Turning Point Employee Reviews

Great team of nurses
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 11, 2017
Working with an excellent team of dedicated nurses was a wonderful experience. I enjoyed working with psychiatric patients in their homes and seeing the improvement in their daily lives.
fun place
Night Advocate (Current Employee) –  El Dorado, AR 71730April 4, 2017
love this place. nothing bad to say about it. laid back environment. work on my own. nights is the best shift. fun place to work. nothing else to say.
Fun, and meaningful workplace
Assistant Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lakeside, CAMarch 22, 2017
A likeable, meaningful and talented workplace. Many departments to work for, with a friendly atmosphere. Truly enjoy working here. Made many friends in this workplace.
Great benefits and managers!
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Boxford, MAMarch 16, 2017
Its a great place to work. Coworkers are supportive, you can work a few extra hours, managers are comprehensive and hours are great.
Individuals are very independent and the benefits are great!
Pros
Healthcare, flexible hours
Hard work but very rewarding
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 28, 2017
I have always loved to be a part of very rewarding work. Whether that reward comes from a job well done via your boss or you see the progress your clients have made in their lives. To be apart of someones journey, to watch them go from homelessness and drug addiction to stable, clean and living on their own is all the reward I need.
Hard work from sun up to sun down
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 27, 2017
This job requires you to clean up homes and the streets surrounding it. Expect a lot of trash to be picked up, grass to be cut, trees to be cut down, and a lot of hot sunlight. On the upside, you work at your own pace and finish whenever you want but you only get paid for what you have completed.
Pros
Be your own supervisor
Cons
Hot weather and hard working conditions, little pay
productive
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHJanuary 19, 2017
fun and productive self paced good easy flowing work great job loved it miss it great co workers very friendly staff and I was allowed to have coffee with my boss every morning
Pros
smoke breaks
Cons
short breaks
horriable
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHJanuary 11, 2017
The people there are rude and stuck up, there's inmates from the jail in there who make rude and inappropriate comments. The foreman or leader is an jerk who plays favoritism's and never does any work himself!!!!
Fast-paced and different work for nurses
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSNovember 21, 2016
Turning Point was a huge learning experience. It's not a typical or traditional role for nurses, but gave me an excellent opportunity to utilize psychiatric nursing skills. The clientele was varied and I was able to educate those suffering from chemical dependency. I also applied the DBT skills to my own life, therefore I felt like I have grown as a nurse. There is never a dull day in the dual diagnosis facility, but the nurses work well as a team with recovery coaches and therapists. The facility is very new and has a long way to come in setting protocols, though.
Difficult To Advance
Client Advocate- Crisis (Current Employee) –  TurningpointOctober 25, 2016
Skills are undervalued and undercompensated. The harder you work the more they expect. Input experience and expertise are not given adequate weight
Pros
Co-workers and direct supervisor are wonderful
Cons
Upper management is out of touch and dismissive
Poorly Managed
Behavioral Health RN (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 24, 2016
Poorly managed, pay is far below average, high work load, intensive patients, most co-workers were great as this is a tough field to work. Emotionally and mentally draining with un-realistic expectations. Staff morale was poor.
Pros
Reaching out to to an underserved population
Cons
Lack of appreciation, moral support, financial support, and high staff turnover.
Helping women to achieve their goals
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAOctober 5, 2016
The Turning Point is a wonderful,safe place for women with drug addiction to recover. Group therapy and life skill classes teach the women how to become productive members of society.
good and easy going staff
Intern (Former Employee) –  sun set paSeptember 30, 2016
well average day at the office is my doing my work in the morning and then go to brake come back do sum more work go to lunch then finish up what im doing then go home
Great music theropy
Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Franklin, PASeptember 12, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job would be to know that a person can help put someone on the right path with a little effort on both parts. I learned to be thick skinned and not to take things personally. The hardest part of my job is knowing that there are limits to what a person can do but I have come to terms with this. I have always enjoyed my co-workers and the support that we have for each other. Management was good at my past employers but there were even times that their hands were tied went it came to services.
Pros
a great deal of insight to the human mind
Cons
large workload but they become easier as one becomes experienced
Positive and friendly environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 12, 2016
Coworkers were always willing to help out, we worked together for a successful shift. Management was flexible and wonderful to deal with. The hardest part of the job was interacting with tricky guests. However, the best part of the day was interacting with new and interesting people every day.
productive facility with great friendly staff
casemanager/substance abuse counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 1, 2016
great place to work, great people, learned how to managed a caseload and attend home visits. this Company has weekly staff meetings to keep all updated on latest breakthroughs in the field of employment, as well as quarterly meetings to updated all on company progress
a pleasant place to work. I enjoyed working with the people who lived there
Caretaker/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 25, 2016
A typical day at Turning Point was actually quite pleasant. I arrived around 9:00 a.m. took out the resident folders and read over the previous shifts assessments of the clients, then I prepared breakfast for the people who lived there. After breakfast, I cleaned the house, did the dishes and the laundry. When the day was over, I would assess the residents for the day, and turn over the shift to the night shift.
Amazing people and great opportunites
Habilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Shallotte, NCAugust 10, 2016
I have enjoyed working here. There are great people who care and motivate. I appreciate the opportunity. I am truly grateful for the transparency that they provide. Would recommend.
Pros
great communication
Cons
lack of clients
Friendly, Supportive
Habilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJuly 20, 2016
Leaving Turning Point was on of the hardest things I have had to do. You work one on one with your client in their home. Sometimes family is around sometimes they aren't. The supervisors I had in the office were absolutely wonderful. They were all friendly, any problems you had with your client or their family they helped with right away and got it fix.
Cons
Used your own car, payed for the gas taking your clients out
Turning Point
Residential Monitor (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 18, 2016
Resident Monitor I is responsible for all matters relating to: security; employee, resident, and visitor safety; and the cleanliness and sanitation of the entire facility. Directly responsible for ensuring the continual accountability of all assigned residents, and a safe and secure environment that facilitates treatment and rehabilitation. Supervises resident admission/release operations, drug and alcohol testing, visitation, recreation, commissary, laundry procedures, transportation services, and other related duties as required. Facilitates security support for other treatment programs as required. The Resident Monitor I is expected to participate in other facility activities which foster a safe and secure environment that is conducive to the goals and mission of the facility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turning Point. Our community is ready to answer.