Turlock Unified School District Employee Reviews

Great job.
Substitute Custodian (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAApril 26, 2017
I honestly really enjoyed working for Turlock Unified school district. I wouldn't have left if it wasn't for me moving across the country to be with my family.
Great Work Environment
Cashier/Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAApril 9, 2017
I loved working in the Turlock High School Cafeteria. I had an amazing supervisor and wonderful coworkers. We all worked as a team and pitched in where ever needed.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough hours
Turlock Unified School District
Paraprofessional, substitute (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAFebruary 26, 2017
TUSD is a small community where nepotism is evident. Great attitudes overall by school district as a whole. Hard work and dedication does not always payoff here unless you are a certified employee. Better than several districts in the county, but there are better. Definitely a good place to start in education and to become close with the community.
Pros
Not hard to get hired.
Cons
Very difficult to become permanent.
Great co-workers and students
Campus Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CASeptember 26, 2016
Turlock High is a fun little community with a family feel. The staff is close knit and very supportive of each other. I enjoyed going to work and interacting with my co-workers but even more so, the students. The students kept me feeling and thinking young. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unruly students that don't want to attend school and have no respect for authority/adults/people in general. Most of my co-workers are caring dedicated people. One of the most enjoyable parts of my job is watching students enter high school, scared, confused and not really wanting to do well, and flourish. They come into their own, finding their passion and some direction for the future.
Pros
Great family/small town atmosphere
Cons
Terrible health benefits
Wonderful staff to work with. Great support.
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  I work at Crowell site.September 5, 2016
During a typical day of work is both fulfilling yet challenging. The staff I work with are very supportive and hard working. The most challenging can be when children are sent sick to school with behaviors however the staff goes above and beyond to make the students feel safe and cared for.The most enjoyable is when you see your student thrive and meet their goals. Our management staff is always there to give support and guidance when needed.
Pros
staff support.
Cons
Yard Duty on hot summer days.
It a great company to work for because everyone is friendly and helpful when you have questions
Substitute Paraprofessional Special Behaviors (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJuly 12, 2016
I just wish that I was offered more hours or was hired on permanently. I enjoy the short work day, since school hours from 8 - 3 am. The half an hour lunch is awesome, so that I can get off and have time to go and pick my kids from school. I would work for them again if I was ever to move back into this area again. All the school that I have work with the people are so kind, friendly, and supportive. The kids are great too!!
Pros
All the staff are friendly and supportive.
Cons
On call hours are not enough.
Working with people
Sub Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CANovember 8, 2015
Working with people organize the classroom. Help with the classroom activities. Also, talking to the parents. Helping with the students with their names.
Loved working for TUSD!
Sub- Para Professional and Interpreter/Translator (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAAugust 23, 2015
I loved working for TUSD. On an average day I would translate/Interpret and/or help the teacher with their students. I would grade papers, file necessary paperwork, and assist students with what they were doing.
Turlock Unified School District
Campus Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Turlock CAJune 12, 2015
⦁ Supervising large groups of kids K-6, keeping safe environment. I was a good place to work for and enjoyed the kids. Supervision of the cafeteria play ground and also a mentor to kids who need special attention. Co-worker where all paraprofessionals worked closely with principals and teacher. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the kids playing with them and helping them.
benifits and pay
Food Assistant I (Former Employee) –  turlock unified schoolApril 21, 2015
you can get Medical it is just out of your pocket ,its way to expensive .but if you work 4 hours and up you will get a benefits cap enough to get dental and vision , pay is good ,
Pros
union
Cons
foodservice
cashier/food prep
Cashier/ Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAMarch 21, 2015
well paying job. Benefits are available. People are fun to work with. Do what you are told and don't ask question is the best way to pass probation period.
Pros
great pay, benifits, summers off
Cons
most people do not pass probation period
Productive and fun workplace
Paraprofessional Educator (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Turlock unified school district provided a positive work environment where learning was key for employee and student. I enjoyed working with my students and growing with them through the school year.
Maintenance and Custodial / Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAMay 13, 2014
Work days are typically busy. What I have learned threw this job? I learned different ways on maintaining school grounds. The management was great as was working with the coworkers. The hardest part of this job is to manage your time or you will fall be hind on your work load. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with a great work center.
Pros
benefits, weekends off
Cons
Depending on your work schedule gives you limited time to do things during the work week in the day.
Working in a busy environment. Time went by so fast!
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAFebruary 27, 2014
Washing large trays,dishes,bowls,untensils,pots,pans. Setting up beverage carts for the student lunches. Preparing sandwiches.
I learned kitchen sanitation and safety rules is a first priority .
As long as you did your job right and offer your co-workers help,it was easy to work with them. Hardest part of the job was the students behavior. They got loud & sloppy inside the cafeteria, at times.
On some Fridays I enjoy doing outside barbecue food. Music & some interaction with the students & teacher. Like a T,G.I.F. end of the week day.
Pros
During break time we got certain foods to eat free.
Cons
Maintaining cold vegetables, fruits, & beverages was very cold to work inside the refridgerator.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJuly 8, 2013
For the most park the employees at Turlock Unified School district were wonderful to work with. I could tell that most teachers were there to help students learn.
Encouraging supervisors and co-workers
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAApril 25, 2013
I regularly covered classes for teachers who were absent. I learned a lot about education and coming up with spur of the moment lesson plans once in the classroom. The hardest part of the job was classroom management, and the most enjoyable part of the job was the great hours and compensation.
Good work place with lots of character
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CADecember 31, 2012
I enjoyed working here. It was an experience that taught me things that I would not have learned on my own.