TurnKey Vacation Rentals Employee Reviews

Extremely stressful work environment
Field Operations specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Aransas, TXDecember 14, 2017
This job did not pay enough for the amount of work that they expect to be done. Working for this company would be great for someone that does not have a family. Working 12-16 hour days does not allow much time for a family.
Cons
Poor management
Quick growing startup
Customer Success Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 31, 2017
This company is growing fast and it is fun to see something in its beginning stages but there are still a lot of growing pains. Poor management throughout with limited training. There are no set hours and the pay is on the lower end.
Pros
Friendly coworkers and good benefits
Cons
Inconsistent hours, poor management
Great working environment.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 14, 2017
You are able to Work at your own pace and schedule cleans for when your want to work. The staff is very friendly and professional. I have always had a good experience.
Good company with good model. Lots of growth required both internally and externally.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 6, 2017
TK is a good company with quality people helping them achieve their goals. They are not always focused on the correct things such as Customer Service and meeting Owner Expectations.
Exciting and Innovative Workplace with Great Culture
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2017
Turnkey Vacation Rentals is an amazing place to work. The small start up culture has been preserved well creating a fun and supportive environment that encourages individual growth. With an innovative culture, working at Turnkey trains you to be able to adapt and look for improvements or beneficial changes. Management encourages growth and plays an active role in providing all necessary support. The company is constantly improving it's product for customers, processes for employees, and tools to make the job easier. I would highly recommend Turnkey as a place to work for those looking for challenge and growth with a great company culture.
Pros
Pto, daily work balance, breaks, culture, employee growth
Cons
Na
Great place to work!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2017
I have been with the company for about a year and a half, and overall I have been impressed with the company. They provide a good working environment, encourage you to share your ideas and they are pretty transparent about what is going on with the company. They genuinely seem to care about their employees and want to see them succeed.
Pros
Pretty flexible work schedule, good benefits package, fun atmosphere, monthly team happy hour
Cons
Can be hard to make goals sometimes, but management in understanding and is open for ways to help improve processes
Great Place to Work
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2017
I've worked at TurnKey for almost two years. Here's the aspects I love most:

- Dynamic, fun, and challenging business category (travel/vacation rentals/sharing economy)
- Focused on building a great product and offering outstanding service to both vacation rental homeowners and guests
- Great people, culture, and leadership
- Transparent, open, hard-working, results-driven, innovative, fun, and respectful work environment
- Lots of opportunities to grow and expand the business
- A long-term focus to building a great operationally excellent business
Exciting and Fast Paced
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2017
TurnKey is trying to create a business that has yet to exist in the vacation rental marketplace. They are a group of bright minds with youthful energy. The work is hard (if it were easy it would already exist, no?) but the rewards are great and the opportunities endless. They are quick to promote internally and take pride in the innovation employees come up with. I have spent the last 3+ years at TurnKey and hope to continue this journey.
Pros
Fun culture, beer Fridays, exciting team events, flexible PTO, and discounts on personal VR stays!
Mid-Level Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2017
I have worked for TurnKey for several years and could not feel more respected or supported. My colleagues are incredibly intelligent, gifted people. The work is hard but worthwhile and challenging. The company is innovative and all opinions are respected and heard. What more could you ask for?
Fun Fast growing company
Sales (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2017
TurnKey Is a growing company in the Vacation Industry. There's a great culture and is a fast paced working environment! Everyone seems to be working for the same goal to make Turnkey the largest & best Vacation rental manager in the country. This being said TurnKey is growing fast and with fast growth, some people fall off. I plan on growing within TurnKey and helping TK reach our goal. The managers are all great and everyone is continuously working to improve processes. I really enjoy working for such a great company and working with all the great people here at TK! Also free beer Friday always helps top off the end of the week!
Pros
Happy Hour and monthly Company wide meetings, 3 weeks PTO
Fun startup with solid growth potential
Sr. Manager, Sales (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2017
I came to Turnkey from a large tech company in Austin, and immediately saw my work/life balance chance. Although we work hard to meet our goals, Turnkey management also values your personal time with family and friends. The major change that I saw was the ability to offer up ideas and thoughts, which seemed frowned upon at my last company. The open door policy here is truly open door. I feel that upper management truly has your best interests in mind, and understands that you are working hard for them as well as yourself, and it is acknowledged.
Pros
Monthly company recap meetings and happy hour
Cons
No 401k Match
positive and professional
Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2017
One of the best managers I've ever had. Working inbound and outbound leads, great product/market fit. Team will fill up fast because it's a growing company.
Flexible work environment with upward mobility
Content Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2017
My day can vary quite a bit since this is a high growth dynamic company in an emerging industry. My manager is thoughtful, sympathetic and engaged. My coworkers are hard working, imaginative, creative and dedicated to making TurnKey better. I have a lot of license and agency about how to conduct my job. While I like not being micromanaged, the freedom itself can be difficult. Across all departments, people are willing to help with a project whenever you need. I like the collaborative culture and striving to create a unique offering in the vacation rental space.
Pros
Remote work available and encouraged, generous vacation, healthcare, monthly pizza outing, large holiday party in spring and summer
Cons
very busy
Innovative yet cold, unaccountable, low concern for clients and guest,Non Transparent on any level
Field Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Northwest FLApril 19, 2017
Would not recommend this company to any middle to field management level individuals. This companies goal is to build and sell out with little concern for collateral damage to others. The staff employed by TK in market have little to no experience in vacation rental management. No Christmas bonuses.
Pros
free lunches health care
Cons
no accountabily, little to no concern for family life outside of work, Multiple department roles performed by single individuals, Iess than qualified staff in key positions
Creativity and self motivation is a must
Field Operations Specialist, San Diego Market (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 7, 2017
Great place to work if you are self starter and independent worker. Each day is different and has new challenges so must be able to adapt and make decisions quickly.
Pros
Independence
Cons
On call frequently

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TurnKey Vacation Rentals. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2