Tumbleweed Employee Reviews in United States

Positive work environment, always something to do to stay busy
Server (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYApril 16, 2016
Wasn't anything over bearing, usually head a steady paste expect during lunch and dinner hours. The hardest part of the job was remember the menu to make recommendations.
Great starting job
Expo (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 5, 2016
If you are still in school and want some money to spend, this is a great job. It is stressful, but at the end of the day, you really cant complain because it could have been worse.
worked mornings and KM was a great manager
Cook (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 8, 2016
worked mornings prepping the food and set up stations to get the lunch rush going and did dishwashing. learned from KM to communicate with co-workers and how to prep food.
Enlightening
Dish Tank Operator (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHJanuary 13, 2016
Was enlightened in how much goes into the restaurant industry from prepping and preparing and the lack of respect from everything that goes into it.
I enjoyed Volunteering
volunteer work (Former Employee) –  MTOctober 5, 2015
I not only volunteered here but I was also apart of the Hope Link Program and without the staff who helped me, I wouldn't be the person I am today. So big thanks to them for putting our needs first and doing whatever they could to help us be stable in our lives.
A family oriented place to eat and drink a margarita
server (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHAugust 27, 2015
Having been a server at Tumbleweed for nearly 5 years now, I admit that I like my job for the most part. We work with the public every day and like every other job, we have our good and our bad days. Some days we work as little as an hour and other days, such as a Friday, we work up to 8 hours. A big part of our job is team work. Every place needs team work. At Tumbleweed, team work is running food for a server who just got double sat or filling up the chips and salsa when they use the last of it. I have to say we have a pretty good management staff. Whenever we need something they are right there to help. They are also very understanding. Of all the crazy things, I enjoy serving guests the most. The hardest part about working a serving job is not knowing how much money you are going to make on a daily basis, which make budgeting a struggle.
Pros
work around your schedule
Cons
no breaks
not bad
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYOctober 20, 2015
pay is not consistent as it is based on tips you have your good and bad days as well as customers the staff themselves were mostly fun to be around and made the day more enjoyable.
Serving
Server (Former Employee) –  Floyds Knobs, INSeptember 25, 2015
If you've never served before and want to get into the game then Tumbleweed would be the perfect starting point. There isn't a huge emphasis on the quality of service so if you're not great starting out you'll be fine.
Fun work place
Server/Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYAugust 25, 2015
really enjoyed working with my whole crew at Tumbleweed. always a new experience every day and i enjoyed going to work. Our boss made us all feel very appreciated during our work shift.
Pros
Fun Experience
Cons
Healthcare
Fun atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 16, 2015
With any servng position you have to take the good with the bad after peak season there is a definite need for another job
There is no way to support yourself from this job using it as a primary job
Pros
TIPPED DAILY
Cons
SLOW WINTERS
fun work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHSeptember 10, 2015
I liked the job as a hostess, fun environment work place, enjoyed the customers who were regulars an new customers. Provided a smile on my face and gave excellent customer care.
Very Fast Paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 27, 2015
I worked at the Tumbleweed that was on the waterfront location before it closed. it was a very high volume restaurant with not enough management in place but the money was great if you could put up with the negative
tumbleweed is a great place to work
Dish Machine Operator/cook/host (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYMay 5, 2015
tumbleweed is a wonderful place to work, all the workers are like family to each other, and management is amazing. the hardest part about the job is that some people are a little lazy, so you have to pick up the slack from others but other than that it was a great place to work.
Very fun place to be
Field Marketer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJuly 14, 2015
I loved visiting prospective customers as well as previous catering customers. I felt I had a good repore with my customers.
Pros
Never a still moment
Cons
Lack of direction from management
fun workplace
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJanuary 15, 2015
worked around a young inexperienced crew so had opportunity to teach basics in hospitality and service. Would start by checking product dates, cleanliness of utensils and work stations, set up all tables and menu for guest arrival and pretty much had a part in every position offered without the pay ofcourse. really enjoyed the fast pace high intensity atmosphere and ability to interact with and directly influence a customers experience and or day. Management seemed to aim to please the staff more than the guests however, other than that fact a great opportunity fantastic overall experience.
Pros
free lunches and discounts
Cons
inexperinced co workers
stay away from this place
server (Former Employee) –  wooster, ohioMarch 22, 2015
I worked at this place for 4 months. I quit the job I had because the gm told me she needed me for more hours. Once I quit my other job tumbleweed proceeded to call me off for 3 out of my 5 shifts every week, So I got a second job working 3rd shift. When I did this they starting scheduling me for double shifts so I would be working a total of 30 hours straight between both jobs. This place treated me like garbage. When I started there I got a total of 7 hours of training in a week then I was thrown onto the floor. They gave me training books and told me to just read them at home. I feel they set me up to fail. The management was terrible! I knew I couldn't approach them with a question or a problem. I got sighed at, cut out of my shifts, called names and just treated badly. One server actually said she hated me, another came into eat on her day off , sat in my section then requested anyone to serve her but me. I was bullied at this workplace and I truly recommend that if you are over 30 you shouldn't work here.
Pros
close to home
Cons
everything and then some.
Fast paced learning environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Floyd Knobs, INFebruary 25, 2015
A rewarding aspect of waiting tables is generally you will get out as much work as you put in. Co-workers were the best part of the job but management was not to be desired.
Pros
self employed (tips)
Cons
paid 2.13/hour
Fun work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYJuly 10, 2014
I was promoted to a captain, which means I would be the first server to come in and get the front and the serving lane ready for the day. I learned overall how to take constructive criticism, better myself emotionally, and overcome obstacles. The hardest part of my day would be not getting a tip, being a server you pretty much work for tips so if I failed to get one I was only making $2.13 p/h while that particular guest(s) were there. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the guests, having them request me, and making people smile.
Pros
doubles were't hard, made decent money on tips
Cons
no insurance, no paid vacation
Fun energetic workplace with quality product
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYNovember 25, 2013
Typical day included placing orders with vendors, setting pars for daily products, setting a floorplan, preparing pre-shift notes, supervising employees during business hours, and ensuring that daily cleaning projects were accomplished.
Hardest part of job was overseeing every aspect of business with enough detail to ensure proper execution and growth.
Pros
free meals good benefits
Cons
work/homelife balance
Fun workplace, and great guests and food.
salesperson (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 28, 2012
I just enjoy working with people, and Tumbleweed gave me the ability to serve guests and doing what I enjoy. The business just wasnt as good as I needed it to be. The tip share system was also higher than any other restaraunt. Overall it was a decent job.
Pros
discount on food, good co workers, fun, good food, plenty of hours
Cons
no insurance, not much business, to high of % to tip out