Turner Job Corps Employee Reviews in United States

A Good Stepping Stone For Gaining Experience With At Risk Youth
Acting Lead Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 27, 2016
The pay is not all that great, but you will make more than minimum wage. If you don't like confrontations, then this job might not be for you. At some Job Corps Centers, the student behavior can be really rough.
Pros
Great opportunity to gain experience with at risk youth. Pay is above minimum wage.
Cons
Poor, revolving management, and student behavior is rough.
A great learning place to be
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 19, 2016
Turner Job Corps is a great opportunity in life to advance your skills and professional persona. It's a great learning adventure.
Productive and Educational Enviroment
Office Administration Intern (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 12, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is a very occupied and organize workplace with good information management and multicultural awareness.
Pros
Good Maintenance, organized workplace and enviroment, etc.
Cons
healthcare, etc.
I like productive and having fun doing activity time .
Certified Nursing Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 18, 2016
A typical day at work when having a typical day at work you must stay positive . I learned how to do more skills . Your co-workers is not your friend at work so therefore don't act as friends. The hardest part is to not get frustrated . The most enjoyable part is my residents .
A hard day of work
Plastering trade apprentice (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 17, 2016
Me and my co-workers would come in the shop and hear what the instructor would want us to work on. We would usually go around center and repair the outer walls of the building to hone our skills. At the end of the day we would clean up the shop from all the foot traffic and cement we would track in. Clean our tools and then go home.
Pros
Free Housing, Clothing Allowance, Free Healthcare and Dental
Cons
Low Pay, Restriction to the Center if phase is to low
productive workplace environment
Intern Health Occupation Department (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 17, 2016
productive workplace environment and a good place of learning the material that is needed to be successful in life so you can succeed
It was everything I have hoped for.
Culinary Arts Intern- Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 16, 2016
In terms of obtaining work experience, it was everything I have hoped for. I love cooking, prepping, and serving the students there. It was a really nice experience. I would work there again if it wasn't an internship.
Pros
Free Lunches, Great Experience in Work
Cons
rude students
place wasn't the best, but not the worst.
Sous Chef (Student/Employee) (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 9, 2016
i went to turner for welding and ended up in culinary, it had a good culinary program and overall i had a pleasant experience.
Pros
freedom
Cons
strict rules
Safe work environment, great training and learning experience.
Facility Maintenance Intern (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 4, 2016
I was able to do a lot of hands on projects. I learned a lot of what I expected to learn in my trade. My overall experience was very beneficial.
Pros
Free place to stay, eat, and train.
Cons
A lot of possible distractions if one isn't disciplined.
Great experience
student employee (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 24, 2016
I learned a lot of valuable skills, work ethics and was exposed to many work cultures and networking opportunities. I was also taught the importance of health and safety precautions.
Pros
Strict schedule
It's a very productive and learning experience.
Welding Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 20, 2016
The enjoyable part of the job is learning new things having the experience to do more. My co-workers are very cooperative and understanding. Sometimes the hardest part of the job is trying to do something I've never done but I always ask for help so it helps me out.
Pros
Free lunches, Pool Hall, movie theatre
productive
medical administration (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day at Turner is getting up at 6:30 getting myself prepared for class. I have to be in class by 7:55 until 4:00 we learn how to Operate Office Machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, personal computers.
Answer Telephones, direct calls, and take messages.
Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems.
Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records and reports.
Completed work schedules, managed calendars, and arranged appointments.
Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to request.
Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions.
The hardest part of the day is nothing because everything is self explanatory.
The most enjoyable part of my job is communicating with my coworkers because I am a people person I love people.
Pros
we get free lunch
Cons
i'm away from my family
Fun workplace
office (Former Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 1, 2015
Its a fun workplace with supportive management. Everyday would be the same, You come in the morning and type for an hour, then for the rest of the day you would do a little of everything like answering calls, faxing, copying, scanning, organizing paper work, and working on either Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the hands-on training experience with computers.
Productive and a nice training facility
Electrical Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 16, 2015
An amazing place to learn a Career Skill. Learn how to manage time and money. Also learn about multi cultural awareness. Plus obtain the ability to get along with other co-workers.
Cons
short breaks
Job Corps is a life changing
Intern Health Occupation Department (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 10, 2015
Life at turner job corps is a life changing experience. while being here I have gained the necessary tools to find a job and furthering my education
pop cultrual
Work Base Learning Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAOctober 26, 2015
This job was an intern procession. I had to find work and bring in people on the day. I was and start up company so we as the employees had to bring in the money.
productive and fun
student intern (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 15, 2015
it is productive and fun. I like it. it was a great choice to come here. im happy I came here. great training and training facilities
Pros
free lunch
Cons
shirt breaks
Work environment moves at a predictable and consistent pace.
Independent Living Advisor (Current Employee) –  Residential DormsOctober 14, 2015
I work 3rd shift so it's pretty slow paced, and the main responsibilities are accountability, documentation, and administrative management of student residents. Additional duties consist of manual maintenance labor and time management. My department is always subject to change depending on management and nationwide administration. My co-workers vary depending on dorm and how that dorm is operated, frequent inconsistency and communication.
Pros
Benefits, Pay (in comparison to price of living), Shift works well with my online school schedule
Cons
Inconsistency, Expectancy; in comparison to pay/incentive/process of holding staff accountable
A typical day at Turner
Independent Living Advisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 13, 2015
A typical day at Turner consists of students vying for your attentiojn. Students not getting along with their roommate or peers. The staff and some supervisors don't have any respect for other staff.
Pros
free food in the cafeteria
Cons
stressful
very productive
facility maintenance (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 13, 2015
I would have to lead a group of people that was assign to work with me and finish a task given to me every day. we had lots of freedom and it was a pretty fun work place but still all about business and getting the task done.