Turtle Bay Resort Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
You learn something new each day with different guest's, and I found myself learning the true meaning of ALOHA.
Aloha Ambassador (Former Employee) –  O‘ahu, HIOctober 2, 2013
Work will always begin with a briefing meeting to see if any guest or employee incidents occurred. Management would then give a percentage of how many guest's we would have staying in house.

While I would be assigned to dispatch, I would have to take all call's whether it was guest's, non guest's, management, co workers, HPD (police), EMS and HFD (fire department) I would have a log sheet that I would have to log and write what was being said for documentation. HR would also leave the employee checks in dispatch for employee's to come and pick up, I would then have to do a security check on employee's i.d's, The main fire panel would be inside dispatch and had to be monitored on occasion however the main camera's was in dispatch that had to be monitored as top priority.

I enjoyed myself because I was able to communicate with all guest's and my co workers sharing the Aloha with them and making them smile was a big accomplishment for myself.
Pros
benefits medical dental insurance.
Cons
the cafe was closed during gave shift.
Fun Workplace
Aloha Ambassador Officer (Former Employee) –  Kahuku, HIJuly 3, 2014
Working at Turtle bay is such an amazing place. Great co-workers, one thing I enjoyed about this place is the people I get to help sharing information about the Island and Hotel. One thing I have learned about this work place is delegation, and that was on of my weakness, but overcome it when working with such a great co-workers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with intoxicated individuals especially trying to cooperate with them, but I learned to be patience. The enjoyable part of the job is service which I really like to do.
Pros
medical
Cons
shorts breaks
I loved 99.o/o of my co=workers, but the hardest job ,(my dept.) I ever had.
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Kahuku, HIMarch 24, 2013
Long, hot windy and sweatty, . I learned that you can not make the guest happy w/you on thier first day if they had a bad experience at thier departure place ( it is still your fault ) the weather is the servers fault once they get checkedin,,, and any delays w/ front desk or housekeeping rolls down to the poolsideservers!!! The wind is the pool servers fault, it is crazy!!!! But and the other hand it i a beautiful property, and the nice and normal guests are a pleasure,,they make our days happy w/smiles, just being on vacation and being happy. It is hard to work w/ co-workers that want your spot on the ladder,, and they are always there,trying to throw you under the bus!!! sad but true..!!!
Pros
health insurance, nice property
Cons
(in my dept. ) zero breaks, zero food, and the hot sun and windy weather and rain seasons .
Not a bad place to work
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 15, 2012
The old management team when I was there is no longer there.
The environment lacks team work and the managers tends to fight among themselves. The old Hotel Manager did not particularly care for local people
Pros
free lubcg
Cons
short lunch breaks
great
Resort Concierge/Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Kahuku, HIJune 21, 2012
Turtle Bay Resort is a great working environment! Great place to meet people from around the world. Fellow employees share that same excitement. Work is always busy, and there is always something to do. Everyone has to work together to keep the job moving smoothly. Hardest part of the job is to keep organized with all the things that are going around, hard but not unmanageable. I enjoy my job because its a great way to meet people from all over the world. you get a good sense of how other people think, and a open my eyes to a whole new world.
Pros
medical, tips
Cons
no consistent scheduling.
Exciting & fun for all families, Active in outdoor sports,horseback riding to all types of water sports.
HOTEL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  North Shore, Kahuku Hi.January 6, 2014
A typical work day would be beginning with morning meetings with the managers from various departments. Conducting one on one meetings with managers relative to Food & Beverage operations to include Catering and banquets. Working with the Sales team. Reviewing daily revenues and caption ratios/ average checks, creating special events for upcoming groups and tailoring venues for clients. Dealing with all types of guest and customers both external and internal. What I learned was to teach others on how to handle difficult clients, enjoyed sharing knowledge on cost saving & potential revenue opportunities, the hardest part of my job was to teach the managers on how to handle union employee situations while still maintaining employee morale. What I enjoyed most was turning the hotel around with two new restaurants and improving overall quality of service. Enjoy pleasing guest.
Pros
many perks, free dry cleaning, lunches, special parking, entertaining clients, staff gym
Cons
n/a
Productive Fun Reservation Team
RESERVATIONS SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Kahuku, HIDecember 19, 2012
i love being in the hospitality industry - meeting new people working with amazing people as well. learning everyday of new challenges, skills, short cuts, ways to communicate etc
Pros
team + individual incentives
Cons
no free meals