Turning Stone Casino Employee Reviews

former employee
Assisted supervisor / Bingo Caller (Former Employee), Verona, NYJune 10, 2015
worked at the bingo hall. enjoyed my job
picked out equipment
schedule for employees
long hours and weekends
filled in when needed
UNEVEN STANDARDS ARE APPLIED TO DIFFERENT PEOPLE UNFAIR ALLOCATION OF DISCIPINE
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), Oneida, NYMarch 26, 2015
Every day is the same .Very difficult place to work I enjoyed working with prople. However never being fly that I was cared about
Not a happy place
Food Server (Former Employee), Vernon, NYFebruary 4, 2015
I worked there years ago during my time there it was not a very happy place to work. There was no support from management. Servers were not supportive of each other.
Very social job with the potential to earn a good income.
Waitress/Beverage Server (Former Employee), Verona, NYSeptember 26, 2014
Management treated me fairly and I enjoyed my job. I knew my clients very well and was treated with respect.
DO NOT APPLY HERE
Senior Security Officer (Former Employee), Verona, NYAugust 3, 2014
Pros: benefits are "ok" and that's about it.
Cons: just about everything
Unless your in management or work upstairs in the offices, you'd be better off working for the devil. The employees in this company are treated like complete garbage, you receive a badge that literally has a number on it, because that's all you are to them.

I've had to personally escort out employee's that have been there for almost 15 years because they got laid off. Upper-management gets to keep their $100,000+ a year salary though, because their families are more important. There is no job security here, you never get raises, and every single department hates and complains about each other. They try dictating "mandatory over-time" which last I knew was illegal. If you don't do the over-time, they write you up.

We have let countless guests off the hook for the horrible, despicable crimes they commit because they "spend to much money here." Half of the guests that go there, we have problems with and should be in a jail cell. Most employee's don't feel safe there because these criminals flash their money around and get away with murder.

You get no sick-time, so if your throwing up your guts for three days, or if you have kids that you need to stay home with, they just take it out of your vacation time, which isn't much. You do get a bonus check at the end of the year (usually), but don't let anyone fool you, it's for about $200.00. That's just enough money for me to realize how screwed I am.

You have to park in the employee parking lot and take a bus into work everyday. But the buses are all ran by 65+ year old men who drive slower than a turtle that lost it's head. There's about 2 buses running at all times for 5,000 employee's, so 9 times out of 10, employee's are usually late for work. And yup, you guessed it, management blames you for being late and takes it out of your pay.

So in conclusion, if you're planning on applying to this heinous place of employment.....don't.
Its alright
Opals Lead Shop Attendant (Former Employee), verona nyJuly 4, 2014
Pros: paid lunches and pay
Cons: customers
Its nothing special, the gamblers think they were entitled to everything which isnt true
fun place to work at but can be a handful at times and frustrating
Concession Attendant (Former Employee), Verona, NYJune 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits, employees are approachable and knowledgable, decent pay
Cons: rude customers, poor job safety, strict policies
i worked in the corner market. i took customer orders, prepared the food, handled payments, stocked and cleaned the outlets. was a handful at times due to rude customers and how busy it tended to get. week days were usually slow and manageable. i would work in the casino again depending on what jobs they have available because they provide a lot of jobs here in central NY and they have god benefits. the one thing i hate most about the casino is the job security.
Fun workplace.
Bingo Moneyroom Clerk (Former Employee), Vernon, New YorkMay 16, 2014
Loved working with the public.
Enjoyed learning how to play high stakes bingo.
Enjoyed meeting a lot of new people.
Hard and productive
Security Officer (Former Employee), Verona, NYApril 16, 2014
It was fun but was hard to get promoted. Working was fun and had its moments however, customer service was alway refreshing.
Productive and educational
Auditor/Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Oneida, NYFebruary 12, 2014
I was a reveue auditor for the Casino and I enjoyed my job and it was a very happy time for me. I was responsible for the gaming department and other sites. I learned there system, and worked with wonderful people. The harest part of my job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of my job was the job itself.
VIP Services Representative (Current Employee), Verona, NYNovember 4, 2013
Pros: meeting such a wide variety of people.
Assisting VIPs with a wide variety of requests i.e. booking rooms, providing comp for food, shows, spa and golf. Fielding phone calls. Working closely with our VIP Hosts.
very difficult to work for
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Vernon NyOctober 24, 2013
this company was difficult to work for due to many reasons which im not comfortable mentioning.
entertaining
Security Officer (Former Employee), Verona, NYSeptember 23, 2013
the day was the same yet different, you never knew what to expect. I learned that some customers no matter what they did never got tossed because they were money spenders.....mgt was good, co workers were good, not tossing people because of money was a hard part for me.
I enjoyed speaking to the customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Verona, NYJuly 27, 2013
Pros: our dept. would earn tips every 2 weeks so it was nice for that extra money.
Cons: for your bank to not balance
Setting up your bank, signing on to your remote computer, and pushing off to work the floor, for customers to put money on their cards to play the machines. I got along with my co-workers and my management. I found the hardest part of the job was when the casino was slow, the busier you are the faster your time moves, and I prefer to be busy.
Productive, fast paced industry.
Cashier (Former Employee), Vernon, NYJuly 20, 2013
Fun, Greeting and helping customers with fashion ideas! Some cashiering. Helping do go backs and cleaning up my area. Also learned how about stocking shelves, provide daily conversation with the customers.
overall good place to work. Not for everyone
Room Service Server (Former Employee), Verona, NYMay 27, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: management unfair, working holidays
Have to park in an employee parking lot and ride a bus over to casino. Usually busy all day long. Co-workers tend to stay in groups. Able to work any time due to being open 24 hours
fun workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee), Verona, NYApril 30, 2013
Pros: easy work
Cons: short breaks
Walk around break up fights and have great customer service have a set lunch break and the managers are cool
Not a very great place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Verona, NYFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: paid lunches and breaks, benefits, pto. etc.
Cons: cleaning
I cleaned all day, i didnt learn much working as a housekeeper. didnt work in managment. my co-workers were great, very supportive and helpful. the hardest part of the job was finding disgusting things in the room and having to clean it. the most enjoyable part was getting paid and my co-workers.
housekeeping
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee), Vernon, NYFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: get to meet good people
Cons: very tiring, hard work
Working hard is recommened
becomming a better person
very social to custumers
very tiring at times
good pay
No room for advancement.
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Verona, NYJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: meeting people
Cons: work too many hours per day.
No job security at Management level. Deters you from applying for a better position within the company.