Turning Stone Resort And Casino

Turning Stone Resort And Casino Employee Reviews

Fun and Reasonable Place to work
Valet Attendant (Current Employee), Verona, NYSeptember 9, 2014
A typical day at work provides cash handeling, interactions with guests, and being able to provide a 5-Star Service. At Turning Stone Casino their top priority is customer service. I learned at this job to become patient and more outgoing with others. The guests at the casino are very diverse so I learned how to handle certain situations that i may have came across while working. Managment is very flexible and helpful if something is needed. My co-workers were great, i got to work with people with different ethnic backgrounds which help broaden my horizon. The hardest part of the job was being understaffed and extremely busy. The most enjoyable part was being able to laugh and still have fun at work.
Productive and fun workplace, great summer job experience
Beverage Cart Attendant (Current Employee), Verona, NYAugust 18, 2014
A typical day at work would be coming in getting the beverage cart out and loaded and starting paper work then heading out on the golf course to sell beverages and snacks to golfers.

From this job I have learned how to have good customer service and handle any situation thrown at me with a customer.

The hardest part of this job is keeping up with everything when it gets extremely busy and overwhelming.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to be outside on beautiful days and meet people from all over and the great friends you make in your coworkers
Table game
Customer Service (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYMay 13, 2014
It is hard and simple job but hard to handle .I learned to handle any risk and responsibility with care.
Nice place
Steward (Former Employee), Verona, NYMarch 7, 2014
I love to work at the Turning Stone Casino. It help me a lot with experience. And always meet a lot of different people and also nice co-worker.
Fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Verona, NYJanuary 12, 2014
Co workers were great. Fun place to work. Greeted customers and helped out when asked
Political
Senior Security Officer (Former Employee), Verona, NYNovember 25, 2013
have to deal with alot of politics you shouldnt have to and rules change day to day without notice
Fun place to work
Gaming Commission (Current Employee), Verona, NYNovember 19, 2013
Fun place to work, great environment. Really good benefits. Limited room for advancement due to the nature of the job. I've expanded my writing skills in this position and have learned to multitask better. The hardest part of the job is the hours, really difficult to have much family time.
fun place to work
Dealer/Diamond Card Representative (Former Employee), Verona, NYJune 18, 2013
Pros: give aways, great training and employee recognition
I enjoyed my employment at Turning Stone! I was fully trained to do my job proficiently and had the highest respect for all of my co-workers and bosses
Always and interesting place to be.
Bingo Moneyroom Clerk (Former Employee), Verona, NYJune 18, 2013
Pros: good benefits, fun co-worker and guests.
Cons: crazy hours, not a lot of free time
It is a pretty good place to work and you learn something new almost daily.It is a very good Resort and Casino to work in, especially if you like interacting with all types of people. I have learned so many different aspects of both a Hospitality and a Gaming environment. You never really understand how much goes into this field until you experience it. You learn how important communication, team work and good management is. The most challenging part of the job is guest interactions, however, it is also the most rewarding part of the job. You get to meet and talk with people from all over the world. On any given day you can run into almost anyone, from a celebrity to an elderly person with lots of life stories. It is a lot of work and quite time consuming as well to be part of, but it worth it.
Fun workplace
Money Room Cashier (Former Employee), Verona, NYMay 24, 2013
Pros: very nice facility
Cons: short breaks
I would arrive at work and count my drawer for my register. I would then count out the merchandise I was to sell for the day and make sure I knew what the promotion was for the two sessions. I would see many people on a daily basis and learned the proper ways to deal with problem customers in customer service. The hardest part of my job was the long lines and feeling a little pressured by the customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing some of the same people everyday and getting to know them. Management was always available as a resource.
A great place to work with an amazing history
Supervisor telephone (Former Employee), Oneida, NYApril 22, 2013
Pros: benefits, location, history, job opportunities
Cons: pay, sovreign nation (no union), cigar/cigarette smoke
A typical day at work involved stocking game tables with monetary game chips. I ensured that casino guests were of age on the gaming floor and worked with on-site state police with calls for service within casino grounds. I maintained and promoted the casino with pride as I enjoyed who and what I worked for.

I learned guest services and learned to manage guests that were unruly, intoxicated, and provided professional service that upheld the Casino's reputation.

The management treated their employees as people and not just subordinates. They worked with you and were easy to approach. They were firm, fair, and honest.

My co-workers were great work with. We had a strong camaraderie and looked forward to working together everyday.

The hardest part of the job is that I observed those who exhibited signs of a gambling addiction. Also the cigar/cigarette smoke in the Casino was heavy.

The most enjoyable part of being security at the Casino was working concerts of many famous musicians and comedians. I also was able to meet and greet famous actors and actresses who frequent the casino. I enjoyed learning about the Native American culture that the Casino was built on.
No flexibility, horrible pay
Hostess (Former Employee), Verona, NYFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: it is a job
Cons: everything
You work all hours at a poor income level. No paid holidays, can work around the clock.
Fun work place, always has something going on.
Resort Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Oneida, NYOctober 28, 2012
Pros: good benefits, lots of room for schedule needs, many different positions
Cons: no raises, have to be bused into resort
Small work area
Good benefits
Many shifts and positions available in this very large resort
Scholarships available for employees continuing education
No raises
enjoyed the many challenges and rewards the resort had to offer
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Verona NYOctober 11, 2012
Pros: i had my two days off together and little incentives were given out.
Cons: short staffed many times
When i arrived i would find out what had happened the previous night. I would help break house and deal with any issues that had arrived.I would brief the housekeepers and team leaders on what the goals were for the day. I inspected rooms. I helped team leads, dispatchers, and anyone who needed it. I would help the assistant executive with any projects she needed. i worked on our linen numbers. Then i would work on our work order lists. I would make sure the housemen and laundry attendants were doing what was needed and made sure they had what they needed for the day.
I learned that team work can accomplish anything. The hardest part of the job was doing the linen numbers. I worked for the most part with a great group of people.I still keep in touch with most of them now. We would work hard but laugh and joke during the day. This made it a great place to work.
Place of Employment was full of DRAMA.
Keno Writer (Former Employee), Verona, NYSeptember 4, 2012
I absolutely hated this place of employment. The management does not want to be bothered with issues that i going on in the work place they would rather sit in their office and do NOTHING about the situation.
Too many hours
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee), Verona, NYJune 13, 2012
I worked 50-60 hours a week and got paid for only 40. This job has no security what so ever.
Great company to work for.
Casino Porter (Former Employee), Verona, NYJune 6, 2012
Good pay for the work you do. plenty of interaction with a variety of people.
Employment for the Turning Stone ResortCasino and Oneida Indian Nation
Security Officer and Lead Security Officer. (Former Employee), My position covered the entire Resort/Casino.February 1, 2012
Pros: largest employer in central ny, with job opportunities, excellent benefits and pay.
Cons: security department to small for the complex.
Excellent opportunities for job diversity, advancement, and promotion.