Turkey Hill Minit Markets

Turkey Hill Minit Markets United States Employee Reviews

one of the lower paying convenience store chains
FIELD AUDITOR (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Fast paced, friendly environment
Cons: Upper management doesn't spend enough time in the stores. Low pay
Meet and help lots of customers.
Provide a clean, friendly environment.
Work in a team environment.
Work availability needs to 24/7 and you will work on holidays, weekends, and nights.
Opportunity for promotion into management.
Pay is not competitive within the industry, however this is a fast paced environment.
You can learn a lot of skills that will aide you in any future endeavors
Poor management - good underlings
Store Associate (Former Employee), Minersville, PAApril 7, 2015
Cons: no breaks no matter how long of a shift you are scheduled
This probably isn't an awful place to work as long as there is a good manager in the store - unfortunately, I worked at a store with an awful manager. She teased her employees relentlessly. She changed schedules without informing employees that changes had been made. I was hired to move into a management position; however, within the first two weeks of working there, I was told I would never be promoted to the position I had been promised. I didn't mind the the co-workers or customers, and seeing people on a daily basis was enjoyable.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), lancaster paDecember 1, 2014
very fast paced and energetic place to work. very friendly workers. go above and beyond to satisfy customers.
deli associate
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Waynesboro, PANovember 12, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: pressure from customers
i worked as a deli associate, duties included taking customer orders, preparing food and cleaning of my area and floor. After a year i realized that retail is not my type of work
Average
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), 3585 Rothsville RD Ephrata PANovember 12, 2014
Pros: i loved the customers and the daily challanges put before me.
Cons: little or no support from my immediated supervisor. no holidays off allowing family time.
I loved my job. I was very good at running a C-store. My upper management did not support me and chose favorites among the district. There were several situations where I was placed in a position that my morals and values were put to the test. there was also an incident where I was directed to ignore company policy to get the end result the immediate supervisor wanted.
Busy
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Pottstown, PAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: it was a paycheck
Cons: hectic, obnoxious, no benefits, no actual breaks, and no helpful management.
Stock, shelves, freezers, coolers, coffee prep, food prep, cash register operator. Management was ineffective.
The best job so far
Utility worker (Current Employee), Enola, PAOctober 16, 2014
Great work atmosphere. The best coworkers and job duties. I was very grateful to be hired.
Trade skills
Cashier (Former Employee), Temple, PAJuly 25, 2014
Worked at customer's house's or business. Fast pace to get the job done and complete. Learned skills on the job and ran to pick up products.
Great to meet customers but bad management
Cashier (Former Employee), columbus, ohioApril 20, 2014
Turkey hill was great for meeting new people (customers). the management showed favoritism and bias towards certain types of people. and never gave raises
A hard days' work with exciting people to work with.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, PAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: working with the public
The typical day at work includes stocking, cash handling, people in general. I meet new people every day, and see the same people as well. Building a foundation of relationships with customers is of high importance, and it's done every day. When all goes well, working with one another is one of the greatest parts of the job. The most difficult part of the job is making sure every task gets accomplished before the end of each shift. It is sometimes difficult, but that is what makes the challenge and reward greater. The most enjoyable part of the job is creating a relationship, even for only a few minutes, with everyone who walks through the doors.
Avoid at all costs!
Store Manager (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: nothing worth mentioning.
Cons: leadership, physical conditions of stores, little support for stores.
It is hard to believe that this organization stays afloat with the poor leadership that exists. Upper management treats store management with open contempt. If you are looking to maintain an ounce of self esteem or self respect this is not the company for you. It thrives on the 'good ole boy concept'. You could be totally inept but if you are someone's buddy you are in! From district level on up they take a lot of pride in destroying the self esteem of every store team and telling you how bad you are. This is mostly in effort to deflect their shortcomings. Most, if not all,have no leadership ability at all. That coupled with very little industry knowledge makes for a bad work environment. If you enjoy a fast pace and engaging customers than this is a good job, just not the right place to work. It thrives on the history of Turkey Hill in Central PA and it's affiliation with Kroger. That will soon end as people rezlize the competition is better!
Fast paced upbeat environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Hanover< PANovember 27, 2013
Pros: fast, fun, friendly
Cons: compensation
Busy place 99% of the time. Enjoyable atmosphere. Always room for advancement if you put in the effort.
Awful place to work.
Clerk (Former Employee), Lampeter, PAOctober 8, 2013
Working at Turkey Hill as a clerk is awful. I started at minimum wage, and though I got one .30 cent raise after my three month evaluation, I never got another after that. The managers are supposed to do an evaluation every three months and they did not. So I was paid minimum wage, working 30-40 hour weeks at part time, and had all the closing responsibilities. Turkey Hill was a terrible place to work, and the company is very unfair to its employees.
Summary
Manager (Current Employee), Sunbury, PAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: everyday, loyal customers
Cons: hard to balance a life outside of managment
I have worked at Turkey Hill Minit Markets for a little over 14 yrs now. I have learned a lot in these past 14 yrs and continue to learn more everyday. My typical day at Turkey Hill is going in at 5 am and getting daily paperwork completed, customer service, making coffee, cleaning, daily banking, stocking shelves, coolers, freezers, taking care of any customer or employee issues, etc.
Poor Management
Store Associate (Former Employee), Schuylkill Haven, PASeptember 16, 2013
Lack of communication between management leaving the employees to deal with the consequences..
retail
Store Manager (Former Employee), Carbondale, PAAugust 22, 2013
days were hectic but very filled with much to do. Paperwork in the morning, customers, and many projects and deadlines to meet.
Great place to advance to higher position
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Plymouth, PAAugust 21, 2013
Pros: reward card that gives you a lot of extras for your money.
Cons: working with associates who don't have the work ethics that you have and believe in.
It is a great place to learn about the process of running a large store. You learn how to enter orders into the handheld to send to your merchandiser. you learn all aspect of where to get your product to how to display for the best point of sale for the product.
Greedy corporation
Store Manager (Former Employee), York, PAJuly 31, 2013
Pros: benifits not bad if you can get full time
Cons: unrealistic expectations, no breaks, rude upper management
I worked for this company for 21 years and was fired. They said it was because of poor work performance, but 3 months prior I was asked to take a promotion to a higher volume store. The real reason I was fired was because they could save $15,000 - $20,000 a year by replacing me with a new inexperienced manager. Upper management is rude and nasty. Policies are continuously being changed and store associates are expected to work miracles for little more than minimum wage.
typical of corporate America in this economy
Store Manager (Former Employee), landisvilleJune 6, 2013
Pros: free coffee, and sodas
Cons: no balance for our lives
I was fired for employee performance, as I was a store manager. We were constantly held to unrealistic standards, while our concerns and opinions fell on deaf ears. Upper management had a laser focus on the bottom line which led to many quality managers being fired for ridiculous reasons or they left before being fired. I enjoyed the customers and the job when I joined the company, but as the upper management changed so did the attitude towards their employees. Our hourly employees worked hard, and there were high standards for them to follow, and most did. But it was harder to find people to stick with us as the company demanded more & more from us all.I was constantly hiring, training and losing people as they grew tired of the ever changing policies and/or procedures. Ruling by fear is not an ideal environment for employees to flourish in.
Standard retail work enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pen Argyl, PAMarch 23, 2013
Pros: not a bad part-time job for a college student
Cons: no breaks, no benefits for part-timers or vacation time
A typical day involves helping customers as well as cleaning and stocking.

Turkey Hill Minit Markets Salaries