Turnitin is the market leader in anti-plagiarism and online grading software by almost every measure. Our product is used by more than 1 million instructors at 10,000+ institutions in over 126 countries serving 25+ million students in 14 languages. We have processed more than 500 million student papers with our software. Teachers used our services to grade more than 100 million papers in 2013 alone.
Our Operations team is what makes these kinds of numbers possible by building and managing an infrastructure of hundreds of servers in multiple datacenters with petabytes of storage. Our service usage has increased by 40% per year for the last several years and we don't see that slowing down.
Turnitin is looking to hire several new Systems Engineers to our Ops team in the near future.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- 4+ Years in Internet-focused Systems and Administration
- Expert Linux skills with CentOS or other RedHat-based Linux variant including server deployment (kickstart, cobbler, etc), patches and updates from internal or external repositories, kernel including device drivers and tuning, all filesystems
- Experience with configuration management tools such as CFengine, Puppet or Chef
- Comfortable in 24x7 operations, you are experienced in the operations environment and capable of dealing with incidents and performing on-call shift rotations.
- Experience designing and managing DNS, DHCP
- Experience building RPMs and managing RPM repositories
- Familiarity with F5 LTM management, or knowledgeable in Layer 7 load balancing
- Experience with private Cloud infrastructure a plus
- Programming experience a plus
- Networking (Cisco) experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but will accept equivalent work experience
More About Turnitin - iParadigms, LLC:
iParadigms was founded by graduate student researchers at UC Berkeley who created software to monitor the recycling of papers in their large, undergraduate classes. Encouraged by the interest from their peers, they assembled a team of instructors, mathematicians, and computer scientists to create the world's leading cloud-based plagiarism detection and online grading service. Today, iParadigms' product offerings include Turnitin for instructors, iThenticate for research professionals, WriteCheck for students and Turnitin for Admissions professionals.
Among the most widely distributed educational technologies in the world, iParadigms' products serve more than 10,000 institutions in 126 countries and process over 100 million submissions annually. iParadigms is backed by Warburg Pincus and is headquartered in Oakland, California, with an international office in Newcastle, U.K.