Turner Pest Control Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Drama
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 26, 2017
No room for advancement and under paid for the amount of work required. They forced employees to do multiple jobs w/o multiple pay. Also, majority of Management was un-ethical in there relations with staff.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Drama from Upper Management
Productive workplace
WDO inspector (Former Employee) –  Baymeadows way Jax, Fl.June 17, 2017
I enjoyed the fast pace environment and leadership. Atypical day at work consist of 6-9 appointment with inspection of property required for all pest and conditions. Having been a former construction worker and builder gave me additional skill knowledge to perform my duties. Training provided me with additional skills even though training was minimal. Study and time on job and asking question with communication skills provide me with other knowledge that proved to be helpful in performing my duties.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
pay verses time spent
Nice getting in early to sit in the break room & watch the news.
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 28, 2017
My day started early for sales & for pest control. I started early so I could get my truck and other stuff needed to start my day. it was nice sharing your prior day with other employees before the start of your day. Everything about Turner Pest Control I liked, Management on down. I was familiar with the overall business except termite and bedbugs. And earned how to both successfully. Hardest Part would be digging the trench around around the house for termite control. I liked the sales part of the job, it was rewarding.
Pros
It was nice working outside.
Cons
Low pay, with no incentives.
Not worth it
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 6, 2017
The people are ok. The pay sucks. I was always running out of work to do. Only got paid 12% commission. Which didn't add up to much. Management is rude as well
The Best Company ever!
Director of Commercial Termite Services/ (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, Fl.June 25, 2015
I have been at Turner Pest control for almost 7 years. In my 34 year Pest Management career, I have worked at 2 large national companies employing 2300 team members at one of them but culturally they did not care for the employees considering Techs as "a dime a dozen". At Turner, we are family! We have about 120 caring and loving professionals that not only take very good care of our customers, but also care deeply about each other as well. The division Managers are highly trained and very knowledgable about not only pest control but also being mentors for each team mate. The Executive Team is phenomenal!! Not only running and growing annually a locally top 100 pest control company, but treating team members like each is a vital part of the overall success of the company. I plan on being at Turner for the rest of my working career.
Pros
Salary, annual picnics, fun, stability
Cons
none known
Fostered a culture in quality service
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaDecember 2, 2013
As a highly dedicated and committed human resource professional, my work is characterized by the ability to foster cohesive internal operating units and promote high performing organizations.

I consider one of my strengths to be my ability to mentor and guide colleagues, helping them to reach their professional potential. I believe that mentoring in a positive way delivers better individual performance and fosters positive attitudes for employees, resulting in greater efficiency and producing a synergistic effect on the organization as a whole.

In my most recent position, I directed human resources activities at 4 separate office locations with a staff of over 100 professionals. My 14-year career as a Human Resource Manager has afforded me the opportunity to gain a wealth of experience and knowledge.
Productive work place
Treatment of Wood Destroying Organisms Tech (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 6, 2012
•Pre-Treatment of Wood Destroying Organisms
•Provided exceptional customer service to Commercial and Residential customers
•Responsible for sales of $12k + per month
Pros
stable pay
Cons
managment
great place to be
Lawn Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2012
A good place for new or experienced pest control technicians.
A Place with good Values.
bookkeeper, secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCJuly 21, 2012
This place is excellent to work for, a place with good values. the owner is wonderful, easy to get along with, and you don't have to worry he is very respectful. The workers are dedicated and loyal, if you work here, you should have no problems with getting along with everyone as long as you do your job.
Pros
great atmosphere to work in, team oriented
Cons
no benefits