Turning Stone Resort Casino Employee Reviews

Great Job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYNovember 11, 2017
Great job, great people, love the place and venue, lots of food to eat. Why is there a 150 minimum character requirement for this, it's my review isn't it?
good place
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYOctober 13, 2017
not bad place to work if you don't mind dealing with odd shifts and strict rules, you have to ask permission to come the casino when not working, you weren't able to stay in the hotel as an employee .
Not a great place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYSeptember 21, 2017
A huge place to work with no union means there is no job security . Rules change day by day. Air quality is so poor in the smoking section is it a big health hazard . Bonuses & raises were taken away years ago . Long hours & underpaid. It's run like a sweatshop.
Cons
No union, no job security, poor management
Productive and fun
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Fast paced work enviroment, lots of meeting new people, nice people to work with, especially needed during busy times where streas is higher than normal
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Fun and edctional
CFO/Product designer (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COSeptember 14, 2017
I enjoyed working there. Learned allot and the staff was great to work with. The CEO had many interesting and inspiring ideas about business and life which I have carried with me until today.
I loved working at Turning Stone.
Entertainment Manager (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYSeptember 14, 2017
The people I worked with became family. There were so many opportunities working at Turning Stone. They offer a competitive benefit package and offer training for all employees.
Great Organizational Culture
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYAugust 30, 2017
This place is a great company, many opportunities to advance and explore your career. They are open to department transfers so you can find the best department that fits your needs. I would still be there if my spouse did not get military orders taking us elsewhere. Awesome orientation and training program.
Pros
Job Growth
Cons
The employee shuttle adds on extra time to commute to your location.
Challenging place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Verona,NYAugust 20, 2017
Wages are just to low for the expectation of the positions. Employees are asked to give the guests an exceptional experience yet paid average or less then average wages. Not enough staff to complete tasks requested and hiring process can take over 2 months.
Cons
Riding a bus to get on property can add an hour to your day, Unlikely there will be time to take breaks or a lunch regularly.
productive work place with a loud atmosphere
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYAugust 15, 2017
a typical work day would be busy and crowded, I've learned that responsibilities come first before anything else so take it seriously. management was good, always there when needed. work place culture is gaming and entertainment and costumer service. the hardest part of the job was dealing with drunk and rowdy costumers. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and got to meet celebs.
Loved my job!
Slot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Verona, NYJuly 23, 2017
I absolutely loved my job as a slot attendant! Felt more like a family with my fellow co workers and even my supervisors were great! I am leaving due to personal issues at home.
Super busy work flow
Cook (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYJuly 20, 2017
Rarely was there a day that wasn't a complete hectic mess that being said the kitchen crew always handles everything best as possible. Plenty of room to move around and advance if that is what you want.
Pros
Free meals, guaranteed break per shift.
Cons
Low pay for work required.
Amazing Place to work!!
Tin Rooster Hostess (Current Employee) –  Verona, NYJuly 5, 2017
I have only worked here for a few months and i have never felt more opportunity within the company. You can switch departments and type of work with ease. They really make you feel like a part of a big family.
Hard work but good company to work for
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Verona, NYJuly 5, 2017
work is long hours everyday, however its enjoyable when guests compliment the room cleanliness, and when they remember you from a previous stay it makes you feel good, coworkers are nice we all get along well. the hardest part of the job when there many rooms to and early check ins but it was good. the uniforms are terrible however.
Pros
good work ethics
Cons
uniforms
Quick-paced but most stressful workplace
Season's Harvest Buffet Cashier (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYJune 14, 2017
I cashed guests out, took out the trash and cleaned our station. I learned how to keep my mouth shut and not talk about other jobs. I learned that you should write everything that you do wrong on a piece of paper, just in case you get a variance. Management is good but not all of the supervisors agree on one thing. The workplace culture is very disoriented. They have favorite employees and guests. The VIP guests like to think that they own the casino. The guests will scream and holler at you if you do something wrong or ask for their drivers license. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the very unruly guests and the supervisor says to let them through without checking their drivers license. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are making new friends and learning how to toughen up.
A fast paced call center environment
Accommodations Training Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Verona, NYMay 24, 2017
Train & supervise reservations agents in a call center environment. The call center is open from 6am until midnight everyday. This call center makes reservations for all 4 lodging options, 4 fine dining restaurants and Tee Times for 3 PGA golf courses.
Fun place to be!
Keno Writer (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYMay 1, 2017
No matter what shift you worked, you became family and even on the slower shifts you still had fun working there. It is a good job for high school students looking to pay for a car and a few extras.
My current manager is amazing
Food and Beverage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Season's Harvest BuffetApril 26, 2017
Current Manager is amazing. I was trained very well on how to do my job, this in turn has given me the opportunity to train all new employees that one in as well as new management.
Best management I have ever had
SENIOR REVENUE AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Oneida, NYApril 22, 2017
The managers at TS are amazing, from my own personal experience. There is always plenty to do, making the day go by faster. If there it is a slow day or week there are projects and other departments that you can pick up work in if wanted.
Pros
hour lunch, benefits package
Cons
long commute, parking kind of off site.
Productive, fast pace, friendly
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYJanuary 15, 2017
It' was a great place to work, very busy and productive, people there we're very nice and engaging. I enjoyed it. I worked there for 3 years. The money was okay .
Productive and fun place to be
Valet (Former Employee) –  Vernon, NYJanuary 6, 2017
A valet at the Turning Stone Resort Casino offers a great experience and a great atmosphere to be around. The group that is employed is a very well and respected group of people.
Pros
Drive cars
Cons
cold winters

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turning Stone Resort Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

Turning Stone Resort Casino Reviews by Location