Cons: paycheck
this job was a great job wounderful work setting and great coworkers. Management is excellent
fast pase and up beat work enviornment.
Hostess (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: free chips and salsa.
Cons: cleaning the boys bathroom.
A typical day would consist of cleaning and rolling silverware while seating people. management was helpful and my other coworkers were nice. The hardest part of the day was also my favorite because the more to do and the faster i work the quicker the day would go.
i loved this job
Grill Cook/Server/FoodRunner (Former Employee), Dublin, OHJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: people... free food .... great management
Cons: nothing
a typical day at work... fun
what you learned.... everything
management.... great
your co-workers.... fun
the hardest part of the job.... nothing
the most enjoyable part of the job....everything
great for college students
Food Runner/Trainer/Waitress (Former Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 2, 2014
flexible with employee's schedules. overall a great place to work when you have limited time to work