Tumbleweed Employee Reviews

Great Mexican Food and Experienced Employees
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHMarch 20, 2017
Tumbleweed was my very first job. unfortunately they were closed due to bankruptcy, but that was a fun workplace and had good pay and good hours. so if you have a Tumbleweed in your area i suggest that you go apply and try their steak.
Very fun place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INMarch 11, 2017
Work environment can be fun and fast-paced. Can make good money as long as you put forth the hours and have excellent customer service and serving skills.
TumbleWeed/Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 9, 2017
TumbleWeed was a very fun and exciting workplace. I was a host there. I experienced lots of thing like how to greet guest at the door serve a little. I was able to experience new and different foods weekly. I enjoyed working for the company a lot because I got a chance to work with new faces and see different faces of guest everyday. I love the fact that TumbleWeed stayed very busy.
Pros
50% employee meals
Cons
30 Minute Breaks
Good
August 2007 - Hostess (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43213March 8, 2017
Great part time hours. Great management. Flexibility. It was a good company to work for, especially when you're going to school.

Our location sadly closed down after a couple years.
by far the worst
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nowata, OKFebruary 13, 2017
the restraunt is closed now.i work make sure my station was clean and ready for the day, take food orders from the customers and help run the kitchen. manager had no business being in his position. the employees were not drug tested and high school drop outs
Pros
the restraunt is closed
Cons
there are none
Office work around facility for homeless youth.
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2016
Management is a bit unorganized. The staff is fun and make coming to work bearable, seeing as our job can be rough sometimes.
Pros
Staff are fun to work with.
Cons
There wre no consequences for the youth we have so it makes it harder for staff to do their jobs.
New start up company
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 7, 2016
Start up company of building tiny homes on a in house made steel trailer. My position was mainly electrical and plumbing rough in to finish and also over see complete general construction of product.
It was a great learning block for me.
Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHNovember 25, 2016
Slow business, but great workers and close knit team. Lots of manager meetings that required decent travel. The Location always seemed to get ignored as opposed to other locations in the company. Never felt like a priority.
Pros
Free food for my shift
Cons
Slow business. No remodel
Fun, but you can't be yourself
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 7, 2016
Typical day at work was fun . the management was quite unfair .. loved the people I worked . Free food sometimes, nice customers .. Good food. Well cooked properly
Pros
Free dinners sometimes
Cons
Nice hour breaks
Stressful Work environment, but overall a good place to work
server (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHOctober 15, 2016
would come in on my shift make sure things were clean and set up ready to go. learned to make sure customers had a good experience meeting there needs. to do what management expected of you and to go beyond that. work as a team player to go out of your way to help others. taking care of at least 10 to 20 tables by my self and making sure there tables were bused and had drink refills plus stocking station and cleaning getting to meet new people and interacting with them and the children.
Pros
Kept all tips, free meals
Cons
High theft level, high stress environment
This job got old very fast
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHAugust 24, 2016
I worked for this company for a few years. Some of the managers and employees I got to work with were awesome, others not so much. (But that can be wherever you work). After awhile the job kind of just grew old of me. I didnt enjoy going into work anymore. I loved my customers, it was the staff i didnt enjoy being around while I was working.
fast paced
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Maysville, KYJuly 25, 2016
As a Server making minimum wage the work is fast paced you have to be a people person making sure that everything is perfect for them from when they step through the door to when they step out of the door. The hardest part of this job was when a customer Complained.
Was fun to work at.
Manager, Server, Bartender (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJuly 22, 2016
Other then working on the weekends and upper management change every 3 years it wasn't bad. Most are out of business. Was hard to balance work and life.
Pros
people and staff
Cons
worked weekends
work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Englewood, OHApril 18, 2016
it had horrible manager, very unorganized. the manager was never there to help out when he was needed nor was the co workers. some of the co workers would not finish their job before they left for the night like washing dishes,help roll silverware for the next day.
Positive work environment, always something to do to stay busy
Server (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYApril 16, 2016
Wasn't anything over bearing, usually head a steady paste expect during lunch and dinner hours. The hardest part of the job was remember the menu to make recommendations.
Great starting job
Expo (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 5, 2016
If you are still in school and want some money to spend, this is a great job. It is stressful, but at the end of the day, you really cant complain because it could have been worse.
Enlightening
Dish Tank Operator (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHJanuary 13, 2016
Was enlightened in how much goes into the restaurant industry from prepping and preparing and the lack of respect from everything that goes into it.
worked mornings and KM was a great manager
Cook (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 8, 2016
worked mornings prepping the food and set up stations to get the lunch rush going and did dishwashing. learned from KM to communicate with co-workers and how to prep food.
not bad
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYOctober 20, 2015
pay is not consistent as it is based on tips you have your good and bad days as well as customers the staff themselves were mostly fun to be around and made the day more enjoyable.
I enjoyed Volunteering
volunteer work (Former Employee) –  MTOctober 5, 2015
I not only volunteered here but I was also apart of the Hope Link Program and without the staff who helped me, I wouldn't be the person I am today. So big thanks to them for putting our needs first and doing whatever they could to help us be stable in our lives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tumbleweed. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9