Tuskegee University Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Tuskegee Institute, ALJuly 31, 2017
My overall experience working for Tuskegee University is great! Everyone is more like a family away from home. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with the students and other colleagues in providing the best customer service that I can give.
Pros
Excellent benefits: Paid time off, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, retirement account
Cons
Pay grade is not up to par for the length of time I've been here and the work that I do.
I loved working in Archives
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALJuly 7, 2017
In the Archive department, it was wonderful, while I didn't enjoy working in the lab, other work study students helped me enjoy the time. In archives, I felt more welcomed from the whole staff and theother work study students as well.
Great Atmosphere and Place to Learn
Graduate Teaching Assistant Fellow (Current Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALJune 16, 2017
Great Research projects, programs and Professors. Tuskegee University continues to excel not only in research but in the development of scholars. An experience worth having
Microanatomy Tutor
Hill's Representative (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee Institute, ALJune 2, 2017
I love Tuskegee and the education it gave me. I made my own schedule so work/life balance was wonderful. Too bad the job only lasted for a school year!
Productive and fun workplace
Information Technology Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALMay 28, 2017
Tuskegee provided a great learning experience. I love the school atmosphere which is family-like, and my professors strive to provide each student intern opportunities each year. I am blessed to attend my HBCU, and I would not trade the experience for any other school.
Great place to learn and practice, Productive workplace and experience.
Veterinarian in training (CPE Training) (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALMay 13, 2017
Great place to learn and practice, Productive workplace and experience. Had great learning experience in small and large animals, under supervision of great professors.
Fun place
Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALApril 28, 2017
Very good place to work. Enjoyable atmosphere. The people are nice and friendly. Get to meet lots of people and network. The campus is quiet and neat.
Great place to work and have fun.
Graduate Teaching/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALApril 20, 2017
Pros
1) Scope of company means you can do many things - lots of opportunity to learn new skills, if you're willing to relocate and learn.
2) Interesting work and a variety of people and cultures
3) Good benefits
4) Cutting-edge technology
Cons
1) Direction at the top of the company is poor. Not much confidence in the top execs.
2) Too much focus on cost-side of the equation, a result of poor revenues for many quarters.
3) Shoemakers children with technology for employees - i.e., 4-year cycle for laptop replacement, not a lot of interval.
Advice to Management
1) Apply reasonable rules for co-location - if you support a global team, does it matter where you work?
2) Minimize the cost-cutting, especially of good people. At some point it has to stop. It's a terrible morale hit.
Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALApril 13, 2017
Loved, loved, loved my manager. She was very helpful and passionate about her work. She made sure I got the proper training needed to be successful in my role. Very nice atmosphere to work and if I could, I would still be employed with her.
Softball
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALMarch 29, 2017
A typical day at work consists of 5+ hours of office work and then 2+ hours of practice. Work days sometimes include meetings and lots of paperwork...
Fun Workplace
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Union Springs, ALMarch 17, 2017
I was employed under Tuskegee University's Happy Feet Camp in Union Springs, Alabama. During this period of the summer, I assisted two of the University's employees in teaching healthy habits to young local children. It was a blessing to be able to mold the habits of the youth and demonstrate a healthy lifestyle. The workplace was small, but an ample amount of work was done. During physical activities, I was able to take the children outside and teach them new games and different ways to exercise. With this employment, I learned to work with children of different backgrounds and upbringings, while also being able to interact with parents who want the best for their children.
Pros
Good teaching opportunities, Fun
Cons
Small Building, Hot Temperature
An excellent institution to attend
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALJanuary 26, 2017
As a graduate from Tuskegee University, I am thoroughly well-rounded and prepared to enter any field in social services or social work. This institution is one that prepares you for university life as well as life after one graduates.
Productive and fun place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALJanuary 10, 2017
Mostly work as a teaching assistance while undertaking my studies. Enjoyed the work environment and the team work across various departments. Would highly recommend this employer
Duties: Running cable, and making Ethernet cable performing other IT related duties
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALJanuary 3, 2017
Possesses a working knowledge of the IT department.
Uses proper telephone etiquette.
Knows how to use front office equipment.
Attends department meetings.
Tuskegee Work Life.
Student Research Assistant/Assistant Farm Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 2, 2017
Work life at Tuskegee is rewarding and challenging. A typical day at work consist of feeding farm animals and collecting data about their physical and sometimes mental state.

My co-workers were amazing and as hard of workers as I am. They were very helpful and encouraging.

The hardest part of the job is the changing weather.
The best part of the job is just being around the animals.
Pros
experience. animal handling.
Cons
pay.
It was an okay job
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALDecember 12, 2016
I learn a lot at this job. It taught me how to work on cables install wifi and build and run cables cords. I had a great boss who work with me first hand.
Good
Student (Former Employee) –  TuskegeeDecember 12, 2016
My time at Tuskegee University was a very enjoyable time. I would have not chose another school to intend. My company was good.
Productive and hard working environment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALDecember 9, 2016
Being a graduate master student at Tuskegee has been challenging and rewarding. It has helped build great time management and balance skills. Having to juggle between my own class work, analyzing and processing research data, being active in various organizations, and helping undergraduate students was overwhelming in the beginning. After a month or so I've managed to become a pro at splitting my time evenly and still be most effective. However, the most challenging part of my position is still time management. It can become a problem when the unexpected or any set backs may occur. Thankful I've been able to work with some of the brightest students in our department whose always willing to lend a hand. Having to rely on colleagues was a challenge for me as well. I'm a very independent student, so it can be hard for me to ask for help at times, but I'm well of aware of when I should do so. The most enjoyable part been watching myself grow as an individual. My mindset before working at Tuskegee was completely different from what I have today.
Pros
Study areas, break rooms, nice study environment
Cons
Overall benefits
pass
Director of Enterprise Accounting (Current Employee) –  AlabamaNovember 6, 2016
I prefer not to review this . It is best that I not give my input on the University work environment. The Student portion of the school is family oriented and full of pride. The school really teaches the student to adapt to situations in a way to appreciate things when they graduate even more.
Athletic Compliance
Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance (Current Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALJune 20, 2016
I enjoy my work environment and my co workers are very helpful in implementing my daily processes as a Compliance Director.