Turnberry Employee Reviews

Fantastic place to work for. Great managers, support people.
Purchasing Manager/Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLNovember 24, 2017
Turnberry was a dream job. I wish for everyone in their life time to work for a company as great as this. A++ rating in everything. Great managers, support people. Very relaxed company to work for.I wish I still worked for them.
Pros
Salary, perks, people, atmosphere
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLOctober 17, 2017
excellent company to work for. good team chemistry and an understanding leadership team.work , life balance and support for career advancement is always available. great perks.
Great Place to Work
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLOctober 12, 2017
The TB team is talented, focused, and friendly. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that everyday I am given an opportunity to tackle something completely new.
Long term employee
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 22, 2017
Considering that I have worked for Turnberry (at their Nashville, TN property) for 14 years, I have obviously had a positive experience. The component I enjoy most is the culture. We work hard and play hard! These days, modern employees - especially those just coming into the workforce - place a high value on social responsibility. People want to work for a company that gives back. Turnberry does that. Our team participates in various volunteer opportunities and the company encourages us to do so.
Pros
Great culture, dedication to social responsibility.
Nice working enviroment
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 24, 2017
- Family oriented.
- Good benefits.
- Nice locations and facilities.
- Good management.
- Good HR Department.
- Good team spirit.
- Offer discounts and preps to employees.
Pros
Nice locations
Cons
Family run business
it great
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJuly 9, 2017
is a good place to work a great experience but my time there have to come to a end my contract terminated .
They have to pay more because of the job the we did there
Toxic Work Enviroment and Very Poor Managment
Legal Assistant/Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJune 27, 2017
This company probably has one of the highest turnover rates in the nation. There is definitely a lot of nepotism and no professional treatment between co-workers and superiors as well. The executives operating the legal department are very unprofessional and are unable to run it as a true legal department. They need to rebuild and restructure the entire legal department. They promote employees to positions that they defiantly are not qualified for. If their goal is to maintain this billion-dollar company and continue to make it successful, they need to improve their management and seriously reconsider replacing members of their leadership team. These employees lack leadership skills and will aid in the downfall of this company
Pros
Make belive its a Good Company to work for.
Cons
Toxic Work Enviroment, Micro Managing, Poor Managment, and Poor Attitudes.
Summer internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJune 26, 2017
For the summer my school made us have an internship I decided to work at turnberry. It was a nice quiet place to work at everyone was very nice and made me feel welcome.
Fun Work place
Pool Server/Beach Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 26, 2017
I learned how to communicate with other people and how to handle guest complaints, I'm happy to serving other people, nice talking with them, and most enjoyable part of the job is m workmates they show me how to become an independent person
Pros
Free meal
Great Company to work for
Owner Developer/General Contractor (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJune 20, 2017
Work with a great team and wonderful project, one of the largest projects I had ever done but the owners were faithful and believed in me. We accomplished a lot on the 362 acre resort project doing a renovation of more than $150 million
Pros
Great People and good team
Cons
The Crash happen and everyone got laid off
Turnberry Associates in Aventura has a strong group of boutique hotels and resorts.
Director of Area Hotels (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJune 17, 2017
Turnberry Associates provides a range of hotels in the Aventura market. The hotels are centrally located and are in excellent condition.

As the Area Manager managing a specific hotel and overseeing two additional hotels, I found my work challenging and always had a full day.

Excellent products.
Turnberry more like Suck-berry
Recreation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJune 13, 2017
Turnberry now is a company now that is a far cry of what it used to be when I started working there. The management staff there now is very clique oriented, meaning that if you're not in their circle you won't be able to advance or get treated as fairly. Many of the managers have come from other hotels bringing along their friends and associates to benefit from their promotions and /or positions and leaving the current longstanding employees in the wind holding the bag. Treating them unfairly often times not acknowledging their seniority or skill sets and only give favor to newer employees or agency workers whom they've brought in to slowly replace senior staff in every department. Which is why I left before it got worse.
Pros
free lunch, free parking, uniforms
Cons
favoritism, hourly employees being replaced by agency workers, constant walking on egg shells for fear of termination, overworked and understaffed, phony managemnt
Greeat
Baby and Kids Gap, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  baby gapJune 9, 2017
GSomeitmes busy and sometimes not busy. Customers are tourists so most don't speak English. friendly environment. Great coworkers. Funny managers. Love
Exelent benefits, great company
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLJune 6, 2017
Great benefits and perks. Good salary.
Oportunity to learn a new system.
Family oriented culture.
The hardest part of the job is to process paperwork without mistakes due to the complexity of the system.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Short lunches
Great company
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLApril 21, 2017
Great management team and culture. Higher management actually cares about its employees. Offers great benefits and perks.
Hospitality division is great.
Great company
Corporate Concierge Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 27, 2017
Only worked under them for a concierge service so I didn't really work for Turnberry per se but it was a good job. When they decided to get rid of the Assistant Manager position, they offered me a break up check, so yea. I liked them
Unstable with poor benefits
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLMarch 16, 2017
It's a private company so when the owner wants to save money jobs are eliminated quickly. The turnover is extremely high at this hotel and the insurance is not affordable.
Pros
Free lunch and free parking, easy to move up into management
Cons
Expensive healthcare, high turnover, poor morale
Buen ambiente al trabajar
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 3, 2017
Buen lugar para trabajar.buena administracion.buen trato al empleado
Pros
Parqueo gratis
Terrible toxic culture
Anon (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLFebruary 2, 2017
Many of the management are good people but somehow the collective culture is a slave-shop atmosphere of fear and uncertainty. Raises and merit bonuses cancelled company wide for no reason. There is no culture of care for employees - you are a number and you will be reminded in many ways that you are replaceable. It stinks.
Productive and interactive workplace
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 26, 2017
Fast paced work environment. 100 percent engagement from all employees 100 percent of the time. Loved my time at Turnberry, the only reason I left was because I wanted to move away from Miami. Great company, and an amazing first job.
Pros
catered lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turnberry. Our community is ready to answer.