Turner Employee Reviews

Log Production Editor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2016
Fun environment and creative place. Benefits are good and people are friendly. Highly recommend this company for those who are looking for a great career in cable television entertainment. Location is central in the city of Atlanta and easy access to highways and public transportation. Competitive company in the industry, top network ratings.
Pros
Health benefits include medical, dental and eyes. Campus atmosphere.
Cons
Large company, you can get lost in the mix if you dont push to stand out.
Not what it used to be
marketing exec (Current Employee) –  AtlantaMay 31, 2016
Very reactive company. They are scared to be proactive. They typically want you to work for free. Do more with less mentality, but no extra pay. They also have the mentality of "if you don't agree with how we run things...find another job at another company."
No effort whatsoever in maintaining good, hard workers. Employees who have been there 5-10-15 years are still making the average salary of $45k a year because of the low yearly raises. Not a transparent company no matter how many times they use the word or try very hard to be. You have to hear about lay offs and merges and company changes through media, social media, or the news. High employee turn around! Save yourself the time and energy...work some place else. It is not the Turner it use to be.
Cons
insufficient pay, no work life balance, take it or leave it mentality
Turner is an excellent company to work for
Senior Financial Systems Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2016
Turner is an excellent company to work for. I have been working for Turner for the past 15 years and would recommend the company to anyone who is looking for employment.
Pros
Excellent benefits and great work life environment
Cons
Turner has decided to outsource our entire department to an offshore company in India
Avoid at all cost
QC Technician (Former Employee) –  DCAugust 6, 2016
Definitely didn't expect this as it unfolded. Management does everything to discourage you from changing departments. You have a better chance of raising the Titanic with tweezers. Most of the co-workers are as phoney as a three dollar bill. There are some talented people and some are generally good people. However, even they fall victim to the alphas of various clicks. They are conniving, lazy and extremely underhanded. I'm not sure how some got hired and furthermore astonished that they maintain their job. Which leads me to this. Beware of management moles. I would guess that's how a few of them still are able to loiter masquerading as workers. These incompetent, useless ones will despise you once you show drive, talent and unwavering confidence in spite of their efforts to maintain a hostile work environment. The directors are actually the most miserable of all. Constant nitpicking to those who aren't their chosen ones. Do yourself a huge favor and move on. Lastly, there is zero work life balance.
Pros
Going home at the end of my shift
Cons
Lousy management, conniving co-workers and low pay
Friendly work place enviroment.
Locksmith III / Lock Shop Manager, Key Control (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2016
Overall Turner was a wonderful place to work, friendly people, excellent benefits, excellent pay, room for advancement in some cases, Overall wonderful place to work.
Pros
Excellent work place enviroment.
Cons
No Job Security
Great work/life balance
Corporate Tax Co-Op (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2016
Balanced work life and great atmosphere.
Flexible hours and management is very professional.
Overall it is a pleasure to work for this firm.
Local Atlanta TV Station Sales Management Team-Excellent
Western Region Advertising Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2016
Turner was a great company to work for in the late '90's until 2005 when I left. Great Management, great Company perks , benefits took great care of employees!
Pros
treated employees very well
Great company to work for
Music Cue Sheet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2016
I loved working for Turner and enjoyed my job. I had great co-workers. The issue that I had was there wasn't a chance of advancement for me. There weren't any positions that I qualified for that would allow me to move up the ladder.

The work that I did for Turner isn't used in the everyday work environment but a lot of what I did is because of the computer programs.

The hardest part of my job was dealing with clients who wouldn't provide the information that they were required to provide while at the same time the most enjoyable part was dealing with clients who did provide what I needed and were willing to ask for help when needed.

I enjoyed all of the different areas that I was responsible for and having to keep track off. There were a lot of branches to this job that are hard to explain to anyone outside of the field.
Pros
Benefits, free clothes for the different networks, co-workers, learning a variety of programs
Cons
No chance of advancement
Don't work in TTS
IMAC/STAFF TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2016
Spent a long (Too long) in the Technology department. The management was confusing in the decision making. Spent money on pointless projects and then never had money for training. Most new skills came from new hires and then got stale sitting in a cube. Middle management seemed to enjoy misery of subordinates. To the point of running out on the tab for department lunches! OK so now it's all gone, new company with very little staff left.
Pros
benfits were super, great location
Cons
old company is gone.
Okay
Senior Production Support Analyst - Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2016
Culture and job security, advancement, compensation and benefits and work life balance are all ok. overall it an okay company to work for.
Enjoy talking with different people
Liquor Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 20, 2016
And management of sales...it is an family owned place. I enjoyed the people i worked with and people i served..i came to work on time every day
Organizational Changes
Expert Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2016
Great company once the organizational changes are complete. However, they've replaced a large amount of IT staff with offshore employees. Overall, my experience with management was pretty good.
Great company
Sales Planner - TBS, TNT & TRUTV (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2016
Great company but recent changes and layoffs have effected morale and output. New management as well not as committed as long term management that has left
Working for Attorneys
Application Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 27, 2015
While the benefits were good and the compensation was not bad, the work life and atmosphere was not the best. The IT department was not very team oriented and did not believe in relying on each other to accomplish tasks and work through issues as a team. Advancement in the company was very minimal as there were not really any promotional paths to take.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No promotion path.
Super boring place to work,
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Rhome, TXAugust 9, 2016
They do not have benefits, 401-K. All the employees I talked to said they are over worked and underpaid and that Turner does not appreciate them.
Pros
Cons
Really dusty enviroment
welding
Welder (Stick) (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LAJuly 30, 2016
Turner is a great place to work. You can definitely move up in the company. Paid holidays, great Insurance, and Friendly work environment. I would go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
the compensation
First safety then work
pipe fitter (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXNovember 14, 2016
knowledge and planning work and communicate with Co-worker such as safety and job including responsibility. No horse playing. Respect others. Learn from others. Follow the rules and regulations. There is no specific hard jobs for me, I just work with others by communicating and by thinking and planning ahead before work . The most enjoyable part of job is to work with others as a team.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Screaming and yelling out talking
Great Company to work for
Senior Financial System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2016
I worked for Turner for 10+ years and enjoyed my experience. I enjoyed the work life balance and the opportunity to grow professionally.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Constant restructuring
Fun and Pleasant Environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 27, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Turner, the employees worked as a team. There were employment opportunities w/in the company as well as the perks.
Pros
Advancement/Perks
RE: Turner Broadcasting (CNN, TBS/TNT) Century City, CA
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAJuly 25, 2016
Excellent place to work. Turner simply needs to put forth a more concentrated efort towards implementing more diversity via the oranization's hiring process and overall talent acquisition; especially within the company's "sports" department in it's Century City Office.
Pros
Co-Workers & Facility
Cons
Supervisor