Turning Stone Resort & Casino Employee Reviews in United States

Not bad at all, but I was an extern.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYDecember 18, 2015
Good people to work with depending on which restaurant you went to. Most of them were friendly and supportive, knowing that the job was hard. I got minimum wage, but that was fine in exchange for my culinary credit and I got free housing with it. It was a very good place to work, seeing as how I was able to cycle through 5 restaurants.
Pros
Free lunch, 8 hour set work shifts, weekends off.
Cons
No benefits.
Small Salary vs Expectations
Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Verona, NYNovember 22, 2015
A very fast paced and hectic lifestyle which quite frankly is insane. Management plays favorites and there is little room for advancement unless you are actively seeing in the know. Regardless of how qualified you are, they'll offer you an obnoxiously low offer and when you do settle thinking you'll make your way up the ladder, you quickly realize that this isn't the case and it's about who you know not how hard you work.
Great place to gain experience and build a career
Production Supervisor for Exit 33 (Current Employee) –  Verona, NYMarch 6, 2015
Turning Stone has been a great place to start my career. Since my internship I have been promoted three times. I have learned a great deal about my industry as well as invaluable experience. I've experienced how to work with other departments to complete projects timely and effectively, as well as how to be a proficient supervisor.
Pros
great coworkers, healthcare, experience
Cons
pay scale isn't overly competitive
Fun work place
Cashier/Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Vernon, NYFebruary 23, 2015
When I arrive into work I help the customers have a fantastic time while gambling at the Turning Stone Casino Resort. I enjoy taking customers drink orders and then delivering it to them after the bartender makes them for me.
Pros
love the people i work with
Cons
managers keep messing up the schedule
Productivity of the work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Turning Stone Resort and Casino has oppertunities of advancement in the work place. On a typical day during a security position you will run into complications between guests and as well as team members. I personally learned the aspects of a security officer and the job requirements needed. The management made the work place a fun place to be at while working. My co-workers as well had a big role in the productivity of the work place. The hardest part of the job is when we have to detain a guest for being abruptly rude and could cause harm to his/her self, and could possibly harm others. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet new faces that would go to the casino to enjoy their time there.
a fun place to work
Housekeeper Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYJuly 14, 2014
checked rooms after housekeeper cleaned them
it gave me more management skills
Pros
you can play on the gameing floor after work
Cons
always on the go
Excellent experience
Room Service /Server (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYNovember 22, 2013
Answer phones, take orders, run orders to rooms, set up their meals, clear their dishes, cash out all orders for room service and the restaurant, restock ice and coolers.
Pros
team setting and great medical benefits
Cons
not a warm environment
Was able to see large crowds, host major events
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Oneida, NYOctober 18, 2013
Turning stone was a good place to work. We had a very good team of bartenders. The drive to and from work was the best. I enjoyed the customer interaction the best.
Pros
good money, good co workers
Cons
bad hours, long drive
Fun at Turning Stone
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYOctober 9, 2013
A typical day of work including buying our drawer and verifying money before opening our windows for business. I learned how to deal with customers that were not always very friendly in a way that they walked away happier. My management team was amazing and very approachable in any type of situations. My co-workers went the extra mile to make everyone feel a part of our amazing team. The hardest part of my job was not being able to put a smile on all of my customers faces due to a loss of their money. The most enjoyable part of my job was gaining a bond with the regular customers and paying them out when they won big!
Workkk
Cocktail Waitress & Promo Model (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYJune 25, 2013
very enjoyable job. Friendly managment. easy office work. sorting and filing.
Management of large primarily unskilled staff to maintain properties.
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYApril 1, 2013
Typical day started 6:30AM-5PM. All employments have been generally a 7/24 job on call 24 hours a day due to managing the facilities or departments. Multi cultural staffing. In charge of hiring all the departmental staffs, budgetting the department, training, etc.
I have always enjoyed my employments and given them my full attention. Hardest part is not being able to have close friendships due to being the upper management of the staff. Most enjoyable was the contact with the staff and their families through work activities and holidays, etc. Learning the multiple cultural aspects of the staff was a great learning experience.
Having to explain the complexities of multi cultural staff and low income staffing to upper management was always the hardest part of the job. Upper management can lack the empathy necessary to manage lower income staff. Staff retention, with very low turn over has always been my best quality.
Pros
wonderful people to know and work with in housekeeping, learning about other cultures, getting to know the cultures, being able to teach cultures to respect one another and work together.
Cons
no breaks, hard long hours, housekeeping staff is often looked down on by others so gaining respect for staff is always a fight.

2.9