TUSTIN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome working with students
Avid Tutor (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAApril 9, 2016
I love helping middle/high school and learning from them as well. Most of my co workers are doing the same major in college like I am so it is great working with them.
The students make working here awesome
Student Pupil Personnel Services (Former Employee) –  High schoolDecember 3, 2015
The students make the work awesome but some staff members will stress you out to the core. I had to endure bullying and health problems as a result of working there. It was amazing to work with the teachers and classified but I can not say the same about some of the individuals I had to work with. I believe that work has to be professional and for the best of all students. Working there I saw that many students were not served nor given services that were needed. Students were talked about and many times were pushed away when they sought help from individuals that were supposed to be there to support them. Parents were avoided and the people in charge were not respected. However, this was seen as a great thing. Following ethics and being professional was not appreciated. Helping students above and beyond was seen as nothing. Many individuals were pompous, insecure, and thought they were better than the kids being served. Team members talked about other members and sadly bullied colleagues. Instead of performing job duties people were to busy talking about others, putting on nail polish, taking long breaks, talking about people in charge, and back stabbing. It was a very toxic environment. The only great people about one of the sites under this district were the children.
Pros
Wonderful teachers and classified personnel that inspire children on a daily basis.
Cons
Bullying and unprofessionalism
Great place to work - Dissatisfaction with Job Security
Temporary Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAOctober 5, 2014
A typical day at work could be at any school that called in for a temporary teacher for that day. Activities included, creating lesson plans, advising 35+ students, maintaining a positive classroom while following rules and procedures, planning alongside grade level staff, and sitting in on parent/teacher conferences. I worked at several schools in the Tustin Unified School District and had a great experience with friendly staff and principals. The hardest part of the job was knowing when the next opportunity would come around and patiently waiting for a full time position. The most enjoyable part of the job was by far, the students.
Pros
teaching environment, positive role model, friendly interactions with parents/staff.
Cons
poor compensation, long hours, poor work/life balance
Good environment with good people
Seasonal Worker (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CaSeptember 22, 2014
I would have an assignment or work order to repair or help out at one of the schools. I learned a great deal about how to maintain the outer and inner appearance of the schools in the district. My supervisor was an easy going guy with firm work ethics. My co-workers were fun to work with. Good people. The hardest part of the job were the days that I spent a good amount of the work day outside under the sun. The best parts of the job were the company I worked with.
Awesome program
AVID Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAAugust 14, 2014
This is a great program for Spanish speakers. It helped lots of children to advance in school.
Great
Office Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAJuly 29, 2014
The adult school is great, very professional, management was great, will change, but overall great
Teacher
Adult Ed Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAApril 9, 2014
A great place to visit. Students are diverse and fun.Staff is helpful and friendly.
Such a fun place to work!
Nutritional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAFebruary 6, 2014
I loved my job at TUSD where I managed the kitchen at an elementary school. The kids were the highlight of my day and I enjoyed serving them lunches.
Pros
fun, great co-workers, great school district to work for.
Cons
not enough hours
Good Work environment
Noon Duty Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAOctober 29, 2013
Working with kids and helping them with there studies and one on one posistions as well.
This was a great accomplishment for me as I began as a helper and worked my way up to management.
Cafeteria Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAAugust 29, 2012
I began working in the school district when I had children because I wanted to be with them to raise them and not have to leave them with a babysitter. I started as a sub and then became permanent part/time. I worked at elementary schools where food was delivered from a central kitchen. I served lunches to students and did clean up. Eventually I moved into a school kitchen and learned various jobs, such as baking, salad & sandwiches. Also served lunches and clean up. Later I became a cook, then a manager. Working in schools is fun and rewarding. When I am doing a good work for students, it gives me a feeling of accomplishment. I love the atmosphere and the creativity we were allowed to use to better our cafeteria's and increase breakfasts and lunches. Again, the hardest part is trying to keep everyone working together as a team.
Awesome people to work with.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAJune 9, 2012
Great people to work with. Helped many parents and teachers understand each other to help out the students, especially if they needed it. The hardest part of being an interpreter here was seeing how many low-income families there were and not enough resources to always provide them with what they were lacking.
Productive and Organized
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAMay 10, 2012
This is a great school district and I would love to be hired as a full time teacher. The staff, teachers, and students are polite and hard working.
Pros
work in various schools and grade levels
Cons
not full time, on call

4.5