iParadigms, LLC, the makers of Turnitin, is seeking Sales Associates to join our expanding Sales team. Primary responsibility is to renew iParadigms’ enterprise software services within an assigned geographic territory. The existing account base includes: individual educators, public and private schools, two and four year universities (K-20).
This position reports to the Inside Sales Team Manager and is intended to be a growth opportunity for future development into an Inside Sales Account Manager role.
- Responsible for the renewal of existing customers within assigned geography.
- Consistently meet or exceed sales goals
- Communicate effectively, through both verbal and written correspondence, with teachers, information technology personnel and decision-makers at the school or university level.
- Thoroughly understand product line, including, but not limited to: features, benefits, compatibility, pricing/configuration, application, correlation to and use in the client environment.
- Assist our training and support staff as necessary to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and maximize renewal potential.
- Ensure accuracy of CRM data and sales activity tracking.
- Successfully manage and maintain a renewal book of business worth over $1M by communicating with existing customers to renew subscriptions and explore the possibility of upselling.
- Become well versed in all system functions of Turnitin and explain the benefits and features in several presentations.
- Learn to handle customer objections is an effective way.
- Understand the education market and stay updated on continual advancements being made by Turnitin both in reputation and in technology.
- Cooperate and contribute to larger team and company goals.
- Ensure CRM data is accurate and up to date with new administrators, activity history, and any necessary account notes
- Learn your territory's buying habits and effectively communicate with your geography.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- 1 - 2 yrs. experience in direct sales.
- Ability to handle high volume of accounts, multi-task and high attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Experience selling web based services in the Education environment preferred.
- Quality writing skills, excellent phone presence, and professional manner.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce.com CRM.
- Working knowledge of computers and general software applications.
Here at iParadigms we make software to help educators be more productive and keep students honest in their work. Our flagship web application, Turnitin, is a completely paperless way for written work to be submitted, verified for authenticity, and graded online. Using our tools, teachers can markup papers, grade, and even leave audio feedback on student work. Soon, the same tools and more will be at their fingertips on the iPad. It’s not hard to understand why teachers, instructors, and college professors love our products – we help them connect with their students in new, innovative ways, while helping them to be more productive with their time and improve the overall educational experience.
Why should you work here?
The People: We pride ourselves on having a friendly, open, humble and diverse culture. We have about 100 people at our headquarters in downtown Oakland and about 20 across North America and the UK, so everyone has a chance to get to know one another. We collaborate. We innovate. We share. We support and value that our employees have personal lives. We genuinely like each other.
The Business: Turnitin is the market leader in anti-plagiarism and online grading by almost every measure. It is used by more than 1 million instructors at 10,000+ institutions in over 110 countries serving 20+ million students in 12 languages. We have processed more than a quarter billion student papers with our software.
Our customers love us, we love them, and we keep winning new ones every month across the globe. In addition to Turnitin, we’ve created iThenticate for researchers and publishers, WriteCheck for students, and Turnitin for Admissions for admissions professionals.
Our numbers are not public, but we are profitable and have been for several years. iParadigms is a part of the Warburg Pincus family of companies.
Cool Perks: Generous Personal Time Off (up to 25 days per year). Generous 401K match that is 100% vested at contribution. Paid time away to volunteer in your community. Monthly “Culinary Cage Match” potlucks. Chair massages. Subsidized gym membership. Great location at 12th Street BART just blocks from Chinatown, Lake Merritt, and the Fox and Paramount theatres.