Tuomey Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Care of a variety of patient types
Women Center-RN (Current Employee) –  Sumter, scDecember 26, 2015
Typical day includes care of a variety of female patients from antepartum and postpartum to surgical and medical patients. The co-workers I have are very supportive. The hardest part of my job is the long hours. The most enjoyable part is being able to serve others.
Great coworkers. No opportunity for advancement
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 17, 2015
I enjoyed this job and had wonderful coworkers but there was no hope for advancement. Since I've left one dietitian position has been cut and one other left. They increased her workload without increasing her pay.
Updated hospital and great co-workers
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 30, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Tuomey. I not only worked there for 5 years but did my clinical rotations there for Surgical technology.
Great people to work with, but compensation could be better
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCAugust 30, 2015
I've learned a lot while working at Tuomey. An example being how important it is to make patients and family feel cared for with mindful / sensitive communication.

While the compensation at Tuomey was entirely satisfactory, I remained there because I enjoyed the fellowship with management, peers and patients. Working with hospital staff that truly cares for those in need is important to me. I want to feel that I am making a difference in every aspect of others experience at work.
Pros
Friendy staff
Cons
Poor pay
Room for advancement, poor teamwork & pay.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCAugust 15, 2015
This is my first job. And don't get me wrong I will be forever greatful for the opportunity and experience, but the teamwork at this place is horrible. The pay doesn't match all the responsibilities that a CNA has to do. SOME of the nurses dont mind lending a hand , but the majority of them will simply not help you, even if they dont have anything else better to do. You've been warned.
Pros
Room for advancement, flexibility.
Cons
HORRIBLE teamwork, low pay
Great working with patients. Very poor pay and mangement staff.
CNA (Former Employee) –  SumterJuly 24, 2015
Tuomey could be a better place to work if it had better pay and better management.iThe nursing staff for the most part is very lazy and thinks some parts of patient care is not their job. Someone needs to let them know patient care in the healthcare field is everyone's job.
Pros
Great working with patients
Cons
Very poor mangement, Lazy nursing staff, Poor pay
Awesome opportunities
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 22, 2015
Inpatient Rehab is like working with your best friends, everybody at this facility is like a big happy family. Great CI's to help students learn as much as possible in a variety of scenarios.
Caring and compassionate place driven towards excellent patient care
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 13, 2015
Pre-registering/Registering patients for various tests and procedures. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new patients daily.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
unpaid holidays
Productive and fun
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 9, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Tuomey. They believe in educating their employees to the max. You were trained very well with your new job before being placed alone. There was room to succeed. I chose to leave because I was a single parent. Moving to Kershaw Health was better for my family.
love working at Tuomey Medical Park & Tuomey Healthcare System
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCMay 8, 2015
I've enjoyed working as staff in different position. Most enjoyed the phlebotomy. The employees was pleasant to work with. I can say the environment is pleasant to work.
Pros
didn't want to leave
Ahhh lol
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant / Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 20, 2015
I loved my job , coworkers and patients but management was very poor. Not all management but this one particular nurse/supervisor is crazy. She manages two separate floors up there and is a devil to work for. She wants you to kill yourself everyday and never ask for a few seconds of a break. If you request time off a month early she will still find a way to not give it to you.. She really is not a people person and honestly she is the only reason I left my job there.
A great learning experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCMarch 26, 2015
Working with people from the community is the best part of the job. Employees are very friendly and have a lot of pride in Tuomey Hospital.
Family Environment
Patient Access Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCDecember 23, 2014
Tuomey Healthcare is a great place to start a career in Healthcare. There are a vast array of learning opportunities if you are willing to take them. The work environment resembles that of a family they try to promote from within before searching outside of the company. With that being said once you are hired there many people do not decide to leave the company until they retire.
Pros
friendly staff, learning oppourtunitues
Busy workplace
CNA (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCDecember 5, 2014
Love caring for the patients, they are all great! Some staff and management are rude and unpleasant. Overall, working for tuomey is a great learning experience otherwise.
Pros
great patients
Cons
low pay, rude and lazy staff
Typical Small Hospital
General Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 22, 2014
I enjoy my coworkers and enjoy getting to know physicians on a daily basis.
A good place to learn, interact with families/pts and gain experience
Interagency Council President (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCMay 2, 2014
Clients are scheduled and visited according to regulations
Charting is done on each pt.
Calls are made for follow up bereavement
Letters/Cards are mail out
Flowers are ordered and delivered to patients
IDT meetings and assessments are shared with co-workers
Research and reading is done for educational presentations
The hardest part is the computer program recording patients charts
The most enjoyable part is assessment of needs with patients
The co workers are pleasant and work as a team
Management is restructuring due a court case involving fraud
Pros
autonomy
Cons
the last few years their has been a decline in "doing the right thing"
A family oriented and exciting place to work.
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCAugust 21, 2013
Fast paced and exciting was a typical day at work you never knew what would happen.I learned to count on my coworkers for support. Team core values and how to be a better care giver and person were also learned.Management was available to handle any concerns as well as tooting the horn for employees when they triumph.My coworkers were the best any one could ask for, they are hard working and caring individuals.The hardest part of the job was not being able to assist every patient that sat before me. The most enjoyable part was making someone angry-happy and sad-smile.
Pros
excellent healthcare, vendor fairs, great food.
Cons
non smoking
Wonderful environment
Food/Nutritional Associate (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 10, 2013
Working at Tuomey healthcare system I learned the different types of diets.
Woring with patients is fun
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJune 10, 2013
not quite happy with the low pay, superiors are very rude, but some days work is fun
I enjoyed most of my thirty five years at Tuomey. I would tell eveyone that Tuomey was just in my blood.
Accounting Generalist/Fixed Asset Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 16, 2013
I have seen many changes at Tuomey. I have always worked in a small department, We were all best friends and worked together for the good of the hospital. I have had many different managers. Some great and some made getting up and going to work a real challenge. I have learned over the years that it is your attitude that can make your day a good or bad one. Your attitude can make you or break you. You can not always change those around you but you can work around them. Doing your best work and doing what you can to help the company that you work for reach their goal is most important. I loved my work. Helping others is so rewarding, rather it be a vendor on the phone or a visitor or patient walking down the hall. You can take any job and make it fun and exciting. Some days all I did was key in invoices, but I made it a challenge, trying to do more than the day before. Other days I worked on spreadsheets and balanced the property ledger to the general ledger. I spent several days a month working on fixed assets. No matter what the job, I made it fun. Some took lots of thought and hard work but the end result was rewarding enough for me. Your job is what you make it no matter how small or how large. You can be your worst enemy. Life is to short, why not be your best friend. Set goals for yourself and take pride in what you do. Always try to do your best. Quantity, quality and attitude are three important words.
Pros
tuomey is just a great place to work. i loved what i did.
Cons
those who try to get ahead by stepping on the ones who really care