Turning Point Employee Reviews in United States

One too many " supervisors "
Staff Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 2, 2016
Management is terrible
Inadequate training
Lack of communication
Unethical behavior
New day - new rule, lack of consistency, very disorganized
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lack of communication, inadequate training
experiance at turning points
Office assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95125April 3, 2016
My experience at turning point was fun didn't do much because i was only there for 50 hours for a school program called work ability. it was basically for me to have work experience. the things i did there was Copy,shredding papers and cutting as well as organizing.
Pros
It was easy work.
Cons
short breaks.
Poorly run company.
Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 14, 2016
Company overworked and underpaid employees. Company had little integrity and actually broke rules. Company staff walked out all at once due to dissatisfaction.
Pros
Cons
Overworked
fun and busy place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  holmdelMarch 7, 2016
Very busy work days.Always something to do. Help staff out durning the shift as well as doing prep, payroll, schedules, inventory etc.
A typical day at work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2016
I worked as the corporate administrative assistant answering the mainline phone. Answer overnight messages on the sending transferring to the appropriate departments. Answering all incoming calls and transferring to appropriate departments. receiving all incoming and outgoing mails and distributing to appropriate locations.
Pros
location and hours
Cons
cost of health benefits
not good management
Habilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCFebruary 16, 2016
The management here was not to good, and organization made it hard to advance here. It was a private owned company. I was a care taker for 5 mentally disabled men and we done everything.
Amazing place to start out, but nowhere to go
Rehabilitation Counselor (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 5, 2016
While this is a great place to start working in the human services field, you start to feel unfulfilled pretty quickly. There is a lot of opportunity to engage with clients but little else to do on any shift other than day shift. Unfortunately, advancement opportunities are few and far in between for this location. Most opportunities would require relocation and frankly don't pay nearly as well as they should for the required experience/education. The management leaves something to be desired. While the program supervisor is very attentive to employee needs, the direct supervisor is often rude, aggressive, and unhelpful; the program supervisor is reluctant to act on complaints against the supervisor. There is a bright side though: the co-workers are amazing. Everyone here obviously loves what they do. Everyone truly enjoys helping people and are quick assist clients with their needs. We've all come to enjoy one another's company both at work and outside of it. While it can be difficult when we get clients who's level of care is beyond what we can provide, the most difficult part of the job is knowing that once someone leaves our location, we have no more interaction with them or their lives. This has lead to many set-backs for our clients as some of them leave here without ANY additional support which they often desperately need. The most enjoyable part of working here though is knowing that we make a difference in the lives of many of the people who come through our doors. Many of them have written letters to us thanking us for impact we've made on them.
Pros
Free lunch, amazing clients, rewarding, great staff
Cons
Poor management, few local advancement opportunities
Better Communication
Habilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 2, 2016
There are hours appointed to you by your caseworker. Go into the home and work with member daily living skills and social skills. To report concerns is pointless because the demand is so high to be in the home that solutions are solved quickly as they should be.
Good company to gain experience
Rehabilitation Coverage Counselor (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 16, 2016
I have enjoyed working for Turning Point. The staff here is genuine & care for the advancement of the clients. The hardest part of working here is working the graveyard shift, it's very hard on the body & stressful not getting adequate sleep.
Cons
the pay is minimum wage & not much potential for advancement.
Behavioral Coach
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 10, 2015
Worked with children and families. Enjoyed the clients. The immediate supervisor was humorous and straightforward. Went out into the community to take children to do activities or teach parents parenting skills.
Pros
Have a clientelle flow.
Cons
It was the wrong job for skill level. Not a fit.
Productive , nice place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJNovember 4, 2015
Good placed to work .
Certain people started to act differently once new came into work place.
Job was quiet & peaceful , just a little too quiet
Pros
peaceful
Cons
no breaks, only 15 min.
fun place to work with alot of room for creativity
I served as Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 2, 2015
i would plan the menu in the morning and then prep and cook lunch. After lunch I would work with one or two others to prepare dinner.
It was a great place to work.
Good Company
Sr. Production Manager & Development (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2015
Daily sourcing.
Learned that all problems have solutions.
Co-workers are team players.
The hardest is been able to hire the correct patternmaker and graphic artist.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Growth
The Name Says It All
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma TNOctober 14, 2015
This is a Low intensity out patient program that also offers anger management, batters intervention, alcohol and drug and much more. If you can help one person it would change not only their life but yours.
typical day
Assistant Cook (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 8, 2015
quite rewarding always room to learn continuously learning my coworkers are all amazing the hardest part of my job is the inability to get management to follow thru especially with promotions empty promises are commonplace
Pros
freedom to learn
Cons
not always accessible management
Fun working with kids
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIOctober 8, 2015
Kind of a typical group home job but the management and colleagues are really nice and helpful. You mentor and monitor adolescent boys and help guide them on how to behave out in the community. I enjoyed mentoring the boys but the tough part was setting so many boundaries.
Pros
Mentoring
Cons
n/a
Stressful work environment with no appreciation for their employees
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, PaSeptember 14, 2015
Most of us are burdened by doing the work of 3 or people, with little compassion or compensation. Those who barely do the work of one person are the ones complaining the most yet getting the most recognition and compensation.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Constant change, no security and you are made to feel and told regular;y that you can and will be replaced
Productive and fun workplace
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCSeptember 14, 2015
It was never a dole moment. Always something different. I love the management. I recommend this company. The most enjoyable about this company is the clients.
Pros
putting a smile on my clients face daily
Cons
NO reimbursement for mileages and no room for growth
Productive and Courtesy
Operation Aide (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJSeptember 9, 2015
Working with the community an assisting clients meet there short term goals is a blessing. Looking forward to future experiences.
Pros
Very good workplace
Cons
Care not to comment
high risk of contracting various things such as tb, scabies or bedbugs and unfair compensation
Maintenance Technician (SSHP) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 18, 2015
no room for advancement, low compensation, no annual raises or any other means of earning more income, very racial against any who were not african american/west indian descent and high amount of favortism due to friends of management being employed.
Pros
learn various skills on the job
Cons
constantly having to buy lunch due to the mobilarity of position, no work distribution balance. some do more than others.