Turning Stone Casino Employee Reviews

Fun and fast paced
Hostess (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2017
Turning stone casino is a great place to work, lots of different type people , wonderful coworkers and awesome management. They are also very good with breaks, to eat or smoke if you are a smoker.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
can be stressful during busy times
Employees are treated terribly
Barista (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYNovember 1, 2017
The fast pace environment was no issue, it gave a good insight to customer service however customers would take losing their money out on employees which didn't make it a good place to work. Management would put unrealistic goals on workers.
Pros
break room
Cons
short breaks, wouldn't take one if too busy
Bad deal
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYOctober 19, 2017
Would not recommend working at any casino. You are watched from the time you pull in til you leave. No repercussions if you are terminated if it is an Indian owned casion.
Pros
Low cost food during breaks
Bartending
I bartended there (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYSeptember 3, 2017
Was a lot of fun and a great place to work. The management was great. Always got breaks and the food in the break room is very good. A lot of help if needed from everyone there.
good place to work
Casino Services Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Vernon, NYMay 23, 2017
good place to work, good money, good benefits, but only expect to work there for about 5 years, that is the shelf expectancy of a employee, but good place to work
Resort Marketing Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Verona, NYMay 19, 2017
Good place to work. A lot of opportunities and options when careers. They do offer a 401k and also offer to match up to 3%. I work 9am-5pm Monday through Friday. Everyone is very nice and easy to work with.
Good full time job
Keno Writer (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYApril 21, 2017
Working with guests and other employees for an enjoyable experience, writing tickets and calling games, management firm but friendly, hardest part of the job was dealing with rush hours, the most enjoyable part was calling winners for guests and getting to interact with them.
Pros
Long breaks, great insurance
Cons
Worked holidays and weekends
Horrible
former emplyee (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYApril 20, 2017
Worse place i have ever worked for in my entire life will never work there again.
no room to move up unless your a favorite. Supervisors and managers are completely lacking wits to do the job right they depend on other people and then act like you never do anything.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
everything else
Fast paced, stressful but rewarding
Server (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYMarch 26, 2017
Serving guests to meet high class resort standards, keeping up to knowledge on specials and side works. Coworkers are very welcoming, very family-like. Customers are mostly entitled gamblers, but the money is good. Management is unreliable
Overall a Safe Consistent place
Steward/Late Night DA (Former Employee) –  5218 Patrick Rd, Verona, NY 13478February 23, 2017
Having worked there I would say that advancement is not very achievable. The work days were predictable based on what day of the week it would be for business. Some coworkers were very lazy and others there was a language barrier.
Pros
Overtime and Full Health benefits
Cons
advancement not very achievable
love the job
Customer Service/ Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Verona, NYOctober 26, 2016
Love the job and the management. Learn new jobs often with raises with certain training. Have learned alot of money handling and very fast paced business.
Pros
great to work for
Loved it
Shop Attendant (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYOctober 11, 2016
absolutely loved working there great co-workers great environment overall it was an experience of a lifetime I would recommend for anyone that could get employed with them to do so incredible people you will meet there lovely job
Fun culture with some room for advancement
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYAugust 16, 2016
Lots of fun and interesting people to work with and learn from. The chefs are very knowledgeable.Being to cooking in a professional kitchen I learned a lot very quickly when I first started but when I left the opportunity to learn or teach others had slowed down greatly. Overall though i enjoyed my time working at the Upstate Tavern.
Pros
Opportunity to learn (at first), good benefits, fun co-workers
Cons
Breaks weren't always guaranteed, out of touch administrative team
Fun place to work
Spa Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Verona, NYJune 14, 2016
Worked with many different kinds of people. Receptionists, Massage therapists, estheticians, etc. Great place to build and learn with new people. Great pay and wonderful health benefits.
Housekeeper, Team Leader, Supervisor
Held 3 in 5 years in housekeeping Departmnent (Former Employee) –  Hotel, favorite place and then TowerFebruary 3, 2016
I worked there for close to 5 years and as soon as the lay offs started I was one of the supervisors let go when there was another with less experience than myself... It was all well and good because she was a major brown noser with the new head of housekeeping and I wasn't. When I first started there I absolutely loved my job and it didn't become a horrible experience for me until they let our Executive Housekeeper go and and the new monster from another state took over. By the time I left there were only approximately 12 non refugee employees left in the department that you could actually have a conversation with and not need an interpreter... I miss a lot of the people I used to work with when I first started but by the time I was "laid off" there was only a handful left. I shake my head because they keep the wrong people, by that I mean the ones who will clean 20 rooms within 8 hours and not complain about pay, breaks or the work and let the ones who who actually cared about the guests.
Pros
Co-Workers, Benefits
Cons
Unappreciated, Care more about guests than own employees, Says they are about family but I call BULL!
nice clean place to work. not in same area every day..
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYOctober 26, 2015
i learned how to buff wood floors, that was new to me. coworkers were all good to get along with. hardest part was trying to understand coworkers that were different nationalities.
Pros
different work areas daily, very busy
Cons
favoritism
Workplace focused on team building to ensure great guest service.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYJuly 10, 2015
The workplace was centered around team building with an emphasis on everyone working together to provide a great experience for all guests. My typical day involved prep work for current shift as well as preparation for subsequent shifts and food preparation for all dining guests. The management team was dedicated to teaching and training for success of all employees. I learned a lot from my superiors about fine dining food preparation and overall work ethic. I enjoyed the team members that I worked with each day.
Pros
Great Benefits and Opportunity for Advancement
Cons
Long hours (sometimes 15 hour days)
former employee
Assisted supervisor / Bingo Caller (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYJune 10, 2015
worked at the bingo hall. enjoyed my job
picked out equipment
schedule for employees
long hours and weekends
filled in when needed
Uneven standards are applied to different people unfair allocation of discipine
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYMarch 26, 2015
Every day is the same .Very difficult place to work I enjoyed working with prople. However never being fly that I was cared about
Not a happy place
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Vernon, NYFebruary 4, 2015
I worked there years ago during my time there it was not a very happy place to work. There was no support from management. Servers were not supportive of each other.