Tuomey Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Productive, Opportunity for advancement
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCMarch 6, 2017
Fast pace environment. Strong oral and written communication needed. I learned to work strongly as a team. I learned accountability, how to adhere to company policy in regards to confidentiality and other factors of HIPPA.
Growing hospital with compassion
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJanuary 8, 2017
Learned a lot in my years and patient care was top priority. Hardest part of the job was maintaining a timely schedule with minimal staff. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients in their journey to recovery
Pros
reduced lunches, good benefits
Cons
none to mention
great people
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 11, 2016
great working environment. Manager encourages education and willing to work with your schedule. Is easy to talk to and ask questions of. Staff is very helpful especially when you first start working.
Pros
small office
Cons
small office
Care of a variety of patient types
Women Center-RN (Current Employee) –  Sumter, scDecember 26, 2015
Typical day includes care of a variety of female patients from antepartum and postpartum to surgical and medical patients. The co-workers I have are very supportive. The hardest part of my job is the long hours. The most enjoyable part is being able to serve others.
Great coworkers. No opportunity for advancement
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 17, 2015
I enjoyed this job and had wonderful coworkers but there was no hope for advancement. Since I've left one dietitian position has been cut and one other left. They increased her workload without increasing her pay.
Updated hospital and great co-workers
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 30, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Tuomey. I not only worked there for 5 years but did my clinical rotations there for Surgical technology.
Great people to work with, but compensation could be better
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCAugust 30, 2015
I've learned a lot while working at Tuomey. An example being how important it is to make patients and family feel cared for with mindful / sensitive communication.

While the compensation at Tuomey was entirely satisfactory, I remained there because I enjoyed the fellowship with management, peers and patients. Working with hospital staff that truly cares for those in need is important to me. I want to feel that I am making a difference in every aspect of others experience at work.
Pros
Friendy staff
Cons
Poor pay
Room for advancement, poor teamwork & pay.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCAugust 15, 2015
This is my first job. And don't get me wrong I will be forever greatful for the opportunity and experience, but the teamwork at this place is horrible. The pay doesn't match all the responsibilities that a CNA has to do. SOME of the nurses dont mind lending a hand , but the majority of them will simply not help you, even if they dont have anything else better to do. You've been warned.
Pros
Room for advancement, flexibility.
Cons
HORRIBLE teamwork, low pay
Great working with patients. Very poor pay and mangement staff.
CNA (Former Employee) –  SumterJuly 24, 2015
Tuomey could be a better place to work if it had better pay and better management.iThe nursing staff for the most part is very lazy and thinks some parts of patient care is not their job. Someone needs to let them know patient care in the healthcare field is everyone's job.
Pros
Great working with patients
Cons
Very poor mangement, Lazy nursing staff, Poor pay
Awesome opportunities
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 22, 2015
Inpatient Rehab is like working with your best friends, everybody at this facility is like a big happy family. Great CI's to help students learn as much as possible in a variety of scenarios.
Caring and compassionate place driven towards excellent patient care
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 13, 2015
Pre-registering/Registering patients for various tests and procedures. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new patients daily.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
unpaid holidays
Productive and fun
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 9, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Tuomey. They believe in educating their employees to the max. You were trained very well with your new job before being placed alone. There was room to succeed. I chose to leave because I was a single parent. Moving to Kershaw Health was better for my family.
love working at Tuomey Medical Park & Tuomey Healthcare System
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCMay 8, 2015
I've enjoyed working as staff in different position. Most enjoyed the phlebotomy. The employees was pleasant to work with. I can say the environment is pleasant to work.
Pros
didn't want to leave
Ahhh lol
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant / Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 20, 2015
I loved my job , coworkers and patients but management was very poor. Not all management but this one particular nurse/supervisor is crazy. She manages two separate floors up there and is a devil to work for. She wants you to kill yourself everyday and never ask for a few seconds of a break. If you request time off a month early she will still find a way to not give it to you.. She really is not a people person and honestly she is the only reason I left my job there.
A great learning experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCMarch 26, 2015
Working with people from the community is the best part of the job. Employees are very friendly and have a lot of pride in Tuomey Hospital.
Family Environment
Patient Access Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCDecember 23, 2014
Tuomey Healthcare is a great place to start a career in Healthcare. There are a vast array of learning opportunities if you are willing to take them. The work environment resembles that of a family they try to promote from within before searching outside of the company. With that being said once you are hired there many people do not decide to leave the company until they retire.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Learning Oppourtunitues
Busy workplace
CNA (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCDecember 5, 2014
Love caring for the patients, they are all great! Some staff and management are rude and unpleasant. Overall, working for tuomey is a great learning experience otherwise.
Pros
Great patients
Cons
Low pay, rude and lazy staff
Typical Small Hospital
General Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 22, 2014
I enjoy my coworkers and enjoy getting to know physicians on a daily basis.
Down to earth staff. Kind patients. Great place to work.
Clinical Technician/ Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Sumter, South CarolinaSeptember 3, 2013
I started at Tuomey Hospital as a nursing student. From there I took on a job as a clinical Technician which is similar to a nurses aid. I learned time management, charting, organization, quality client care and functioning as a member of a team. The hardest part of the job was when we would get several admits and discharges around the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients. They were kind, gentle and very real.
A family oriented and exciting place to work.
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCAugust 21, 2013
Fast paced and exciting was a typical day at work you never knew what would happen.I learned to count on my coworkers for support. Team core values and how to be a better care giver and person were also learned.Management was available to handle any concerns as well as tooting the horn for employees when they triumph.My coworkers were the best any one could ask for, they are hard working and caring individuals.The hardest part of the job was not being able to assist every patient that sat before me. The most enjoyable part was making someone angry-happy and sad-smile.
Pros
excellent healthcare, vendor fairs, great food.
Cons
non smoking