Turner Job Corps Employee Reviews

Movies, social gatherings.
ILA- Independent Living Advisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 17, 2017
I did learn from my own up bringing that work is more than just labor but it can be very satisfying as well. I do believe all employees should work as a team should as this will allow all students to see how important team work truly is.
Pros
Paycheck, satisfaction of working as a team should.
Cons
Not working as a team should.
Great place to go for skills and knowledge that will help you get started with a job or career. You can receive you GED, High School Diploma, or trade
MEDICAL OFFICE SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 12, 2017
Job Corps is great for anyone looking to advance in life. You gain a trade which is awesome because you are taught the skills to perform certain jobs and gain experience. I would recommend Job Corps to anyone who wants an actual trade.
Positive Training Progams
Indpendent Living Advisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 1, 2017
Career path opportunities,great benefits and perks.Great place for advancement.After working for a year got promoted, due to storms in Albany Ga.Job was displaced.
Great place to work.
Career Preparation Period Instructor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 29, 2017
I enjoyed working at Turner Job Corps because it allowed me to give my best to our country's greatest resource,our youth.Today our youth are up against many challenges of today's society. Working there allowed me to give what I have learn through my own trials and tribulations back.Teaching young adults how to carry themselves in the work environment and anywhere else in this world , is always a positive in a time where things can go negative at any giving moment. I truly enjoyed the experience.
Great place to work a culture of growth and development.
Life Skills Director (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 22, 2017
I learned a lot about organizational leadership working at Job Corps. I have been able to advance within the company. Creativity is encouraged. I have been able to grow within this company and upward mobility is encouraged. The most challenging part of the job is being able to be creative enough for an ever changing environment. However, this is also the most exciting part of the job. My day starts off with a high level of energy and ends the same way. I have truly learned what a great leader is with this company. I am able to fulfill my passion here by working with young adults, teenagers, parents and children. Working with these groups to build a better life has been very rewarding.
Alot of experience working with different people.
Intern, Medical Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 15, 2017
I really enjoyed it. This is a place for someone who is ready to change their lifestyle and do better in life. The way do things is backwards but other than that this is an good opportunity!
Pros
Free Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
Cons
Short Breaks, Alot of things you cant do.
No comment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 14, 2017
I learned A lot at the company. I appreciate the opportunity to work here . They help a risk student between the ages of 16to 24 years of age. If you can change the life of one child. That's good enough. You changed and helped somebodu
work training
Medical administration assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 20, 2017
Turner job corps is a trade school I went to my further education in the nursing field.
so what we did as a class we practice how to draw blood.
took each other blood pressure.
Pros
as a co-worker i made 8.75
Being able to work as a team
Carpentry Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 16, 2017
What I've learned from Job Corp was things cant get done without team work. That a little hard work wont hurt anyone. And the key to getting through is to stay focus and never give up.
Idk
Facility Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 9, 2017
I really didn't even know I had to do this some many time I didn't even look at what I was writing to be real. Like it a good school and you get paid to go and okay
Pros
Get paid to work and go to school
Cons
Living there

Want to know more about Turner Job Corps?

Ask a question
good place to work but to much favoritetism
Q/A Accountability Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 16, 2017
coding rosters typical day, learned some things about people there. management should not be allowed to have family working under them and should treat all employees with fair treatment
Pros
incentive days
Cons
low raises
Productive and fun workplace
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 2, 2017
Turner job corps is a great experience at getting hands on training and build characteristics of a workforce life. It teaches you to perform and get on the routine of life.
its a good workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 3, 2016
its a good place to be if you want to make a change in your life and if you want to make a better future for yourself even though there's challenges and obstacle to overcome it would lead u to great things
productive and fun
Carpentry Intern (Former Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 1, 2016
overall good place to work, great friendly environment good management. happy place to be if you make it that way. I enjoyed going to work everyday
Productive and hardworking
Culinary Arts Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 22, 2016
It was orientated, I was on a strict schedule, I was always moving place to place. I learned more about how to communicate fully to my co workers. I had to use time management and multitasking when it came to appointments, classes, and other types of work. The hardest part was becoming sou chef and leading. The most enjoyable was cooking and experimenting with other recipies.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
People Bully you
Culinary Arts Department Intern (Current Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 18, 2016
when people bully you here at turner job corps don't except the staff here to do anything about you they going to tell you " You are an adult you should handle it on your own."
When in all reality it all depends on the color of skin that you are. Please do not come here.
Pros
Free room And Food
Cons
The staff and Students
Great start
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 14, 2016
This is an amazing place to start off with your life. I want to further my Culinary Education while working in an awesome establishment.
it is what you make it
STUDENT-EMPLOYEE (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 5, 2016
Turner Job Corps is what you make it and who you surround yourself with. Just like high school, The food isn't the best but they have good things sometimes
Lack Of Improvement
Medical Administrative Assistant, Intern (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 28, 2016
Job Corp is unprofessional, unorganized, and disrespectful. They are disgusting and all around nasty. I never received any help or assistance from any of the training staff
Good Learning Experience, bad atmosphere
Internship Health Occupation Department (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 28, 2016
Good Learning Experience, bad atmosphere, the learning is good but the people you deal with are iffy. I learned though skills to become a C.N.A

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turner Job Corps. Our community is ready to answer.