Turnberry Associates Employee Reviews in United States

This company could be great but its not
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLDecember 16, 2015
So i worked for turnberry for about 6months through an agency which only paid $9 an hour after working for the agency for 1 year without benifits there was suppose to be a temp to hire arrangement.. I was over worked and under paid. The housekeepers who work through the hotel got less work and much more pay plus benifits. They put me on call for two months then laid me off because i couldn't come on my day off. The housekeeping department is very unorganized. The linen supply is never ready on a daily basis so housekeepers have to wait on it but are constantly being pushed to finish up checkouts. They have miserable housekeeping supervisors (Breezy) who will try anything in her power to get you out if to many people like you or your one of the best at what you do.. They are very envious at the Turnberry isle in Aventura the OC always has an attitude (keisha) and is always gossiping, they also get in their groups to talk about people.. If you say hi to some employees they wont say anything to you but they will look at you crazy.. The guest are racist very snobby and they dont speak or tip unless you are of their color or race. Oh and the securitys are crooks.. The lost and found items that are turned in to them they take it home for themselves.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bad management not to many advancement opportunities
Experience
Courier (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLAugust 6, 2015
Working for Turnberry was the best experience that I could ever have. All the employees to top management are very helpful and friendly.
Working 6 years
Bartender (Current Employee) –  aventuraJune 7, 2015
working at the restaurant 6 years,,, a lost 6 years of my life working in this terrible place , managed by people with no experience, gossiping all the time , no team work , the manager at the pool is an idiot and Hr department just no experience , every 3 months new Gm new Managers , and no money , Managers stilling money from tips poo
Pros
Lunch terrible
Cons
no breaks
Not a happy place to work
ACCOUNTING (Former Employee) –  ACCOUNTINGApril 24, 2015
This place have to be a big joke. I mean you seriously don't know if you are going to come in and have a job. Constantly changing GM and Directors, no one in upper management seems to last longer than 9 months in this company. I'm just here until I find something else. It's just a paycheck for me now. Not a place for growth.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
HIGH TURNOVERS
worst company to work for
Human Resourse (Former Employee) –  Aventura FLOctober 5, 2014
They have a very, very, very high turn over witch isn't professional. All they do is gossip all day & wonder why there is no productivity at the end of the work day. There human resourse team isn't professional at all they need to rehire the whole human resourse department, that's where it start from. Seek else where before you apply cuase you will regret it.
Pros
free lunch, free parking
Cons
no breaks only 30 min lunch
Not a great company
Server (Former Employee) –  Turnberry isle miamiMarch 26, 2014
Worked here for 2 years. Way too much gossip . Went through 3 general manager, 2 F&B Directors, and 5 managers at my restaurant. Very negative vibe throughout the hotel . A lot of the guests were unhappy because of the unorganized hotel . Management and human resources were absolutely terrible with the hiring . Lots of turnover. Look further before applying here. ! If you are applying as a manager , you would be lucky to be employed for more than 12 months. Keep looking !!!!!
Pros
parking
Cons
work environment
worst place to work
supervisor (Former Employee) –  aventuraMarch 17, 2014
-they change managers all the time
-no loyalty
-place is deep in debt
Pros
co workers
Cons
upper management
Good chief engineer
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  19900 WES COUNTRY CLUE DRNovember 9, 2013
Learned a lot about the hospitality business
Compleate work orders
Check schedule
Dealing with indivdual employee
Completing unusual assigments
Co workers are as good as you are
Pros
freen luch and manmanger outing
Cons
nothing
Nepotism company
Manager (Former Employee) –  AventuraSeptember 15, 2013
The worst place to work for in south Florida, poor management and communication. Uppity family cares only about friends and not workers. Do not believe in promoting from within. The most enjoyable part IT do not monitor social and personal websites visited on daily basis.
Pros
free internet
Cons
too much nepotism
Not A Good Management Company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  AventuraMay 17, 2013
Working hard for two years in a important department and after a transition change my position was terminated. Management don't know how hard you work they only care about letting people go and rehiring with lower salary. I heard when I was first hired that the department a few years back terminated the staff with out notice and here we go again.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
dont expect longevity on the job with turnberry isle
Productive and fun place to work.
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLFebruary 4, 2013
I absolutely loved working there.
Management was great
Benefits were good
Pros
free lunches
Great Experience
MasterCard Concierge (Former Employee) –  Miami,FLSeptember 2, 2012
A typical day at work involved me opening the safe, counting all of the cash, turning on all of the electronics, making sure the work area is clean and greeting tourists. I would answer all questions and answer phone calls. I would also direct calls. I delt with a variety of nationalities on a daily basis but it was a fun experience. I also worked in the children's playground where I made sure both the parents and their children obeyed the rules and I gave rides inside of the mall itself on a golf cart to the elderly or pregnant women. My co-workers were awesome and we shared many laughs. The hardest part of my job was dealing the language barriers but I did the best that I could and would manage to somehow overcome the issue. The most enjoyable part was meeting people from all over the world.

2.4