Turkey Hill Minit Markets Employee Reviews

Good starter job or summer job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PA 17033February 27, 2017
I was working here while going to college. The hours would occasionally cut into my school schedule, but most locations are willing to work with you. The manager at this particular location is a lot to handle, but the other stores in the area are much more relaxed and willing to work with you. As for the job itself, it's not that difficult. It's a lot of busy work and you are on your feet all day since you are not allowed to sit down at work and there are no breaks regardless of whether you are there for 4 hours or 10 hours.
2 in line is two many
Manager/Future Leader (Current Employee) –  Enola, Harrisburg, Carlisle, Mechanicsburg,LemoyneJanuary 12, 2017
Get ready for the races, this co prides itself of speed of service and overall cleanliness, which is good, however they will fire you in an instant over a menial mistake. Which is why all stores are always understaffed. I gave a year of my life to these people, Worked 7 stores, every shift, never said no to them when asked to do anything and in the end I was termed, due to my desire to help their customers and having four $20 bills in my cash drawer. WTF.
Welcome to the convenience store world.
Pros
Working with your customers
Cons
Drama, drama and more drama, call offs call offs and more call offs
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMarch 7, 2017
It was a fun place to work at but the customers were rude the manager was rude and I just had personal problems going on at home so I had to leave I had a two-year-old son so I was a stay-at-home mom
Pros
Never had breaks
Cons
Do you only time we had brakes was just to smoke a cigarette
Face-paced environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ashland, PADecember 28, 2016
There is not much, if any, downtime. If we aren't waiting on customers, we are making coffee or restocking, making food, or cleaning. My co-workers make my shifts go quickly. We have fun and still get our work done. My manager understands that we have a life outside of work, but still expects us to work when scheduled. The hardest part of the job is when it is very busy and we are short staffed. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers. We have a lot of regulars, but there are also a lot of new customers that come in.
Great company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wrightsville, PAOctober 6, 2016
Enjoy the company and my job, difficult hiring the last year and I am looking for an opportunity to free up some time for family and friends. This requires stepping back from the manager role and attempt to be have more normal hours. I have been given great opportunities and would recommend turkey Hill Minut markets to anyone.
Pros
Promoting from within, insurance benefits
Cons
No lunch breaks, salaried
Great Company To Work For
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lititz, PASeptember 27, 2016
Great company all around. Their training and development for employees is great and truly focused on the customer. They really concentrate on their drive to provide the very best for their customers through great customer service, clean facilities and in-stock conditions. The management of the company really works together on all levels to set and achieve the company's goals.
Pros
Great employee discounts throughout the Kroger Company, good benefits that include Health, Vision, Dental, Legal Insurance and competitive 401K.
Cons
Long work days and weeks when not staffed, management MUST work all holidays.
Great place to start career
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PADecember 27, 2016
Has lots of room for job advancement. The management is treated very poorly my cooperate though. Worked there for 4 years and moved up in management 3 times. It does take a toll on your home life if in management. I worked about 50 hours a week.
Not a very rewarding job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAFebruary 4, 2017
Most enjoyable part were the customers. The overall job was horrible, not feeling appreciated and not to mention high school drama. The hourly rate is a joke too
Busy
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Shamokin, PAFebruary 26, 2017
Very busy work environment. Fast paced service. Getting to know the customers was enjoyable. Hours very and hard to keep a social life. Too many people not caring about their jobs.
Great.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, PAMarch 17, 2017
Turkey Hill was a temporary job. I was good at it. And I excelled above my coworkers. It was a simple job that paid well enough to get by every month.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingston, PAJanuary 23, 2017
Long hours, being around people is the best part of the job. There is no room for advancement. Good place to work if you like working with people
Pros
na
Cons
na
Loved this Job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHOctober 13, 2016
Always felt like a family environment from day one. Regional Manager is the best boss ive ever had. Very easy person to relate and talk to. Great advancement opportunities.
Fast growing company with large parent umbrella.
District Advisor/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 24, 2016
Turkey Hill has one of the highest management turnover ratios in the industry. Went from family owned and operated, to being a small cog in a worldwide conglomerate named Kroger. Much negativism at all management levels,little praise. However,company has a very good business model,deep capital reserves,and sharp leaders at the very top.
Pros
Good pay at District level and above. Advanced IT.
Cons
Little recognition, poor mid management interaction skills.
Fun Place to work with a wide variety of job duties and people.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 11, 2016
You wake up with a coffee while counting the prev.employee's register with them. now since you have your coffee and register its a good time to call upon your customers,check roller grill or clean/stock. The hardest part about this job is the customers patience. some days its slow and you have the ability to get more work done. Other days are packed with excitement and long lines. The best part of the job is the flexibility to move from counter to cooler, outside to inside.
Pros
Rewards card can save you money.
Cons
Prices of some items.
Poor management and employee morale and work ethic
Part-time Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PAJanuary 20, 2016
Management was mostly unreliable and unprofessional. Gossip was commonplace. Management did not provide good training, or example of work ethic.
Goals and expectations changed without notice. Staff meetings were held at random times, some inconvenient for employees.
Employee morale was poor, customer service was poor. Their was no equity in regards to disciplinary action for broken rules or missed expectations.
Machinery was constantly breaking, some was not safe for use by employees.
Some co-workers were fun to work with, some couldn't be trusted.
Pros
some friendly co-workers
Cons
poor management, work ethic, employee support, pay rate
Fast Paced
Crew Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJune 16, 2016
Crew Associate November 2014 – August 2015
• Operated the cash register and lottery machine at the request of the consumer
Easy job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Kutztown, PAApril 15, 2016
This was a great way for me to earn real paychecks while I was in high school. My review will not be able to be used correctly because it has been quite a few years and things may have changed.
Pros
up to date technology
Don't do it!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 24, 2016
Horrible work life balance. Whenever someone called off, I had to go in to cover and ended up working 90 hrs some weeks. Medical Benefits - $4000 deductible before they pay anything and it costed about $125 week for my family (with kids). Once you are in your position, plan not to advance anywhere! If you are good, you are stuck. The management only cares about making their life easier and will not really help anyone below them. The higher-ups spend a good bit of time playing golf. The job culture - it seems as everyone is looking out for themselves only. Not many people there will help you (as they are overworked and overstressed too). The only thing that is good is the customers - and knowing that you can help them (sometimes). They pay there is dismal comparatively (to other convenience stores in their market) and so you get what you pay for....many of the associates are rude, lazy, and just don't care as long as they get their paycheck. T.e turnover is about 85%
Pros
its a job - i only took it because at the time, I couldn't find anything else and I wanted to gain personnel management experience.
Cons
everything else (above)
Day as a manager at Turkey Hill
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilkes Barre PASeptember 26, 2015
Typical day at work was very busy and always multitasking, I would the start the day with doing paperwork, counting money and entering the information into the computer, then getting the deposit to the bank. Then I would assist with customers and whatever tasks needed to be done around the store, for example making coffee and filling coolers, then I would be back in my office responding to emails, looking at new applications for new employees, or watching video and checking transaction journal for anything suspicious. Then I would have to check competitor's gas prices and help out more with customers and stocking and cleaning the store.
Hard work and sometimes fun
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 21, 2015
Turkey Hill is a company that makes you work very hard. It depends on who your manager is and who you work with. If you have awesome co-workers, going to work doesn't seem so bad. Hardest part is learning lottery, but you get the hang of it. Most enjoyable part is the regular customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turkey Hill Minit Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5