Turner Construction Company

Turner Construction Company Employee Reviews in United States

daily grind
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2016
Large company with systemic morale problems. Somehow it has become the loudest person in the room that is always rewarded.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
lack of teamwork
Dedicated group working to satisfy the needs of the client and the project team, to be succesful.
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2016
Review the job schedule and status with the subcontractor to plan the work day. Go over the job progress with the owner, engineers and staff management.
I've learned all facets of construction management including engineering, cost analysis, safety, quality control and how to speak with contractors.
Management has your back.
A great group to work with.
Some days there is just not enough time to get everything done and the unexpected.
When every thing falls in place and you are on time and within budget.
Pros
Seeing the completed project
Cons
Having contractors that don't cooperate with out a battle
Good company
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 18, 2016
Working at Turner was one of my first jobs about of college. I really enjoyed working for them during the time I was there. I was able to progress my career with the opportunities I had.
Productive and fun place to work
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 8, 2016
I overall learned a lot about construction working for Turner. The work-life balance was wonderful for 1st year employees and I was given opportunities to meet people from many different industries.
Outstanding company to work for
Superintendent / Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 24, 2016
Turner is an outstanding company in the construction industry and the people that I worked with were very professional and knowledgeable.

I hated to leave but I felt my family needed to be raised in Central Kentucky and I moved from Columbus.
Pros
Very professional coworkers
Cons
Sometimes the hours are long but that's construction
Excellent place to work and build a career
Sr. Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KY; Huntsville, ALFebruary 11, 2016
National General Contractor that takes the time to develop and advance their employee's skills with an exceptional training program and developed mentors. Turner offers many opportunities to further oneself with extensive on the job training backed by an unprecedented online catalog of training videos. Excellent co-workers from top to bottom that express a true interest in personal development while providing top notch projects to their clients. Turner provides a true team experience and offers their employees opportunities to progress while ensuring work/life balance in the construction industry.
Pros
Excellent training, top notch mentors, challenging work with award projects
see resume
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working with Turner very much. I learned a lot and was able to grow. llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
No work life balance
Superintendant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2016
No work life balance. They exploit younger workers and are very quick to point fingers.

I would recommend this company to gain experience from. After experience is attained move on to another company.
productive work place.
Holewatch/Firewatch (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 12, 2016
I learn to communicate with orders and also how to work safe and im
plement SCAN: 1: scan your area for potential hazard. 2:communicate with orders.3 analize what could go wrong and n notified your supervisor if you cannot eliminate the hazard.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great benefits, overworked employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2016
Fantastic benefits, overworked, tired, angry employees.
If you have a family, this is probably not the company you want to work for. Lots of overtime, little to no vacation time "allowed" to be taken.
Professional setting with laid back atmosphere
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 7, 2015
Great place to work if you are looking for friends beyond work hours; offers fair wages. People are down to earth, but of course business oriented.
Pros
Reputable place to work
Cons
Monthly pay
Good
Apprentice Carpentry (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 26, 2015
This is a good company to work for as a carpenter. Very employee oriented. Highly regards personnel's safety. Very diverse in work environments.
Fast pace work environment
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Bern, IDOctober 4, 2015
It is a fast paced stressful work environment. Where you are pushed as hard and as fast as you can go without making mistakes. They are involved in all aspects of construction so you get to experience everything.
Laborer
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Haines, AKSeptember 22, 2015
Performed general labor tasks, dig in ditches, operated laser level, grease and change oil on dump trucks. Operated some Excavator, Cat, Bobcat, Roller, and Compactor.
Awsome Company
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoSeptember 15, 2015
Started as a temporary receptionist, and worked my way up through the company as Project Administrator.

This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. Great Co-Workers, Great benefits, Wonderful Business Ethics, Subcontractor Tradesmen nice to work with.
Pros
Allows upword mobility
Cons
2009 Great American Layoff
No work life balance
Finance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2015
Management does not support employee decisions even when they are right. Good leaders would.
Very poor training program.
Pros
Great benefits. (the best)
Cons
Commute and no work life balance. Always working to keep up with load.
Great Place
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2015
Fun work place with a lot of great people. No negative experiences to be noted. Would recommend company to others.. Thanks.
Pros
commute
Cons
lunch
great place to work
Internship/ Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 31, 2015
was a internship. showed skills on remodeling school. Was a good place to work and learn as well. if construction is the career you their wing is the best to go under and learn more
Hazardous workplace with great opportunity
Firewatcher (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARAugust 11, 2015
I was responsible for the safety of welders and machine workers. I learned a lot about the importance of accuracy, alertness, and safety. Management was strict and direct with instruction and rules. My co-workers were cooperative and flexible. The hardest part of the job was carrying heavy equipment from floor to floor. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills and exposure to greater opportunity.
Pros
Team work, environmental exposure, constant knowledge
Cons
Various climates and dangerous surroundings
Experience was so-so
Assistant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 4, 2015
Because I am a positive person I won't say anything because there aren't a ton of good things to say about this company.

Work place was very dysfunctional. Everybody is in it for themselves which is kinda of crazy because construction is a very team oriented business.......The level of quality communication was absolutely laughable because it's soo bad.