Turning Point Employee Reviews

the hardest part of this job
CSS (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCFebruary 10, 2018
The hardest part of this job was the travel and wear and tear on your vehicle and no compensation for that. Not always being aware of what your day my consist of.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
cant really think of any
Enjoyable part of the job
Detox Counselor (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJFebruary 6, 2018
Working with the clients and seeing them grow. As you work with a client during their detox and they enter treatment sick and not knowing what is next for them in life; As you prepare a proper treatment plan for them to grow as a person and see the light start to come on in their heart. It makes it all worth while.
Pros
Great peer support
Cons
short breaks
Worst place to ever work
Monitor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 24, 2018
This job located in Bakersfield CA was the WORST job I’ve ever had. The hours sucked and so did the management! The supervisors took the employees as a joke. They were very disrespectful at times as well.
You couldn’t even go to your supervisor with a concern without having the whole staff know all about it the next day.
This job was literally a joke!!!
Cons
Highly recommend anyone who is interested in the recovery field to apply here
Property Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 18, 2018
Clients co-workers and work environment for a grade A, number one. The environment was interesting and innovative. Our equipment was always new and in great working condition. Wonderful experience
Pros
Everything about turn Bridge exceeded my expectations
Cons
It was a temporary job
Food Service Manager/Chef (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 15, 2018
Loved working there. Love working in the food industry and it was a pleasure to prepare and serve food to the clients. Also catering events was a pleasure. This is a private Christian campus housing several different entities and serving the North Omaha community. The people there at the time I was employed there were great people and enjoyed working with them.
Pros
Great people and good pay
Cons
For my department (me) the hours were very long.
wonderful job
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keavy, KYJanuary 8, 2018
best job ever. I love children and I loved working with all the different personalities there was to work with in the children. I would love to have this job back
Good atmosphere
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 17, 2017
Great environment to work in. Staff is friendly and productive, dedicated to students. Hard to advance since it very small. Pay is on the low end. Overall, decent place to work in.
Pros
time off
Cons
low pay
Great starting Point
Fill-In Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 27, 2017
It's a good place to start if you are looking at getting your feet into the waters of the criminal justice system, mental health and addiction. The pay is not great, but it gives you an idea of where you may want to advance.
Pros
Exposure
Sad environment
Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCNovember 26, 2017
This was the domestic violence shelter for battered women and children. It was very hard to work in this environment because of the atmosphere being sad and depressing.
Fast paced work environment.
Admission Specialist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Kerman, CANovember 15, 2017
High volume work environment as an Admissions Specialist with additional secretarial duties. You are tasked with not only the admissions side of the house but also interpreting for the in house Doctors.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful patient environment
It was a bad experience. A waste of time.
Intern @ Brooklyn Public Library (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2017
We had mandatory meetings in which we discussed nothing relevant. It was basically a repeat of a class I had taken before. The most enjoyable part was getting pizza. And that's an understatement to say the least
volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MINovember 4, 2017
cleaning exam rooms, office work and helping at the thrift store. This organization is fantastic and a great source for those in abusive relationshiops
Terrible workplace
Monitor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 2, 2017
Horrible management, some worked while others did nothing, never rewarded or acknowledged for hard work. Management played favorites often. Treated clients poorly
Pros
Cons
Scheduling, false promises on hours, Management
Fast paced work setting
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 27, 2017
Fairly typical drug, alcohol and eating disorder program. Has likely changed quite a bit since I worked there so I would take this review with a grain of salt. Staffs change and programs change.
Pros
Counselors cared about the clients they served.
Cons
Sometimes a pressured work environment.
Its a good place to volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Indian Trail, NCOctober 26, 2017
Turning Point is a great non profit organization and I suggest others volunteer for it. I think every one should work their. The people that work their are really nice.
Pros
Your helping others
Cons
nothing
Average day at work
COUNSELOR AIDE (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJOctober 16, 2017
Dealing with clients from all walks of life. 3 functional units. We are designed to assist those that are in need of help that function in the category of co-occurring disorder. We aim to help those that feel weak and useless and assist them into understanding that they are people too.
Pros
Flexible, always days to work, and learn a lot
Cons
high stress, low pay.
My Own Experience
Behavioral Coach (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 12, 2017
I found the supervision inferior to what I have received before. Guidelines as to the limits of the job were very fuzzy and created conflict with other agencies.
turning point
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 11, 2017
The people here are amazing the clients i just love it.Its a clean environment they keep everything up to date the staff is helpful an the clinic really cares about everyone.
Shelter for deliquent youth
Child care worker (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 10, 2017
Hours and shifted varied and had to be mandated for shift coverage
Clean environment and people friendlyy staff
Monitor the safety of juveniles and process the release of juveniles
Great place to work while in school
Warehouse Inventory & Duplication Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lakeside, CASeptember 30, 2017
Very easy and laid back work environment. All people who work in the warehouse are college-aged guys who all get along great. Its a very basic job where you pack and ship out orders. Some people have more specialized positions like mailing out letters/receipts or packing and mailing out special orders.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turning Point. Our community is ready to answer.