Tuskegee University Employee Reviews

fun workplace, a lot to do on campus
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALMay 9, 2016
Office job, filing papers, decorating bulletin boards, conducting meetings for residents. Also hosted fun events and mediated conflict between roommates.
Pros
free room and board, meeting new people
Cons
work on weekends
Out door world of farm animals
Student Research Assistant/Assistant Farm Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaApril 27, 2016
Day to day work is seeing Goats, horses, cow, turtles, even poultry such as wild turkeys, chickens, and geese.
my co-workers make this already fun experience even better they help and even teach when possible. I think because we are similar in age it is easier to relate and learn from them. The best part of this job is knowing that I am gaining the knowledge to help animals.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
the heat.
Wonderful Faculty and learning environment
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALMarch 30, 2016
While at Tuskegee University, I enjoyed working with the professors. They made sure that each student was able to get in contact with them as often as possible and worked with us if there were any problems. The material was challenging and they pushed me to think outside the box.
hello
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALMarch 29, 2016
i really dont want to say anything bout this...this is my school but it can be better in so many ways. im only typing to get my 20 words out the way
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALMarch 28, 2016
Completed my undergraduate and graduate degree at Tuskegee University. It was a rewarding experience and some of the most professional individuals that I had the pleasure of working with and for. The University has prepared me to be a productive employer and contribute to whichever company I choose to work for.
Overall review
Purchasing & Auxiliary Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALMarch 16, 2016
Working at an prestigious university opened my eyes to the rich history and of those who pioneered lots of commerce for this country we love. I learned a great deal about agriculture and those who have passion for it. My co workers were great people who love the work we did. Leadership was exceptional and were always supportive. The hardest part of the job was leaving the great people behind. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the many commodities needed to keep the university running.
Overall, a great environment to work at.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALJanuary 13, 2016
I am able to express my skills so overall I like it. I meet new people every year. It's a real good learning experience. I am able to teach the labs associated with the class. Since I am able to engage with the students I know what they like about the class and what they dislike.
Pros
I get a remote that controls the projector in the class rooms.
Cons
I don't get paid on time, ever.
productive workplace
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALOctober 7, 2015
I worked 7.5 a day I worked with vendors and the tuskegee university departments. I processed purchase orders to be sent to the vendor the various departments were ordering from. My co-workers were team players.
Turbulent
Staff (Current Employee) –  N/AAugust 27, 2015
The most enjoyable parts of the job are the schedule flexibility and supportive colleagues. Unfortunately, the cons truly do out weigh the pros. The administration seems completely unaware and out of sync, which annihilates any positive aspirations for a career at the institution.
Pros
flexible schedule and colleague support
Cons
Administration
No job security
Manager (Former Employee) –  ALAugust 16, 2015
The University has been involved in a reduction in force since October 2013. There is now job security. The morale amongst the staff has been at the bottom of the barrel for a long time. There has never been a time where the University has benchmarked job salaries. If you do accept a job from there get a contract!
Pros
History
Great University
Campus Technology Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALAugust 7, 2015
Great school. You get a chance to interact with the students and help with their daily struggles. Has a lot of historic sites with very valuable information
I had the opportunity to know all of the faculty by name and number and assist new student in directing them to the person they need to see on campus
Supervisor of Telecommunication (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALJuly 21, 2015
I had my own office space where i answered out going and incoming calls. supervised work study student and with my regular employee. When I retired in 2005 I got along with my co-worker so well that I put her in my position before I left and she is still holding good until now. There were no hard part. I learn to how allow people to make good decision without having to supervisor them. The most enjoyable part was being able to work freely without harassed.
Pros
good place to work and get retirement
Cons
my breaks was good and if we had a doctor appointment we could go and not loose any time.
Working in a university setting
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALJuly 16, 2015
I enjoyed working with the students attending the university. Updated alumni in the online data system. Connecting with board members and instructors on the campus.
Pros
Connecting with the students
Cons
Often being asked by supervisors to do jobs out side the realm of duties in job description.
Creative Environment
Program Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alabama, TuskegeeJune 15, 2015
Fosters great diversity in research and education efforts. There is always room for improvement as the world resolves.
Research Assistnent
Summer Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALJune 12, 2015
Great research opportunity, poor facilities and follow through with other facilities. facilities are out of date for up to date cutting edge research.
Work study
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALJune 5, 2015
This is a private HBCU where people are like a family. I went to school over there and i loved it. Life in tuskegee may not be as entertaining as you may want it but it is a place where education is at its best
Productive and fun work place
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALMay 14, 2015
Good experience in filing paperwork, answering calls, and delivering mail. Meet some great people and really enjoyed working for my supervisor and her supervisor.
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALMay 13, 2015
Learned thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, plant design, etc. Mastered AspenPlus software to design chemical engineering equipment. Worked in teams to present design projects and reports.
experience gained is valuable.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALApril 29, 2015
I learned from my co-workers the art of starting a job is just as important as finishing a job. The knowledge was rewarding.
The campus boasts of very nice tennis courts for recreation
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALFebruary 17, 2015
Tuskegee University is a historically Black renowned University in Tuskegee Institute, AL.

Stimulating Interacting with Professors and students

implementing good work plan for successful projects

how to select the best out of the best students in the nation

to see the graduation of talented young minds
Pros
50% tuition for children of employees
Cons
for its caliber it has a small population of 3, 000 students

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tuskegee University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2