Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Employer Reviews

Fayette Mall Food Court
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lexington KYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: had to move home.
This was a fast pace job in a busy Mall, I inventoried, cleaned, staffed, and took orders.I liked the job , I liked the food.
fun workplace
Lead Server (Former Employee), New Albany, INJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: free lunches and discounts
Cons: inexperinced co workers
worked around a young inexperienced crew so had opportunity to teach basics in hospitality and service. Would start by checking product dates, cleanliness of utensils and work stations, set up all tables and menu for guest arrival and pretty much had a part in every position offered without the pay ofcourse. really enjoyed the fast pace high intensity atmosphere and ability to interact with and directly influence a customers experience and or day. Management seemed to aim to please the staff more than the guests however, other than that fact a great opportunity fantastic overall experience.
The new management has made it a bad work environment
Hostess (Current Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 11, 2014
Cons: short or no breaks
Management plays favorites very badly and treats the employees very poorly and that leads to the other employees treating each other badly.
trying to fit in to the small town,
General Manager (Former Employee), Salem IndianaJuly 15, 2014
Pros: very close to home. and there was a vision
Cons: the small town staff and family, and insurance
opening and closing the store, food orders scheduling P&Ls any special for the day or week, Hiring and training of servers, back of house and bartenders, liquor sales any needs of the day, the first thing I learned was Indiana health department laws, it was the first time I encountered the health department in any state first hand but all went well and I learned a lot, even though I took the course it was its different when they come in, other management was few, I only worked there one year, although I had other store managers who helped me out a lot. Staffed with original employees not so good, it was a restaurant that took over another and kept all the original employees and it was a very small town, they didn't like change, and thought the supervisor who was there was going to be the general manager and when it didn't happen and I came in, they made it hard on me at every turn. I did make changes and for the good, I did have employees that worked with me and not against and the Company was a really good company and growing, but at that time I knew this store was not for me, I really liked my bosses and the owners, and it was close to home. what I loved about the job was the company spirit, and the vision that did eventually come about.
Fast paced and welcoming
Server (Current Employee), Wooster, OhioJuly 15, 2014
Lots of challenges with new customers, fast paced, energetic staff, fun management that cared about their workers.
Fun work environment
Server (Former Employee), Madisonville, KYJuly 10, 2014
Pros: doubles were't hard, made decent money on tips
Cons: no insurance, no paid vacation
I was promoted to a captain, which means I would be the first server to come in and get the front and the serving lane ready for the day. I learned overall how to take constructive criticism, better myself emotionally, and overcome obstacles. The hardest part of my day would be not getting a tip, being a server you pretty much work for tips so if I failed to get one I was only making $2.13 p/h while that particular guest(s) were there. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the guests, having them request me, and making people smile.
great woek environment
Maintenance tech (Former Employee), Chillicothe, OHJune 19, 2014
fun place to work. great for a part time job. excellent employees
nice place
Lead Cook (Former Employee), New Albany, INJune 18, 2014
Pros: polite co-workers
Cons: pay was not enough to live off of.
always plenty of work food prep in the mornings clean resturant for opening unload delivery trucks due in.
n/a
Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 8, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
it was a ok company to work for I enjoyed the customers and the management
EXCELLENT
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee), Maysville, KYJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: tips
Cons: paycheck
this job was a great job wounderful work setting and great coworkers. Management is excellent
fast pase and up beat work enviornment.
Hostess (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: free chips and salsa.
Cons: cleaning the boys bathroom.
A typical day would consist of cleaning and rolling silverware while seating people. management was helpful and my other coworkers were nice. The hardest part of the day was also my favorite because the more to do and the faster i work the quicker the day would go.
i loved this job
Grill Cook/Server/FoodRunner (Former Employee), Dublin, OHJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: people... free food .... great management
Cons: nothing
a typical day at work... fun
what you learned.... everything
management.... great
your co-workers.... fun
the hardest part of the job.... nothing
the most enjoyable part of the job....everything
great for college students
Food Runner/Trainer/Waitress (Former Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 2, 2014
flexible with employee's schedules. overall a great place to work when you have limited time to work
Fun energetic workplace with quality product
General Manager (Former Employee), Murray, KYNovember 25, 2013
Pros: free meals good benefits
Cons: work/homelife balance
Typical day included placing orders with vendors, setting pars for daily products, setting a floorplan, preparing pre-shift notes, supervising employees during business hours, and ensuring that daily cleaning projects were accomplished.
Hardest part of job was overseeing every aspect of business with enough detail to ensure proper execution and growth.
It was okay
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYNovember 16, 2013
I didnt really love working there the managers were never on the same page. Different manager different rules.
Counselor
Environmental Awareness Teacher (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 26, 2013
Nice environment to work in. Children were a pleasure to work with. Great coworkers.
Great restaurant
Server (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJuly 29, 2013
Fellow co-workers were great it's too bad that the restaurant had to close because of a fire.
I ENJOY HAVING FUN HELPING PEOPLE
Bartender (Former Employee), Kettering, OHMarch 25, 2013
BEING FRIENDLY SMILING RINGING UP CUSTOMERS EIGHT HOUR SHIFTS FOLLOWING MANAGEMENT RULES GETTING ALONG WITH AND MAKING FRIENDS WITH CO -WORKERS AND CUSTOMERS THE MOST ENJOYABLE3 PART OF THE JOB WAS TALKING WITH THE CUSTOMERS THE HARDEST PART WAS DEALING WITH GROCERY COUPONS
Great
Host/Food Server (Former Employee), Henderson, KYJanuary 11, 2013
Great company. I worked here when I was in highschool and they worked around my schedule very well and I was abloe to make enough money for movies and going out.
tumbleweed
Host, Waitress, Cook, Bartender (Former Employee), New Albany, INSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: new people
nice place to start off in ..the co-workers were good to be a team member with..you always meet new people an become freiends with the regulaers too..

About Tumbleweed

Enjoy the rich, smoky taste of our Mesquite-grilled steaks, ribs, chicken & seafood or the zing of our Tex-Mex spiced burritos, – Read more