Turner Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Top rated
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 13, 2017
Excellent company to work for with tremendous opportunity to advance from within. The company believes in work life balance and strives to maintain an ever changing work environment.
Employee Fitness Center
Executive Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2017
Growth potential; awesome benefits; supportive management; work-life balance; enjoyable, diverse work environment. Cross training opportunities; time management training.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Occasional required overtime
It was a fun place until they had to get thin for the AT&T take over
Corporate Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2017
25 yrs at a job i loved... worked with great people traveled around the world Producing sizzle reels for clients to help sell 6 billion dollars of add sales. Created custom content for all sides of the business , sales,HR,PR,Corporate etc
Pros
Good Work goes a long way
Cons
Mergers Kill
Great company, near sighted management
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2017
Turner offered a great learning experience through my years working there. Compensation is fair and other "soft" benefits are great.

Management is focused on short term goals, mostly driven by the urge to meet quarterly financial results at any cost. Certain areas of the company are plagued by favoritism to the detriment of employee morale.

My advice for anyone considering Turner is to make sure and take advantage of the varied divisions by taking on different roles during your tenure with the company and make sure you learn as much as possible.
Pros
Dynamic environment, multi cultural, progressive
Cons
Short term focus. Huge wage disparity between top executives and management
Odd Place
AP Accountant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2017
As big as this company is it has an awkward structure and culture. Departments I have interacted with and not friendly. Lots of micromanaging in customer service
Pros
Supervisor was very nice
Cons
Contractors have to pay for parking
Great company
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2017
I Love this people, people are great. My experience was stress free and they have good work life balance.

I would recommend this company to anyone looking to build a career and have prefect t work life balance.
Alright company
Pipefitter Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LAAugust 5, 2017
Alright company to work for they could offer more over time and also could pay per diem instead of working fifty hours a week but overall it's an alright job just need to pay a little more.
Pros
Excellent lunch facility
Cons
Don't pay per diem
Productive and fun enviroment, stead fast place
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXAugust 5, 2017
My typical day was getting to work at 6:30am. We had safety meetings every morning. Get our task at hand. Ride to the job site to evaluate our job task. Had to retrieve our permeants, and start at a time efficient manor. Learned all the paper work was up to date and turned in at a timely manor. Management was very thorough and pro efficient. There was never a hard part about the job. The most enjoyable part was being able to have communicate with others.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
N/a
Productive and hard working environment
Sports Ad Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2017
I was an intern for Turner Broadcasting in the Sports marketing and advertising department. I learned the ins and outs about sports marketing. I became proficient in using Final Cut pro to help create clips of advertisements for the partners of Turner.
Great
Digital Media Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2017
love my job because people care about me as a person and about my professional growth. There is a genuine spirit of cooperation and shared goals all revolving around helping the customer that I have not found at other corporations,
Turner
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 20, 2017
Worked several times with turner not a bad company to work for like any have your bad eggs for supers but for the most part everyone is layed back and relaxed
Apprentice/T3 (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2017
Turner is a great place to work. There are a variety of benefits and perks that come with working for this company. Senior level managers are very open and there is a lot of room for innovation and creativity.
Pros
Onsite gym and cafeteria with awesome food
Cons
They need to do a better job of investing in younger talent
Perspective from a former temp
Turner Temp (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2017
Turner was quite nice to work at as a temporary hire. The job placements I had varied greatly, so I was able to learn a lot of new skills and gain a lot of experience. It was definitely a great starter job out of college and I recommend the temp program to anyone looking to get a start in their vast company.
Muy buena
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 29, 2017
Durante mi estancia en turner estuve conforme con mi trabajo me agradó mucho trabajar ahi
Corporate Culture
Counsel, CNN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2017
Very typical of a large corporation. Lots of red tape and "stay in your lane" attitudes that are difficult to overcome. Those in my department were very friendly and open, but that can only go so far.
Fun place to work
Work Order Control Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2017
The best job in the world. I spent sixteen years of my life at Turner Broadcasting, Sys/CNN and loved every minute of it. My Vice-Presiden Mike Adgie was the best leader in the world. He's fair and honorable
Pros
Meeting famous people, free stuff
Cons
I left the job too early
great company
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 18, 2017
great company excellent safety record had all the tools you need for job excellent inventory of parts paid travel to and from job excellent and awesome company to work for
Great place for your resume and to learn
Public Relations Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2017
You learn a lot and it's a well known company so it opens many doors. Many lay offs every year. People over 40 are being lay off due to "position elimination" but later replaced in a similar post by a millennial. Company is desperate to evolve into the new age of TV due to the amount of cord cotters.
Pros
Well known corporation
Cons
Be ready to work long hours, weekends, holidays, etc
Fearful environment with bad leadership
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 15, 2017
No leadership and no transparencey. Our team went thourgh 2 VP and 3 cretive directors. Everyone is afraid of being laid off and are very territorial with their jobs. Very little collaboration and countless individuals not qualified to be in their postions.
Pros
it is on the WB lot.
Cons
Management and CEO
Accounting Manager, Live Action and Animation (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 13, 2017
Turner provides work/life balance. Management is well trained and understanding. The best part of the job was being independent while getting the job done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turner. Our community is ready to answer.