Turning Stone Resort & Casino

Turning Stone Resort & Casino Employer Reviews

Excellent experience
Room Service /Server (Former Employee), Verona, NYNovember 22, 2013
Pros: team setting and great medical benefits
Cons: not a warm environment
Answer phones, take orders, run orders to rooms, set up their meals, clear their dishes, cash out all orders for room service and the restaurant, restock ice and coolers.
Was able to see large crowds, host major events
Bartender (Current Employee), Oneida, NYOctober 18, 2013
Pros: good money, good co workers
Cons: bad hours, long drive
Turning stone was a good place to work. We had a very good team of bartenders. The drive to and from work was the best. I enjoyed the customer interaction the best.
Fun at Turning Stone
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Verona, NYOctober 9, 2013
A typical day of work including buying our drawer and verifying money before opening our windows for business. I learned how to deal with customers that were not always very friendly in a way that they walked away happier. My management team was amazing and very approachable in any type of situations. My co-workers went the extra mile to make everyone – more... feel a part of our amazing team. The hardest part of my job was not being able to put a smile on all of my customers faces due to a loss of their money. The most enjoyable part of my job was gaining a bond with the regular customers and paying them out when they won big! – less
Workkk
Cocktail Waitress & Promo Model (Former Employee), Verona, NYJune 25, 2013
very enjoyable job. Friendly managment. easy office work. sorting and filing.
Management of large primarily unskilled staff to maintain properties.
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee), Verona, NYApril 1, 2013
Pros: wonderful people to know and work with in housekeeping, learning about other cultures, getting to know the cultures, being able to teach cultures to respect one another and work together.
Cons: no breaks, hard long hours, housekeeping staff is often looked down on by others so gaining respect for staff is always a fight.
Typical day started 6:30AM-5PM. All employments have been generally a 7/24 job on call 24 hours a day due to managing the facilities or departments. Multi cultural staffing. In charge of hiring all the departmental staffs, budgetting the department, training, etc.
I have always enjoyed my employments and given them my full attention. Hardest part is – more... not being able to have close friendships due to being the upper management of the staff. Most enjoyable was the contact with the staff and their families through work activities and holidays, etc. Learning the multiple cultural aspects of the staff was a great learning experience.
Having to explain the complexities of multi cultural staff and low income staffing to upper management was always the hardest part of the job. Upper management can lack the empathy necessary to manage lower income staff. Staff retention, with very low turn over has always been my best quality. – less