Turner Job Corps

Turner Job Corps Employee Reviews

An experience to never forget.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYMay 8, 2015
A typical day in the life of working at Earl C. Clements Job was always interesting. If it wasn't for my co-workers i wouldn't have made an impact at my job.
Growing with my team and getting a better feel for everything around me. I enjoyed my supervisor and my co-workers because working with them was a blast.
fun
Welding Intern (Former Employee), Albany, GAApril 17, 2015
it was good for all of the people that came to job corps we lern so many to find out that life is hard. I love that we weld we r going trained by other students that is in the welding class we did Mig, Tig, and Stick
About Turner Job Corps
Facility Maintenance Intern (Former Employee), Albany, GAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free lunches, bi-weekly pay, free transportaion
Cons: long walks, hot days
Any day is like a school day, get up in the morning get dressed, and be on your way. What I learned here was interviewing skills, and how to find a good job. Management here is very helpful. If there's anything I'd need help with, they're around. My co-workers are my fellow student employees. While working on the job, their isn't really no difficult task because I listen to instructions before I act upon it. The best part about the job is teamwork, working with others.
Great skills/hard Labor
Independent Living Advisor (Former Employee), Albany, GAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: days off were hard to get
Being on this job was great experience and bad experience. I never been on a job like this before. I grew to love and enjoy working with the members. It was a great heart felt experience to see the members accomplished their goals. My majority of my co workers were great. We worked together like a team. The hardest part of the job was stripping, buffing, waxing floors, painting, cleaning bathrooms, and doing paper work. While trying to watch two floors of children.
a good center
Heavy Equipment Operator Department Intern (Former Employee), Albany, GAFebruary 23, 2015
the center is lacking on a lot of things that is a key to employment. communication is really lacked and needs to be worked on
productive and encouraging experience
Medical Administrative Assisting Intern (Former Employee), Albany, GAFebruary 23, 2015
I learned a lot during my time at TJCC , ive met a lot of inspiring people such as my coworkers and supervisors. ive gained some experience and in my work force. the most enjoyable part of my job would be completing projects with my instructor. the hardest part would be having to leave.
Productive and fun workplace with pool table.
Medical Administrative Assistant Certification (Current Employee), Albany, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short brakes
A typical day at work is, that I go to school and learn about my trade witch is Medical Administrative Assistant, we learn telephone etiquette, communicational skills, interpersonal skills, time management, and computer skills. the most hard part of the job is getting your tar signed off in a timely manner. and the most enjoyable part of the job if when I am done I go home to my 3 year old daughter.
great opportunity to branch out in your skills and meet new people
Welding Department Intern (Former Employee), Albany, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free program
Turner Job Corps is a good place to go to get the job skills you need to make it in life. There I met people that have become my friends and have considered family.
Good Program and training.
Electrical (Former Employee), Albany, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Although the program was good the center that I attended was absolutely awful and a disgrace. The students act like fools, the teachers are lazy, and the food they serve is horrible. I would recommend job corps but not the center located in Albany ga
it is an amazing place
Intern Electrical Department (Current Employee), Albany, GADecember 8, 2014
We work hard on job sites every day. We also work on the terminology
Very Productive
Plastering Internship (Former Employee), Albany, GANovember 2, 2014
Pros: education and training
Perfect place to recieve an education, a trade and other life skills that will be very useful in the long run when it come to obtaining a career.
Work and living in the same place
Office Administration Intern (Former Employee), Albany, GAOctober 28, 2014
its an alright place to come and get your education and trade
Turner Job Corps
Facility Maintenance (Current Employee), Albany, GAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: low pay
It was a good work place for me to learn different types of working they have a pool and a basket ball court and so much other stuff. But it was really fun and exciting to be ably to sit there and learn about these different things by my instructors side.
Great place to work, enjoyed, very training and education oriented.
TEAP Specialist (Current Employee), Albany, GASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: people stay in positions along time slow promotion rate.
Co-workers have been in positions for years. Great benefits, always activities for staff and students.
Recreational Specialist (Former Employee), Albany, GAAugust 16, 2014
Maintain quality of the gym. Organize activities for the children.
A good place to get your life together and earn a trade
Caferteria Worker (Former Employee), Albany GeorgiaJuly 18, 2014
Pros: worked and got a education
Cons: no weekends off
Good environment you get a chance to get a feel of how it is to take care of themselves. Best experience thus far a lot of useful skills given like to be more productive .
Beneficial
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Albany, GAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: hands on, learning expierence
Cons: away from family
Every day in Turner Job Corps was steady paced, there was different material to cover, to help each of us become work ready. In Office admin we had lots of hands on with people, we've done the general office work such as taking messages, transferring calls, learning how to use Microsoft word, excel, and PowerPoint efficiently, we also have done simple task like making copies, and learning to speak to others, and have great customer service skills. Everyday we would have to manage our time wisely and learn to get task do on time which was never a problem for me and my co-workers/student employees that worked beside me. The most difficult assignment, or tasks we had to do were the slow days when there wasn't much to do for the day, but most enjoyable part was speaking with customers, and staying busy.
Nice place to meet new people from different states.
Student/Employee, Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Albany, GAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons: not enough phone usage
My typical day at Turner Job Corps woulld be getting up at 6a.m to get my morning/night job done which was cleaning the restroom and my own room with my roomates then get prepared for school.

School hours were from 8a.m to 4p.m, after school hours were free hours for me to hang out with my friends or go see a movie. You had to manage your time from 4:30p.m to 6:30p.m dinner was served and then you had curfew at 8p.m on week days and 11p.m on weekends.

You had to shower before curfew or you couldn't shower and you had to start you morning/night job right when you come in and if you did not do your job it was consequences.

The hardest part living at Turner Job Corps was being so far away from family and friends not being able to speak to them as much as you would want to, they only gave you a five minute phone usage. Also the pay they gave us every two weeks only $23 was not enough to supply the things us students needed.

The most enjoyable oart of Turner Job Corps was meeting three of my friends that I still have contact with til this day. You really do meet true friends.
Fun
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Albany, GAMay 26, 2014
Great experience and it was fun getting to know what it took to become a fine admin expert.
A real learning experience
Student (Former Employee), Albany, GAApril 28, 2014
Pros: food, board, skills, money, healthcare
Cons: regimentation, being trapped, ragged-out equipment
It's a place that's like a school, almost. You live on campus and learn job skills in psuedo-real life settings. Ages 16-24 attend. Some are sent there by the courts and some of us volunteer. I volunteered. They pay for your upkeep and you can also get workstudy jobs on campus. But you're trapped there like an animal until you decide you've finished the program (or your court-assigned term is up). Life is regimented. The "instructors" can be a joke. They're often more like over-glorified babysitters.

1 2 3