Turlock Unified School District Employee Reviews in United States

Working with people
Sub Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CANovember 8, 2015
Working with people organize the classroom. Help with the classroom activities. Also, talking to the parents. Helping with the students with their names.
Loved working for TUSD!
Sub- Para Professional and Interpreter/Translator (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAAugust 23, 2015
I loved working for TUSD. On an average day I would translate/Interpret and/or help the teacher with their students. I would grade papers, file necessary paperwork, and assist students with what they were doing.
Turlock Unified School District
Campus Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Turlock CAJune 12, 2015
⦁ Supervising large groups of kids K-6, keeping safe environment. I was a good place to work for and enjoyed the kids. Supervision of the cafeteria play ground and also a mentor to kids who need special attention. Co-worker where all paraprofessionals worked closely with principals and teacher. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the kids playing with them and helping them.
benifits and pay
Food Assistant I (Former Employee) –  turlock unified schoolApril 21, 2015
you can get Medical it is just out of your pocket ,its way to expensive .but if you work 4 hours and up you will get a benefits cap enough to get dental and vision , pay is good ,
Pros
union
Cons
foodservice
cashier/food prep
Cashier/ Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAMarch 21, 2015
well paying job. Benefits are available. People are fun to work with. Do what you are told and don't ask question is the best way to pass probation period.
Pros
great pay, benifits, summers off
Cons
most people do not pass probation period
Productive and fun workplace
Paraprofessional Educator (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Turlock unified school district provided a positive work environment where learning was key for employee and student. I enjoyed working with my students and growing with them through the school year.
Maintenance and Custodial / Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAMay 13, 2014
Work days are typically busy. What I have learned threw this job? I learned different ways on maintaining school grounds. The management was great as was working with the coworkers. The hardest part of this job is to manage your time or you will fall be hind on your work load. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with a great work center.
Pros
benefits, weekends off
Cons
depending on your work schedule gives you limited time to do things during the work week in the day.
Working in a busy environment. Time went by so fast!
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAFebruary 27, 2014
Washing large trays,dishes,bowls,untensils,pots,pans. Setting up beverage carts for the student lunches. Preparing sandwiches.
I learned kitchen sanitation and safety rules is a first priority .
As long as you did your job right and offer your co-workers help,it was easy to work with them. Hardest part of the job was the students behavior. They got loud & sloppy inside the cafeteria, at times.
On some Fridays I enjoy doing outside barbecue food. Music & some interaction with the students & teacher. Like a T,G.I.F. end of the week day.
Pros
during break time we got certain foods to eat free.
Cons
maintaining cold vegetables, fruits, & beverages was very cold to work inside the refridgerator.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJuly 8, 2013
For the most park the employees at Turlock Unified School district were wonderful to work with. I could tell that most teachers were there to help students learn.
Encouraging supervisors and co-workers
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAApril 25, 2013
I regularly covered classes for teachers who were absent. I learned a lot about education and coming up with spur of the moment lesson plans once in the classroom. The hardest part of the job was classroom management, and the most enjoyable part of the job was the great hours and compensation.
Good work place with lots of character
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CADecember 31, 2012
I enjoyed working here. It was an experience that taught me things that I would not have learned on my own.

Turlock Unified School District Reviews by Location