Turner Construction Company Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work and learn
Project Superintendant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 23, 2017
Best place to learn the right way to run a construction company. One of the oldest in the country. Very long work days starting at 6:30am and working till 7:00pm six days per week. High stress job. Learned how to run a construction job by the book. Work place culture was pressure packed. Lots of people looking at the job you did but lots of support as well. Hardest part of the job was the compressed schedule. Worked 6 days per week every week and sometimes 7 days per week. Most enjoyable was the type of work done. Projects varied significantly.
Pros
Learning curve was great
Cons
Tough schedule
High level projects
Safety Intern on Wilshire Grand Hotel (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 13, 2017
Overall, this is an excellent company to gain experience working on high level projects. The employees are all advanced in their skill set and will help improve your skills as well.
Pros
Great Projects
Cons
Politics
Great Place to work at
Human Resource Manager, Florida (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 11, 2017
Amazing culture and benefit structure. Considered the best general contractor to work for in the United States. Currently increasing their footprint in Florida and are looking to double their workforce in the next 3 years.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Not many
One of the best companies I worked for
Rigger (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXApril 9, 2017
I have worked for this company in the past and it was always enjoyable experience. The upper and lower management worker well with their employees. I would gladly work for them anytime.
Pros
Consistent breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
Good people and a good company
Engineer/Assistant Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2017
Good company, great benefits, they work very hard to make you feel like part of a team. Lots activities and volunteer work out of the office. Very good work life balance if you are not on travel status.
Eh
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2017
Good company, work life and management depends on your manager. this is all I have to say about this company, other than great benefits but a very very corporate atmosphere
Turner is fantastic
Assistant Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 21, 2017
Turner Construction has core values and sticks to them. Teamwork, Integrity and Commitment-- it's not just a line they throw out there. They trust their employees to do the right thing and they support decisions 100%.
Pros
Leadership is transparent and leads
Fun place to work back in the day (1985)
Lead Purchasing Secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 14, 2017
Started out as a temp (secretary) then hired full time in the Purchasing Department. Worked for manager, as well as 4 purchasing agents in Philadelphia, PA. No prior construction experience but had a lot of on the job training. No one was fearful of job security so they taught you everything they possibly could. After a few years, I was the Lead Secretary. I basically could do the job blindfolded with one hand tied behind my back, so to speak. Also, awarded a plaque for Secretay of the Year at the annual company dinner. Was there 9.5 years and would have stayed, but management in front offices changed, egos clashed, departmental changes, etc. They shutdown the Purchasing Doartment, supposedly because it was no longer functionable, I think they wanted all to be done on the various job sites. They told me I was going to Estimating and I had no choice in the matter. Didn't care for estimating manager at all, so I moved on to another company.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, learned a lot
Cons
Clashing managerial egos, no choice given in dept transfer
Learning Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2017
As an intern the days were very productive with loads of work to keep me busy. I got to learn a lot about the engineering side of things since I'm pursuing an architecture.
Absolutely the best
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2017
This website is great for people who are interested in employment.Thanks for allowing me to write a review on how great the service is. I will continue to let everyone know that this website is great.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great Company to work for
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLFebruary 9, 2017
I worked for Turner for 2 years until the project I was assigned to ended, I enjoyed our team and the work environment. Would work for them again if the opportunity came up.
no comment
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXFebruary 8, 2017
the company in a whole was not a bad place to work .they could use some improvements in spots but for the most part .not a bad place to work i would go back
fun work place. Enjoyed working with good people
Demolition Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 7, 2017
One of the best jobs I ever had even though it was temp. The staff treated us with respect. Even though I had previous experience working in demolition, they taught us new safety to make sure we were safe from all debris.
Pros
Worked with wonderful people
Cons
Health insurance
Very productive, safe place to work at!
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45202January 25, 2017
Turner was a great employer. Would go back again if possible. I was laid off. I worked on the new Airforce Museum Wing. Great job and the people were awesome.
Pros
Great job with great benefits
Cons
Laid off too soon
Very friendly place to work
Safety Internship (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 24, 2017
Working with maintenance taught me how to use power tools, as well as repairs of toilets and walls.

Working with the camp taught me how to build relationships with kids as well as my other employees.
Workplace Has Signifcantrly Changed Over The Past Several Years
Risk Management (Current Employee) –  NJ/NYJanuary 23, 2017
No opportunity for advancement; culture has completely changed in the past two years with a new review system. Compensation remains fairly competitive.
Great Company
Project Management Co-op (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 17, 2017
Great company to work at. With multiple locations across the nation and countless numbers of experience, they can handle any project you throw at them.
awesome workplace very wise
Pipefitter Helper (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 8, 2017
Take the time out to show workers what needs to be done. Everyone works Including supervision. On time with scheduling breaks and lunches allowing women to do men job if they like. Never stereotype no one.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
break to short
General Contractor.
Laborer 2 (Former Employee) –  Facebook, Forest City.. Charlotte home officeJanuary 8, 2017
Great Company depending upon where you are located and what people you work for. Treats workers like humans. Very engaging management, Supply their own tools, they create a pleasant culture on their sites..
Pros
Large Company
Cons
Large Company
Productive workplace
Carpenter Aide (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 29, 2016
Turner is a productive workplace that allows worker opportunities to grow with the company. The company recognizes family tme and workers are not required to work long hours at a time.
Pros
overtime availability
Cons
health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turner Construction Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2