Turner Construction Company

Turner Construction Company Employer Reviews

Productive and enlightening experience
Assistant Engineer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 2, 2014
A typical day at Turner consisted of attending weekly meetings with the owner and subcontractors to review work and answer questions. After the meeting I would make a trip to the field to ensure that the subs were indeed performing their work safely and adhering to the guidelines agreed upon in the prior meeting.

I learned great communication skills – more... as well as job and like balance. I learned how to best deal with many different personalities and get them all to agree upon the best path for success.

I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers. They took me under their wing and truly helped me learn and progress in my time with Turner.

The hardest part of the job is simply not knowing when and where you can be sent after your current assignment is up.

The best part of the job is the working relationships and wealth of knowledge available to anyone that is seeking it. – less
Excellent place to work!!
COOP FIELD ENGINEER INTERN (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 27, 2014
Pros: great working atmosphere
Cons: none in my opinion
One of the best companies I ever worked for they look out and take care of their employees the last project I was on I enjoyed working there the most. The only reason I left was because I had to move I really didn't want to leave.
Ok Place to Work
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: compensation and growth
Cons: employee fraternization
This company does offer great opportunities for growth, great benefits, and fair compensation.
Great Company
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLOctober 21, 2014
Pros: excellent management and organization.
Cons: big corporate culture
Extremely Organized company. Every detail of each project is carefully analyzed before the management personnel is sent to the jobsite. Tasks for every team member are discussed with the regional vice president and your immediate supervisor before the start of the project, the expectations are set before you arrive on the jobsite.
Reporting software – more... was top of the line and upper management was very involved on the site operations. After a new employee was hired, they were sent on a 5 day all inclusive conference in Chicago to learn the history of the organization. The new employees learned not only how to fit within the organization, but also how to conduct themselves professionally in and out of business settings.

Overall great company to work for and would like to work for them again. – less
Superintendent (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 30, 2014
Young, personable, and energetic project team.The most enjoyable part of the job is learning something new every day and working with subcontractors towards a common goal.
What I learned
Executive Assistant/Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2014
I learned about the construction business and meeting deadlines efficiently
Learning Curve
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Belton, TXAugust 30, 2014
Pros: i gained vauable experience.
Turner gave me valuable experience. I was not only the Administrative Assistant I managed the front office. The project I had the privilege of working on was the stadium and student union building for the University Mary Hardin-Baylor. A 50 million dollar project for Turner Construction. I put together and maintained four sets of hard files. I entered – more... daily logs for 25 different construction companies using Turner's data base program. Managed calendar for office staff using outlook calendar program. Trouble shoot office equipment and order office supplies. – less
the workers i work with are great. they make it easy to show up every day
Forman (Current Employee), Sulphur, LAAugust 19, 2014
starts out getting permits for work to be performed going to pick up employees to bring to the job. before going to the job we make sure we have all the tools needed for the job. there is always things to be learned on a job about the work the people you work with.the management is quite young witch dose not leave a lot of room to move up in the area – more... i work in but all good people to work for. the workers on the other hand are great to be around they work great to gather they learn many trades welders do bolt up hydro cleaning tanks.helpers do many different things to help welders fitters fire watch. it is great to see so many workers get along when we work 7 days at a time. the hardest part of the job is trying to keep every on the crew safe you talk about it at the tool box meeting after lunch it is a constant job because i do not want any one hurt ever. knowing we finished a shift with no one hurt. and that what we do every day is very dangerous so i know that all of the crew is watching for each other. that is some thing you do not see every day – less
Internship (Junior Year)
Internship (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHJuly 14, 2014
Internship (Junior Year)

Worked on 150+ million dollar healthcare job in Zanesville, OH.

Learned the basics on CM at risk and healthcare construction.
Corporate environment with little hope of advancement
Project Manager/Engineer/Superintendent (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 25, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: poor leadership
Turner is a shell of a company. All of the executives in Texas are fiery cut-throat. They are all friends from the Mid-west. If you do not make their inner circle, you will have very little chance of advancement.
Very focused on home/work/life balance
Procurement Assistant (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 16, 2014
Great employer with great benefits, great team environment and team building events.
A great company to work for.
Project Secretary (Former Employee), Somerset, NJMay 29, 2014
A typical day at work was going to work every day and learning about the Construction business. I've learned how to read drawings, a little about HVAC, plumbing and watched them pour cement on the structure of the job while building all types of buildings. The most enjoyable part of the job was the gatherings that the company had,. They always stayed – more... business and gaining more business. – less
Great company to work for
PROJECT ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMay 28, 2014
-good benefits
-great career advancement
-encourage work / life balance
-encourage continuing education
great jobsite management
Project Superintendent (Former Employee), greenville scMay 21, 2014
Pros: education
great company good people I enjoyed everyday fast paced interesting projects
This company needs more direction.
MEP Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 20, 2014
Pros: growth and staff
Cons: long hours
Stay away from this company, long work hours and low pay.This company needs more direction.
General Construction
PM (Current Employee), San Diego CAMay 8, 2014
Pros: x
Cons: x
Working for a general contractor provides a wealth of experience across all functions of construction and business.
Excellent work environment
Senior Contracts Manager (Current Employee), EgyptApril 27, 2014
Co-workers are supportive amd cooperative.
Wokload is acceptable.
Positive ambiance
Intern (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYApril 25, 2014
Pros: ocassional free lunch
A typical day at work was a few tedious assignments and assisting others. My co-workers were affable and the hardest part was my boss because she was difficult to cope with at times.
Great Benefits, Not So Great Management
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 30, 2014
Flexible hours and good work life balance, Not much opportunity to advance
Great company
Special Projects Division Project Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 20, 2014
Great company with good benefits and team atmosphere. Often several people coming together to work on project tasks. Involved in the community and have several social events for all members of the business unit to attend.

1 2 3 4 5

About Turner Construction Company

Turner Construction Company is recognized as the leading general builder in the U.S. The company’s 5000+ employees perform – Read more